LORAC Unzipped

4.6

on 2/15/2014 5:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was my first ever high end make up purchase. I am soooo in love with these eyeshadows! They are neutral but lean more toward a bronze/burgundy neutral than a brown neutral. These are warm neutrals- not cool neutrals, and all the shadows range from matte to very subtle shimmer to not so subtle shimmer. Mostly they are matte and very subtle shimmer, which was my main concern as I've found other palettes with gorgeous colors that were mostly too shimmery/glittery for my taste. Not only are the colors beautiful, the consistency of the shadows is heavenly. Very creamy and soft! I tried them out both with and without primer. They last much better with primer, but even without primer they still looked great through a 12 hour workshift! Without primer they did crease a tiny bit, but the color overall didn't fade at all! The only downside is the packaging. The palette container is made out of thick cardboard. Although the design on it is cute, the package itself seems cheap and flimsy. I don't really care about that but if you are someone who puts a lot of importance on packaging aesthetics then you may be dissappointed. After wearing these I don't beleive I'll ever be truly happy with drugstore eyeshadow again....will have to save up to feed my high end eyeshadow addiction lol.

I love this palette. It is my only palette but I am eyeing others now! I love the warm tones of the shadows on my fair olive skin and blue eyes. Would totally recommend! Ok the other hand I didn't like the primer at all. Shadows creased really bad. I prefer UDPP.

on 2/6/2014 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Wowza, my new HG of eyeshadow palettes. Each color prettier and more wearable than the last one, and you get a lot of each product. I'm in my 50's so just can't do sparkle anymore, or unnatural shades. These colors are lovely, with a soft wash of shimmer that I feel comfortable pulling off No longer at Sephora, but now available at Kohls and Ulta.

on 2/5/2014 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I rarely gush about eye shadows but I adore this palette! I'm pretty flaky about shadows and bounce back and forth between lemmings but this is the one I reach for the most, with UD Naked 2 and Naked 3 right behind it.

Pros:
Simple, light weight packaging. I don't mind the cardboard or that it doesn't come with its own brush.
Undiscovered, Unattainable and Uncensored are all PANNED! My go-to look!

Cons:
At $40, it's a bit pricey for 10 shadows in a cardboard box, but considering the results and the frequency of use I feel that I've gotten my money's worth. I would buy again.

on 2/4/2014 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm underwhelmed by this palette. The packaging cardboard, which bothers me about Lorac, although I do love the Lorac Pro palette. Unzipped is not something that I would tell people to run out and buy. The colors are okay, but they all seem very similar when I apply them to the eyes. They all seem to pull orange on me which isn't what you'd think by looking at them in the pan. It's very odd. I'm quite fair so that may be a factor. I find that I can't do an eyeshadow look with this one palette, for whatever reason it never looks good alone on me. As for pigmentation it's pretty good. It's similar to the Pro palette with the buttery consistency of the shadows. To be honest, I would return it if I could! I'm just not wowed like the other reviewers seem to be, which is disappointing really.
To add to the whole Naked 3 versus Lorac Unzipped conversation, I personally prefer the Naked 3. The Naked 3 is more neutral/cool while Unzipped is far warmer. They're not that similar in my opinion.

on 2/2/2014 5:55:00 PM

I have the N3 as well and I like the Unzipped much more. The.colours are.blendable and very flattering.

on 2/1/2014 8:30:00 PM

I love this eye palette! All the colors work great with my very fair neutral skin tone. Even though is has less color choices, I prefer this to the pro palette. There is no comparing this to the naked 3 palette, they r just not the same. I own both the N3 and Unzipped and I would grab this over the N3 every time! The colors just suit me better. Get this palette!

on 1/31/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used my 20% off UIta coupon on this so it was only 32 dollars, which is a steal for the amount of eye shadow you get. This looks much more wearable than Naked 3, which seems to have a lot of light pink and create looks that would appeal more to girls in their 20s. With the coupon it was also 20 dollars less than the Naked 3 and, unlike N3, there is not a dud to be found. The main reason I bought this is because of the rave reviews, which are all true. It is very easy to put on, great pigmentation, and it is a dream to blend. Definitely worth the money!

on 1/24/2014 10:10:00 AM

I am done buying eyeshadow for awhile!!! This palette is amazing and I don't know why it took me so long to purchase. I love the PRO palette and this one is even better! The colors are like butter and blend easily. I've used it four times and there is no fallout- still looks brand new. The colors all work together and look great on me (NC15-20). I use a bit of the matte vanilla to blend everything, and my eyeshadow has never looked better!! I've always used the LORAC primer, but with this shadow, my eyes look EXACTLY the same at 7am and 7pm. Obviously, I'm in love!

on 1/12/2014 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is the one eyeshadow palette that I own that I would repurchase upon running out or losing it. Lorac's eyeshadows are some of the best in the business-- great color payoff, no fallout, very buttery in consistency, and easy to apply and blend. The rosy undertones of these neutrals make them really special. All of the colors look great with my skin tone, they make my eye color pop, and the selection of colors is perfect. In most palettes there's at least one way-too-extreme black, a chalky shade, or an overly glittery shade that I avoid, but in this one they're all really usable for every occasion. You could use any combination of these colors to create something pretty. I've used this palette for everything from school to an interview to going out to the bar. It's an absolute must-buy and I recommend it to everyone!

Popular Palettes