July 25, 2014 | 1702 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Nourishing Color Foam

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by wish71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried This product twice because it is easy to use because it saturates hair easily. It smells better than most dyes. Unfortunately, the colour didn't take well at the roots so I ended up with a reverse ombré look that got worse with washing (using sulfate free shampoo).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by angell101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

was not impressed with this product. i used dark blonde to cover up some accidental over bleaching and have ended up with dark brown hair and i only left it on for 20 mins! its easy to use appart from slippery to try and pump. didnt lather on my hair like it said it sould. wasy to wash out and didnt smell too bad. would be an ok product if it came out the colour it was supposed to!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by SweetSurrender

I haven't dyed my hair in years and I have been wanting to lighten my hair a bit...nothing too drastic. I purchased Medium Golden Brown and the so far the results have been fantastic. The foaming action makes application so easy. I have medium-long length hair and the creme dyes usually take 45 minutes to an hour to apply. I would say I had my hair covered in about 10 minutes. Holding the bottle and trying to pump was a little hard as the bottle got slippery - not a big deal. Washing the product out was a cinch and I did not have any stains on my skin. My hair felt very coarse and dry before the conditioner but after the conditioner was applied and left on for 3 minutes my hair felt magically soft. The next day my hair still smells a little like dye but the condition of my hair has not really changed except it seems a bit shinier. The only gripe I have is that there didn't seem to be enough dye in the bottle. I applied the whole bottle to my hair and I worried that my ends were not completely covered. In the end, my hair was covered correctly but I would recommend more dye added to the bottles to be on the safe side. I would repurchase again but I will try another foaming product next time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Since this dye was on sale, thought I'd try taking a break from John Frieda. It wasn't worth it. The only thing the dye had going for it was that it smelled decent. The bottle style makes it hard to pump foam out, and the cheap gloves they give you don't help give you a good grip on the bottle. The foam was runny and messy: it travelled everywhere. It took forever to rinse out. The conditioner they included did nothing to soften or condition the hair: my hair actually felt worse than it did before. And the color isn't even close--I know the results are a combination of your natural hair color plus the dye, but this wasn't even in the ballpark.

Lesson learned: cheaper isn't always better. I'm going back to John Frieda.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by fromstarstuff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently used this hair dye to fix a botched color job I got at a local salon. The stylist had attempted to make my hair a deep auburn, but I ended up with slightly brassy hair and very orange roots. Garnier products usually work well for me, so I picked up a box of their Nutrisse Nourishing Color Foam. I wanted a dark brown result, but because my hair was already color treated and tends to be very porous and really soak up and hold on to dye, I chose a color that looked one or two shades lighter than what I wanted: that ended up being color 5 - medium brown. Here are my thoughts:

Pros:

Not nearly as smelly as other foam hair dyes I have used. Definitely doesn't smell as chemically, and I have a rather sensitive sniffer.

I really like the foamer cap. I turned the bottle over a few times and was able to pump out a nice foam immediately.

Application is very easy. It does turn a bit watery once it hits your hair, and it doesn't stay frothy like you might expect. However, I was able to pump it into my hand and get it into my hair without it dripping.

The dye did not stain my scalp, skin, or anything else. The little bit that got onto my ears and forehead was easily removed with a little soap and water. There was no color residue in my sink or in my shower afterwards.

My hair did not feel overly dried out after dying, even when I went over it the second time (more on that in a minute). Of course I feel a difference, but it's not excessive.

The conditioner included in the box is very nice and did not weigh my hair down in an attempt to hide damage.

The included gloves fit very well and felt like good quality.

The box costs around $8 at Target, and there are often coupons or sales. I believe I paid $6 for the first box I purchased.

I have a lot of grey hair, and all of it is covered. In fact, I think this is the best hair dye I've used for covering grey, as my grey hairs did not end up brighter than the others. I did let the dye sit on my roots/grey about five minutes longer than the rest of my hair.

Because I knew that my hair would go darker since it's already damaged/color treated and chose a lighter shade, I got the color that I wanted. In fact, I'm very happy with it. It toned out the brassiness perfectly, and I have a rich, chocolately dark brown that looks fabulous with my pale, beige skin tone.

Cons:

There doesn't seem to be as much product in this box as you'd get in other similar dyes. This may have been more noticeable to me because I was changing colors (not just toning or covering grey). My hair is very thick and about shoulder length, and I was not able to cover all of my hair. I did have several big red patches towards the back of my head after the first application. I went back the next day and purchased a second box to finish covering it up. I ended up using over half of it. If you're doing a new application and don't have short hair, I really suggest buying that second box, just in case. However, one box will be plenty to do my roots and touch up any faded ends later.

All that said, my only complaint was that I needed a second box for shoulder length hair. However, now that I'm content with this color for a while, I will only need one box for future applications. I will definitely be using this again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by fatwombat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've never written a review before, but I just used this product earlier today, and I'm not thrilled.

Right after I colored my hair, I broke out in a rash all over my arms. Nothing on my face, but I have gross, little red bumps covering the insides of my arms.

I did not patch test. Perhaps I should have.

Especially after noting that:

1)They instruct to you rinse hair with gloves on. No other brand does this.

2)The set time is 25 minutes. And they do not recommend leaving it on for an extra 5 for resistant grays.

Hmm... Must be pretty potent stuff, then.

It also made my scalp itch like crazy while the color was in. I was dying to get it off my head. And, I have to say, that it was very hard to rinse out. It took about 10 minutes.

I'd think long and hard before using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by thepittipat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Loved this! I've wanted to try foaming hair color for ages but read terrible reviews about other brands. So heck yeah, when I saw Garnier had one now I snatched some up. It was so easy to apply and took me less than 10 minutes. It did not drip at all so I went about my business putting away laundry while I waited for it to process.

Covered up my grays and my hair is so pretty & shiny. Will definitely get again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by catie87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great hair color product. I have been using Garnier Nutrisse hair color for about 3 months now. I was excited to try the new foam formula.

Application time only took about 10 minutes. I have fairly long hair and typically it takes me over an hour to use the creme and liquid formula hair dyes. This process was so much easier and I did not have to use more than one package of hair color.

I typically dye my hair a dark red which typically fades to a lighter red throughout the six weeks before I color again. I used the 4RR dark intense auburn and it came out a dark deep red.

My hair felt very soft and silky after coloring and applying the conditioner. Overall, I have no complaints and will definitely be using this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by msramona

Although this was easy to use and I very much liked the color result, I was disappointed that the gray coverage just wasn't there unfortunately.
Maybe a good product for those who don't need to deal with the whole gray issue???

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by willows72

I have been using L'Oreal Nutrisse for a few years now as I like the variety of shades and the colourant smell isn't too overpowering. I saw the Nutrisse foam in Boots today and thought I would give it a go. It foamed up nicely and was easy to apply. I found it easier than the liquid colourant as it didn't drip and get everywhere; it was easier to control and quicker to cover all my hair. After 30 minutes, I washed it out. The only thing I don't usually like about hair dye is that my hair can feel a bit brittle and coarse usually, even with using the enclosed conditioner. I noticed very quickly that the foam did not have this effect and my hair felt soft and silky very quickly. The hair dye smell is not as strong either. I have long, dark brown hair with a few grey hairs here and there and the dye covered them all brilliantly. I will definitely purchase this again over the liquid dye preparation! Very happy!