October 21, 2014 | 2036 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Nourishing Color Foam

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by lthoms

HORRIBLE.
I went to dye my hair a dark brownish red from already dark brown hair, and it managed to make it bright red. I am not happy at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by popdomi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Terrible product!
I literaly just used it, and I am so disappointed that I wanted to write a review right-way.
Yeah the foaming formula sounds cool, except that the foam was dripping all around, mixing the things was a hell of a mess and it took forever before actually I could see that color and developer were well mixed (instructions say don't shake.... yeah, I guess you gotta make your formulas a little more soluble then).
I couldn't see any color developing while I had it on, I waited 25 minutes as told, checked my grey hairs and nothing was happening (except itchy feeling, which is very weird, since I have never had issues like that, not even with far much more aggressive dyes)!!! so I left 10 more minutes, and then finally washed everything.

All my grey hairs stayed exactly the same they were at the beginning, not even a little shade of color (I was using dark brown)
Do they at least test these products before selling them?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by renneyg

I've used this twice now and really would not recommend it. My color choice was dark blonde 7. First time i left it on for the full 30 minutes and nearly fainted at how dark it was. It did fade to the color on the box and then continued to fade quite rapidly. The color was ok, a nice natural dark blonde but did get brassy the more it faded. Second time i left it on for 15 mins max, which was better color wise but then my focus switched onto how drying it was. Even with the conditioner my hair felt like straw. Ive now switched to L'oreal Sublime colour mousse which condition wise is comparatively amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not usually a fan of gimmicky products..I stick with what I am familiar with. But I was browsing around at Walgreens and this was on sale for 7.99 and I loved the color on the front..being that I couldn't find one quite like it on the usual pour on form I bought it..it says LESS MESS but i must be sloppy because its just as messy as other dyes. The mousse covers a lot of hair which was surprising and one did all of my long hair. The color pay off is very good, now I am just waiting to see what the fade time is on it...that will determine a repurchase but so far so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by xxnikki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in 6rr light intense auburn, its from the commercial with tina fey. This cost me about $10 and I only bought 1 box for my long wavy hair-for reference my longest layers hit my boobs and my shortest hit my collar bone, happy to say that 1 box did cover it all although I used every last bit of it. The pic on the box is much more of a brown color in my opinion and I was wondering if it would turn red at all, most of my hair was medium brown except my roots which were my natural dark brown color. I was happy to see that this dye actually penetrated my brown hair all the way to the ends but the roots are slightly more vibrant red than the rest but it doesn't look weird or anything. My only complaint would be that certain areas on my roots didn't take to the dye for some reason even though I know I soaked them. Specifically the hair right by my ears and the very crown of my head, it's not to bad right now because the color is such a reddish brown and my hair was brown before that it blends well but it's still annoying. The smell of this stuff is exactly what you'd expect when using permanent dye, hair feels fine after using conditioner. Now for the color- very hard to explain, if you've seen the commercial where they use this color it's pretty close to that girls hair, if not, it's not some intense red like the little mermaid, it's a nice auburn color, brown but somehow still most definitely red. As for the foam, I've never used a foam dye before and I think I liked it. At first I was nervous because unlike a cream it doesn't soak your hair the same way so I wasn't sure if I'd done certain areas yet or not but after I got half way done my head I could tell and I do feel like the foam may have gone a little farther than if it was just a cream. All in all I liked this color a lot, I was scared about doing red in my hair as I have pale skin with pink undertones but it looks really good without being crazy red and it brings out my green eyes. I would buy this product again.
EDIT: I bought a second box the next day to do touch ups, it still didnt take at the hair near my ears for some reason! I love this color red on my so much but it does fade pretty fast, although I've heard all red dyes fade faster than others so it's probably not just this brand

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by sherirobinjon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought and used this product today and i dont like it one bit. It seems to of covered my grays which is what i wanted and to darken my brown hair but why i dont like is it left my hair very dry. The conditioner it came with was terrible. I would of rather the color not of taken and left my hair not so dry

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by wish71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried This product twice because it is easy to use because it saturates hair easily. It smells better than most dyes. Unfortunately, the colour didn't take well at the roots so I ended up with a reverse ombré look that got worse with washing (using sulfate free shampoo).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by angell101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

was not impressed with this product. i used dark blonde to cover up some accidental over bleaching and have ended up with dark brown hair and i only left it on for 20 mins! its easy to use appart from slippery to try and pump. didnt lather on my hair like it said it sould. wasy to wash out and didnt smell too bad. would be an ok product if it came out the colour it was supposed to!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by SweetSurrender

I haven't dyed my hair in years and I have been wanting to lighten my hair a bit...nothing too drastic. I purchased Medium Golden Brown and the so far the results have been fantastic. The foaming action makes application so easy. I have medium-long length hair and the creme dyes usually take 45 minutes to an hour to apply. I would say I had my hair covered in about 10 minutes. Holding the bottle and trying to pump was a little hard as the bottle got slippery - not a big deal. Washing the product out was a cinch and I did not have any stains on my skin. My hair felt very coarse and dry before the conditioner but after the conditioner was applied and left on for 3 minutes my hair felt magically soft. The next day my hair still smells a little like dye but the condition of my hair has not really changed except it seems a bit shinier. The only gripe I have is that there didn't seem to be enough dye in the bottle. I applied the whole bottle to my hair and I worried that my ends were not completely covered. In the end, my hair was covered correctly but I would recommend more dye added to the bottles to be on the safe side. I would repurchase again but I will try another foaming product next time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Since this dye was on sale, thought I'd try taking a break from John Frieda. It wasn't worth it. The only thing the dye had going for it was that it smelled decent. The bottle style makes it hard to pump foam out, and the cheap gloves they give you don't help give you a good grip on the bottle. The foam was runny and messy: it travelled everywhere. It took forever to rinse out. The conditioner they included did nothing to soften or condition the hair: my hair actually felt worse than it did before. And the color isn't even close--I know the results are a combination of your natural hair color plus the dye, but this wasn't even in the ballpark.

Lesson learned: cheaper isn't always better. I'm going back to John Frieda.