April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by StephanieMarie1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall its okay. I've just ran out and don't think I will buy again.
Disadvantages:
1) Only stayed on a few hours. (With powder over)
2) The bottle didn't last long for the price.

Advantages:
1)Great for oily skin as makes skin look matte
2) Good consistency

It would be a great foundation if It lasted longer!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by calooza

I was sold by teh claims that it has oil control, and it's called stay matte, but don't be fooled by that as i did.

I have oily skin which is acne prone for reverence.

This has light coverage and no oil control at all, at least for oily skin types.

I think it will suit normal to dry skin types which want light coverage with a slightly matte finish, but confortable to wear.

It slides off my face within two hours. :-/

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

On my skin it is a disaster! Point! First of all it is not really easy to spread on the skin (sorry, I am spoiled by good foundations). Second of all it just melts of the oily parts of my face (in other words - major part of my face) in no time. Oil control? Are you kidding me??? By noon I am left with nothing but shiny oily foundation free face. Sorry, ladies, I think it's horrible. It might work better for someone with less oily skin but then again this product is meant for people with oily skin, isn't it? Shade 100 ivory is pretty good and looks quite natural on my pale face. It's light to medium coverage. Can't think of any other good things about it. It goes straight into the trash bin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had read the reviews here, but since I wanted an inexpensive foundation for my 'in-between' season (I've been outdoors a lot lately and have some color) before I get tan in the summer, I chose this. While I don't have any issues with it looking or turning orange (I've got it in shade 300, which was a tad lighter than I thought once home and not in-store), I do not like the coverage or application. It looks creamy when you squeeze it out of the tube, but it applies very watery....and it's almost sheer coverage. It's like using a tinted moisturizer. I never apply more than one layer of foundation (normally I use Revlon ColorStay oily/combo or Rimmel 24 hour) but with this I used two.
I didn't have any issues with streaking or unevenness but I just don't love this one. I don't think it's very clear on the packaging about the coverage and consistency, either.
One thing I DO like is the squeeze tube since it's hygienic and easy.

Edit: I added a lippie because I've come to like this product more when paired with my MUFE HD loose powder. Never oxidizes, and I have to admit, I've noticed my face stays matte for several hours and that's something I like. I still don't love the coverage, but I can work with it. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

terrible foundation.....
I was looking for a budget foundation and picked this up. I didnt notice how bad it was at first because I only did a few small swatches on my arm & it seemed ok.....then I took it home & gave it a test run...First up when I picked my colour in store it was a perfect match, too good to be true apparently. I applied it at home to my face & it seemed super oily and thin as I was applying,I did one coat (I NEVER usually do more then a coat of foundation) & it just looked like my face was oily and I had not applied anything. Seeing as it was quite thin & watery in consistency I decided I would give it another thin layer....once applied my face looked oily still, no coverage & any pores or wrinkles on my face became extremely apparent which usually does not happen. As it dried I slowly began to turn streaky & orange! I would not recommend this to anyone, yes it is cheap but it is horrible, if you are testing it in the drugstore please remember looks can be deceiving.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lizbethv

Do NOT recommend this to anyone, no matter the skin type. To consistency is too thick to blend and gives a shiny finish to the skin that is not at all pleasing. The shade I bought is too dark for me, but even during summer, when I get tanner, the shade is still strangely off. It actually makes me more sticky and oily than I already am. The packaging is not so bad, but still, will not buy this ever again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by korebangs318

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was quite impressed with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, so I thought why not try the Stay Matte Foundation also since I've always been looking for a matte and oil-free foundation for everyday use. So in a nutshell, I had really high hopes when buying this because I really loved the powder. Sadly, this foundation dissappointed me a lot. The consistency looks creamy and thick at first but when applied on, it felt watery and somehow wet on the skin which made the application very streaky and uneven. It has minimum to no coverage. The foundation only lasted for 1-2 hours on my skin and faded afterwards (although it claims to last up to 12 hours). When it comes to shine control, the finish was quite matte at first but like I said, after a few hours, my face would get oily again. And when the foundation oxidizes, my skin would look darker and kind of orange which is a total no-go for me. My face also looks very uneven and my pores somehow became more obvious. I tried using it in combination with the Stay Matte Powder and was totally surprised how the finish has changed. It was still a matte finish but the coverage was more on the medium side and overall, it looked flawless and I couldn't complain much about that but lasting power was about the same.

All in all, I woudn't repurchase this foundation. It was not pricey but for the quality, I think it's just a waste of money. Even if you use this along with its powder, I still think that it's way too unnecessary for all that trouble when you could also invest in any other foundation that can offer so much more.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by MissusH123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is Horrid!! It is sticky and a little greasy.. I actually don't use it because the first few times I have it wasn't a good experience. The whole point and the actual name of the foundation is "stay matte" which was so annoying because it didnt do that at all it gets really greasy and shiny quickly! Its a shame because the stay matte powder is amazing its the best pressed powder I have ever used! The foundation was such a let down and you have to use heaps of it to cover your full face so its also disappointing that a little does not go a long way for this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by EmmaSalvatore

I bought this foundation because I was looking for a matte foundation that lasts all day I brought the newer foundation as the person below and it is TERRIBLE
I BEG U NOT TO BUY THIS PRODUCT
It broke me out
It oxidises into an orange colour
It lasts 2 hours then starts fadimg
it's just so terrible
I hate it
And will NEVER be repurchasing this product ever !

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by EmmaBeautObsessed

Hands-down worst foundation i have ever tried. i bought the newer version of Rimmel Stay Matte foundation when i ran out of my beloved Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid. this bottle has a green banner on it and claims to contain kind to kin ingredients such as cotton and camomile, so i thought it was worth testing. the application wasn't great a it had quite a greasy texture one applied to the skin, and it oxidized to an orange tone, it was awful. the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation provided very little coverage, i was so disappointed with the results.
the only good points to this foundation was the packaing, the squeezy tube was easy to dispense the product and the nozzle was very hygenic.