July 25, 2014 | 984 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by amberclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my God, this is terrible. I have oily dehydrated skin and I wanted a full coverage foundation that kept the skin matte.... but this is more like tinted moisturiser (for reference, I pretty much hate all tinted moisturisers - I hate the feeling, finish and coverage they all seem to give). It gave 0 coverage - I tired applying it with my fingers, with a duo fibre brush, foundation brush - and it still gave me nothing. Its also not matte. Luckily this stuff is cheap. The only thing I like about this foundation is the packaging, I love the tube it is easy to get product out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Lalasmooch

I have fair skin that's prone to breakouts and redness, but isn't oily or dry. I need a fuller coverage to hide my blemishes and usually don't go for liquid foundations, but low on money and tricked by the 'matte' title I gave it a go. I didn't find this foundation to have a matte feel at all, if anything it was sloppy and made my skin oily - something that rarely happens to me. It didn't have the coverage to hide my breakout spots and lasted only a few hours. Just to top it off I would also break out the day after use, despite cleaning it off religiously. Safe to say I won't be going near this one again, but if you have pretty good skin and your just looki for a light cover this way work for you. Make sure you aren't prone to oiliness though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by JePet

One of the best DS foundations I've ever tried. It does make my oily T-zone matt and it stays so for hours. It does not work well with Guerlain meteriorites pearl primer but it does so with Too Face one. Shades are not a perfect match for my very fair skin but I mix two lightest shades and get the one I want.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Upon finding out rimmel test on animals its altered my score. I quite like this foundation, it keeps my skin really matte but i always powder over it anyway, the only problem for me were the shades i have 101 and 103 and both are quite orangey. You have to work with the product fast as it dries quite quickly but i always use a brush anyway so its never a problem for me, i probably wouldnt purchase this again as its not the most amazing matte foundation ive ever bought.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by StephanieMarie1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall its okay. I've just ran out and don't think I will buy again.
Disadvantages:
1) Only stayed on a few hours. (With powder over)
2) The bottle didn't last long for the price.

Advantages:
1)Great for oily skin as makes skin look matte
2) Good consistency

It would be a great foundation if It lasted longer!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by calooza

I was sold by teh claims that it has oil control, and it's called stay matte, but don't be fooled by that as i did.

I have oily skin which is acne prone for reverence.

This has light coverage and no oil control at all, at least for oily skin types.

I think it will suit normal to dry skin types which want light coverage with a slightly matte finish, but confortable to wear.

It slides off my face within two hours. :-/

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

On my skin it is a disaster! Point! First of all it is not really easy to spread on the skin (sorry, I am spoiled by good foundations). Second of all it just melts of the oily parts of my face (in other words - major part of my face) in no time. Oil control? Are you kidding me??? By noon I am left with nothing but shiny oily foundation free face. Sorry, ladies, I think it's horrible. It might work better for someone with less oily skin but then again this product is meant for people with oily skin, isn't it? Shade 100 ivory is pretty good and looks quite natural on my pale face. It's light to medium coverage. Can't think of any other good things about it. It goes straight into the trash bin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had read the reviews here, but since I wanted an inexpensive foundation for my 'in-between' season (I've been outdoors a lot lately and have some color) before I get tan in the summer, I chose this. While I don't have any issues with it looking or turning orange (I've got it in shade 300, which was a tad lighter than I thought once home and not in-store), I do not like the coverage or application. It looks creamy when you squeeze it out of the tube, but it applies very watery....and it's almost sheer coverage. It's like using a tinted moisturizer. I never apply more than one layer of foundation (normally I use Revlon ColorStay oily/combo or Rimmel 24 hour) but with this I used two.
I didn't have any issues with streaking or unevenness but I just don't love this one. I don't think it's very clear on the packaging about the coverage and consistency, either.
One thing I DO like is the squeeze tube since it's hygienic and easy.

Edit: I added a lippie because I've come to like this product more when paired with my MUFE HD loose powder. Never oxidizes, and I have to admit, I've noticed my face stays matte for several hours and that's something I like. I still don't love the coverage, but I can work with it. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

terrible foundation.....
I was looking for a budget foundation and picked this up. I didnt notice how bad it was at first because I only did a few small swatches on my arm & it seemed ok.....then I took it home & gave it a test run...First up when I picked my colour in store it was a perfect match, too good to be true apparently. I applied it at home to my face & it seemed super oily and thin as I was applying,I did one coat (I NEVER usually do more then a coat of foundation) & it just looked like my face was oily and I had not applied anything. Seeing as it was quite thin & watery in consistency I decided I would give it another thin layer....once applied my face looked oily still, no coverage & any pores or wrinkles on my face became extremely apparent which usually does not happen. As it dried I slowly began to turn streaky & orange! I would not recommend this to anyone, yes it is cheap but it is horrible, if you are testing it in the drugstore please remember looks can be deceiving.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lizbethv

Do NOT recommend this to anyone, no matter the skin type. To consistency is too thick to blend and gives a shiny finish to the skin that is not at all pleasing. The shade I bought is too dark for me, but even during summer, when I get tanner, the shade is still strangely off. It actually makes me more sticky and oily than I already am. The packaging is not so bad, but still, will not buy this ever again.