April 16, 2014 | 906 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Vital BB Cream SPF50++ Hot Orange Label

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by gnumzii

The only reason why I would not repurchase this item is because I have dry skin. I feel this product will work best for those with oily skin. I'm sure it says that somewhere on the label, but I only bought it because it was orange and had a high spf. I did like it for during the summer. During the cold, not so much. I felt that it embraced my dry forehead and nose. It did not moisturize and I did not notice anything with my face brightening/whitening up.

Pros; ^-^ its orange!, high spf!, good price! and great for oily skin or combo?
Cons; does not moisturize, and did not work well with my dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference, I'm nc25 with warm, yellow undertones and I have oily skin!

The only other bb cream I've tried is the skin79 gold label, and I hated that. (It was too gray and dewy). Did some research online and read that this orange label was catered more towards people with oily skin and it has more of a matte finish. Soooo true!!!

Crappy thing is that this comes in one shade and luckily, this is about a shade lighter than me, but I make it work with bronzer. I apply with my fingers and this bb cream sets pretty quick, but I apply matte powder over it anyways.

Lasting power is pretty alright. I've never worn it more than 8 hours but its pretty good. I only have to blot maybe twice within those 8 hours. Has a floral/perfume scent but not strong or overpowering that it bugs me.

This is my go to foundation during the day or if I'm just doing errands/lunch. Def would repurchase.

FYI, I purchased this on eBay through rubyruby76 for about $15?

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by gee1ny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall i like this bb cream. It has medium to full coverage which i like. Its a good on the go base makeup since it has SPF already. It has a slight scent like baby wipes but it goes away over time. Only downside is that it is tad bit light for my NC20 skintone and it only comes in one shade which is the only reason why I wouldnt repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Do8666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've tried this and the hot pink label. I am NW15 with oily/combination skin. This orange label cream seems to have more yellow tones in it than the pink label. With the orange label, I have to use a much lighter setting powder than usual because the orange BB cream is a little darker than my liking. The pink label seems to match my skin tone much better. When using a setting powder with the orange label, I can apply the powder right away. When using the pink, I have to wait 5 minutes. The setting powder is not necessary, but I find that it adds extra coverage, and also allows either cream to last longer throughout the day. (8 hrs +)

The orange label has a stronger scent, and does not apply as smoothly, it also leaves my face feeling a little sticky. The orange label has a higher SPF than the pink label. Like the pink label, it is easy to tell how much product is left, you just need to pull up on the inner container. The product lasts a long time, however, you need to be careful when you push down on the pump, if you press all of the way, too much product will come out. The pink label seems to be more controlled and will allow you to only pump out the needed amount per each pump.

Over all, I prefer the pink label more. But I keep the orange one for a backup for days when I need more SPF, or a darker coverage.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by soella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I LOVE this BB cream. I have FINALLY found my HG makeup base. Will be purchasing this until I find something better, which I doubt will come along for a long, long time.

Pros
+ Medium - full coverage
+ SPF UVA/UVB 50+
+ Doesn't create a white cast in photos
+ Doesn't clog pores
+ Dewy finish yet not oily
+ Doesn't cause irritation to they eyes/skin
+ soothing on skin
+ Packaging is amazing - when you're running low you can actually open the interior to scoop out the remaining cream. I find a lot of packaging for foundations waste product through terrible packaging.
+ Relatively cheap if purchased through Ebay
+ Lasted ages, despite using it so often. I had my first bottle for around 5 months and used it a few times a week.

Cons
- Colour selection - this BB cream is really for people with yellow undertones who are somewhere within NC15 - NC25

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by pdu2503

Not bad but the scent bothers me. Having tried a dozen different ones I settled on BRTC jasmine waters for daily wear and nature republic waterproof collagen bb cream for days when I expect to be outside and sweating.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by nocturnem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: This BB Cream is a bit too dark for my skintone now, NC05. I've been mixing this one 2:1 with Face Atelier Zero Minus white foundation to get a good match, but I currently use the Skin79 Green Super Plus BB Cream instead and I love it!

Holy Grail product!

This is the *only* foundation I have found to date that matches my very very fair skin with yellow-neutral undertones (about NC10). I've tried various foundations from Western brands, but they either didn't match me or last long enough on the oiliest parts of my face. I didn't have any luck with Korean BB Creams either, Missha Perfect Cover in #13 was too grey and pink, Etude House Precious Minerals in #1 too pink, and the rest I tried were just orange on me. I think this BB Cream would also adjust well on NC15 and perhaps NC20 skin, but it'd probably be too fair for darker skintones.

The texture is creamy and quite thick, and it makes it easy to apply and blend using one's fingers. The coverage is about medium to full depending on how much product you use, and it won't look cakey. It doesn't emphasize pores or flakey skin, and gives a very pretty airbrushed look without looking overdone. I have combination skin with an oilier t-zone, and it lasts well over 10 hours on me with a primer and finishing powder (I haven't tried it without one). I feel the oil control is pretty good as my face would still look matte even after sweating horribly in the steamy New York subway during Summer! Other products would give me a shiny nose or forehead using the same primer and powder.

I got it on eBay for a little over $11 with shipping, which I believe is a right price for the amount it contains (40gr). You only have to use a little bit for the whole face so it will last for quite a few months.

All in all, super recommended product for those with very fair skin and warm undertones!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

This particular Vital BB claims to have a matte finish, so I obtained it to test it against my oily, summer skin conditions. The cream dispenses via a squeeze pump, and because this has medium to full coverage, it should be applied sparingly to avoid the mask-like effect.

However, this negates the effectiveness of its very high SPF; to avoid the mask-like effect and still protect your entire face, I recommend wearing a separate clear sunscreen underneath first.

If you have very fair, neutral- or yellow-toned skin, this should be a good match as it only comes in a single, yellow-toned shade that will not work for cool undertones or medium to deep skin tones. I have light-medium skintone, so while the yellow undertones were perfect for me, this was actually too light for me, as I've had to mix it with darker BBs or foundations to match my skin tone.

This BB applies semi-matte and dries to a matte finish with little oxidation. I tested this in 100F+ humid summer weather and found myself blotting oil already after only 2 hours of wear, so this does not stay matte for long and isn't very effective at controlling oil if the climate is extreme. But in 80F90F its mattifying effects last a little longer, where I've blotted only once after around 4 hours of wear.

Over all, the coverage or staying power of this BB has lasted me around 7 hours in the summer. I have not tested this for winter wear. Also, because this has a matte finish intended to keep the skin dry, I'm not so sure that I recommend it for dry skin types, for which it may accentuate dry patches. This is probably best for normal to combo-oily skin types year-round, but it can't hurt for those with very oily skin to try this during the winter when their skin won't be as oily but still needs a matte finish.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Laski

Im really sorry to say, that even though I have a fair to medium complexion, this is waaaaay to ligt for me, and also doesnt considerably darken afgter applied. I look like I have a mask on, even with blending a lot. So, just not wearable for me. The reason why I give it two lippies instead of one: I like a lot that its packaged in a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by curtainshrew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought a sample of this BB cream after reading good reviews. I am so glad I did!

I'll start by saying that my skin is a pain to buy make up for! I am really pale and have a very oily T Zone! It is very hard to find make up that doesn't make me look orange and that doesn't come off after an hour!

This BB cream was amazing!

The texture is quite light and it applied really easily and smoothly. It also provided excellent coverage and left my skin looking great. It looked a little grey on first application but it soon changed to match my skin tone. It matched really well!

I have had it on for around 4/5 hours now and there isn't even the first signs of oil! It has had the best oil resistance of all the ones that I have tired!

To sum up...

Pros...
* Coverage is great!
* Matches pale skin
* Withstands oily skin
* Does not smell
* Easy to apply texture

Cons...
* Won't work on medium to dark skin!
* Creases a little under my eyes, but I find they all do this! (Maybe I'm applying it wrong?)

I am now going to go buy a full bottle of this BB cream! ^^