Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter - Raspberry Pie

4.1

on 7/6/2012 10:35:00 AM

Personally the only reason why I wouldn't buy this colour again is probably because it's not a colour I'd usually wear.. Otherwise I would buy this again..

The consistency of this product is amazing, it's such a creamy colour.. very pigmented aswell.. not a natural shade for a pale person.. I will have to try applying this with a lip brush to see if I could get a very refined lip shape.. Can't wait to try other colours ! x

on 5/24/2012 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Amazing color. This is probably the most pigmented of the Revlon Lip Butters. One swipe and it's almost opaque. Raspberry pie is a deep fuchsia that leans toward the cool side. Like all the lip butters, it's creamy and moisturizing. I find that it has pretty decent staying power and even when it does fade, it leaves a nice stain. I never have to worry about my lips becoming chapped when I wear the lip butters. I really like this color for those days when I want to wear a bright color on my lips.

on 5/21/2012 8:28:00 PM

I bought this color (raspberry pie) and cotton candy. Raspberry pie is pretty good, I really like the color, sort of a deepish purpley-pink. Its pretty cool man. But I dont think it looks that good on me, I feel like raspberry pie is a hard to pull of color. Personally it just emphasized my big ol' mouth. But the color is awesome and the texture is super smooth, didn't leave my lips dry or anything!! I want more colors!!

on 5/16/2012 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Pros:
-Good price $6
-Color comes out well
-Moisturizes

on 4/30/2012 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Since I'm the most indecisive person ever I literally stood in front of the selection of these lip butters trying to decide which one to get for a good ten minutes before settling on Raspberry Pie. I'm so glad that it's the color I picked! It's a fuschia-like, deeper color that I can actually get away with layering on my lips without looking like a clown. Also, I love that it keeps my lips moisturized like a balm while having the pigmentation of lipstick. Like someone else mentioned I cannot STAND the packaging. It is way too easy to smear it all around the top of the silver tube, especially if you don't like twisting your lipsticks up too high to use them (I hate it). It also wears off kinda quick; people who wish this color wasn't so bold would be happy about it since it gets much lighter. Still though, I definitely want to rebuy this as well as try out some other shades (I want to get more into neutral shades but with a warm skin tone I'm not sure how it would look).

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i'm rating this full marks, but i would not buy this shade again. Raspberry Pie is a darkish fuchsia. i bought this dreaming of a fuchsia, just bitten stain - which i CAN achieve with this when i apply it really lightly, but then it's just drying because it's not applied enough to moisturise (a previous reviewer mentioned this too). so then i may as well have just bought a lipstick. when i apply this heavily, it feels amazing on my lips - SO moisturising. but then the colour is not at all wearable for me personally (i like heavy eye make-up).
i rated the packaging down because it smears and gets damaged easily. unless you wind it up loads, it smears all over the silver tube when you apply it.
lastly, i really dislike scentless lip products. i know some people like that, but it's a big turn off for me. i wore this all day yesterday (sheer with lip balm) and then when i used one of my MAC lipsticks today i was so pleasantly struck by the baked vanilla scent. also because these butters have such yummy foodie names, it's so misleading that they smell of nothing? maybe that's just me, but i wish they smelt like their names!
overall, these definitely are unique in my opinion but you must find a colour that you are confident to slap on generously on to bare lips!

What a gorgeous color! I have recently been obsessed with the whole tinted lip balm craze, and this may be my favorite of them all. Raspberry Pie is a deep, reddish color. I would say it is even sort of a dark fuschia. I have very fair skin and I think it complements my tone a lot. The only bad thing about it is that it is not super moisturizing unless I apply a lot of it. And for everyday wear....well, I don't want to apply a lot because I don't want the really bold look it gives everyday. I have noticed, however, that even though it doesn't moisturize too much, it doesn't dry my lips out either, which is a huge plus. It also doesn't leave any type of nasty residue on my lips like some other lip products tend to do. It just leaves a very nice raspberry stain on my lips. It is a very flattering color and I love it because it doesn't have any sort of sparkle.
I would describe the finish like a matte lip balm. This does not tend to look very glossy on my lips. I would recommend it!

on 3/28/2012 3:52:00 PM

One of my favorites of the Lip Butter colors!
For reference I have fair skin (second to lightest usually), reddish brown hair, brown eyes, pigmented lips (so I usually like the darker lip colors - I like Red Velvet and Fig as well)...

This color is a sheer darkish bright pink, almost fuschia. Pinks sometimes don't look right on me - I usually like warmer toned makeup - but this one looks pretty good because it is dark enough (I hate pale lip colors on my pigmented lips).

on 3/24/2012 11:51:00 PM

I absolutely adore these! Raspberry pie is my one and only lip butter. (Yes I would like some more eventually.) I was so attracted to the smooth look of the product. Lovely packaging :). Honestly, the consistency is marvelous, so smooth and clean, and a slight transparent touch? Really awesome.

on 3/24/2012 2:20:00 PM

This is a great berry shade - not too much though like Lollipop could be for some people. My 75 mom rocks this shade, and I like it on me too for a bit of pop but not anything too far out.

I do love all the Revlon lip butters for my older lips.
They are moisturizing for me, don't feel like I am wearing lipstick (don't feel heavy). Biggest down side is frequent reapplication - lousy weartime, but
i am okay with that,