April 24, 2014 | 1427 users online

BB Cream - Marcelle - BB Cream Beauty Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by kaelamck

Love it! Makes my skin look really nice and even. My suggestion to a new user: exfoliate your skin a couple times a week if you're using the product, I find it clogs my pores a little bit and also it makes your skin glow nicely after a good exfoliation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Having oily and acne prone skin, I'm quite impressed with this BB Cream. When I wear foundation I look for something that covers blemishes (and doesn't look obvious), doesn't make my face oily and feels like I'm not wearing anything. The Marcelle BB Cream does all three. I liked this much better than the Garnier which felt heavy and made my face oily. I'd def purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I have never encounter a product that emphasize my facial hair so much that turns them all light in color. And i have tried to use this under different weather but each time it leaves my face extremely greasy after 3/4 hours. So it's a fail for me....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I decided to jump on the BB wagon and was suggested this product from a SDM cosmetician. I choose the medium-dark color since I self tan. The color of this product is neutral in my opinion. No obvious strong pink or strong yellow tones. I decided to wait a month before reviewing this product. It has a bit more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. I have sensitive skin with broken capillaries on my cheeks. This product does not have a smell and does not irritate my skin. It covers some of my redness.. However, I still need to use a concealer on the odd areas. My t-zone is slightly oily so yes I do need to powder those areas. Overall I'm happy with this product and would repurchase. The price of the product is great. Around $18.00-$20.00 Canadian before taxes. Sometimes it goes on sale at SDM.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by kerrybabyxx

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I choose the med/dark for my medium skin tone.It gives me a bit of color and looks so soft and natural.Its a bit dewy so I lightly powdered in the T-Zone.This suited my yellow undertones and i like the unmade up look so this suits me fine.I will use this when I need less coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Of the 3 BB Creams I've tried so far (Garnier, Maybelline + this one), this one is by far the best. Please note I have very oily, acne prone skin. The Garnier one left my skin looking like an oil field within 20 mins and the Maybelline one, although I loved the feel and consistency of it, broke me out. This one is kindof like a tinted moisturizer but doesn't look overly oily when set. The light shade matches my skin pretty well right now but not sure if it will still when my slight tan dissapears. Would recommend above the other two for oily skinned girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Makeuppower

I really like this BB cream. Recently a clerk at Shopper's asked me if I wanted the SPF version, since Marcelle has indeed made one, but I actually said no because SPF always breaks me out. I use sesame seed oil as a low but effective SPF, and make sure to put on a hat after a while in the sun.

I've been using their original non SPF version for two months now, and it's really nice. It goes on smoothly, never looks dry or cakey, and blends easily. It lasts a long time; at the end of a long day it's held up pretty well, although I wouldn't say it's a 16-18 hour makeup. If I were to go out again at night, I'd spritz my face and touch it up again. It lasts a good 10 hours, however. It's actually about a medium coverage, and in my opinion, better than a tinted moisturizer. It feels light and blendable, has a dewiness like a tinted moisturizer yet it's more like a "go to" foundation for everyday.

Some reviewers say it's not enough coverage for them for work. I wear it to work all the time along with my concealer on the T zone, and powder. If I were going to a big event, I'd like to try Marcelle Cream to Powder along with it to see how that holds up. Marcelle seems a great company for people prone to acne, and I like how their stuff has made me confident that I'm not going to break out or feel itchy and uncomfortable wearing it. The only reason I took off a lippie is because I'd like a makeup to last me 24 hours and still look as good as newly applied, but I mean, c'mon!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by patricia257

Ok so as a korean, ive tried alot of different bb cream products. and so far this has been my favorite. however there r pros and cons. To start off, this bb cream is the only bb cream that i used thats close to my skin tone. alot of the korean brands r either too light or too grey for my liking...i also think that it has a pretty good coverage. you need to know that bb creams are not meant for u if u hav clearly visible acne. bb creams r suppose to give u that natural looking glow so it works best if u hav minimal blemishes. My skin does get a lil oily n shiny so i need to set this with powder.....i also dont like how theres no spf in this product. however, overall, its a good product. didnt break me out so so pretty happy bout that :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by mikaoya

I think this is the closest to a HG foundation so far for me. I'v tried tons. So far this one hasn't break me out even if i wear it for over 12 hours. Staying power is good. I do get oily as the day goes on but it does stay on. It has no known cancerous ingredients.

The coverage is in between light and medium. It covers some redness and veins and such, but not pimple scars. I love the feel. Very light and clean.

No crazy scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by sinthuja19

I was at SDM and I was debating on which brand of BB creams to buy. I was going to purchase the Garnier brand since it was cheaper but the cosmetician suggested that I purchase the Marcelle kind since it is non-comedegenic and makes your skin less oily then the Garnier. She tested it out on my skin and I purchased the medium to dark shade. When I first put it on, it looks light but after it gets blended into my skin, my skin looks much better. The only think I hate about this product is the nasty smell. If it wasn't for the smell and if it had SPF in it I would definitely repurchase this again.