December 19, 2014 | 1015 users online

Styling Products - Not Your Mother's - Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by alex516

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Didn't work for me and made my hair feel too dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by xkylielovesyoux

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Before i purchase any product, i look it up on here. I looked this up, and saw it had a good review. I have naturally wavey beachy hair, i just thought i would get this to add more wave and texture. Overall, its a good product. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I am a volumizing/texturizing hair product hoarder. My hair is stick straight and holds a curl, and isn't exactly limp. It's just a little thinned out and tends to stick to the sides of my head weirdly. I love that beach babe vibe and use this when my hair is damp, to bring out a little texture and fluff. I also use this after curling my hair. To be honest, the fluff doesn't last that long on my hair and only looks good after my hair is wavy. However, it smells like lovely coconut...yum...

I really like it, but I don't love it. I like the spray packaging and how it can lock up for travel. It gives my hair a little more leave, if that makes sense. I use this with dry shampoo on my roots to prolong my in between shampoos time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Penny7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've only used this a few times, and so far I really like it. It makes my hair wavy, but doesn't make it feel crusty like some other sprays I've tried. It barely feels like I have anything in my hair. So far, it hasn't dried my hair out. It comes out in a very fine mist, which makes it easy to use. It also smells like coconuts, which I like.

I use this by spraying it all over my damp hair, then dividing my hair into two sections and twisting it until its almost completely dry. When I shake my hair out, I have nice, beachy curls. My only complaint is that after about five hours or so, the curls start to fall a little. It still looks good, like loose waves, but I wish the curls it gives me would last longer. Overall, great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Only used this product once but so far I really like it. Definitely smells like the beach and gives me the beach waves I was looking for. Will be replacing my aussie scrunch spray which I always loved in some ways but it makes my hair super hard and smells kind of strange. Will be trying this out again soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

This was a "meh" product for me... Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. But when it did, it made my thin/dry hair even dryer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Marianaithink

You want effortles beachy waves? This stuff is the best! Smells so good and works great! Also it is cery cheap i think and the bottleing is so cute! It does give a lot of texture and leaves my hair feeling kind of dry during the day but thats because of the salt. Other than that Im in love with this its perfect for summer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Kbaker87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. After I shower I wrap my hair in a towel and leave it for about 20 minutes while I get ready. Then I spray my hair with some conditioning spray and brush it out. I scrunch my hair and then spray with the sea salt and scrunch again and my hair looks super wavy and accentuates the natural wavyness I already have. If I feel like its not wavy enough ill wait til my hair is just about dry and give it a quick spray and gives me a little more wavy and volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by corabain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This spray does what promised - gives you textured, beachy waves. Works on dry or damp hair, but not so much when hair is very wet. Very lights, so doesn't weigh hair down, and you can use other products along with. I use Not Your Mother's "She's A Tease" hairspray.
Also, it smells delicious, very tropical/coconutty!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Wifetylifety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in a travel/sample size box from Influenster and fell in love with it. It smells like the beach (and tastes like it, when I've accidentally inhaled some of it - oops!). It helps separate my naturally wavy hair nicely. The reason I only gave it a 3/5 is because it isn't condition, which makes sense because of the sea salt, but I wish it conditioned it more. My hair always felt a little dry, even though it looked nice. I'm just a sticker for my hair looking AND feeling nice. I heard they've since come out with a cream one and I'll definitely have to try it out.