September 30, 2014 | 1354 users online

Styling Products - Not Your Mother's - Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Only used this product once but so far I really like it. Definitely smells like the beach and gives me the beach waves I was looking for. Will be replacing my aussie scrunch spray which I always loved in some ways but it makes my hair super hard and smells kind of strange. Will be trying this out again soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

This was a "meh" product for me... Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. But when it did, it made my thin/dry hair even dryer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Marianaithink

You want effortles beachy waves? This stuff is the best! Smells so good and works great! Also it is cery cheap i think and the bottleing is so cute! It does give a lot of texture and leaves my hair feeling kind of dry during the day but thats because of the salt. Other than that Im in love with this its perfect for summer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Kbaker87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. After I shower I wrap my hair in a towel and leave it for about 20 minutes while I get ready. Then I spray my hair with some conditioning spray and brush it out. I scrunch my hair and then spray with the sea salt and scrunch again and my hair looks super wavy and accentuates the natural wavyness I already have. If I feel like its not wavy enough ill wait til my hair is just about dry and give it a quick spray and gives me a little more wavy and volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by corabain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This spray does what promised - gives you textured, beachy waves. Works on dry or damp hair, but not so much when hair is very wet. Very lights, so doesn't weigh hair down, and you can use other products along with. I use Not Your Mother's "She's A Tease" hairspray.
Also, it smells delicious, very tropical/coconutty!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Wifetylifety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in a travel/sample size box from Influenster and fell in love with it. It smells like the beach (and tastes like it, when I've accidentally inhaled some of it - oops!). It helps separate my naturally wavy hair nicely. The reason I only gave it a 3/5 is because it isn't condition, which makes sense because of the sea salt, but I wish it conditioned it more. My hair always felt a little dry, even though it looked nice. I'm just a sticker for my hair looking AND feeling nice. I heard they've since come out with a cream one and I'll definitely have to try it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Tat7386

I really like this spray and for the price it can't be beat! I have semi thick hair with a wave in it..so I need to put product in it after the shower so it doesn't get frizzy. I just towel dry my hair and spray this product throught my hair and crunch it a bit which helps make it a bit more wavy. I love that it doesn't make my hair scrunchy or wet looking...it just helps hold a nice wavy trexture and keeps it from being frizzy. It is a bit drying so a leave in conditioner would work well as others have mentioned. I like this spray and I guess it just depends on the type of hair you have.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by kyliechester

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff, so I guess you could say I like it. I have naturally slightly wavy hair, and I like to wear it sort of carefree and looking like I didn't try too hard, like that "model off duty" hair plastered all over fashion magazines. This product is the only thing that gets me close to that. After I get out of the shower, I spritz my hair all over with leave-in conditioner, maybe spread a little Organix Penetrating Argan OIl if my hair is feeling really dry or I want it to really shine, and then comb with a wide tooth comb, part, and do my makeup while my hair air dries a little. Then, I roughly blow dry my hair, mostly focusing on the front face-framing pieces and getting any excess moisture out. I then spray the beach spray liberally and lightly scrunch. Then I scrunch in Organix Surf Paste and Tresseme Tres Two Ultra Fine Mist Hairspray and call it a day. My hair looks carefree, beachy, and gorgeous all day and even the next day (I don't like to shampoo everyday). Highly recommend!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by raplafch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff, but don't expect it to be a miracle product if you have straight hair. I have thick wavy/curly hair that's a little more on the wavy side because the length weighs it down. I use it with a leave in conditioner, in my experience any leave in will do. Put the leave in conditioner in, comb and part with a wide tooth comb, and then spray this stuff liberally all over. I flip my hair upside down and spray the under side and then scrunch. Works great air dried and blow dried with a diffuser. If I let it air dry when it's mostly dry I will flip my hair over an shake it out with my fingers and it is gorgeous. Haven't found anything that works better.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by smdunn91

It didn't work. I already have wavy hair, and I thought this would accentuate the waves. Instead, it just coated my hair in gunk and didn't even make it wavier. Them smell is nice but that's pretty much the only thing I like about it.