April 16, 2014 | 1905 users online

Styling Products - Not Your Mother's - Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Total crap product for me. This did NOTHING WHATSOEVER. I literally doused my hair with product, assuming that more would be better. nope. Felt like I was just putting water on my hair. I tried this for about a week and then dumped all the product out and kept the bottle. The bottle is great for storing/dispensing home-made brush spray. ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by scrowley2328

I HATE HATE HATE this stuff. Have I mentioned I hate this stuff? Ok so a little about my hair - stick straight, will wave if I put it in a bun when its damp or a braid... very long. a little above my butt. I had high hopes for this product to give my hair a little wave after a shower but instead it made my hair crunchy and feeling hard. It wasn't that this product didn't work, I'd say I was just more against how it made my hair feel. I could not put my finger through it or comb it. I guess it kind of was like being at the beach after getting out of the ocean.......

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great basic sea salt spray. I have long, thick hair with some wave to it. I've had this for a VERY long time because you only need a bit to achieve a tousled look. Oh it also smells like a beach in heaven. I'm mostly writing this review because I've seen this product at Urban Outfitters for around $9. I think I paid $5-6 at Walmart. Don't waste money, honey.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a good texturizing spray for my hair since it has gotten longer and since my Sunsilk one had been discontinued (way back when, lol). This is what I picked up, I'm a sucker for packaging and this one is a larger bottle and for the price, it rocks. The spritzer is perfect, not too heavy or light. It is full of salt so it does dry out the hair like ocean water would and it does texturize like a dream. I use this normally after the shower if I don't plan on blow-drying, curling, or straightening. I have normal to dry board-stiff hair that doesn't like to do too much of anything and this stuff kinks it up a little bit in a pretty, "care-free" way. The only thing I'm not fond of is the dryness I get but that's expected. I wouldn't use this with too much else, as it does leave a film on the hair. But otherwise, it's pretty much touch-and-go. I love this stuff. I found it at Walgreens for around $6, if I remember correctly. Adore it. And probably will repurchase when I run out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by bisco

I love this, but I recommend using a leave in conditioner with it, or some serum/oil. My hair does get filmy with this if I over do it, so it's best to be cheap with the amount you use. How I use this, is I spray and do a few scrunches, let it air dry for a good while, until it's dry. Braid my bangs, and curl a few areas with my 1/2 curling iron. When I used this the 2nd time, I did too much spray and agree it can make your hair feel dry. I also don't recommend using a blow dryer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this if used right this really makes the hair have a great wave to it. I spray it into damp hair then use a diffuser to dry my hair and I style as I dry it does not leave the hair crunchy or weird feeling I use this on day two hair bye it's self then I use it with dry shampoo day three and sometimes I will use it on day four hair but that's only if I leave it down. I am on my second bottle of it and I am still loving it I am still debating if I want to try the bumble and bumble one or just stick with this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by blackhound

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is certainly not for my hair.

I have fine, wavy hair which is quite long so I don't wash it every day. I thought this might be a good idea to refresh the wave in my hair on non-shampoo days. It had the opposite effect. It actually made my hair straight and super dry. God bless whoever's hair this works for, but it sure wasn't mine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Maybe this is a case of you get what you pay for... The price was certainly cheap enough at Walmart for a big spray bottle that probably gives you twice as much product as Bumble & Bumble. But that's where the positives end - it did nothing for my hair which already has some natural wave to it. It just felt like I sprayed some water on my locks and that was about it... not anywhere near what my hair looks like after a day on the beach - no volume, no texture - no results...period. It was worth a shot, but would never buy another bottle of this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by scarletwoundsmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff!! I have stick straight hair, and I can spray this in my dry (or even towel dried) hair and get pretty waves. waves!! from straight hair!!! you can't imagine the excitement... my hair does not hold a curl very well otherwise, so getting these sexy waves is wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by apkr42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product! I have naturally wavy hair, but sometimes it falls flat in the back. This spray helps add some volume to it, but not a whole lot. Mostly, it helps my waves become more shapely. Even though this product is intended to be used by itself, I use hair gel too. I spray it into my wet hair (do NOT brush it! This will break up the waves!) and scrunch my hair to help distribute it. After letting it set for a few minutes, I put a little bit of gel in my hair. (I just use La Bella Lots of Curls, it's like $3). I have found using these two products together gives me perfect, beachy, voluminous hair!
It does make your hair feel a little dry, but it's salt water, that's unavoidable. It smells really nice, and the packaging is cute and makes it easy to use. As long as you used a conditioner, there shouldn't be any problems!