Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Color Care Shampoo

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Dimethiconol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, TEA Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG 45M, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Keratin, PPG 9, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

on 4/13/2012 2:57:00 PM

i love this! when i got it i was kinda nervous but its so great! i have long hair thats bleached, so it can get rough and tangled. this shampoo made it soo smooth when i blow dried it today for work. ill be buying this from now on,and cant beat the price!

on 4/8/2012 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm just gonna go ahead and add more praise to this product.
Price: Probably one of the more expensive items in Suave's hair care lines collectively, but four dollars isn't much- at all- in the grand scheme of things. Especially considering the absurdly good quality of this shampoo, the price is unbeatable.
Packaging: I actually like it! It's simple and functional. The curved shape is ergonomic and feels great in the hand, and the surface of the bottle isn't too slippery. The cap is a breeze to open as well, and doesn't feel as if it's gonna snap off in the when it's openend. The bottle's gold color is okay; I wish it were a bit more toned-down, but that's just me being a finicky visual person. Other than that, I think the packaging is pretty unisex- it doesn't have a girly look to it, so it's more accessible.
Consistency: This shampoo is delightfully buttery and a tad thick without being a pain to lather and spread throughout my ungodly amount of hair. It's also a pretty pale gold color. However, it has an odd glimmery effect to it, which may be the mica in the ingredients list. I guess that's for adding shine or something.
Scent: So. Damn. Manly. As soon as you squeeze shampoo from the bottle, it exudes a potent, cologne-esque fragrance that's hard to love and hard to hate. In other words, it's not a terrible smell, but it's rather strong and it lingers aaaaalll day. I've used this shampoo several times, so I'm used to it by now, even to the point of liking it. I guess it just takes some time to get used to.
Ingredients: Yes, yes... sulfates... boo... But whudder ya gonna do. This shampoo doesn't have anything natural about it. It has silicones, and keratin, but despite of what it's made, it just WORKS.
Oh, here's the list:
Performance: Lathering and working this through my hair is a breeze. It cleanses well, but doesn't contribute to tangles. It moisturizes wonderfully for a shampoo, and my hair always feels more smooth after rinsing. Conditioner detangles with much more ease, and my hair looks and feels much more healthy and smooth (tamed frizz! Woo!), not to mention fuller and shinier.
Overall: I can't get over how amazing this shampoo is. It has its downfalls- sulfates and a ridiculously strong fragrance- but it makes up for them with its awesome performance. I'll be repurchasing this stuff unless Suave... *shudder*... reformulates it, and they'll rue the day they do, since they'd be getting massive amounts of hate mail from me. ^^

on 4/5/2012 7:25:00 PM

I havent used Suave in years because I felt like it was just very cheap quality and that it didnt do anything with my hair. So I saw this at the store a few days ago and really liked the smell so I decide to give it a try. I have noticed a BIG difference in my hair with just one use! My hair isnt frizzy and poofy like it usually is and I have received soo many compliments on how great my hair smells! I will be re-purchasing!

on 4/5/2012 11:16:00 AM

My hair becomes frizzy when I get hot and perspire. I had been using Pantene color/shine which worked ok. However, I saw this advertised and thought I would give it a try. It works really well for my mid length color treated hair. I also use the Keratine Infusion Color Care conditoner. Both have decreased the friz factor exponentially, I would have given it a 5 but it smells like bad deodorant for guys. Thankfully the odor dissipates after my hair dries.

on 4/4/2012 12:17:00 PM

Not too shabby for being on a college student budget sometimes us ladies have to find cheap alternatives to our beloved 15 dollar shampoo and this one left me impressed especially bc I'm not a fan of suave...but the smell I personally liked and it left my hair looking sleek and healthy not oily or untamed..not the best shampoo but I enjoy it.

*****UPDATE*****
after about 2 weeks I noticed this shampoo was making my back and my scalp breakout...maybe thats why it makes your hair so sleek is its so greasy I will not be repurchasing.

on 4/3/2012 12:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought both the shampoo and the conditioner. For a total of $5 I figured no loss if I hated it. I have super coarse, very long, frizzy prone hair just for reference. The shampoo I love, the conditioner, I hate! The shampoo is great, leaves me with no tangles. I feel like the conditioner just doesn't cut it, it leaves some kind of waxy greasy feeling. I will continue to use the shampoo, but I am going back to Suave Professions Sleek for my conditioner. I guess I need silicone afterall.

on 4/2/2012 12:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought both the Keratin Color Care Shampoo and Conditioner and used them together. I have long, thick, wavy/curly hair. The products made my hair look great, but it felt like straw, very dry.

I will not be purchasing this product again and I definitely would not recommend it to others.

on 3/25/2012 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

There's isn't any other product as amazing as this one being that it's works miracles on my hair and it's dirt cheap!!!! I normally write a long descriptive review but I have nothing else to say except for : AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL!!!!! I highly recommend this product to everyone. If for some odd reason this does t work for you, at least you only payed under $3 a bottle for it

on 3/23/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have not had a good hair day since starting to use this. Not one. My fine-but-heavy hair is normally easy to manage and holds a style well in Chicago weather. Every time I use this, it feels waxy when rinsing, as though it's leaving a coating. As a result, my style won't hold, and my fine hair goes limp. If you have a more coarse hair strand, maybe this will work better for you. Epic fail on mine. I tried it on days with different weather conditions (rain vs. cold vs. heat) and nope, it's just the shampoo.

On the plus side, I very much like the conditioner, which rinses cleaner than the shampoo. (WTH?!) So this will go in the trash can, and I'll go back to washing with Suave Humectant.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very pleased! Worked just as good as other expensive brands! I've been using it for almost 2 weeks, and I really notice a diffence! My new fav from suave! =)

Popular Shampoos