October 20, 2014 | 1822 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

First let me give you a brief history of my skin: -extremely sensitive (like really, my skin turns bright red and BURNS if something it doesn't like is on my face) -hyperpigmentation (from moderate hormonal acne treatments) -dry/flaky cheeks Now, I got this product as a sample in my previous sephora order and I busted it out to try since it's getting really hot in Canada and I don't want to wear foundation anymore. Let me tell you, I didn't use primer or anything under it, just moisturizer without my SPF. When I applied it, I was so surprised how great it felt on my skin and what really blew me away was the coverage. Let me tell you darling, usually nothing can cover my hyperpigmentation (on me cheeks, around the nose) but HOLY MOTHER! It blurred it all out and I was so amazed by it! After I let it sit, I applied just a tiny bit of my MAC prolong wear concealer on my cheeks and voila, I left the house satisfied. Usually I couldn't wear my concealer-- or anything to cover my scarring without flaking, but this lasted all day. Zero flakes. Zero dry spots. I'm so content with this. I will definitely purchase the full bottle when I use every single bit of the sample left because in Canada it's super expensive ($59)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by AliceBetts

My skin has recently improved a lot and I decided to make the switch from foundation (luminous silk) to a tinted moisturiser for my everyday makeup. WOW WOW WOW This has got the be the best tinted moisturiser I have ever tried. The only downside is that it doesn't last all day and it can get a bit oily towards the end of the day (So maybe avoid this if you have oily skin). The colour range is great, coverage is amazing and the finish is just stunning. My skin looks flawless and fresh. Has spf30 so this will be perfect for the summer. Smells good. HG!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by shushupopopipi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you naturally have a clear complexion, this is a very good base. I bought it in shade Alaska, which is a tint darker than my natural skin tone, but matches the sun kissed areas of my face more and stops me from looking washed out.

What I love about this tinted moisturiser is its blendability. It never looks cakey and offers sheer to medium buildable coverage. Like the name suggests, it is radiant. It has a dewy finish without powder. I have combination skin so I always dust translucent powder on, which gives it a matte appearance initially. But fortunately in the next hour, my skin looks radiant and glowy.

It oxidises slightly, which is a small minus. The scent is citrusy - refreshing and pleasant.

The texture is creamy. I tend to work it in the skin, warming it up with my fingers.

In comparison to my go-to foundation, Chanel's Perfection Lumiere, the glow is comparable but the end result is not as smooth. But then again, Perfection Lumiere is a foundation and at about $85, considerably more expensive.

I purchased this tinted moisturiser at Mecca Cosmetica for $62. I'm interested to see how long this will last me, as I use about two pea size amounts per use. If it ends up being durable enough, I'll certainly repurchase.

I recommend this for the winter, drier months.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Cestsibon

I received as a sample from Sephora and ended up buying to replace another brand which was discontinued. I've found it to be quite a sheer veil of cover with a nice scent. As far as radiance, for me this seems to be more of a very, very slight shine than a fine pearlized shimmer I prefer. It's a nice product for a natural, casual look, however not quite what I expected. I'll use I'm sure, but will keep looking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has been my go-to tinted moisturizer for two years now. I can't say this is great for oily skin (perhaps a bit too emollient for us oily folks) but the light-medium coverage is perfect for me (love that there are yellow undertone options). I have a lot of acne scars so I do need to follow up with concealer but I find this covers a good amount of redness I have around the corners of my nose, mouth and cheeks. This is the ONLY tinted moisturizer I've tried to date that doesn't oxidize like crazy (still oxidizes a tiny bit but not super noticeable like other tinted moisturizers). There is a very very light citrus scent but it disappears immediately upon application.

I don't think it has adequate UVA/UVB protection so I do layer an SPF 30 moisturizer underneath. I wish they had slightly more shades since I think my NC25 skin really falls between the lightest shade Finland and the second lightest shade Alaska (I use Alaska). I once bought both to mix the two but that just ended up being way too much maintenance. I'm still on the hunt for a better tinted moisturizer (one with adequate sunscreen properties, is fragrance free and is preferably cruelty free) but until that day comes, this is what I'll be using.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by lilcheese97

This tinted moisturiser is great for those who want to achieve a natural and glowing skin look. It's great for those days when you just don't feel like wearing a lot of makeup. There is something about this t/m that makes your skin look so amazing! It looks like it doesn't cover a lot but it really does. The downsides are the price, costing AUD$62 but a little does go a long way with this stuff. This product also feels sticky when you first apply it on but after a few minutes it sets and isn't so sticky anymore. And also I find that it completely disintegrates by the end of the day, or maybe it's just the powder I use on top of it :[ Not sure if I am going to purchase the full size, but the finish it gives is so amazing, I might just do it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by iflyaa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this for its SPF, it's luminous without being too greasy looking. I mix it with Estée Lauder invisible coverage foundation for a more made up look sometimes, but I am pale and Alaska works well for me. Don't need much, be careful, so for the price, I think it will last a decent amount of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by summerglow123

Just got my first NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Alaska and must say - i love it!

Since i purchased the product online i was a bit afraid if the color would match... Alaska was a bit more yellow toned, whereas my face has more pink undertones, but when applied to my face it matched nicely.
It even toned away the redness, and made my face match my decolte! (Maybe someone with acne prone skin recognizes the problem I battle with, pinky face, but otherwise yellow undertones in my skin...)

Compared to MAC tinted moisturizer was this ten times better. No oilyness, absorbes well and gives a nice sheer color. Felt like the sheer finish made my pores less visible too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a tester tube of this with a purchase in the shade Malaga. Way to dark for my pale skin but I decided to try it is a bronzer for my cheeks and to mix with my foundation to warm it up a little. Its a very yellow caramel shade and won't suit those with pink toned or cool skin. But the actual product is a lovely easy to work with texture, nice and light and lasts well. I will def be trying this is a shade more suitable for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Shourek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A few months back, I decided to experiment with my foundation routine and purchased this tinted moisturizer in Alaska and Chanel vitalumière aqua in B20.
I used each for a few months, and well, we have a winner.
1) First off, if you have oily skin, run away from this product as fast as you can. It really is moisturizing. I normally put both moisturizer and primer under my foundations, but with this, just a tiny amount of primer and eye cream does the trick.
2) Color choices are exceptional. I hate pink based foundations, and well, most appeared to be yellow based.
3) It makes you look incredibly healthy, with no dry patches showing anywhere, as if you were glowing from within.

Now Ladies, I have tried hundreds of foundations, and I have to say, if you do not want heavy coverage, have relatively dry/normal skin, and desperately want that "I eat healthy and exercise daily look" without actually doing it, this is for you.
Now for the cons, (because let's face it, there's always cons), the "glow" can easily turn to "oil puff ball"; you really need to set this with translucent powder if you do not want to blind people. However, after setting, I never had trouble looking oily, even in "warmer" temperatures. ("Spring" here in Canada)
Second con: After about 9 hours, it starts disintegrating on your face. So no long wearing. (Keep in mind that I don't touch up anything, and that the Chanel foundation lasted about the same amount of time).
PS: If you want long last, turn to Estée Lauder double wear light (Colour choices are awful though).
And so, I actually really like this foundation. Even in harsh lights it still looks good, feels comfortable, no irritation or pimples, and oh, so easy to use. Love it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No