NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

on 2/15/2015 5:56:00 PM

I have fair skin with yellow undertones but lots of ruddiness. Finland (the lightest shade) works perfectly on my skin and helps to minimize the redness.

Coverage is semi-sheer. There's a decent amount of pigmentation and it's buildable, but don't expect it to completely cover blemishes or inflamed areas. I usually go over my chin and other problem areas with a little bit of foundation or MUFE concealer when I'm needing a bit of extra coverage.

What I love about this product is that it allows my skin to glow through. It's like a more perfect but still natural looking version of my skin with this on. Also, staying power is excellent. It still looks good 10 hours later, when I get home from work, and is never greasy or shiny.

At $49 CAD plus tax, it's on the expensive side but I have yet to find a better comparable product.

on 2/12/2015 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is my favorite everyday face product. It is so incredible, I love it. The formula is so smooth, creamy, weightless, and long lasting on the face. It offers sheer to medium coverage that is natural but has a dewy, radiant, glow. I have pretty much flawless skin and can go without foundation just fine, but I do have some dark spots and dry patches. This is the final step for me to have absolutely perfect skin. It evens out my skintone, adds a glow, and just makes me look awake and healthy. It's amazing that it doesn't emphasize any dry patches on my face. Also, my face doesn't feel tight or uncomfortable with it. You know how if you have very dry skin some foundations can start feeling just fine but can make your face feel like a desert after a few hours? This doesn't do that at all! Instead, it maintains a glow and remains hydrating. But I don't think it's just for dry skin; oily skin will love it too. I have the shade St. Moritz, which is a tad bit too dark for me but I didn't bother exchanging it for a lighter shade because it blends so beautifully onto the skin and looks so natural. My only problem is the price tag. Dang, it is expensive but you do get a lot of product. However, I will continue to repurchase because my skin looks photoshop flawless with it. If you can afford it, get it because I can't think of a dupe.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have this in the shades Cuba and Annapurna. I love love love the coverage, the way it feels and how well this wears. The coverage on me is medium with the help of a flat top angled kabuki. I have very very dry skin that can be combo around the nose and forehead, so I lightly dust those areas with powder. It is expensive but to its defense, the size is almost double the average so it is definitely worth it! will repurchase without a doubt.

on 2/8/2015 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in the shade Groenland but really I'm somewhere between it and St. Moritz. Groenland is better for me in the winter as St. Moritz is to warm toned and makes me look orangey. If you wear Barcelona in NARS foundations, use St. Moritz. I wear Stromboli and this is better for me.

It's an excellent tinted moisturizer and definitely more pigmented than my Laura Mercier one. And its more natural looking. I only need a tiny bit. Its easy to blend and very satiny. It's long wearing and your can add powder if you're super oily or sweaty. Its also quite hydrating and has SPF which is always good. I definitely recommend this over Laura Mercier. The packaging is classic NARS so fingerprints and smudging product stains are inevitable...

My only complaint is the shade range. It hardly caters to olive skins as there's a big jump from Groenland to St. Moritz. I wish there was a yellowy shade in between thats not as dark as St. Moritz. Other than that I would by it again and maybe by the travel size of St. Moritz to mix shades. Unfortunately that does get quite expensive.

I recommend this if your not on a tight budget or have a little somethin' somethin' to splurge.

This stuff is amazing, I actually bought it to use under foundation for extra coverage because I have dry skin and did not want to use a heavy powder foundation over a liquid. When I put it on I was surprised that it did cover great and all I had to do was conceal a few areas and it looked beautiful. I have Finland and I will continue to repurchase this product. I also love that it has antioxidents in it to help my skin. I love love love this stuff.

on 1/24/2015 11:10:00 PM

Finally a foundation that doesn't accentuate my dry spots and large pores!!! I had tried so many foundations, creams, liquids and powders prior to purchasing NARS Tinted Moisturizer. All of the other foundations went on blotchy, accentuating dry areas and the pores on my nose, but this foundation does not do that. It is like I am applying a moisturizer. I love it and I recommend it especially if you have dry thirsty skin like mine!

My skin gets oily quickly and most products (foundation, powder, moisturizer, sunscreen) tend to feel heavy or greasy on my skin. Having said that, I can't get over how light this product feels while providing moderate coverage and evening out my skintone. Even though I have oily skin, I prefer products that have moisturizer in them as mattifying products tend to set my skin into oil production overdrive. This product seems to help balance out my skin so I haven't experienced that extra oil effect I get from a lot of foundations. I have tried the LM tinted moisturizer in Nude and while I thought the texture was nice to work with, the coverage was so sheer on me and it was too creamy on my skin to add multiple layers. I picked up the travel size NARS tinted moisturizer in the shade Alaska and it's a good match for my NC25/30 skin. After I run out I might look into other shades in the full sized line as the travel version is only available in 2. I like to apply a full layer over my entire face on top of primer, then go in with a second layer in areas that need extra coverage. Past foundations I've used either left me with a finish that is too dewy or too matte, but this one is right in between and blends so nicely that it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. It's the closest 'natural' skin look I've found that actually provides coverage. I do need to follow up with concealer over some dark spots. I use the NARS light reflecting loose powder to set which leaves a nice glowy finish and keeps the tinted moisturizer in place for the entire day. I haven't noticed any improvements in the condition of my skin but it hasn't given me any negative reactions either which is a huge plus because my skin is very sensitive.

on 1/16/2015 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this in their lightest shade Terre Nueve I believe it is called. It does have yellow undertones HOWEVER I have pink undertones and this is a great shade so don't let that deter you. It is quite light but I don't think it would work for the super pale people since I am not the palest person around, for reference in loreal true match I am a c3.

Pros:
Great coverage that is buildable from sheer to medium
Goes on well with fingers, beauty blender or a brush
Although the color has yellow undertones I think it blends on to a very neutral shade since it matches my neck perfectly

Cons:
Expensive

I don't think this is the most amazing thing ever, however, I have not been able to find a tinted moisturizer, bb or cc cream at the drugstore that is light enough for me so I would consider purchasing this again just because the color is great and it looks amazing on my dry skin.

on 1/16/2015 1:38:00 PM

This is a decent product, but not as creamy as I wanted. I love the colors that it comes in and it has a great staying power.

But as an older Retin A user, it didn't apply well at all. Even after exfoliating, it flaked on me. I would have to remove it in specific spots (above the lips for sure)

I don't think it's a BAD product, but definitely not for me.

A friend bought it for me, or I would have returned it.

on 1/11/2015 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Holy grail tinted moisturiser, I wear this on a daily basis I am in the colour Seychelles which is a perfect match for me in the summer, during winter I would probably go one shade down. It just adds the right amount of coverage I need on my face absolutely love this product for my normal to dry skin. I have just finished my first bottle and I would say it is definitely worth the price here in Australia it cost $56 which is quite expensive but that doesn't bother me as long as the product is worth it, which in this case certainly is!