August 1, 2014 | 1890 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by jessicav1

I've been using this foundation for a few months now and I'm not surprised by how much I absolutely love it. I've had great luck with PH products in the past as far as my sensitive skin not reacting to it, but was never pleased with the coverage until I found this product. I can see why it is frustrating for users who may be slightly darker or tan because it only comes in the two shades. I first purchased translucent which matched my skin great. By the time I needed to re-purchase, it was winter and to prevent myself from looking ghostly, I purchased it in Golden which I feared would not match my skin after first try, but blends quite well. I think I may go back to translucent, but both shades seem to work fine for me. I have very sensitive skin, cannot use any cheaper brands of makeup with chemicals, and PH has never let me down. The coverage is buildable to juuuust about full and I use an old eyeshadow brush with a bit of water to make concealer from it to hide blemishes. I like that it's a pressed powder, makes for easier and neater application. My one and only complaint is that it doesn't quite last a full 8 hour day, but because it's a pressed powder, I can easily bring it with me for touch-ups on the go.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by kloghopper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder smelled like burnt plastic. I couldn't get past that unfortunately. Did I get a bad one? The powder itself was fine from what I remember, but it was quickly returned due to the smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

I love how it looks on at first it has a slight sheen and makes my skin look dewy but then in a few hours it makes my dry skin become incredibly oily...will not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

I purchased this because the drugstore was out of my normal powder, and this was a translucent with spf 30, so I figured I couldn't lose.

This powder does have a sheen to it, and goes on a bit heavier than my normal PF setting powder. For my fair, pink-toned skin, this is an excellent color-match - as I feel that other reviewers are absolutley correct in that this is NOT a true translucent, colorless powder.

I don't use this alone, but over my Tarte Amazonian clay foundation and it does a really nice job of setting the foundation and making my skin look FLAWLESS. The airbrushing claims are spot-on, for me, anyway. Even, flawless skin with a velvet appearance.

I do see some very slight oxidation when I overuse my moisturizer (thank you, Olay squeeze bottle, but hey, can't complain too much. . . ). Doesn't rub off easily, either. Stayed true for me during a Zumba workout.

I'm not seeing any irritation or having any sensitivity, either. Phew.

I don't notice much fallout and I think the aqua packaging is super cute. Like all of these PF powders, if you drop them you're totally hosed, but that's a risk I can take given the price and the excellent coverage.

Excellent drugstore find, especially for folks looking to save some cash and get high-end, quality results.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I've deleted my original review which basically lamented the sad fact I did not look airbrushed after using this. I'm not naïve but I've been a PF for many years and hope springs eternal.

Bottom line is it doesn't work as a powder foundation for me. My skin is so dry if my face were rounder it could be called, "the dust bowl," so maybe I'm not a candidate for powder foundation at this point.

But it works really nicely as a setting powder. It does have enough creaminess for that and I love, love, love the spf 30! I wear sunscreen but I don't reapply to my face or neck/chest area as the day goes on and don't know anyone who wears makeup that does.

I've been using PF Healthy wear bronzer (orangey compact) on my neck chest area for the past 2 summers and will again for its high spf, so now having a touch up powder in the same vein is awesome.

It looks very pretty and non cakey OVER other makeup, again not on its own but that's fine with me. I'm going to crush some up for a small portable sifter container to keep in my purse and reapply for added sun protection as the day goes by. Been carrying the compact but its clunky.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on the fence with this product. I like how it has spf30 and the good coverage it gives me but the color is off. It only comes in translucent and beige. I read that translucent is too dark so I brought beige which was still 1-2 shades darker for my NC 20. Another factor that I do not like about this powder is that it has zero oil control. I noticed that after 2-3 hours I notice that my t zone gets oily. I been using this for about 2 months straight so I am sure it is this powder. I would recommend this for people with normal or dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by VanessaCAT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying, at first, I HATED this product! I bought translucent and thought it was wayyyyy too light, almost ghostly white. BUT I started wearing a darker color liquid light coverage foundation underneath (Fit Me) and the color was amazing. Now I'm in love with this powder, it makes my makeup stay all day and brightens my face! I think when it comes to foundation color you really have to mix and match to find your perfect shade. This powder offers great coverage on its on, but I personally can't wear it alone because the shade is just too light. I'm so happy I didn't throw this out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this. I love that it has SPF 30 (that's the reason I bought it), and it did make my skin look smoother and it covered quite well. Unfortunately, the so-called "Translucent" shade is WAY too dark for me. Not a little bit too dark. WAY too dark. Now I'm stuck lookin' crazy for the rest of the day.
If you have truly fair skin, sadly, this probably just isn't going to work for you. Don't be fooled by the name, translucent it is not!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by samhoney

My staple powder. The effect is very luminous but not sparkly or glittery. Very beautiful!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:
-light to medium coverage
-flawless application
-good color match
-no shimmer, but not flat
-decent price
-doesn't cause break outs
-great for setting liquid foundation

Cons:
-packaging sucks

Overall, this is my #1 favorite powder. It has a light to medium coverage, which is what I'm looking for, and it's perfect for setting liquid foundation, as it doesn't cake up. The only problem I have with this product is that the packaging sucks. It breaks easy. However, the product is amazing.