October 25, 2014 | 1875 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

Love this powder havent found one like it yet! Works beautifully gives me a nice airbrushed look and also smooths and makes my skin feel nice. Sets my makeup well too. Has a nice also creamy feel to it but its not its powder aha doesnt dry my skin out and i have sensitive skin so it quite like the feel of it on. Will try some other powders but loving this so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by lisbet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I also got this at CVS on sale for $7. I got it home, tried it and jumped back into my car and sped back to CVS and bought the last two compacts! Now I can bring that Make-Up Forever back to Sephora. It's an inferior product compared to this baby! I knew my DS cosmetics could keep up with the HE stuff. Proves you don't have to go to the mall to get good quality make-up! It gives me more $$ to spend on something that's really important to me-perfume!! Now that's where I don't mind spending money! Guess I'm just not a big make-up person, but I do have a lot of Urban Decay shadows. So I do like some nice make-up, but even those aren't that superior to DS products. It just all depends on where you want to spend your money and also, I lucked into this great product. Had it not been on sale I would have passed becaue it doesn't exactly look like anything special. But it goes on like a dream, covers all the redness in my skin, and doesn't get into my fine lines. I don't think it exactly minimizes my lines, just doesn;t emphasize them, like some powder foundations do. Give this a try! Even at the full price of $14 it's a great product! At age 59-I have a lot of trouble getting foundations that work well for me. They are either too greasy, too dry, oxidize-I still am oily in my T zone. A lot of foundations look mask-like which is something a woman my age does NOT want! The trick is to look like you have on NO foundation-not good foundation with great coverage. I recently began using Retin-A and my skin is reacting with a little extra redness and this covers it well and lasts all day. It's in a compact so it's convenient to carry with me for touch-ups. I love minerals-but got sick of the loose ones. This pressed mineral is all you could want in a foundation!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by fishers7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this powder after trying and loving the bronzer and and blush from the same line. I purchased creamy natural rather than translucent for my NW20 skin because when I compared the two in store the translucent looked really yellow in the pan compared to the creamy natural (to me). I buff the product on using my round or flat topped kabuki brushes from sigma. I then spray MAC fix+ over my entire face to get rid if any powdery-ness and the product looks great. Gives a good amount of coverage that I find I can blend easily and build as well. Gives my skin a nice glow and velvet finish. Has not oxidized on me that I have noticed. Good in non flash photography (the high SPF definitely gives flashback in flash photos). Will repurchase :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I picked this up at my local CVS sale. Do not use the applicator it comes with. I tried using a sponge applicator but that make sit get cakey. I use my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this powder to set my foundation & it looks amazing. I like the high SPF & the velvet finish it imparts. So much better than the silicone powders I've been using AND there's SPF :) I would buy again, as long a sit's on sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Translucent. There's still quite a bit of coverage for NC20 skin and the color is fine. This powder almost has a creamy feel to it and it buffs nicely into the skin. It feels creamier and less dry than MAC studio fix powder. I have dry skin and this does not exacerbate any dry patches and leaves a bit of a dewy type sheen to the skin. That may not be to everyone's liking. There is no bismuth in this formula that I can see and so my skin appears to be tolerating this very well.

My PF items seem to break after being in the makeup bag for awhile so I don't expect this packaging to hold up either. If you can find a good sale, I think this could be a good buy.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by OmC12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for a powder that matched the color of my skin tone (which is very fair) and didn't leave behind a powdery or cakey look on my face. After reviewing PF products for my sensitive skin, I decided to give this product a try and I love it! I have tried other PF powders, but their other "translucents" were either a shade darker than my natural skin color, or surprisingly too white... and I didn't think you could get any whiter than my skin! But this product matched perfectly. No harsh smells, no orange color, no super powdery or cakey effect, and lasts pretty much all day when teamed with the right foundation or primer underneath. I did start to show a little shine at the end of an 8 hour day on my t-zone area which usually does get oily, but it wasn't horribly noticeable unless you looked really close. I use this with a tinted moisturizer and a little concealer for the really red spots that this skips on covering, but for the most part coverage is really nice. I definitely recommend this product to any fair skin girls with sensitive combination skin, and hopefully it works for them as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Kcstings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used Tarte, Lorac, BE, Yves Saint Laurent, Revlon, MUFE, Lancôme, Estée Lauder, Napoleon Perdis, UD, CG, L'Oreal, etc! I'm 33 and always looking for the perfect foundation. I've got combo skin, medium with yellow undertones, and tiny fine lines around eyes when I smile. I just got this in the kit today with bronzer and blush. Concealer under eyes and using a flat-topped buffing brush gave me incredible, long lasting, airbrushed skin. I put all my other makeup away. Five lippies and I hope PF NEVER stops making this!!!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by jessicav1

I've been using this foundation for a few months now and I'm not surprised by how much I absolutely love it. I've had great luck with PH products in the past as far as my sensitive skin not reacting to it, but was never pleased with the coverage until I found this product. I can see why it is frustrating for users who may be slightly darker or tan because it only comes in the two shades. I first purchased translucent which matched my skin great. By the time I needed to re-purchase, it was winter and to prevent myself from looking ghostly, I purchased it in Golden which I feared would not match my skin after first try, but blends quite well. I think I may go back to translucent, but both shades seem to work fine for me. I have very sensitive skin, cannot use any cheaper brands of makeup with chemicals, and PH has never let me down. The coverage is buildable to juuuust about full and I use an old eyeshadow brush with a bit of water to make concealer from it to hide blemishes. I like that it's a pressed powder, makes for easier and neater application. My one and only complaint is that it doesn't quite last a full 8 hour day, but because it's a pressed powder, I can easily bring it with me for touch-ups on the go.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by kloghopper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder smelled like burnt plastic. I couldn't get past that unfortunately. Did I get a bad one? The powder itself was fine from what I remember, but it was quickly returned due to the smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

I love how it looks on at first it has a slight sheen and makes my skin look dewy but then in a few hours it makes my dry skin become incredibly oily...will not repurchase