September 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by fishers7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this powder after trying and loving the bronzer and and blush from the same line. I purchased creamy natural rather than translucent for my NW20 skin because when I compared the two in store the translucent looked really yellow in the pan compared to the creamy natural (to me). I buff the product on using my round or flat topped kabuki brushes from sigma. I then spray MAC fix+ over my entire face to get rid if any powdery-ness and the product looks great. Gives a good amount of coverage that I find I can blend easily and build as well. Gives my skin a nice glow and velvet finish. Has not oxidized on me that I have noticed. Good in non flash photography (the high SPF definitely gives flashback in flash photos). Will repurchase :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I picked this up at my local CVS sale. Do not use the applicator it comes with. I tried using a sponge applicator but that make sit get cakey. I use my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this powder to set my foundation & it looks amazing. I like the high SPF & the velvet finish it imparts. So much better than the silicone powders I've been using AND there's SPF :) I would buy again, as long a sit's on sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Translucent. There's still quite a bit of coverage for NC20 skin and the color is fine. This powder almost has a creamy feel to it and it buffs nicely into the skin. It feels creamier and less dry than MAC studio fix powder. I have dry skin and this does not exacerbate any dry patches and leaves a bit of a dewy type sheen to the skin. That may not be to everyone's liking. There is no bismuth in this formula that I can see and so my skin appears to be tolerating this very well.

My PF items seem to break after being in the makeup bag for awhile so I don't expect this packaging to hold up either. If you can find a good sale, I think this could be a good buy.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by OmC12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for a powder that matched the color of my skin tone (which is very fair) and didn't leave behind a powdery or cakey look on my face. After reviewing PF products for my sensitive skin, I decided to give this product a try and I love it! I have tried other PF powders, but their other "translucents" were either a shade darker than my natural skin color, or surprisingly too white... and I didn't think you could get any whiter than my skin! But this product matched perfectly. No harsh smells, no orange color, no super powdery or cakey effect, and lasts pretty much all day when teamed with the right foundation or primer underneath. I did start to show a little shine at the end of an 8 hour day on my t-zone area which usually does get oily, but it wasn't horribly noticeable unless you looked really close. I use this with a tinted moisturizer and a little concealer for the really red spots that this skips on covering, but for the most part coverage is really nice. I definitely recommend this product to any fair skin girls with sensitive combination skin, and hopefully it works for them as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Kcstings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used Tarte, Lorac, BE, Yves Saint Laurent, Revlon, MUFE, Lancôme, Estée Lauder, Napoleon Perdis, UD, CG, L'Oreal, etc! I'm 33 and always looking for the perfect foundation. I've got combo skin, medium with yellow undertones, and tiny fine lines around eyes when I smile. I just got this in the kit today with bronzer and blush. Concealer under eyes and using a flat-topped buffing brush gave me incredible, long lasting, airbrushed skin. I put all my other makeup away. Five lippies and I hope PF NEVER stops making this!!!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by jessicav1

I've been using this foundation for a few months now and I'm not surprised by how much I absolutely love it. I've had great luck with PH products in the past as far as my sensitive skin not reacting to it, but was never pleased with the coverage until I found this product. I can see why it is frustrating for users who may be slightly darker or tan because it only comes in the two shades. I first purchased translucent which matched my skin great. By the time I needed to re-purchase, it was winter and to prevent myself from looking ghostly, I purchased it in Golden which I feared would not match my skin after first try, but blends quite well. I think I may go back to translucent, but both shades seem to work fine for me. I have very sensitive skin, cannot use any cheaper brands of makeup with chemicals, and PH has never let me down. The coverage is buildable to juuuust about full and I use an old eyeshadow brush with a bit of water to make concealer from it to hide blemishes. I like that it's a pressed powder, makes for easier and neater application. My one and only complaint is that it doesn't quite last a full 8 hour day, but because it's a pressed powder, I can easily bring it with me for touch-ups on the go.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by kloghopper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder smelled like burnt plastic. I couldn't get past that unfortunately. Did I get a bad one? The powder itself was fine from what I remember, but it was quickly returned due to the smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

I love how it looks on at first it has a slight sheen and makes my skin look dewy but then in a few hours it makes my dry skin become incredibly oily...will not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

I purchased this because the drugstore was out of my normal powder, and this was a translucent with spf 30, so I figured I couldn't lose.

This powder does have a sheen to it, and goes on a bit heavier than my normal PF setting powder. For my fair, pink-toned skin, this is an excellent color-match - as I feel that other reviewers are absolutley correct in that this is NOT a true translucent, colorless powder.

I don't use this alone, but over my Tarte Amazonian clay foundation and it does a really nice job of setting the foundation and making my skin look FLAWLESS. The airbrushing claims are spot-on, for me, anyway. Even, flawless skin with a velvet appearance.

I do see some very slight oxidation when I overuse my moisturizer (thank you, Olay squeeze bottle, but hey, can't complain too much. . . ). Doesn't rub off easily, either. Stayed true for me during a Zumba workout.

I'm not seeing any irritation or having any sensitivity, either. Phew.

I don't notice much fallout and I think the aqua packaging is super cute. Like all of these PF powders, if you drop them you're totally hosed, but that's a risk I can take given the price and the excellent coverage.

Excellent drugstore find, especially for folks looking to save some cash and get high-end, quality results.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I've deleted my original review which basically lamented the sad fact I did not look airbrushed after using this. I'm not naïve but I've been a PF for many years and hope springs eternal.

Bottom line is it doesn't work as a powder foundation for me. My skin is so dry if my face were rounder it could be called, "the dust bowl," so maybe I'm not a candidate for powder foundation at this point.

But it works really nicely as a setting powder. It does have enough creaminess for that and I love, love, love the spf 30! I wear sunscreen but I don't reapply to my face or neck/chest area as the day goes on and don't know anyone who wears makeup that does.

I've been using PF Healthy wear bronzer (orangey compact) on my neck chest area for the past 2 summers and will again for its high spf, so now having a touch up powder in the same vein is awesome.

It looks very pretty and non cakey OVER other makeup, again not on its own but that's fine with me. I'm going to crush some up for a small portable sifter container to keep in my purse and reapply for added sun protection as the day goes by. Been carrying the compact but its clunky.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No