Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 1/11/2015 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have light, sensitive, dry/combination skin, and this product did not work for me sadly. I bought the second lightest shade "true ivory" as I'm light skinned but not exactly fair, and it looked fine at the store but when I got it home I realized how dark it looked in the bottle, more like a medium tan shade. And it is quite dark on my skin...I've had this problem before with rimmels bb cream, where the lightest shade is more like a medium shade.

I also looked at the bottle in the light, and I could see sparkles all over the inside of the bottle. I had heard some reviewers say that this stuff was loaded with sparkles and some said they saw none, so I just wanted to see for myself, and voila! It IS loaded with sparkles! Not fine shimmer, sparkles/glitter! Now I love some sparkle on my lids, but its not a good look to have them all over your face....... And its VERY noticeable in any light. I don't know why Rimmel would do this.....it just ruins it...for that fact alone I would never buy this again, but I gave it 2 stars because they did get ONE thing right with this product, and that's the packaging. I am not a fan of the colour orange, but it works for this product because its fresh and summery, and I love the glass bottle with the pump, and the foundation smells really nice!

As for the foundation itself, minus the added glitter particles, I find it to be kinda greasy but also very drying, its a weird consistency...its greasy when you first apply it, then it dries out quickly and brings out flakes on my skin that weren't visible before, it looks just awful..and I always moisturize before applying makeup...none of my other foundations look like this when applied.

Overall I won't buy this again and dont suggest anyone with very fair/light, dry OR oily skin to use this (may be fine for normal skin types?). Or anyone who doesnt want glitter all over your face. Although for those who already have it like me, one reviewer suggested to only use it on rainy/cloudy days so the sparkles don't show up, so I will give that a try. Or i thought about maybe using it to contour seeing as its a bit too dark for me (although the sparkles aren't ideal for contouring....sparkles highlight, the opposite of contouring) or maybe mix it with something? I dont like to waste $$ so ill try my best to find a use for it...as long as i can solve the drying effect it has on me, i can deal with the sparkles.

what i originally wanted was rimmels match perfection foundation but I can't find it anywhere! Just the matching concealer is available (I'm near Toronto/Ontario Canada so I've looked at rexall, shoppers, target, and Walmart and none carry the match perfection )

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Words cannot describe my I love the formulation of this foundation.

I. LOVE. IT.

I just can't wear it. The shades run far to dark for me, as with all Rimmel foundations, sadly. But my god the formula is fantastic. Even though it looked like I was trying to do a really bad fake-bake tan, my skin was never better when I was using this. I don't know what they put into this foundation, but if it ever became available in a lighter shade, I would buy up every bottle possible, just in case it ever was discontinued. The consistency is pretty great, coverage exactly what I was looking for, has a GORGEOUS finish, and it smells pretty nice.

The only bad thing I can think to say is that the pump is not super sturdy, but that's a problem with lots of plastic pumps on foundation bottles, regardless of brand or price.

Please. Please Rimmel, add in some significantly lighter lighter shades, in both pink and yellow undertones.

(For reference, my best foundation match is NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia, or NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat in Ivory).

on 1/5/2015 7:27:00 PM

Awful, it gives okay coverage wouldn't say full maybe medium. but the foundation gets very greasy and seems to sit on top of the skin, even with powder on it got greasy, it's transfers onto clothes and when blotting a lot of the foundation is on the blot tissue, more than average. If she foundation soaked into the skin (sounds spot prone, but you know what I mean) and looked more flawless rather than sat onto of the skin (meaning bronzer doesn't go well on top of it either) it would be much better. It has little sparkles in it I assume this is the wake me up part of it, I don't mind them and they aren't atall noticeable unless under direct artificial light.

on 1/4/2015 9:34:00 PM

I really liked this foundation. The problem which made me stop using this foundation all together was the extremely limited colour range - Rimmel's foundations always run too pink! I have had the same problem with the Rimmel Stay 25 hour Foundation and even the Wake Me Up Concealer - which I thought wouldn't be a problem since it was a concealer, but sadly this was as well.

I really loved this foundation, it had great coverage, it really did seem to give my skin a brightened 'glow', it lasted all day (from around 7am till 5pm), provided a medium not too cakey finish, the packaging was really nice (big fan of the pump), and it even had a really nice fresh scent. It was also very versitle with what method I applied it onto my face - Real Techniques Expert Face and Buffing Brush, BeautyBlender and Sigma F80 and F82 brushes.

I also found that this product covered any pimples, redness or freckles really well; and trust me I would know with my really bad skin!!! D:

Not only this, but the price was also very reasonable, especially for Australia's ridiculously expensive makeup prices; I would not have any problems at all repurchasing, if it wasn't for the limited colour range! However, I have always run across this problem with drugstore foundations (yes Maybelline and Covergirl, I'm also talking to you), the only few that I have found that work for my pale, yellow/ warm toned Combination skin is the Bourjois, Revlon and some Loreal foundations.

All in all, if you have more pink toned/ cool skin, I feel like this would work really well for you, if you are searching for a foundation that gives nice coverage, doesn't make you look to washed out/ too matte/ or too flat; as it really does bring a nice subtle 'glow from within to your face' not like you just stuck a whole lot of glitter on your face. For the price, you also can't go wrong, it is very comparable with other more expensive brands; and I would happily keep on using and repurchasing, if it wasn't for the colour range, which is the big NO NO for me.

on 1/3/2015 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can’t say I recommend this foundation. It has a few positive such as the subtle shimmer in the foundation and the easy application however; I find after only 1-2 hours my face becomes extremely oily. During winter the foundation with a powder over the top can last 3-4 hours but when it's raining or hot outside it becomes oily very fast. I also find that this foundation does not have a broad colour spectrum. I have tried 3 of the lightest colours and I have found that each one has been very orange no matter how much I blend, but for such a cheap price you can’t expect much more.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Easy to apply
- Slight shimmer

Cons:
- Small colour spectrum
- Orange Base
- Become oily fast

on 12/14/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Good coverage, good price.
I find this product is very easy to blend in and gives a smooth consistent finish across the face.
Stays on fairly long and doesn't clog which is fab.
Great packaging.
I also find the shades very good as I have 2 perfect shades for when i have and when i dont have a tan.
Lovely:-) x

Good coverage. Blends easily. Smooth finish. Tends to dry into skin, especially around the nose and chin. Doesn't last as long as I hoped.

on 12/8/2014 12:58:00 AM

Really like this foundation. It's light and it creates a nice complexion on the skin. Just warning people that this is a bit shimmery so if you are against shine I would stay away!

I really love this foundation!

Like the concealer in the 'Wake Me Up' range it feels so light and fresh to apply and I really like the feeling that my skin can breathe underneath it as I can't stand that 'mask' like feeling some heavy foundations give.

Coverage is a medium I would say although I think it's buildable!

The shade range is really decent for a drugstore foundation and the glow this gives my skin is just beautiful! I love this most purely for that!

on 11/20/2014 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is mye least favorite rimmel foubdation. Its sa good foundation i just dont reach for it as mutch as my other rimmel foundations.

I never use it when i have acne, but on my good skin days i will use it and it gives a really glowy finish, i just dont like the look on bad skin days, and i dont feel like it covers as good. But it last a desent amount of time and its a good foundation.