October 1, 2014 | 1322 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Almay - Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by DonDiva

I love how pretty it looks. That's all the good i have to say about this one :( It smells funny, its dry and the purple and green flakes off on your skin during application. it does not make my foundation stick, which i need because i have oily skin, does not control oil.. (before i leave the house I'm covered in oil already)... but its cute so i keep it in the cabinet.. will not buy again, because decoration never gets used.

Overall grade? F+

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by frostygrrl

Wow, I'm really surprised by the negative reviews of this product! Then again, this is the first primer I've ever used. I'm pretty fair skinned with acne scarring and skin that tends to be red, especially on my cheeks underneath my eyes. I've only been using this for a few days, but I think it's great! I put it on and my sister and I watched the redness on my face disappear. It doesn't dry sticky or greasy and it didn't make my face oily either, and I swear, I have the greasiest face ever. I don't even wear any kind of cover up or foundation or anything on my face anymore because after an hour or so it will start sliding off. So to my pleasant surprise this product didn't make my face greasy at all, and I didn't really notice a smell either. It's probably not something I will use every day (I don't like to be too dependent on make up) but as long as it continues to work the way it does, I would definitely buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

This primer made my face feel like a greasy bag of chips and it smells like it too! Normally, I enjoy products with color-correcting properties, which is what intrigued me to buy this on a whim. My skin is ruddy and uneven, very oily, and a few acne scars for reference. I applied this to my freshly washed face with a small amount of moisturizer underneath and was repulsed by the scent which is potent and reminds me of potato chips--so gross! The texture is really thick and I felt like it sat atop my skin without absorbing into it like good primers do. A half hour after application, my skin looked so greasy!! I didn't notice an improvement in the way my skin looked and this junk felt so tacky on my skin...it broke me out after one day and I haven't used since.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok ladies, this is probably the worst primer out there. 1) It smells absolutely awful. 2) It made my skin feel and look oily. 3) It for some reason brought out the redness in my skin instead of concealing it. Even when I put the foundation over top it still felt sticky. So I will never buy this product again!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by christinaMF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

absolutely horrible. it does nothing for oil, colour correcting, or staying power. it smells like urine, as another post below says. total waste of money. i will put it on, and it does nothing for the smooth application for my foundation or anything. the only thing it has going for it is the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by swirlpeace67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

meh, 2 thumbs down. didnt bring out the oil in my t-zone,
it had an dewy feel, not satiny like smashbox,
the concept was great,
but the SMELL, dear lord, worst product smells on earth,
it literally smelled like rotten eggs, so not cool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

I just want to start off by saying that I don't use Almay products so when I purchased this primer I really didn't know what to expect, Im a sucker for any "swirl" looking products in general LoL.
Im really surprised at the many negative reviews because I think this primer lives up to my expectations. I must agree it's a very light primer and so in very humid/hot weather conditions it won't deliver.
I also don't think this primer is suitable for oily skins, I happen to have drier skin so it's fine for me. I wouldn't use this primer if I were looking for like an 16hr lasting effect I would reach out for my Smashbox primer in that case.
As far as any tone correction, I didn't notice much but it does have a slight luminizing effect which I also like. (hate a matte look)
I use this mainly with my Olay Tone Correcting Tinted Moisturizer for a no makeup day. Overall Im very pleased with this primer because it's not heavy or silicone like, non irritating and does not clog my pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a gimmicky product. The colour swirls do nothing to correct or conceal...My redness was still there...I have combination skin and this product, although it's moisturizing, after a bit my face gets really oily...This definitely is not good on my skin as a primer. I only suggest this product if you feel your skin is really dry and wanted to moisturize it, this actually leaves a nice soothing feeling. However, the product does not work as it claims and I would definitely not repurchase this...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by jessahorsting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Total waste of money. It does absolutely NOTHING. I have never really enjoyed Almay makeup but I went in on a whim and bought this product hoping that it would replace my Hard Candy primer. Big mistake. The price is super expensive for drugstore makeup coming in at almost $18 CAD. I do like the pump, but other than that everything else is just blah. It does not "perfect" nor "correct" in any way... just leaves a sticky film over my face. It sucks as a primer, my makeup smears off within a solid 4-5 hours. Glad it didn't break my skin out at least. I don't recommend and will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by PokeyPuppy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells like urine!!!! That's a terrible scent for any where, but especially your face!!

I haven't tried many primers, but I really didn't notice much difference after using this. My skin looks a little nicer (there's a nice glow), but I had to apply a lot of product before I even noticed any difference at all. It didn't do much of anything for redness, in fact, it probably caused more redness because it made my face sting a little. I'm scared to put this stuff on my eyelids.

I imagine there are much better primers out there.