Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

2.3

Water, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl N-Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, Sea Salt, Montmorillonite, Squalane, Silica, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 42090/Blue 1, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens

on 4/28/2013 6:17:00 PM

this made my skin soo oily and feel disgusting. I tried this in the winter time so my skin was not oily, but a little dry. Once i put this primer on my face, it made all of my makeup come right off. I used it twice and its probably one of the worst products i have ever used.

on 4/12/2013 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

FIRST IMPRESSION : LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE the packaging! really eye catching. I like the pump, gets every bit of product out.

THINGS YOU MIGHT HATE: smells like NAIR hair remover (creme) and i really don't like that. But maybe some people might find it pleasant? When you apply it, it feels...uncomfortable. It's like a tight feeling but not the good type of tight feeling.
5-10 minutes after applying you might notice slight redness (depends skin type: i have very oily skin) and might feel tiny bumps on your forehead or chin, possibly both if you are really unlucky. Feels itchy, especially around the lips and eye area. last up to 4-5hrs and when I went for a "bathroom mirror break" and blot my face, my foundation came of ( I put only 1 layer of foundation and no concealer) so that's pretty much a down side.

THINGS YOU MIGHT LIKE: The packaging, the price (got it for 8$ i think? I used a gift card so i don't remember :/ sorry). you might also like how well it can fade a tiny bit of your uneven skin tone and scars. That's all i got

NOTE: this is not for oily skin... lets face it, primers are not meant for us super oily skinned people (except urban decay: HUGE TUMPS UP)

WILL I REPURCHASE? : sadly, no.

Hope this review helped~

on 4/8/2013 3:32:00 PM

I thought this was a cool primer when I first saw the commercial late last year. I had really no experience with primers and at that point I needed something with some correction and priming to keep my makeup looking good all day long. I purchased and then mysteriously lost it. When I finally found it I was ecstatic however I should have saved that happiness for something else. Packaging is really what sold me because of its unique look and its convenient pump. However, the product does nothing as far as correction, it peels off as I apply foundation, and it makes my skin shinier as the day goes on. I love Almay's smart shade products, but this is a fail.

on 3/29/2013 10:30:00 AM

1st Almay currently test on animals. The packaging is good looking, easy to use, and gets the last drop out. But the product leaves a slippery feel to your skin, that dose not help for keeping your foundation on. As for the color correcting claims... I guess the green slightly cancels out any redness, and the purple dose NOT brighten you complexion.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Not the worst primer but definitely not the best! Biggest thing... It smells AWEFUL!! It does go on nicely but doesn't give as smooth as finish as other primers I have used! I won't be buying it again simply because of the smell!

on 3/23/2013 4:07:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this today and used it on my skin to test it out and it irritated and burnt my skin which is weird because Almay is supposed to be formulated for sensitive skin. I'm not sure if the product would even work very well even if it didn't irritate as it is a very thin primer and feels slightly tacky on my skin. I live in New Zealand and this was a ridiculous $29!! I'm much better off investing in Smashbox.

on 3/19/2013 12:35:00 PM

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews! I just bought this last week and have used it almost everyday. I love it!! It blurs imperfections, and makes my skin glowy :) I don't think the smell is bad or overpowering. Smells like a normal foundation to me, even though it's primer.

on 3/17/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love how pretty it looks. That's all the good i have to say about this one :( It smells funny, its dry and the purple and green flakes off on your skin during application. it does not make my foundation stick, which i need because i have oily skin, does not control oil.. (before i leave the house I'm covered in oil already)... but its cute so i keep it in the cabinet.. will not buy again, because decoration never gets used.

Overall grade? F+

on 3/14/2013 1:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Wow, I'm really surprised by the negative reviews of this product! Then again, this is the first primer I've ever used. I'm pretty fair skinned with acne scarring and skin that tends to be red, especially on my cheeks underneath my eyes. I've only been using this for a few days, but I think it's great! I put it on and my sister and I watched the redness on my face disappear. It doesn't dry sticky or greasy and it didn't make my face oily either, and I swear, I have the greasiest face ever. I don't even wear any kind of cover up or foundation or anything on my face anymore because after an hour or so it will start sliding off. So to my pleasant surprise this product didn't make my face greasy at all, and I didn't really notice a smell either. It's probably not something I will use every day (I don't like to be too dependent on make up) but as long as it continues to work the way it does, I would definitely buy it again.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This primer made my face feel like a greasy bag of chips and it smells like it too! Normally, I enjoy products with color-correcting properties, which is what intrigued me to buy this on a whim. My skin is ruddy and uneven, very oily, and a few acne scars for reference. I applied this to my freshly washed face with a small amount of moisturizer underneath and was repulsed by the scent which is potent and reminds me of potato chips--so gross! The texture is really thick and I felt like it sat atop my skin without absorbing into it like good primers do. A half hour after application, my skin looked so greasy!! I didn't notice an improvement in the way my skin looked and this junk felt so tacky on my skin...it broke me out after one day and I haven't used since.

Popular Primer/ Correctors