January 30, 2015 | 1557 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Almay - Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I thought this was a cool primer when I first saw the commercial late last year. I had really no experience with primers and at that point I needed something with some correction and priming to keep my makeup looking good all day long. I purchased and then mysteriously lost it. When I finally found it I was ecstatic however I should have saved that happiness for something else. Packaging is really what sold me because of its unique look and its convenient pump. However, the product does nothing as far as correction, it peels off as I apply foundation, and it makes my skin shinier as the day goes on. I love Almay's smart shade products, but this is a fail.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ElizabethCML

1st Almay currently test on animals. The packaging is good looking, easy to use, and gets the last drop out. But the product leaves a slippery feel to your skin, that dose not help for keeping your foundation on. As for the color correcting claims... I guess the green slightly cancels out any redness, and the purple dose NOT brighten you complexion.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by VictoriaLauren13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not the worst primer but definitely not the best! Biggest thing... It smells AWEFUL!! It does go on nicely but doesn't give as smooth as finish as other primers I have used! I won't be buying it again simply because of the smell!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by morgann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this today and used it on my skin to test it out and it irritated and burnt my skin which is weird because Almay is supposed to be formulated for sensitive skin. I'm not sure if the product would even work very well even if it didn't irritate as it is a very thin primer and feels slightly tacky on my skin. I live in New Zealand and this was a ridiculous $29!! I'm much better off investing in Smashbox.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Chevygirl14

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews! I just bought this last week and have used it almost everyday. I love it!! It blurs imperfections, and makes my skin glowy :) I don't think the smell is bad or overpowering. Smells like a normal foundation to me, even though it's primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by DonDiva

I love how pretty it looks. That's all the good i have to say about this one :( It smells funny, its dry and the purple and green flakes off on your skin during application. it does not make my foundation stick, which i need because i have oily skin, does not control oil.. (before i leave the house I'm covered in oil already)... but its cute so i keep it in the cabinet.. will not buy again, because decoration never gets used.

Overall grade? F+

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by frostygrrl

Wow, I'm really surprised by the negative reviews of this product! Then again, this is the first primer I've ever used. I'm pretty fair skinned with acne scarring and skin that tends to be red, especially on my cheeks underneath my eyes. I've only been using this for a few days, but I think it's great! I put it on and my sister and I watched the redness on my face disappear. It doesn't dry sticky or greasy and it didn't make my face oily either, and I swear, I have the greasiest face ever. I don't even wear any kind of cover up or foundation or anything on my face anymore because after an hour or so it will start sliding off. So to my pleasant surprise this product didn't make my face greasy at all, and I didn't really notice a smell either. It's probably not something I will use every day (I don't like to be too dependent on make up) but as long as it continues to work the way it does, I would definitely buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

This primer made my face feel like a greasy bag of chips and it smells like it too! Normally, I enjoy products with color-correcting properties, which is what intrigued me to buy this on a whim. My skin is ruddy and uneven, very oily, and a few acne scars for reference. I applied this to my freshly washed face with a small amount of moisturizer underneath and was repulsed by the scent which is potent and reminds me of potato chips--so gross! The texture is really thick and I felt like it sat atop my skin without absorbing into it like good primers do. A half hour after application, my skin looked so greasy!! I didn't notice an improvement in the way my skin looked and this junk felt so tacky on my skin...it broke me out after one day and I haven't used since.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok ladies, this is probably the worst primer out there. 1) It smells absolutely awful. 2) It made my skin feel and look oily. 3) It for some reason brought out the redness in my skin instead of concealing it. Even when I put the foundation over top it still felt sticky. So I will never buy this product again!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by christinaMF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

absolutely horrible. it does nothing for oil, colour correcting, or staying power. it smells like urine, as another post below says. total waste of money. i will put it on, and it does nothing for the smooth application for my foundation or anything. the only thing it has going for it is the packaging.