April 18, 2014 | 2031 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Almay - Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a gimmicky product. The colour swirls do nothing to correct or conceal...My redness was still there...I have combination skin and this product, although it's moisturizing, after a bit my face gets really oily...This definitely is not good on my skin as a primer. I only suggest this product if you feel your skin is really dry and wanted to moisturize it, this actually leaves a nice soothing feeling. However, the product does not work as it claims and I would definitely not repurchase this...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by jessahorsting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Total waste of money. It does absolutely NOTHING. I have never really enjoyed Almay makeup but I went in on a whim and bought this product hoping that it would replace my Hard Candy primer. Big mistake. The price is super expensive for drugstore makeup coming in at almost $18 CAD. I do like the pump, but other than that everything else is just blah. It does not "perfect" nor "correct" in any way... just leaves a sticky film over my face. It sucks as a primer, my makeup smears off within a solid 4-5 hours. Glad it didn't break my skin out at least. I don't recommend and will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by PokeyPuppy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells like urine!!!! That's a terrible scent for any where, but especially your face!!

I haven't tried many primers, but I really didn't notice much difference after using this. My skin looks a little nicer (there's a nice glow), but I had to apply a lot of product before I even noticed any difference at all. It didn't do much of anything for redness, in fact, it probably caused more redness because it made my face sting a little. I'm scared to put this stuff on my eyelids.

I imagine there are much better primers out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Tried this product as it's a cheaper primer. It didn't correct redness. It did though make my skin very silky and smooth the first time I used it, second time I used this my skin did get oily and it caused me to breakout. Won't be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by foreverbj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went to Walgreens today and the Cosmetics lady was helping me find this primer and it just happened to be an open bottle so she put it on my hand and it's weird it came out green purple and I rub it in and instantly I compared it to my other hand the redness was gone there was kind of this soft glow left on my skin & to me it smells like vanilla so I absolutely love it . I am going to be wearing it under my Mac studio tech Foundation And over yes to blueberries moisturizer but just by having on my hand I could tell the difference instantly and what it says it does it really does and you only need a tiny bit and the price and I got it for was 11 dollars and that's worth it for me I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by elz413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product!
I just recently switched to this as my every day primer and have really enjoyed it so far. After washing my face I applied it and found it moisturized my face, balanced out any redness and added a subtle glow. I really like how its not heavy on your skin but still manages to really moisturize your face! Will definitely be repurchasing this :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by ABelle621

I'm kind of surprised with all the negative feedback! I bought this primer because I wanted to try something new, wanted a cheaper primer to put in my bb cream, the packaging was pretty cute, and my boyfriend wanted to see how it looked when it came out. hahaha. I initially tried it out by itself to see how it would react with my skin. It came on pretty smooth and slightly satiny. I didn't really need anything concealed so I'm not really sure how it does with redness to be honest. But my makeup lasted pretty well and I use Urban Decay's Naked Foundation.

However, for all the girls that didn't like the smell and such, I would recommend putting it in DIY BB creams. I just mix my moisturizer with a darker shade of liquid foundation, a few squirts of primer, setting spray, facial sunscreen, and a tad of liquid highlighter. (stuff I already have, with the exception of not wanting to use my high-end primer for my BB cream). works pretty well!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by LluviaCatMagic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Aside from the fact that the packaging looks sort of cool this product does nothing. It does not conceal redness at all and it barely even brightened my skin. It made my face super oily. On a whim I thought I'd buy this because its not as expensive as other primers and...it sucks.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by xokissgoodbye123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Smells absolutely terrible and stung the hell out of my face. Slightly brightening, did not help the redness at all. Don't even begin to consider buying this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by kristin780

I normally use MAC Prep & Prime, but I thought I would try one of the inexpensive brands to see the difference. There's a big one! I don't think this product really did anything at all. It didn't brighten my skin or do anything to tone down the red. It doesn't even help keep my make-up on, which I see as the whole point. Smells bad too. Neat package, but other than that I would never buy again.