L'Oreal Infallible (US shades)

4.4

on 1/24/2012 10:17:00 AM

I have fallen in love with these shadows. I'm not usually a pigment person because they're too messy and shimmery/glittery most of the time. But these are different.

I'd describe the texture/formula as a medium-packed pigment with a buttery smooth application. The color is buildable, so sheer vs. intense - you pick.

I like to use a small concealer brush to apply (I think mine's from EcoTools) because I feel it applies the color best.

My go-to look has been Goldmine on the lid and lower lashline, with a color like wedge blended into the crease and loads of mascara. It makes my eyes shine gives me the bright & alert look all day.

The emerald green color is also gorgeous all over the lid with omega & coquette in the crease.

on 1/21/2012 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Very impressed with the staying-power of these shadows, particularly on my oily monolids. Colors tend to slide right off me, unless I'm wearing a primer (which I usually am). I love that these colors apply to your lids with the same pigmentation as they appear in their cute pots. Sometimes I find shadows surprise you with their true color once applied, but these stay true-to-color from pot to lid. So lovely! So shimmery!

I purchased eternal sunshine (shimmery yellow, more on the beige side), golden sage (lovely earthy, shimmery green), amber rush (rosey gold, very warm on lids), and iced latte (perfect neutral vanilla shimmer, great as an inner corner highlight). I chose these colors on a whim, and love all four of them. I actually wasn't sure whether I would care for eternal sunshine, but I find it to be absolutely stunning, even on its own as an all-over lid color. It's subtle, yet colorful and warm, and mmm I love it! It may become my go-to daytime color, it's just that good. I may end up trying other colors, but these are the four that really caught my eye from the get-go. Try them, you won't regret it!

on 1/21/2012 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this product. I bought 7 out of the 12 colors I found and one is prettier than the next. I used bronzed taupe over Stila prime pot and the color did not fade or crease 12 hours. The next day I wore amber rush over Stila prime pot for about 24 hours. I did not notice any fading or creasing until about hour 20 and the creasing was very minimal, and that was with no touch ups. No other shadow that I own gives 20 hours of no fading or creasing, usually I get about 8 hours if I'm lucky, and that is using Urban Decay, Tarte, or Stila eyeshadow. I will definitely repurchase this product again.

on 1/20/2012 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I usually stick to my fairly dull but neutral eyeshadows everyday but I was at Target the other day and this line of colors caught my eye. On a whim I purchased the Amber Rush color. Love it! So glad I did. It makes my blue eyes pop and it stays on all day (I work 12 hr days sometimes). Would definitely repurchase and will more than likely buy more shades as well.

on 1/16/2012 12:49:00 AM

I love these eyeshadows so much. They are so easy to put on, they glide on with my finger in seconds. They last allllll day with no creasing, even with my really oily eyelids. I don't use a primer with them, I don't think it makes a difference. I even played dance central with this for an hour and it looked exactly the same afterwards! These are amazing. I have Iced Latte, which is a really brightening, pretty, shimmery champagne lid color for me. I got Endless Pearl thinking it would be good base, because it's basically matte and it's a light beige color. I love it! I use it under my Kat Von D shadows and it really makes them stand out and last.

on 1/15/2012 7:24:00 PM

I was hesitant to try these because I have not loved L'Oreal eyeshadows, particularly their gimmicky one-sweep eyeshadow but am glad I did buy them. I have four of these - Amber Rush, Bronzed Taupe, Endless Pearl, and Continuous Cocoa.
Amber Rush (rose gold) and Bronze Taupe (leans a bit brown) have an incredible shine where Endless Pearl (light beige) and Continuous Cocoa (dark brown) are more subdued.

Texture:
They have a soft and smooth texture but the product does not go flying everywhere when you use a brush. Color payoff is strong. I have not tried using them together so cannot comment how they go together. I did have to pack on Endless Pearl a little more than the others as it's a bit more sheer.

Packaging:
I don't love the bulky packaging, but it works. I do like the shape and I have dropped one onto a tile floor without the package or the shadow breaking. The lid I find very ugly and unappealing. Every shadow comes with a small press. I haven't had to use it yet and I did lose one for one of the colors.

Price:
I paid $7-8 (USD) for one which is higher than most drugstore prices but worth it.

Wear:
These have worn beautifully on my oily eyelids. I do use a primer with them (Too Faced Shadow Insurance) and have not tried them on bare lids. I have not had any problems with fading or creasing, even at the end of the day. I'm interested to see how they hold up in the hot and humid summer but so far I've been happy with winter wear.

Repurchase:
If for whatever reason I were to run out I would buy again. I will be getting more colors in the line.

on 1/15/2012 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, the pigment of these eyeshadows are great. The colours are pure and bright. The packaging is just fine and the pricing is what you'd expect from this brand.
The problem? Even with primer, it still creases. The only thing I've found that helps is layering it on top of Maybelline Eye Tattoo.

on 1/13/2012 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I'm not sure how I feel about this product yet but have been using it 3 days in a row. I bought two colors in eternal sunshine and iced latte. I love the colors and pigmentation. I love how easy it was to apply. However, I noticed it creased on me when I do not apply any primer. It looked horrible and the colors started to fade. I guess it was because I have oily lids. With a primer, it lasts a pretty long time. Well, I've only worn these for about 8 hours a day and have tried with and without a primer. Definitely need a primer if you guys have oily lids!

on 1/12/2012 9:22:00 PM

I finally found these in the colors I wanted after going to 5 Walgreens! Yes 5!! Today was the day! I got endless pearl. Nice base shade. Will use under shadows as well as on it's own for a nice natural color as it is close to my skin color. I also got iced latte which is really shimmery. Think best for a highlight color. I used it all over my lid to try it and it looked crazy!! I also got sultry smoke a dark gray. Not as dark as I though but still nice color and will use as base for smokey eyes. Overall the packaging looks nice. Keep the inside lid on it so it doesn't dry out. They feel powdery but also are a bit creamy too so they can dry out. I was hoping that they would be more like Mac paint pots but they aren't at all but still nice alone or as a base. Will buy again and maybe will try more colors than just neutrals

I have this color in Sage. At first swatch I was not happy. All I could see was glitter and a hint of muddied green. It transferred easily too. I decided to use a paint pot primer and give it a go. I used a 217 mac brush and dabbed it in the color. I have to say that once I put the color on I fell in love. I think I am more in love with the color rather than the product- still unsure. I used it alone because once I tried adding other colors it muddied up and I had to start again. This to me is a product for people on the go who need a long lasting product. It felt creamy and powdery and was also easily applied with the fingers. I would like to try one more color out as well as a 14 hr work day to really give it a proper review. So far so good.

Popular Eye Shadows