August 22, 2014 | 2017 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Infallible (US shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by imbored27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love these eyeshadows so much. They are so easy to put on, they glide on with my finger in seconds. They last allllll day with no creasing, even with my really oily eyelids. I don't use a primer with them, I don't think it makes a difference. I even played dance central with this for an hour and it looked exactly the same afterwards! These are amazing. I have Iced Latte, which is a really brightening, pretty, shimmery champagne lid color for me. I got Endless Pearl thinking it would be good base, because it's basically matte and it's a light beige color. I love it! I use it under my Kat Von D shadows and it really makes them stand out and last.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Interludes

I was hesitant to try these because I have not loved L'Oreal eyeshadows, particularly their gimmicky one-sweep eyeshadow but am glad I did buy them. I have four of these - Amber Rush, Bronzed Taupe, Endless Pearl, and Continuous Cocoa.
Amber Rush (rose gold) and Bronze Taupe (leans a bit brown) have an incredible shine where Endless Pearl (light beige) and Continuous Cocoa (dark brown) are more subdued.

Texture:
They have a soft and smooth texture but the product does not go flying everywhere when you use a brush. Color payoff is strong. I have not tried using them together so cannot comment how they go together. I did have to pack on Endless Pearl a little more than the others as it's a bit more sheer.

Packaging:
I don't love the bulky packaging, but it works. I do like the shape and I have dropped one onto a tile floor without the package or the shadow breaking. The lid I find very ugly and unappealing. Every shadow comes with a small press. I haven't had to use it yet and I did lose one for one of the colors.

Price:
I paid $7-8 (USD) for one which is higher than most drugstore prices but worth it.

Wear:
These have worn beautifully on my oily eyelids. I do use a primer with them (Too Faced Shadow Insurance) and have not tried them on bare lids. I have not had any problems with fading or creasing, even at the end of the day. I'm interested to see how they hold up in the hot and humid summer but so far I've been happy with winter wear.

Repurchase:
If for whatever reason I were to run out I would buy again. I will be getting more colors in the line.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First off, the pigment of these eyeshadows are great. The colours are pure and bright. The packaging is just fine and the pricing is what you'd expect from this brand.
The problem? Even with primer, it still creases. The only thing I've found that helps is layering it on top of Maybelline Eye Tattoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by ochaxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure how I feel about this product yet but have been using it 3 days in a row. I bought two colors in eternal sunshine and iced latte. I love the colors and pigmentation. I love how easy it was to apply. However, I noticed it creased on me when I do not apply any primer. It looked horrible and the colors started to fade. I guess it was because I have oily lids. With a primer, it lasts a pretty long time. Well, I've only worn these for about 8 hours a day and have tried with and without a primer. Definitely need a primer if you guys have oily lids!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Jkline72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I finally found these in the colors I wanted after going to 5 Walgreens! Yes 5!! Today was the day! I got endless pearl. Nice base shade. Will use under shadows as well as on it's own for a nice natural color as it is close to my skin color. I also got iced latte which is really shimmery. Think best for a highlight color. I used it all over my lid to try it and it looked crazy!! I also got sultry smoke a dark gray. Not as dark as I though but still nice color and will use as base for smokey eyes. Overall the packaging looks nice. Keep the inside lid on it so it doesn't dry out. They feel powdery but also are a bit creamy too so they can dry out. I was hoping that they would be more like Mac paint pots but they aren't at all but still nice alone or as a base. Will buy again and maybe will try more colors than just neutrals

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

I have this color in Sage. At first swatch I was not happy. All I could see was glitter and a hint of muddied green. It transferred easily too. I decided to use a paint pot primer and give it a go. I used a 217 mac brush and dabbed it in the color. I have to say that once I put the color on I fell in love. I think I am more in love with the color rather than the product- still unsure. I used it alone because once I tried adding other colors it muddied up and I had to start again. This to me is a product for people on the go who need a long lasting product. It felt creamy and powdery and was also easily applied with the fingers. I would like to try one more color out as well as a 14 hr work day to really give it a proper review. So far so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Valla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love these! I have Endless Pearl (a nude shade that matches my skin very well, no noticable shimmer on me), Iced Latte (a shimmery pale beige), and Bronzed Taupe (a shimmery brownish taupe).

The pigmentation and intensity is very good. I actually do a base layer of Iced Latte, then blend in a tiny bit of Bronzed Taupe to get a lighter color. (The straight Bronzed Taupe is too intense on me, plain Iced Latte a little pale). I use the Endless Pearl as a highlight.

The texture is very nice, and the wear time is incredible. I don't know about 24 hours, but these easily last 12 hours on me with no primer. (Which is great, because it cuts down on application time).

I'll definitely buy replacements when mine run out (which might be awhile, a little goes a long way). I'll probably stock up if I find them on sale. I really want to get more colors to experiment with.

And if you want to try these, but find the colors a bit intense, try blending them, like I do.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Some of the US shades for this line are the same thing with different names, and some are different shades altogether. So to prevent a lot of confusion I just started a new review. Today I bought Amber Rush and Perpetual Purple. Amber Rush is a metallic rose gold, and the Perpetual Purple is a shimmering jewel tone purple. There is some buzz that these are the same formula as Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill shadows, and they probably are. Only these shades are a lot more basic and easy to wear. While the Armani are more unique, Loreal wasn't willing to take the chance. Besides, they own both companies and the Armani line would suffer if you can get the same thing for a cheaper price. These are wearable and still gorgeous. Keep the press pad they come with because it keeps the shadow fresh looking and possibly from drying out. The texture is like a gel to powder. Not cream to powder, such as MAC Paint Pots. I've had Amber Rush on my lids for a few hours with no primer and it's held up. I don't wear makeup for a whole day to test it out, but I have combination to dry skin. Oily skin might need a primer. I prefer the Infallible shadows far more than the Maybelline Color Tattoo, which are cream shadows. These were completely worth the $8. I've uploaded pics of all twelve shades.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No