August 30, 2014 | 934 users online

Mascara - Borghese - Superiore State-Of-The-Art Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2005 11:47:00 PM More reviews by TVNewsLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Separates and lengthens my lashes really well, but don't wear it if you plan to watch a sad movie...it will run away from you SO quickly! Packaging is great...the mascara doesn't cram itself near the opening.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2005 9:37:00 PM More reviews by 11jenn11

My favorite mascara! Gives a really natural look and defines each and every lash. I love how there is just enough product on the brush when you pull it out, and there's no need for the usual wipe-down. I apply this in a zig-zag fashion from base to tip, building the lashes several times over while they're still wet, and I'm rewarded with seemingly multiplied, fluffy looking lashes and no flakes- Just lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2004 10:23:00 PM More reviews by kazberry

Ok, I realize my previous review (see the scrolling marquee below) wasn't very descriptive so I'll try and do Borghese Superiore State-Of-The-Art Mascara some justice now:It's gentle. It doesn't irritate my eyes one little bit. It lengthens beautifully. It thickens without clumping. I think it may even curl my lashes. It lasts all day yet it comes off easily with a good eye-makeup remover. THE PACKAGING IS GORGEOUS! And yes, if you purchase the two-for-one package at Costco, the price is very reasonable.Now do you understand? Best Mascara Ever. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2004 7:05:00 PM More reviews by killjoy14

This was great at first, but it gave me raccoon eyes after just a couple of hours of wear. It gives a pretty natural look but can probably be built up. I love the brush. It's very full and dense. Very easy to apply. The price all depends on where you get it. I think it's regularly about $18.50 at most stores, but you can get a 2 pack of it at costco for $20.00. I won't be buying this again though. I need something that can last beyond breakfst. I think I'll try it with my Urban Decay lingerie and galoshes to see if that helps at all.UPDATE: Using with lingerie and galoshes helps but it's a lot of steps for everyday wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2004 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ldrnieva

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I first bought this mascara on recommendation from my favorite newsgroup (alt.fashion). I adore this mascara-- I've tried many. Some people think it's *just* the packaging. And although it does have really nice packaging, it does an even better job with my lashes. I have really sparse lashes that don't curl so I need all the help I can get. This mascara does it all. It gives me volume, lengthens, thickens and it doesn't clump. I'm so happy that they have it at Costco where I can get 2 for the price of 1.. woohoo!! This mascara and the Prescriptives False Lashes Plush mascara are both winners in my book.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2004 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Chadbunny

I don't know what the fuss about this one is, it doesn't stay on well, it leaves black under your eyes and does not add any length or volume to your lashes. yuck!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2004 11:11:00 AM More reviews by GimmeMore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Disappointing. I found it didn't build and by mid-morning it looked like I hadn't applied mascara! I'm back to my old regulars, but hate to pitch it because the tube is so pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2004 12:23:00 PM More reviews by dramaprincess613

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a pretty good mascara. The packaging is gorgeous. It's very "plush" in texture. It's also scented, which I found different, but pleasent in a mascara. It volumizes but not as much as I wanted it to. It didn't give me the false eyelash look I wanted. I probably wouldn't buy it again because I don't think it did anything that other mascaras don't, but if you like pretty packaging or hate chemical smelling mascaras, this is worth trying.
*EDIT* I've been using this more and the more I use it, the more I like it. It volumizes more that I originally thought. It doesn't clump on me and makes my lashes look great. I think I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2004 4:18:00 PM More reviews by threemermaids

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great mascara! Virtually no clumping! No weird smell, and the packaging is very luxurious. Easy to remove and it didn't make my lashes fall out! I would love it even more if it didn't flake after a few hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2004 11:01:00 PM More reviews by evilxelf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My mom gave me this mascara and at first I loved it. The application was smooth and it didn't clump, but it took out my curl. Because I didn't pay for it myself, I cant complain too much. EDIT: I decided to give this another chance and I love it! This is a great natural looking mascara. I tried it once w/o curling my lashes and it gave them a little lift. But when I curled my lashes, it was lovely. I have like three tubes of this all over my house (my mom bought them from Costco), I'm glad I gave this another chance!