October 25, 2014 | 1873 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by poohbear9549

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my favorite tinted lip balms. Though I love the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters, I believe that these two products shouldn't be compared since the Lip Butter are marketed as lipsticks while the L'Oreal ones are marketed as sheer balms.
The formula of these balms is very light and glossy. No film is left behind and wear is very comfortable. They also do not accentuate lip lines or flakiness. These are moisturizing to a certain extent. I took off one lippie because these could not replace a regular lip balm in my opinion.
Color ranges from sheer to semi-sheer. Caramel Comfort (#819) is a darker nude with gold shimmer. It is probably the most pigmented out of the ones I own. Pink Satin (#118) is a sheer baby pink. Rose Elixir (#218) is a pinky rose shade. It is a great MLBB color and it is my favorite out of the ones that I own. Caring Coral (#418) is a reddish coral blush color. Nourishing Nude (#818) is a medium tone brown. This color gives me a great pinky nude lip look, as it mostly mutes the redness of my lips. These seem to last anywhere from 1-2 hours. I recommend these to anyone who is looking for a lip balm, NOT a lipstick or lip color. If you are looking for a comfortable, light lip color, I recommend the Maybelline Color Whisper line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Rose Elixir. The colour is a fairly sheer pink, good for a natural look but a bit lacking if you're after a more vibrant colour. This is a nice product to wear on a very light makeup day. The texture is soft and smooth and is reasonably moisturizing, not thick and goopy like Revlon's lip butter. I definitely prefer this formula to Revlon's, and would like to try a deeper colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by flixbix

Purchased this in Nourishing Nude. Love, love, love the color and moisturizing power. Makes my lips look beautiful. The only downside--tastes. kinda. gross.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by DariaDorota

I was looking to buy another Revlon Lip Butter but the Walgreens I went to didn't have the shade I wanted. I decided to check out the L'Oreal "equivalents" . I got the shade "180 Pink Satin". I'm super disappointed. Yes, it is very moisturizing, but there is no color pay off. It seemed like the perfect shade for me in the bullet.. It does not compare to Revlon lip butters at all. I will not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by arnoldc5

I bought this product so that I could compare it to my beloved Revlon Lip Butters. I bought Colour Riche #418 in Caring Coral hoping for a beautiful pink/orange shade for the spring -- I have mixed feelings. I love that the product is very moisturizing and hydrating on my lips however, there is little to know color pay off/pigmentation in the balm itself.

I am obsessed with Revlon Lip Butter and was simply curious to try L'Oreal's response to Revlon. I would re-purchase this product again BUT I am going to try some of the more mauve-like colors to see if there is better color pay off.

In all honesty, this was an un-researched purchase, which I rarely do, and I think that the product wears well, just lacks pigmentation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by topni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is really trying for me for some reason. I hate to say but I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

While I adore Fresh Sugar Plum lip balm, at $22 a pop and lasting less than a month, I decided to try to find something that would produce similar results (soften my lips, which chap easily, and give a little bit of pop). The CVS on the corner was having a BOGO on L'Oreal lip products, so I picked up Comforting Caramel and Nourishing Nude.

I really like these. The color is there but subtle (similar to FSP balm in that it just adds a hint of color) and so far seems to be very moisturizing and longer lasting than the FSP balm. I don't detect any sparkle or glitter (another reason I loved the FSP balm, no glittery effect). I put it on about 4 hours ago and haven't had to reapply it and my lips feel moist and soft.

Although not as great as FSP balm, at one-third the price, I'm willing to make a little bit of a sacrifice. I do intend to pick up the Berry color of this product just to see how the color compares to FSP but, as of right now, I'm kicking FSP to the curb in favor of L'Oreal's Colour Riche Balm, what with similar results and the ability to get 3 for the price of 1 FSP.

Maybe drugstore products aren't so bad after all.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by herbgurl82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the Plush Plum shade. Such a pretty color! It goes on shimmery at first, but soon morphs into a very nice MLBB. My only complaint is that if your lips have dry patches, it clings to them, making the color go on patchy. The packaging is also irritating. However, minus these two things, I love this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by horatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This starts out well (I have plush plum) with a gorgeous but subtle MLBB color and a natural sheen. Thats about it. The sheen wears off very quickly leaving a plummish, matte, finish that doesnt look good on my already dry lips. Quickly after that, the color wears off.
It is more moisturising than Revlon lip butters but not hydrating enough to replace my lip balm and not pigmented enough for even a MLBB color unless I reapply a lot.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Honeybunches84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the store I tried the colours out on my hand and they looked great. It looked nice and moisturizing and had lots of shine. As soon as I got home and put it on my lips, I had to take it off right away. The taste was horrible. Iíve never had a lip balm taste so bad. I wiped it off and returned it the next day. Too bad because the colors were what I was looking for but I couldnít stand to wear it because of the taste. I even had to brush my teeth after to get rid of it.