April 19, 2014 | 1880 users online

Sunscreen - L'Oreal - Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen Liquid Silk Sunshield For Face SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by ThreeAngels3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This sunscreen is perfect for my oily skin! I've tried several other sunscreens for facial skin and all have left a greasy film and felt heavy. Sublime Sun is a liquid, feels like silk, glides on smoothly, absorbs quickly, and feels weightless. I'll be using this regularly.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by AmyFehr157

I wanted to like this soo much. I really needed a sunblock for my very sunburn-prone face, espeically sitting outside in the glaring sun for my kids' baseball games. I love that this is matte on my more oily face and that it blended in well and disappeared under makeup, but it broke me out horribly! I had tiny whiteheads allll over my face after using this twice! It took me weeks to get my face back to 'normal'. I do have sensitive skin and will break out fairly easily to a 'bad' product, but I don't feel like something should break out a person that much! What a bummer! And I told my husband I thought I had found THE facial sunblock for us for the summer! I'm unfortunately taking this to the beach with me this weekend b/c I have no other facial sunblock solutions, but am not looking forward to the face full of zits ahead of me! On the good side, this did keep me from burning. If it matters with a broken-out face!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Now this is one remarkable product!

A lightweight liquid with superior protection,
a natural finish,
not much discernable scent,
and feels like nothing after application.

I've used other products.. 'other' being an operative word:
most sunscreens are heavy..
but necessary.

Holy Grail? Most assuredly.
AND... no breakout!

They need a bigger bottle of this...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by goopycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a nice face sunscreen that I could use this summer that did not get heavy on my face. I saw commercials for L'Oreal's new Sublime Sun products and of course I ended up here to see if the products are actually good. This is the only one reviewed on MUA and had a good rating. I had never tried a liquid SS before so I was interested. I bought this on sale at target for about 7 bucks.
I've worn it for a week and it's a nice product. It absorbs super quickly and the fragrance of SS is not overbearing. It seems to have ingredients that actually protect against the sun. The only thing is this can give you a shine after a fear hours if you have oily skin and I do, but the shine isn't really that bad. This is my first liquid sunscreen and I'm very impressed and most likely will repurchased! Love this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

Love this product.

I had used Clinique sunscreens over the years and have always disliked the greasy outcome they produce. And with sensitive skin, I'm always leery of new products, given the likely outcome of a major allergic skin issue.

However, this is like a dream come true for me. Light, non-greasy application, doesn't interfere with makeup or moisturizer, and protects my skin very well. I also like the packaging - it's easy for me to get the right amount for application without any waste.

I've been using this about a month and have nothing but good things to say about it.

Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

A truly elegant product in application and texture. As a liquid you might be concerned that it isn't doing its job but with 50 SPF you are getting all day protection with the finish of a primer. Slight shine enhances makeup.; this has made my Laura Mercier mineral foundation look even better. On very humid days I don't use a moisturizer (why?) just a sunscreen and then my foundation. Other sunscreens were all too heavy and sticky - Neutrogena, CeraVe, Paula's Choice, Eucerin, Clinique - down the line. But this is a dream come true.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im so surprised to like this. I cannot wear 99% of sunscreens out there because I have very oily skin and I'm breakout prone. I was first very scared of the ingredient stated, but something about this product that has kept my skin protected, with no adverse side affects. I've been wearing this for 2 solid weeks, and I'm loving this!! The price is insanely low for the quality and performance of this product. And the fact its water resistant is even better! I hope it doesnt get discontinued.
(Just don't get it near your eyes, it burns.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Lisr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I generally don't write reviews, but I felt like I had to for this product. I have had a couple of pre-cancerous places on my face the derm had to remove. He told me to ALWAYS wear a sunscreen of 30 or greater on my face. I am pretty oily and always hated the way most sunscreens felt and how they contributed to my oilyness. I would cheat and not wear anything but dinky SPF 15 foundation. Then feel guilty and horrified at the sun spots that would pop up on my face. I have tried a million sunscreens. I liked some of the more expensive ones ok, but really did not want to keep paying that much for sunscreen. So, on my eternal quest to find an affordable sunscreen that I would actually wear, I saw the Sublime Sun for face at Target. This stuff is wonderful. It goes on matte and stays matte. It makes a great primer for my mineral or liquid foundation. I have worn it daily for a week now and no breakouts or problems or guilt for not wearing my sunscreen. HA!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

In the past i have tried and never been able to use a sunscreen on my face that does not make my skin burn from chemicals or break out after just a few hours of wear! Hello to Loreal Sublime. I have even tried Neutrogena sunscreen and it makes me break out. This sunscreen is amazing! I got a sample at Walgreens and had to go and buy a full size container b/c I am in love with it. Living in Arizona there is sun year round and I absolutely HAVE to have sunscreen under my makeup or in my makeup.
Packaging: The sun kissed color of the box and bottle is very attractive. I really like the lid which is secure, and the small hole for the product to come out of which dispenses the amount needed and not more.
Application: Goes on super smoothly and acts as a primer under makeup with silica. NO white look when applies and instead gives my skin an amazing glow!
I have nothing bad to say about this product! It wears well throughout the day and I have not gotten the oily spots even though i am heavily oily in my t zone and dry in other areas. Would recommend AND buy again! Way to go Loreal!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ecisabella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm very pale and wear sunscreens daily. I was attracted to this product because of a review that said it could also double as a primer because it has silica in it. As my usual primer has silica, I didn't think that would be a problem.

This product broke me out. Nothing breaks me out. Ever. So imagine my shock when pimples started erupting on my nose and I got a cystic pimple on my cheek. So clearly something about this product did not work for me.

This pros for this product are that it spread very well (the product is very thin) and dries to a soft finish, which does work well for layering under makeup. Which you'll be using a lot of, to cover up the breakouts ...