July 28, 2014 | 1979 users online

Sunscreen - L'Oreal - Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen Liquid Silk Sunshield For Face SPF 50 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by MissTorg

I love this product! I have naturally oily skin, so I'm always searching for a sunscreen that doesn't make be look even more oily than I already am. This product sinks into my skin quickly and dries to an almost powdery finish. I love it and highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by SPogue1

I have finally found my HG sunscreen for my face. I love this! Works beautifully with or without make up. Does not sting eyes, and does not make me look like I have bathed in canola oil by noon. Every other sunscreen I have tried for my face has made me super oily despite using a whole package of blotting papers. I have not burned once since using this but I am also applying every 2 hours when out in the water. Even with this heavy usage it does not cause break outs, build up, or greasy residue. Package is perfect for throwing in your beach/lake bag and you dont have to worry about it spilling beacuse the screw on cap secures tightly. Also a little goes a long way, seems kind of expensive up front but i have been using my bottle for a month (once a day during the week and several times a day during the weekend at the lake) and I am confident this bottle will last the rest of the summer if not longer. If you haven't found you HG facial sunscreen I suggest giving this a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Lolat81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this sunscreen for a vacation in the keys and wore it everyday on my face! It felt so nice going on. Like silk. Not greasy at all unlike most sunscreens even facial ones. I really like the packaging . You get a small bottle but it's a thin liquid and a little goes along way so it will last forever! It smells nice and it's not overpowering. After a full day of biking and sweating and being outsidenmy face still looked matte! Like applying clear makeup or something! It is a great product. I would def recommend! Plus it SPF 50 which I wouldn't put on anything less on my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by ThreeAngels3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This sunscreen is perfect for my oily skin! I've tried several other sunscreens for facial skin and all have left a greasy film and felt heavy. Sublime Sun is a liquid, feels like silk, glides on smoothly, absorbs quickly, and feels weightless. I'll be using this regularly.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by AmyFehr157

I wanted to like this soo much. I really needed a sunblock for my very sunburn-prone face, espeically sitting outside in the glaring sun for my kids' baseball games. I love that this is matte on my more oily face and that it blended in well and disappeared under makeup, but it broke me out horribly! I had tiny whiteheads allll over my face after using this twice! It took me weeks to get my face back to 'normal'. I do have sensitive skin and will break out fairly easily to a 'bad' product, but I don't feel like something should break out a person that much! What a bummer! And I told my husband I thought I had found THE facial sunblock for us for the summer! I'm unfortunately taking this to the beach with me this weekend b/c I have no other facial sunblock solutions, but am not looking forward to the face full of zits ahead of me! On the good side, this did keep me from burning. If it matters with a broken-out face!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Now this is one remarkable product!

A lightweight liquid with superior protection,
    a natural finish,
    not much discernable scent,
    and feels like nothing after application.

I've used other products.. 'other' being an operative word:
    most sunscreens are heavy..
    but necessary.

Holy Grail? Most assuredly.
    AND... no breakout!

They need a bigger bottle of this...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by goopycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a nice face sunscreen that I could use this summer that did not get heavy on my face. I saw commercials for L'Oreal's new Sublime Sun products and of course I ended up here to see if the products are actually good. This is the only one reviewed on MUA and had a good rating. I had never tried a liquid SS before so I was interested. I bought this on sale at target for about 7 bucks.
    I've worn it for a week and it's a nice product. It absorbs super quickly and the fragrance of SS is not overbearing. It seems to have ingredients that actually protect against the sun. The only thing is this can give you a shine after a fear hours if you have oily skin and I do, but the shine isn't really that bad. This is my first liquid sunscreen and I'm very impressed and most likely will repurchased! Love this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

Love this product.

I had used Clinique sunscreens over the years and have always disliked the greasy outcome they produce. And with sensitive skin, I'm always leery of new products, given the likely outcome of a major allergic skin issue.

However, this is like a dream come true for me. Light, non-greasy application, doesn't interfere with makeup or moisturizer, and protects my skin very well. I also like the packaging - it's easy for me to get the right amount for application without any waste.

I've been using this about a month and have nothing but good things to say about it.

Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

A truly elegant product in application and texture. As a liquid you might be concerned that it isn't doing its job but with 50 SPF you are getting all day protection with the finish of a primer. Slight shine enhances makeup.; this has made my Laura Mercier mineral foundation look even better. On very humid days I don't use a moisturizer (why?) just a sunscreen and then my foundation. Other sunscreens were all too heavy and sticky - Neutrogena, CeraVe, Paula's Choice, Eucerin, Clinique - down the line. But this is a dream come true.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im so surprised to like this. I cannot wear 99% of sunscreens out there because I have very oily skin and I'm breakout prone. I was first very scared of the ingredient stated, but something about this product that has kept my skin protected, with no adverse side affects. I've been wearing this for 2 solid weeks, and I'm loving this!! The price is insanely low for the quality and performance of this product. And the fact its water resistant is even better! I hope it doesnt get discontinued.
    (Just don't get it near your eyes, it burns.)