August 1, 2014 | 1716 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Photoready 3D Volume

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Jujulaboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel that mascara is a very personal thing, and everyone has their own preference. The bristles are plastic and quite long and wrap all the way around the brush and to the tip, making it easy to get the inner and outer corner of the lashes. The formula is very black (I got mine in 001.) The formula is very wet and I personally like the look it gives my lashes. Even though it is a wet formula with plastic bristles, it still doesn't make your lashes look harsh or brittle. It gives lashes amazing definition, seriously, it makes every lash have its own little place, and pretty average length and volume. This is my all time favorite mascara and I'd recommend it if definition is what you're looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by CookiesAndCats

I was really impressed with this mascara! I got it on sale for $6.99, so it was quite a cheap product, and very good quality for the price. I was looking for a new volumizing mascara, and I wanted to avoid brushes similar to the L'Oreal Voluminous mascara, because I find they offer no definition and can be very clumpy. The packaging is nothing special, but the wand on this looked appealing, and it turned out to be even better than I expected. It creates a good amount of volume and definition. I apply a few swipes of it all over my lashes, and then, holding the wand almost vertically, use the little bristles at the tip of the brush to get at the lashes near the corners of my eyes. It was not clumpy, did not flake, and it held a curl the best of any mascara I have tried. I do not use an eyelash curler (although I keep intending to buy one, just haven't gotten around to it yet), and this mascara kept my eyelashes curled for the entire day. I would recommend this mascara, and will probably repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Missyboo1287

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only mascara I have ever tried where one tiny coat makes my lashes look huge. I like to use it when I am in a rush because its very dark and makes my lashes full and long with one coat. However, it does NOT hold a curl no matter what I do which is so frustrating because when I curl my lashes and use this it looks beautiful, but the curl falls out right away. It also flakes a little onto my under eye area. Otherwise I love this brush and the way it makes my lashes look for the first 5 min haha. I still reach for it though when I am in a rush but it doesn't hold curl like say, covergirl lash blast waterproof or l'oreal voluminous million lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by drbrn_grl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

As we all do, I've been on the search for a great mascara. I love the way the Cover Girl Clump Crusher looks on my lashes -- but it flakes after a very short time. So the search continues.

I bought this (the waterproof version) on an impulse purchase. I think CVS was doing a buy 1, get 1 at 50% off on Revlon a few weeks ago. I used the mascara several times and just thought it was okay, but nothing special.

Until today -- I had a meeting in the morning and used this. Came home and spent time working outside (cutting the lawn, weeding, etc.) The temperature outside was comfortable (high 50s) but it was full sun and I got plenty sweaty in no time.

This stuff didn't budge. It didn't flake, smear or smudge. I was kind of astonished. It even kept the curl in my lashes. I also ended up watching the end of a sad movie while I was eating my lunch and shed a few tears. It did smudge a bit, but probably I would be the only one who would notice since it was so minor.

I will say that I'm blessed with dark, fairly full lashes, so I'm not looking for a lot in a mascara. I just want my eyelashes but better. For me, this gives just the right amount of volume and length. However, for someone who wanted more than that, I can't say how this would work.

I am also a contact lens wearer and this has never irritated my eyes in any way.

Glad I kept using it to see how much it really works. :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Katesheep

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is the best one I've ever tried. It was on discount at Myer because I had purchased other revlon items and I decided to give it a go. It separates my lashes and doesn't clump, I like a very natural look and this does just that but it is buildable. I may or may not buy it again because I think it's overpriced for a mascara, it'll depend if I feel like splurging or not hahaha

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by IrynaHarpy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a freebie with purchases made at Chemist Warehouse (actually, my husband got it as I would have just told them to save it for someone who actually wanted it). I would never have purchased this mascara for two reasons: I use waterproof or water-resistant mascara exclusively due to dribble-eye; the only products Revlon have ever been any good at are foundations & powders.

I couldn't resist trying it because of the brush and was really pleasantly surprised. I've always favoured comb-style applicators for mascara because they're the best at coating every lash & building for length & volume while keeping the lashes separated & avoiding fibre buildup sticking out in every direction except upwards. Admittedly, I've tried the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in waterproof which has the same style of brush but is a disaster due to the formula - the fibres adhere to each other and build on themselves so you end up with a fan of ragtaggle lashes springing halfway out of each other like twiggy bushes.

No, it doesn't build volume, only length. I usually like to go ballistic and build up several layers to produce volume. Try that with this mascara and you'll have spider legs (albeit straight, unclumped spider legs) past the top of your eyebrows... and I have short lashes! I decided to try for a mere 3 layers today and they're very, very long without looking scruffy, but there's no volume worth noting.

This is my fourth or fifth use and I still haven't experienced any fallout or panda eyes as others have noted. It's a Sunday & I've only done my usual cleansing & moisturising: I have oily skin around my eyes and T-zone &haven't got anything else on other than a bit of lipstick (no primers on face or eyes; no foundation; no setting powder).

Yes, I wear contacts but this mascara hasn't caused any irritation or dropped pieces into my eyes to lodge under them. I wear reading glasses but, if I'm going for long, long lashes I perch them just beneath my nose as any lengthening mascaras are going to catch and flake (or, at the least, be really annoying brushing against the lens, just as false eyelashes would drive me batty if I wore my glasses close to them).

What I DON'T like about 3D Volume is that the tiniest bit of watering from the eyes whips it straight off. You can't even do a quick blot with a tissue and keep your eye open until it dries out and resets: it's gone virtually immediately. This is strange considering that it managed to withstand humidity, oiliness and sweaty conditions on other days I experimented with it.

I'd almost be tempted to try out the waterproof version but many years of experience with Revlon mascaras has taught me that they're shockers to remove. I use good waterproof eyemakeup removers that don't have any problems dissolving any other brand of waterproof mascara. Revlon waterproof mascaras require inordinate amounts of remover, cleansing and tugging at the delicate skin around the eyes to remove. Even then, they always leave a bit of residue you didn't know was there until you wake up the following morning only to discover dark patches directly under the lower lashes.

WHO WOULD IT BE GOOD FOR? It'd be a very good mascara for someone who doesn't have problems with watery eyes and has short lashes with a bit of volume in the first instance. It really does create length and great everyday lashes that don't look like clumps of mascara - all this in moments. Seriously, two layers really does the trick & I think we all love as many quick and failproof cosmetics to cut down our everyday makeup routines. I haven't tried it with eyelash primer as it isn't a keeper for me simply because it isn't waterproof, but that might just be the clincher for volume.

WHAT DO I REALLY LOVE ABOUT IT? I LOVE the brush. IT'S A KEEPER! Why are we moving back to the fat, clumsy brushes that slather mascara over our eyelashes quickly but just create clumpy messes? I don't care whether they're curved, straight or any other variation on the theme because they all create messy lashes. I'm keeping this brush to use as part of my lash comb and disposable wand collection. It's going to be much faster to separate a clump than grabbing a comb and working out which way it should be facing. By the time I work it out, the clump has dried too much to do anything other than try to comb it out, thereby yanking at the lashes.

PS I don't give mascaras more that 4 lippies simply because I've never found one that really performs the way I'd like it do.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought this on a whim at Walmart mainly because it is waterproof. It did nothing for my lashes other than tint them a light black. Waste of $8.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Even when I don't wear my glasses, this always, without fail, smudges and flakes onto my upper eyelid and beneath my eyes before I even make it out the door. Sometimes it transfers onto my CHEEKS. It's a nice consistency (a little wet of a formula, but nothing too drastic; it was VERY thin when I first opened the tube, and hardly any deposited onto the brush, but it's thickened up a bit, and the perfect amount is dispersed onto the brush now) and it does give my lashes nice separation and length. I like the square packaging and the brush IS quite similar to the Benefit They're Real brush. However, I can NEVER keep this stuff on my lashes, and my lashes ONLY, without it flaking off in less than 10 minutes! The regular Photoready 3D and the waterproof version were on sale at my local grocery store for $2 and some change, but...I didn't read reviews on it first, and I'm now regretting that, because that's 2 bucks down the drain....

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by jaseyrae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this hoping it would be a dupe for Benefit's They're Real, as the wands are very similar.
I like this mascara but do not like it enough to repurchase.
It gives good volume and separation, but the bristles on the wand poke my eyes at the base of my lashes and it is a little uncomfortable.
This also flakes on me after I wear it for a long period of time.
If I scratch or rub my eye/eyelid/lashes at all it flakes too.
This also smudges on me when I wear a hydrating under eye concealer.
Not a bad mascara, but I didn't love it.
There are better drugstore mascaras for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

I am a mascara fanatic... let me tell you. so i am rather picky when it comes down to me loving a mascara. Did i love this product? For a drug store mascara, YES. I am not a huge fan of revlon make-up because I think that its a bit over-priced (for being in a drug store), but after reading some reviews I thought I would give it a go. At Ulta, almost all of their revlon make up was buy one get one 50% off- a huge find ig your looking to try something new but dont want to pay full price. As a matter of fact, cover girl and lorel were also buy one get one 50% off, and they allowed me to mix and match brands- so I bought my staple makeup and tried a few new products at half off. When shopping at Ulta, they tell you that you are not able to mix and match, but if you read the cupon/advertisment- it says that you are able to (just a little heads up, for those that shop at Ulta). The pros about the mascara: I loved the bottle, and more importantly loved thr mascara wand. It was rather small and pliable/bendable. It made it really easy to get those itty bitty lashes, and those in the corners without covering your eyes and face with mascara. The brush bends so when you take it out of the tube, you can easily tilt it and adjust the amount of product you want on the wand. This is a must for me because i want more product when applying to my top lashes and less with the bottom... so it was easy to make the adjustment. I love that it comes in numerous colors (most of them in store, but a few I found were online only). You can get it in different shades of black, blue and brown- for those who want a spicific match, or others who want to try something new... I always hated that most of the brands that sell the funky colors of mascara usually suck, either i hate the wand, or the consistency of the product doesnt work well. I wish that blues and burgandys would always be a staple for colors of mascara, but this is the first mainstream brand that I have come across that has some edgy colors. I loved the consistency of the product, that it was right in the middle of not too thick, not too thin. It was easy to get the perfect amount on the wand, and onto my lashes without clumping and drying too fast. I love that it was so easy to build with this mascara, depending upon how dramatic you want your look to be. With that being said, after applying one layer, i got good length and a reasonable amount of volume. This mascara would work well for your everyday, but I use something with more volume and drama for nightime. Overall, this was very solid, and after a few days of using it- I will be purchasing it again after I run out. I will reccomend this product to anyone who is looking for your everyday mascara wear and use- looking for a mascara that gives you more of a natural look. If you looking for a mascara that will give you more of a falsies appearance- I would look for something else..