September 23, 2014 | 1418 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Triacneal

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by thehermit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Probably the best spot and localized area acne treatment I've used for whiteheads blackheads and smaller breakouts. I apply each night to areas where a bump is beginning to rise and part of my jawline where I used to get frequent acne. I don't put on a lot and I smooth in pretty well. I don't always notice the bumps being smaller in the morning but usually they aren't any bigger and after a couple of more nights they go away. They don't come to a head, they just kind of dry up pretty much leaving no scar. The are on my jaw where I have applied consistently no longer breaks out much.

I'm not crazy about the smell or color, but since it's used only at night (it has glycolic acid and an advanced retinol in it), it's not too much of an issue.

I bought this on pharmamundi which is by far the cheapest way to get it in the US. The tube has lasted a pretty long time, since I use it in small areas and don't put on too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

Edit Aug 23 2012: Skin still improving. Still getting 2-3 TTOTM spots, but I can live with that. Post acne pigmentation is less, congested pores are almost 100% gone. I'm actually only using a few dots of foundation as cover up under my pressed powder, if that. It's awesome. With this product I have noticed that a small pea sized dab really will do my whole face. I'm not sure if it's my imagination but if I use a thicker layer as opposed to thinner, I seem to get more spots. So more is not better. A tube is lasting my approximately 3 months. This is literally a lifesaver. My skin hasn't looked so good since my mid 20s. ...................................Edit: July 28 2012: Still works, almost clear now, congestion is minimal and so is my foundation use. Squee! --------------------------------I think I have my HG pm treatment here. Bought with Cleanance Soapless Gel and the thermal water spray. I have used this about six weeks now, and while I'm still purging a bit (I had horrid congestion in my pores and tend to break out from a tonne of cosmetic ingredients). At first I was sticker shocked that such a small tube was so pricey, but really was at wit's end. I half half a tube left after six weeks so that's not bad at all, actually. I use a thin layer over my entire face after cleansing, a pssst of thermal water and toning with DIY vit C serum. I am not totally clear yet but getting there slowly. I tried Rx Retinoids and the Dermaglow 10% glycolic peel in the past at different times and both left me with skin in worse shape than before. So yeah, was nervous about the glycolic and retinaldehyde in this. Other than mild stinging and redness on application, and the mild purge I've had (nothing compared to my bad experience on Rx retinoids), this leaves me with calmed and more even, clear skin each morning. I hope to be able to skip foundation in a month or so, as currently I just spot cover under pressed powder - big improvement! The yellow cast it has doesn't bug me at all since I have very pale olive skin with yellowish undertones. This has also been clearing out blackheads I didn't even know I had, they slough off when I wash each morning. I can deal with the purge this is giving me because I think I can actually see an end in sight. I still broke out TTOTM, but the fallout was half as troublesome as usual. Will update as I progress (hopefully not regress)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by BernieR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After 2 weeks using this product, i can tell, it works.Got rid of my small bumps on my cheeks and forehead,my skin has not been that clear for really long time.I only use it every second night because its a bit drying, but its worth it.would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really impressed! I've been using Differin faithfully for over 5 years and while it was great for skin tone, I was still getting a few breakouts. After reading reviews, I picked up Triacneal at Shoppers for approximately $35 CDN- to me quite reasonable for such an effective product. I've been using it for a few weeks and have had NO breakouts at all! No dryness, no irritation and I have very sensitive, acne-prone, 30-something combination skin. It can be hard to spread, so I add some water to my hand with a small amount of product and it spreads perfectly. My skin looks smoother, clearer, less oily and not at all dry. The tone has also improved. What a fantastic product, I highly recommend! I will certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by IsabellaDubose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this daily except on my cheeks which I use every other day. I have severely clogged pores and some milia. Even on the first day of usage you'll likely see whiteheads being pushed to the surface of the skin the next morning.this tells me it's working. I don't feel any tingling although it stings very badly on open acne wounds. Right now I'm probably undergoing the purging phase with a lot of tiny whiteheads being pushed to the surface. They resemble acne but do not hurt. It costs S$44 after discount. I already bought a second bottle cause im confident it works with the retinaldehyde which penetrates deeply into the skin layers to exfoliate the skin. It does nothing on existing pimples I believe. It's enough to make me give up all other products for just this alone. Worth buying despite the pricey 30ml bottle. Oh, and the packaging is very hygienic with a long narrow nozzle. You do not need to apply liberally. A thin layer will suffice.
EDIT: I tried applying it as a spot treatment on a few huge zits I got from eating too much junk food. The next day you will be able to see the inflammation being pushed to the surface and by the third day it's flattened. I don't see it reducing pimple scarring though, but it's good at getting rid of clogs.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OK, I have finally got my perfect skin care down (Clarins has done it)...but I'm still worried about some hormonal breakouts or clogged pores every now and then from make-up. This stuff is absolutely AMAZING!

Where was this in my teens? When my children hit their teens, this will be a main stay in the cabinet.

I use it on my chin every other night to keep on top of breakouts. If I do get a small "indiscretion" now, I just use this over night and in the morning...almost totally gone. It's that easy and that amazing!

So happy this is in my cupboard for those just in cases.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by choc2x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Worst product ever after a week of use it gave me non stop breakouts that took almost 2 years to clear up. I wanted to throw this at the MUAer who recommende me this. Never again take advises from other people.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only product I have *ever* used that actually made a big difference to my acne. My dermatologist said to use this after I'd used Epiduo for three months and got the worst of my acne under control. Well, this did so much more for my skin than Epiduo ever did (not much). My skin was noticeably smoother and got many fewer blemishes after using this for a while. Not nightly use as my skin's kind of sensitive. The fragrance is pretty nice but it does give you a slight orange cast. Sometimes I could feel some heat as I guess it was doing its work. So the only reason I'm not repurchasing is it contains retinal, which is rated 8 (highest hazard) in the Cosmetics Database. I think it even says on the box not to use in pregnancy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by lovemelikealovesong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for about two months in conjunction with other Avène products, and I love this. I get small red pimples on my forehead especially, and this helps dry them up hyper quick.

I put this on thickly, so you can't see the spot at all anymore, and once every two days just before I go to sleep. For me, this really does the trick as my acne isn't particularly bad, and my pimples aren't cystic. This is my HG product!

My only complaint is that it stains my pillow yellow. The packaging is good, and the tube it comes from has a thin opening so I like that. The color is kind of disgusting because it's yellow, but the smell's okay. A very good product, the best I've tried, and I've tried a LOT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good stuff. This clears up my acne (not quite overnight, but pretty quickly still). Then once it's cleared up I use Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair serum to get rid of scarring.

I used to have very bad acne, but since I have started using (only) Avene's micellar lotion for cleansing both morning and night (meaning I ONLY use that: no more removing makeup separately, lathering up, rinsing, toning etc... only the micellar lotion) I barely break out anymore. When I do, I can pinpoint exactly why... eating too much junk or drinking alcohol (even 2 glasses of wine will cause a face full of zits the next day). So when I do break out, apart from eating better and drinking more water and green tea, this and ANR are my go-to products to make me look presentable again in a few days.

Be careful though: this stuff might rub off on your pillow and stain it sort of yellow.

By the way I am reading in these reviews that this stuff costs like 60 USD in some places... WHAT?! Thankfully I live in Europe where a tube costs less than 15 EUR...