December 19, 2014 | 1591 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Triacneal

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

My skin is now da clearest it has been for yrs because of this product!!! I had acne since i was 14…and i have tried tons of stuffs and i have also tried a numbe of similar prescribed products which cost way more than this which i wasnt able to follow through for a long period of time to see result mostly because of too much irretations and didnt use it properly. After using it for less than a month, 90% of bumps on my face r gone. But i must emphasize its very important to use this with a simple and gentle skin care regime. I completely stopped doing any kind of mask and scrubbing during da cours of this product. If u have sensitive skin, i suggest to put this product on after a light moisturizer instead of before. Not just that it clearing out my skin but da dark spots that were left behind from a serious outbreak months ago are really fadingg!!!! Althought i still have pimples due to hormonal problems but wat this did for me is amazing enough for 5 lippies. My skin litterally look and feel better every morning…thx avene

UPDATE: Just like most acne treatment, my skin started to develop sensitivity over it and my skin becomes very dry and itchy with it so i had to stop.......

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by SkinCareAficionado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have no idea why this product has so many good reviews, I'm wondering if the people who have reviewed this have a handful of spots which don't pop up regularly.

My skin: I have moderate acne, I have closed comedones on the forehead, blackheads on the nose/surrounding cheek area. Hormones especially bring out spots, most are pustules but I get a handful of cystic ones which can last for 6 weeks or longer. Red pigmentation from past spots.

ONTO THE REVIEW: After using this for a month I noticed NO EFFECT on red pigmentation from old acne, NO effect on the closed comedones, NO effect on the blackheads, NO effect on current spots and certainly no prevention of new imperfection or acne. I didn't even get the initial breakout that others did, the only effect I had was a small amount of dryed, peeling skin on the end of my nose. This product (so far) has done nothing. I tried using only a pea sized amount as recommended, I tried using even more, no effect whatsoever. I have decided I'm going to wait another 2 months and will write again if there is a dramatic change, seriously unimpressed and not happy that I spent this much on a product that did nothing.

Other information about the product**
I bought this product as it states it helps to eliminate 'severe imperfections'. It should eliminate comedones (whiteheads/blackheads) and 'severe imperfections' brings to mind larger, more persistent spots (both pustules and nodular/cystic). Avene claims that after 2 months scars are reduced, imperfections vanished and skin regulated using 'Effectiose' funded by Pierre Fabre research laboratories to target irritation. 0.1% Retinaldehyde to regulate keritinisation (and forming of spots). Glycolic acid (10% may be lower - must wear SPF) to have a peeling effect to decongest the skin.

Ingredients: You can see the ingredients on their website - Glycolic acid appears behind water, cetyl alcohol, cyclomethicone, polysorbate 60, retinaldehyde is last on the list. It also contains alcohol denat (presumably so it is 'non-greasy') and perfume (smells medicinal) plus Avene Thermal water, and is a easily spread, amber coloured ointment texture.

Packaging: Comes in a shiny white tube with a small nozzle, standard Avene branding and in a box with an information leaflet and ingredients on the side.

Price: Very expensive. You get 30ml - not even a tube of toothpaste size, probably the size of an eye cream. £23 in the U.K.

EDIT************** haven't bothered using it anymore, biggest waste of money EVER.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 5:21:00 AM More reviews by azur77

Great product - I have dehydrated skin but lots of blackheads and had two cyst-like white-heads that I'd had for years and this has cleared them up in two months. I didn't buy it for ages because I thought it would dry out my already dry skin, but it doesn't at all. I've tried so many expensive products and now use this at night on the my cheeks, nose and chin, eluage on the other bits and Hydrance uv during the day. So simple and my skin looks and feels so much healthier. I live in Switzerland and stock up whenever I'm in France - reasonably inexpensive there, given it's a French product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by thehermit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Probably the best spot and localized area acne treatment I've used for whiteheads blackheads and smaller breakouts. I apply each night to areas where a bump is beginning to rise and part of my jawline where I used to get frequent acne. I don't put on a lot and I smooth in pretty well. I don't always notice the bumps being smaller in the morning but usually they aren't any bigger and after a couple of more nights they go away. They don't come to a head, they just kind of dry up pretty much leaving no scar. The are on my jaw where I have applied consistently no longer breaks out much.

I'm not crazy about the smell or color, but since it's used only at night (it has glycolic acid and an advanced retinol in it), it's not too much of an issue.

I bought this on pharmamundi which is by far the cheapest way to get it in the US. The tube has lasted a pretty long time, since I use it in small areas and don't put on too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

Edit Aug 23 2012: Skin still improving. Still getting 2-3 TTOTM spots, but I can live with that. Post acne pigmentation is less, congested pores are almost 100% gone. I'm actually only using a few dots of foundation as cover up under my pressed powder, if that. It's awesome. With this product I have noticed that a small pea sized dab really will do my whole face. I'm not sure if it's my imagination but if I use a thicker layer as opposed to thinner, I seem to get more spots. So more is not better. A tube is lasting my approximately 3 months. This is literally a lifesaver. My skin hasn't looked so good since my mid 20s. ...................................Edit: July 28 2012: Still works, almost clear now, congestion is minimal and so is my foundation use. Squee! --------------------------------I think I have my HG pm treatment here. Bought with Cleanance Soapless Gel and the thermal water spray. I have used this about six weeks now, and while I'm still purging a bit (I had horrid congestion in my pores and tend to break out from a tonne of cosmetic ingredients). At first I was sticker shocked that such a small tube was so pricey, but really was at wit's end. I half half a tube left after six weeks so that's not bad at all, actually. I use a thin layer over my entire face after cleansing, a pssst of thermal water and toning with DIY vit C serum. I am not totally clear yet but getting there slowly. I tried Rx Retinoids and the Dermaglow 10% glycolic peel in the past at different times and both left me with skin in worse shape than before. So yeah, was nervous about the glycolic and retinaldehyde in this. Other than mild stinging and redness on application, and the mild purge I've had (nothing compared to my bad experience on Rx retinoids), this leaves me with calmed and more even, clear skin each morning. I hope to be able to skip foundation in a month or so, as currently I just spot cover under pressed powder - big improvement! The yellow cast it has doesn't bug me at all since I have very pale olive skin with yellowish undertones. This has also been clearing out blackheads I didn't even know I had, they slough off when I wash each morning. I can deal with the purge this is giving me because I think I can actually see an end in sight. I still broke out TTOTM, but the fallout was half as troublesome as usual. Will update as I progress (hopefully not regress)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by BernieR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After 2 weeks using this product, i can tell, it works.Got rid of my small bumps on my cheeks and forehead,my skin has not been that clear for really long time.I only use it every second night because its a bit drying, but its worth it.would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really impressed! I've been using Differin faithfully for over 5 years and while it was great for skin tone, I was still getting a few breakouts. After reading reviews, I picked up Triacneal at Shoppers for approximately $35 CDN- to me quite reasonable for such an effective product. I've been using it for a few weeks and have had NO breakouts at all! No dryness, no irritation and I have very sensitive, acne-prone, 30-something combination skin. It can be hard to spread, so I add some water to my hand with a small amount of product and it spreads perfectly. My skin looks smoother, clearer, less oily and not at all dry. The tone has also improved. What a fantastic product, I highly recommend! I will certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by IsabellaDubose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this daily except on my cheeks which I use every other day. I have severely clogged pores and some milia. Even on the first day of usage you'll likely see whiteheads being pushed to the surface of the skin the next morning.this tells me it's working. I don't feel any tingling although it stings very badly on open acne wounds. Right now I'm probably undergoing the purging phase with a lot of tiny whiteheads being pushed to the surface. They resemble acne but do not hurt. It costs S$44 after discount. I already bought a second bottle cause im confident it works with the retinaldehyde which penetrates deeply into the skin layers to exfoliate the skin. It does nothing on existing pimples I believe. It's enough to make me give up all other products for just this alone. Worth buying despite the pricey 30ml bottle. Oh, and the packaging is very hygienic with a long narrow nozzle. You do not need to apply liberally. A thin layer will suffice.
EDIT: I tried applying it as a spot treatment on a few huge zits I got from eating too much junk food. The next day you will be able to see the inflammation being pushed to the surface and by the third day it's flattened. I don't see it reducing pimple scarring though, but it's good at getting rid of clogs.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OK, I have finally got my perfect skin care down (Clarins has done it)...but I'm still worried about some hormonal breakouts or clogged pores every now and then from make-up. This stuff is absolutely AMAZING!

Where was this in my teens? When my children hit their teens, this will be a main stay in the cabinet.

I use it on my chin every other night to keep on top of breakouts. If I do get a small "indiscretion" now, I just use this over night and in the morning...almost totally gone. It's that easy and that amazing!

So happy this is in my cupboard for those just in cases.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by choc2x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Worst product ever after a week of use it gave me non stop breakouts that took almost 2 years to clear up. I wanted to throw this at the MUAer who recommende me this. Never again take advises from other people.