July 30, 2014 | 1025 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Triacneal

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by BernieR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After 2 weeks using this product, i can tell, it works.Got rid of my small bumps on my cheeks and forehead,my skin has not been that clear for really long time.I only use it every second night because its a bit drying, but its worth it.would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really impressed! I've been using Differin faithfully for over 5 years and while it was great for skin tone, I was still getting a few breakouts. After reading reviews, I picked up Triacneal at Shoppers for approximately $35 CDN- to me quite reasonable for such an effective product. I've been using it for a few weeks and have had NO breakouts at all! No dryness, no irritation and I have very sensitive, acne-prone, 30-something combination skin. It can be hard to spread, so I add some water to my hand with a small amount of product and it spreads perfectly. My skin looks smoother, clearer, less oily and not at all dry. The tone has also improved. What a fantastic product, I highly recommend! I will certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by IsabellaDubose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this daily except on my cheeks which I use every other day. I have severely clogged pores and some milia. Even on the first day of usage you'll likely see whiteheads being pushed to the surface of the skin the next morning.this tells me it's working. I don't feel any tingling although it stings very badly on open acne wounds. Right now I'm probably undergoing the purging phase with a lot of tiny whiteheads being pushed to the surface. They resemble acne but do not hurt. It costs S$44 after discount. I already bought a second bottle cause im confident it works with the retinaldehyde which penetrates deeply into the skin layers to exfoliate the skin. It does nothing on existing pimples I believe. It's enough to make me give up all other products for just this alone. Worth buying despite the pricey 30ml bottle. Oh, and the packaging is very hygienic with a long narrow nozzle. You do not need to apply liberally. A thin layer will suffice.
EDIT: I tried applying it as a spot treatment on a few huge zits I got from eating too much junk food. The next day you will be able to see the inflammation being pushed to the surface and by the third day it's flattened. I don't see it reducing pimple scarring though, but it's good at getting rid of clogs.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OK, I have finally got my perfect skin care down (Clarins has done it)...but I'm still worried about some hormonal breakouts or clogged pores every now and then from make-up. This stuff is absolutely AMAZING!

Where was this in my teens? When my children hit their teens, this will be a main stay in the cabinet.

I use it on my chin every other night to keep on top of breakouts. If I do get a small "indiscretion" now, I just use this over night and in the morning...almost totally gone. It's that easy and that amazing!

So happy this is in my cupboard for those just in cases.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by choc2x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Worst product ever after a week of use it gave me non stop breakouts that took almost 2 years to clear up. I wanted to throw this at the MUAer who recommende me this. Never again take advises from other people.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only product I have *ever* used that actually made a big difference to my acne. My dermatologist said to use this after I'd used Epiduo for three months and got the worst of my acne under control. Well, this did so much more for my skin than Epiduo ever did (not much). My skin was noticeably smoother and got many fewer blemishes after using this for a while. Not nightly use as my skin's kind of sensitive. The fragrance is pretty nice but it does give you a slight orange cast. Sometimes I could feel some heat as I guess it was doing its work. So the only reason I'm not repurchasing is it contains retinal, which is rated 8 (highest hazard) in the Cosmetics Database. I think it even says on the box not to use in pregnancy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by lovemelikealovesong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for about two months in conjunction with other Avène products, and I love this. I get small red pimples on my forehead especially, and this helps dry them up hyper quick.

I put this on thickly, so you can't see the spot at all anymore, and once every two days just before I go to sleep. For me, this really does the trick as my acne isn't particularly bad, and my pimples aren't cystic. This is my HG product!

My only complaint is that it stains my pillow yellow. The packaging is good, and the tube it comes from has a thin opening so I like that. The color is kind of disgusting because it's yellow, but the smell's okay. A very good product, the best I've tried, and I've tried a LOT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good stuff. This clears up my acne (not quite overnight, but pretty quickly still). Then once it's cleared up I use Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair serum to get rid of scarring.

I used to have very bad acne, but since I have started using (only) Avene's micellar lotion for cleansing both morning and night (meaning I ONLY use that: no more removing makeup separately, lathering up, rinsing, toning etc... only the micellar lotion) I barely break out anymore. When I do, I can pinpoint exactly why... eating too much junk or drinking alcohol (even 2 glasses of wine will cause a face full of zits the next day). So when I do break out, apart from eating better and drinking more water and green tea, this and ANR are my go-to products to make me look presentable again in a few days.

Be careful though: this stuff might rub off on your pillow and stain it sort of yellow.

By the way I am reading in these reviews that this stuff costs like 60 USD in some places... WHAT?! Thankfully I live in Europe where a tube costs less than 15 EUR...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by juculin

I used to have very bad acne and used this before and while on Accutane. Although it did not clear up my acne completely, it certainly helped to dry up zits.
At the moment, I am off Accutane and I just use this as a preventive treatment so I don't get blackheads and small zits around my nose. Since I live in France, a tube only costs about $15 over here and since it lasts forever it's definitely worth it.
If you have bad acne and are looking for a treatment, I wouldn't recommend buying it if you live in a country where it costs $60 as there are better ways to spend your money (ACCUTANE). It's nice but not very strong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this because my insurance would not cover my .05% tretinoin topical other than a generic cream that was breaking me out because the cream base contained a lot of pore clogging ingredients. I was waking up to new clogged pores and an oil slick every morning after using the stuff, and getting about 1 new cystic pimple a week.

The Avene Triacneal was about $60 for a 1.01 oz tube, which is WAY more than I ever spend on skin care products. However, to get a different Rx, I would have a co-pay of at least $45 for a generic to full price for a non-formulary Rx, plus abt $100 for a dermatologist visit anyway. At that rate, it made sense to try the Avene.

It is well-regarded on the SB an an OTC alternative to Rx tretinoin. The actives are retinaldehydes, said to be stronger than retinol, and glycolic acid.

I've now tested it for a full month, including That Time of the Month, which is when I ALWAYS get at least one giant zit that deforms my face and leaves a new scar. I am astonished to say that with the Triacneal, for the 1st time in at least 5 months I did NOT GET A SINGLE NEW PIMPLE during the dreaded TTOTM!

Since I switched over from Rx .05%, and have been using tretinoins for years, I did not have major "purging." I did get some, but it is much worse when starting retinoids after not using them for a while / never using them. Others who do that may get more purging and more of a "ugly" phase w/ this.

The pkg was a nice squeeze tube, with a nozzle that was a bit small but worked fine. The product is a yellow pearly gel that soaks in immediately, leaving a matte effect. Designed for nighttime use, but I could've worn this during the day and looked great. I experienced no irritation at all, but I'm an experienced Rx tretinoin user.

I had a large, cystic pimple on my chin that actually flattened down and resolved itself into 3 distinct tiny granules (yep, it was a multi-headed monster) that started to work their way out of my skin on their own within 3-4 days of starting to use this. That was AMAZING. I have never seen a huge, inflamed, underground, multi-headed zit do that w/ a topical. I couldn't believe it. Pretty much every blocked pore did that and flaked a little. The only drawback to this stuff is that you have to resist the urge to "help" along the pushing out of the crap that was sitting in your pores.

Personally, I found this OTC product to be far more effective than my Rx .05% tretinoin cream. With this, I never woke up with new clogged pores, and I was less oily. I am still dealing with marks from the previous breakouts, and my skin is by no means perfect, but this is so far preventing new pimples and helpling to heal the old ones. I would buy again, and would probably only buy an Rx if I could get a better prescription at a comparable price.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No