Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

2.5

Water, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Isobutane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Propane, Isostearic Acid, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Tromethamine, Cocamide MEA, Phospholipids, Lecithin, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Isostearyl Behenate, Steareth-2, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Stearic Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hexylene Glycol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminium borosilicate, Polysorbate 20, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 11/6/2013 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really, really wanted to like this. I guess I liked the idea of it, even though it is very gimmicky. But it smells like, pardon my language, s*** on steroids. I'm sorry. I bought one bottle and thought maybe it was just the one I got? Returned that one and bought another - same thing. I even tried my sister's bottle, which she purchased in a different country altogether and same issue. The SA in the store complained about this as well.

It's really too bad because the finish was kind of nice, a bit too shimmery but better once toned down with some powder. If you have good skin this could be passable for a night out, but I work under super bright lights and this just looked a bit excessive in the glitter department. It's not huge glitter but noticeable in the light. No lasting power and within an hour sinks into every pore and crinkle so a no-go for work. Patch-y over dry areas and greasy in my oilier areas. I tried make this work, and it does better when I mix it with another foundation so the shimmer effect is less obvious.

Would not repurchase.

I've been using this product for a long time now. I think I am now on my third bottle of it! It lasts a long time for me so I can't even remember when I bought my first bottle. I love this stuff mainly because it hasn't made me break out. I have extremely, extremely sensitive skin that I'm forced to look for ONLY non-comedogenic products (until this one!). I bought the Fit Me Foundation by Maybelline before I found this gem, and it gave me such bad acne that I've left almost a full bottle sitting in the cupboard. I found the Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush mousse makeup and I haven't bought any other foundation since.

The PROS:
- It matches my skin tone - I am in the 030 Nude
- I like the mousse form, I feel like liquid foundations could run on your hand while trying to apply it (keeping in mind that I don't use a whole lot, I like good coverage but not too much, and I haven't used a liquid foundation in a long time)
- It lasts a long time if you use the pump right
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, it doesn't make me break out!

The CONS:
- It does dispense a lot of product but I've used it enough that I've mastered the pump and how much pressure to apply so it doesn't bother me
- It can look noticeable especially if you have dry skin like I do, but mixing a little moisturizer with it fixes the problem
- It could have a little bit more coverage but I find that it really isn't all that bad if you use a concealer as well

All in all, I'm in love with it. If you don't mind the pump and press gently, I definitely reccommend this!

I really like the concept and packaging of this foundation. I also appreciate the very fair colors in the color range. The lightest shade is a perfect match for my skin - no orange line, and no oxidizing throughout the day. This foundation is very, very light coverage - I really only wear it when I am having a good skin day, and I always apply a BB cream underneath it. This foundation is probably best suited to those with combo or normal skin. If you are looking for heavier coverage but around the same price range check out Revlon's Colorstay line.

on 10/17/2013 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this foundation SUCKS.

I'm just kiddin, it's okay really, the coverage is probably medium but it seems so sheer because of the mousse formula

what I do to apply is I dot it on my face and spread it out just a little bit then wait for a bit until the product dries a little and then start patting it on. This gives me more coverage and I feel like I don't waste the product as a LOT tends to come out of the bottle/spray thingy whatever-it's-called.

on 9/19/2013 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this great coverage but not too heavy beautiful!

I've been obsessed with authentic BB creams for some time now, but lately my skin's gone all wonky. I've got **huge** stress and all kinds of badness, and it's showing in my skin big time!! So on a whim, I decided to go back to foundations again. This was the second in a line of new-generation foundations I've been using.
This is a nice product overall. I got it discounted and buy1-get1-half off, so I got this, the corrector pen and a couple of eye quads which I'll review later... So it was super cheap.
The mousse foams out and kind of keeps dribbling after you've stopped pressing the button, so it's kinda wasteful. I just pump a bit into the palm of my hand to keep it warm, and apply to the center of my face and work outwards, patting and blending. Here's the key--use your fingers. The warmth spreads it better and helps pat it into your pores. Sponges suck with this foundation--trust me, you'll regret picking one up! If you use your concealer *first* then pat and blend this on, your skin will look pretty good. Definitely set with powder--Use a brush, avoid the puff--puff's will put too much powder on your skin and this stuff will look cakey and gross--so lighter is better!! If at all possible, try Mally's Poreless Defender thingy--works great!!
Anyways, once you've got this foundation set, it looks great in all types of lighting. I am ultra pale and bought the lightest shade which is a tad dark for me, but once it's set, it's fine--nobody notices like another reviewer said, and it does add just the slightest hint of color(which is good for my ghostly complexion lol).
In a magnifying mirror, it does look a bit sparkly until its set, but not terribly. Again, in actual light of the real world, it looks fine.
I've gotten alot of compliments on my skin lately since using this foundation. It's a pain in the a** to apply and takes a long time to get it just right. Plus, if you are having breakouts or redness or dry areas, this is a huge huge task to use...it takes alot of painting to conceal the redness and if you're dry, this stuff clings to every single flake. But if you aren't too terribly spotty and if you exfoliate like a fiend, this stuff could be your new bff for looking great--even when you're not feeling so great.
So I'm kinda still on the fence--I like the results but it is a chore and a half to get it on properly if your skin is 'troubled'...but if your skin is troubled, this is the best stuff to make you look airbrushed--so it's kinda a Catch 22... Just make sure you get up extra early if you're going to wear this to work or school ;) lol

Edit 9/17/13....No matter what I do, I can't get this to *not* look dry on my face. I've used several different moisturizers, changed how long I let them set before applying makeup, changed to a couple of different primers...nothing is helping:( Ultimately I have to revise and downgrade my review. This stuff is evil on dry skin :( People seem to like my skin, and I look good in photos no doubt, but if I look closely in a mirror, I can see where this settles into pores and cakes around any flaky skin...There is no way if your skin is even remotely dry that this would work for you. But I'm still on the fence--great looking pics but in 'real life' I look like I'm shriveling up!lol So I guess if you're doing modeling work and are in front of a camera you should be fine, but don't wear this stuff on a date or just to hang out in--you'll look like a scaly lizard!haha

on 9/5/2013 11:13:00 PM

Eeww! Could not wait to wash this off! This turned orange and looked so bad! Don't waste your money on this. I thought I would try to save some money and try a drugstore brand. Nope, back to MAC or Estee Lauder.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just bought this yesterday. Love it! I use it with my ELF powder brush and it gives beautiful natural flawless skin. The sparkles are a bit much. I don't mind them on my face, but it does get all over my hands if I touch my face.

After skimming all these poorly rated reviews, I find myself quite puzzled. I have bought this product 3 times and I get the most incredible compliments on my glowing and flawless skin with this foundation on. I will say that I do set it with my MAC pressed powder in my shade but that's what the beauty of it is. It helps mattify what appears to look "oily" and looks beautiful all day. My ONLY concern is that it is NOT waterproof, which unfortunately drives me insane. Let's say you decide to brush your teeth after you do your makeup, take a big gulp of water and dribbles down your chin, or get sprinkled on from a little rain? The foundation turns about 3+ shades lighter and will wipe/dab right off. Why wouldn't they make it water resistant is beyond my understanding. It makes it awfully difficult for people who live in insatiably hot weather to rock this foundation. I would continue to buy this product time and time again but I'm now currently searching for a foundation just as beautiful but water resistant.

on 8/21/2013 8:58:00 PM

Not happy with this product. The coverage is very transparent like putting on a tinted moisturizer. The pump i guess you would call it either gives you way to much or not enough. The product oxidizes to a orange color about 5 minutes after putting it on. Its difficult to blend into the skin and very very oily looking. It wears off quickly. I don't know about others but this product was horrible for me! If you do get this product a good primer is recommended!