July 29, 2014 | 1811 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly don't understand all of the negative reviews here. As a bb cream/foundation obsessed, I have been looking for the perfect product and I have to say I love this stuff! This is the closest you will get to the "your skin but better" look. If you are noticing creasing or the color slipping off during the day, then you probably either are in need of a better setting powder, or you bought the wrong shade (most likely too dark). NC-20 is comparable to shade 3, NC-25 Shade 4. It was over 100 degrees here today and it still lasted all day for me and I even fell asleep with it on and it didn't diminish. My boyfriend even complimented me on how nice my skin looked, we didn't see any ugly sparkles even in sunlight. I've been using the Photoready foundations among others for a long time now and no one ever told me I had a glittery face... I do love how glowwy this stuff is because it still allows my skin to look natural and glow under setting powder. It is natural looking enough that you still look made up nicely, but not so natural that it can only be worn to the gym like bb creams. It also is pigmented enough to use with concealer. The whole photoready line is just phenomenal but I prefer this to the Photoready BB cream on every level. It truly does give an airbrushed makeup look, amazing stuff---I would say this stuff is HG status and I may stock up on it just in case it gets discontinued. Just search google images for this stuff and you'll see that everyone looks amazing with it.

Pros:
True "Airbrushed" finished look
Your skin but better
Light weight, (doesn't feel like you're wearing makeup)
Gives a glow to the skin
Long lasting in heat/long day
Non-sticky!!
Non-itchy feeling
Dries instantly
Can wear with concealer and full eye makeup like normal foundations

Cons:
A little difficult to layer
Needs to be used with a setting powder and concealer
Should be used with primer/good moisturizer
No spf

This is WELL WORTH the cost, one of the best foundations out there even compared to high end brands. Finally a foundation that reflects the technology we should have available at this day and age-- Thank you innovative angels at Revlon for making this stuff!!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

AS reference I have naturally nc25 skin tone, but since it's getting warmer here in California I use a self tanner that is relatively 3-5 shades darker than my natural skin tone. after self tanner I am an nc35 and I already read the Negative reviews before making this purchase but I have not been let down by Revlon in the past so I thought I would try this since everyone's experience is different.. I bought it in the 3rd to last shade MEDIUM BEIGE.. Color range was off, it looked orangey but I did manage to blend it into my skin, the consistency of the product came out light, I used a lime sized amount which was WAY too generous, they aren't kidding when they say you only need a nickel sized amt of this stuff!! anyway. I moisturize daily and my skin isn't flaky. BUT so I thought!! this stuck to ALL MY DRY patches!!! and when i tried to touch that dry spot as an attempt to diminish the look.. it rolled off my face.. weird b/c I have OILY skin with moderate acne. NEVER AGAIN. after one 9 hours use.. it is going back, It made me shiny, but not the worst I've seen. I did have to blot, that is with all my foundations. I havent found my HG! I also have moderate acne scarring that isn't too dark but it's there and I need the coverage, as for coverage this is medium.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by koalion

Don't know why everyone's ragging on this one so hard. Maybe I'm biased because I am EXTREMELY acne-prone (almost everything I ever put on my face breaks me out) and this product didn't break me out at all, but I used this for about three years and never had a problem with it. Of course, none of the shades really matched my light-medium Asian skin, so I always looked a lot more pink than I would've wanted to, but I really didn't care since--it didn't break me out! Which was baffling to me, since I'd tried so many supposedly "blemish-healing" or "oil-free" products before and they'd ALL broken me out, but I wasn't about to question a good thing. It has very good coverage and looks natural. I actually didn't have a problem with the glitter in it, even when I saw my face in the sun. Since the finish was pretty matte on my skin, I think the glitter helped make me look normal instead of washed-out and cakey. I've recently come back to this foundation after wandering about experimenting with other, more high-end products, since these other products all inevitably broke me out.

So, if you're acne-prone and have combination skin like I do and are just exasperated looking for a foundation that won't break you out, I'd really recommend this foundation. And if you can find the right shade for you and don't mind the glitter, then it'd be perfect :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Keylimepie25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I first saw this product I was dying to try it. The packaging looked really nice and I was intrigued by the fact that it was an "airbrush mousse foundation." I bought it without looking at reviews. HORRIBLE idea. Initially putting this on my face it felt gross and like I was rubbing oil onto my face. I wore it for one day and in the first hour it felt like it melted off my face. It settled into the creases of my face and highlighted my pimples. Overall I would not use this again, let alone buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by MayiraMia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't like it. It looks okay when you 1st apply it if you blend the heck out of it but it doesn't stay put. Goes into every line of your skin & highlights imperfections. Runs if you sweat or cry. Smells bad. Requires too much blending and doesn't wear well, an hour later it looks as if its melting & very oily. Overall I hated it, I would NOT buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by aurayvoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I initially tried the BB cream that they have under this PhotoReady line (which I also reviewed on MUA) and I didn't like the texture of it too much so I was hoping that this would feel a little lighter since it's a mousse. $10.99 at my local Target.

THE MOUSSE TEXTURE: Pumped a dime size on my hand and used my finger to blend it; it was definitely a light-weight mousse at first and then liquified as soon as I started blending it in (just as another reviewer said). It had a light feeling and it made my skin have a nice slightly-dewy look BUT I immediately noticed little specks of sparkle from the mousse! Used a few more pumps on other areas to make sure and there were definitely shimmers in it. None of the reviews I skimmed over while at the store mentions any type of little shimmers at alllll... this was definitely a deal breaker for me. I returned it (thank you, Target.)

BOTTOM LINE: It had a nice light feeling and left my skin a little dewy but it seemed as if it'd be a little hard to blend with a concealer because it's so airy- if that makes sense (though I didn't keep it long enough to try myself) Unfortunately, the shimmers are just something I can't look past. If that's fine with you and you're looking for something that's lightweight with light to slightly-medium coverage, it's worth trying at least. I won't be buying again unless they take out the sparkles in the formula. This PhotoReady line is disappointing me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

I can't believe all the negative reviews as I find this product surprisingly good! Its almost as good as my Smashbox Studio Skin (without the price tag). It gives a very flawless finish and doesn't settle into lines. The only down side us that I can't wear it on warmer days as it is too oily and melts off: great winter daily though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Kaylalaa

I don't get why everyone hates it so much! Honestly I really love the way it makes me glow.. All other foundations that are meant to leave me glow-ey make me break out, this one didn't. It covers very well and does give me an airbrush effect. I will say, that it doesn't last as long as say the whipped colorstay from revlon, but it's lasting enough for a normal drugstore honestly. I never felt like it 'melted' off my face? I have been using it in cooler weather and that could be why.. All in all I will definitely repurchase. I always have more than one foundation on hand but have found since this ran out, I have missed it. My only real complaint is that it ran out a bit fast, which most likely has to do with the packaging

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by tillis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a bit surprised to see so many horrible reviews! I recently bought this on a whim while waiting for my regular Mac Studio Sculpt to arrive in the mail, and I actually really liked it. It feels really light on my face and gives me a nice even coverage. It does dry really fast, so you have to blend pretty quickly. It is really shimmery as well, but I don't notice it inside and outside it's fine if I set it with a mattifying powder. It doesn't look as good after a few hours, but I didn't find it melted off on me like some people had happen, either. I don't think it will be my new "go-to" but it wasn't too bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by kk1007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is absolutely horrid. Might be the worst foundation I have every used. It sparkled. Even in the fluorescent lighting of my office I literally sparkled. It slid off my face and gathered in my pores and the little lines on my face making me look like a sparkly caricature of myself. I didn't notice any smell like other posters have commented. I did notice that I couldn't even get it to stay put on my face. It just slid around whether I was using a brush, sponge or my fingers. And I tried all three the one and only time I used it. I tried making it stay put with translucent powder but that just left me looking like a sparkly ghost. I'm going to try to return it. Never ever waste your money on this product. Literally the worst foundation I have used in my whole adult life.