Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

4.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 10/26/2014 10:09:00 PM

These cream eyeshadows do not seem to have a lot of staying power, but I can usually get about five hours of wear before they start to crease. I love the color of Bad to the Bronze; it compares well to other taupes and bronzes from Tarte and BeneFit Cosmetics. Overall, this is an decent cream eyeshadow, but the Tarte cream eyeshadows last longer without creasing. While I do not regret this purchase, I would not repurchase this product.

on 8/31/2014 11:27:00 AM

I'm not a big eyeshadow fan, and yet i keep coming back to this little pot of magic.
it just makes my eyes really pop, and when paired with red lipstick it makes you look like a goddess.
great for both day and night, amazing longativity even in the most humid days , amazing price and endless options for various looks make this shadow a must, even for eyeshadow haters like me.
would buy again, in different colors as well.

on 8/27/2014 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily eyelids, so my shadow tends to crease or wear off by the end of the day. Not with this stuff, though! It's August and a steamy 90 degrees outside, I have PMS so I'm extra oily, and I had to work over time today... but when I got home after a long 12 hours, this shadow looked like I had just applied it! Are you kidding me? This is great performance from a very reasonably priced drugstore brand. I did use primer under this. Gotta try some more shades!

on 8/15/2014 2:07:00 AM

This is my first & only Colour Tattoo. The colour is amazing, extremely flattering again every skin tone and eye colour. It can also be used as a base or by itself. I haven't tried layering it yet, or worn it for very long so I can't comment on creasing or fading, though I don't expect it to do either. It's very convenient for travelling. I don't think I'll ever run out of it, but if I do, I may repurchase it after trying out other shadows in the market first.

on 7/30/2014 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this whenever I want to wear eyeshadow but not go through the trouble of applying a bunch of different colors! This eyeshadow always stays on perfectly, serves as a great base for eyeliner, and the color simply looks nice on the eyes! I get compliments when I wear this from people wanting to know where they can buy it! I'm also not sure what it is in the product but wearing this alone makes it look like there's definition in the crease, it makes your eyes look bigger!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like this creme eyeshadow line, and this color is an absolute necessity in my makeup bag. The consistency is creamy, while still being sturdy enough to stay in place all day. When used with an eyeshadow primer it will not crease.
This color is so versatile. It is a really pretty brown/bronze taupe color. It can be worn by its lonesome just swiped over the eyelid for a quick cute effect, or it can be built up layer by layer for a more intense color (especially good for a smokey eye).
The color of the shadow in the container accurately represents how it will appear once applied to the skin. It is a very neutral color, so it can create a variety of looks.
If you are new to cream eyeshadows, this one is definitely recommended.

on 6/25/2014 7:14:00 AM

This is the only eyeshadow I use and I absolutely love the color on my darkbrown eyes.
I can apply it lightly for a soft brown glow during the day, or more heavily to smoke out the look for the evenings.

Doesn't stay all day for me cause my eyelids are oily, but with a primer (i use BeYu primer) it does stay.

HG HG HG

on 6/19/2014 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Damn, where have these things been all my life?? Recently I've reached a place in my makeup use where I am into minimal effort and max payout. I want products that do what they promise and do it to beautiful effect. Life's gotten busier and I have been on the hunt for one-and-done type shadows, I have always been intrigued by these. I had coupons out of a Walgreen's coupon book today and I've reached my limit on patience with powder shadow palettes..

I got Bad to the Bronze and L'Oreal's Bottomless Java (<---same concept, different formulation---if you want mega choco-latte drama, this is the one to pick up and the two layer nicely for added dimension). Bad to the Bronze is fab for everyday. I can add a little definition with Maybelline's powder shadow single in Made for Mocha and I'm done. It's a super creamy formula and it just looks perfect. I had entertained getting L'Oreal's Bronzed Taupe but it looked too antique gold/taupey and I wanted a warmer brown for daily use. I can even get some on my pinkie and apply along my lower lashline and it still looks just natural and lovely. Home run!

I can't wait to buy more, these are like, the wave of the future in eyeshadows.

on 6/15/2014 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the Bad to the Bronze shade.
I'm saying yes tentatively to repurchasing this product as I've read comments about the shadow drying out quicker than other brands.
The texture is firmer than other cream shadows that I own from Bobbi Brown, Chanel or Estee Lauder so the application is bit trickier. Iíve also had cream shadows from these brands for more than a year and theyíre still going strong. It will be interesting to see how the color tattoo formula holds up.

The color tattoo formula is also rather dry and I definitely need to use a primer beforehand otherwise I can see the shadow pulling on my lids as I apply it.
Once Iíve applied the shadow, it sets quickly and stays put for the day without creasing or caking. The Bad to the Bronze shade is a nice neutral taupey/bronze thatís perfect for an every day look or as a base with other similar shades. I also like to use Audacious Asphalt for a smokey eye look.

If youíre wanting to try out cream shadows and donít want to fork out the money for the high end brands just yet, Maybellineís color tattoos shadows are a good for starters.

on 6/12/2014 3:41:00 PM

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. It's such a pretty color and it works well as a base or on its own. This is my go-to shadow on lazy days. I don't even have to wear a primer (I have oily eye lids), I've even worn this swimming and it stayed on pretty darn well. Also, whenever I wear this, people always tell me that they like my eye makeup! I will definitely be repurchasing this and highly recommend it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials