Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

4.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 1/26/2014 12:05:00 AM

I will be the first to admit I'm a sucker for packaging. This is how I end up with a lot of awful products in cute compacts. This is one time, however, the package quality was rivaled by the content's quality.

*PROS*
~Long-wearing. While I didn't need to wear it for 24 hours, it did have longevity. It sufficiently lived up to its name.
~Smooth creamy texture.
~Beautiful color. This shade was so beautiful as an all over color.
~Excellent color payoff.
~You can't beat the price. It is a very reasonably priced product, IMO.
~The packaging is great. It comes in a nice little glass lid pot.

*CONS*
~It can be a bit tricky to apply. I used my finger and at first it's kind of stippled on looking. You really have to get your finger in there and work it around the lid.
~When I applied a powder based shadow over it, after an hour or so the colors became very muddied. I can see where you would want to use another cream based shadow with this if you need the look to stay crisp all day long.

Overall I think once you get the application technique down this is an amazing product, especially in this price range. And this particular color is a must-have, in my opinion. It's just such a lovely basic and versatile color.

on 1/19/2014 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really love this as a quick eyeshadow that lasts all day. I just put all over the lid and then blend out into the crease. Stays put, it's the only colour tattoo I actually like. Nice wearable colour most people could pull off.

on 1/19/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Pros: Very pigmented, long-lasting, doesn't crease to much, great alone or as a base. Cons: after a month it dries out in the jar This is my favorite to wear when I dont feel like wearing to much shadow or as a beautiful base. The color is absolutely stunning and great for the price

on 1/19/2014 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I passed on this several times as in the pot it just looked far too warm for my skintone. I usually steer away from anything with bronze in the name when it comes to e/s as it just makes me look sickly. But I'd seen one too many glowing reviews and descriptions, and a particular YT vid where the girl was wearing it and I wanted it before she even said what it was.

At £4.99 I figured even if it didn't work it was worth a try at that price point. So I bought it and I absolutely love it. I apply with a finger tip, start with the product at the lashline and blend up, and it looks amazing, like I've spent ages blending when I've spent 20 seconds. It would probably look warmer if packed on, but with just a small amount blended out it's a medium silvery shimmery taupe on me. I just use a small amount of black e/l or shadow on the top lashline to add some definition, mascara, and I'm done. Minimal effort, maximum results. It does crease *very* slightly on me by the end of the day, but every cream e/s does, so I'm not blaming the product.

I'd buy again and definitely want to try the others in this range that have good reviews!

on 1/14/2014 1:59:00 AM

Really nice shadow. The color is very flattering and would look nice on a lot if people. Easy to apply and really does stay put. I have Color Tattoo in the dark grey metallic shade. Think its called Asphalt something? Its a nice shade but the consistency isn't the same or as good as this one. This one is my fave. Can't go wrong.

on 1/14/2014 1:52:00 AM

Wow, this is a great product. Normally my eyeshadows crease over the course of the day, but this didn't crease at all when applied with no primer underneath! The colour is pigmented and shimmery without being downright metallic and you can go lighter or heavier depending on how much colour you're looking for. Looked just as perfect at 10pm as it had 12 hours earlier when I applied it!

on 1/13/2014 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love this! Easy to use, great price, good formula and does not crease or flake. Beautiful bronze colour i apply with the real techniques eye brush and use alone or as a base for smokey eyes

I love this product for the fact that it lasts all day, even without primer.
My problem with this product is the fact that it doesn't blend too well with a brush. I use my usual windscreen wiper motion and I've even wet my blending brush to perhaps get it to blend but it just won't... This said however, it's still my go to product that I put all over my lids before applying product into my crease :]

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A staple in my collection. Makes me look more bright-eyed and awake. Nice on its own for no-hassle days, or with a deeper color in the crease (I like to pair it with Dark Horse from Naked 1).

on 1/6/2014 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great cream shadow! Perfectly creamy and highly pigmented.

Video Reviews & Tutorials