Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bold Gold / Eternal Gold

3.8

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 8/18/2012 6:53:00 AM

One of the two Color Tattoo 24 HR products that I picked up when I was in London in May, and it is the one that I dislike the most. The other Color Tattoo I bought was On and on Bronze (UK)/Bad to the Bronze in (US). As I only own two Color Tattoos, I can only compare them to each other, and I don't have any opinion about the other Color Tattoo products.

The reason why I dislike it is that the shimmer/glitter is chunkier compared to my other Color Tatto: On and on Bronze, where it's more milled. When it comes to the packaging it's nice, but it is a bit unhygienic, since it's in a jar.

Other than that it wears well, easy to apply, doesn't crease, and the price point isn't bad at all! Overall it's a good product if you can handle the shimmer/glitter being a bit chunkier than On and on Bronze (UK)/Bad to the Bronze (US), and the packaging. I, however, would not buy this again as I don't appreciate the shimmer/glitter size in Eternal Gold.

on 8/17/2012 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This holds really well with Mac Painterly underneath. Pretty much all day in humid weather. I just am not a fan of the color. I really don't know why I bought this, I tried Mac Woodwinked a while ago and hated the results. I look better in bronze versus gold so I am just going to have to accept that and move on. I do not want to give this a poor rating just because I picked the wrong color. The color is a very strong yellow gold with lots of shimmer. If you are looking for a subtle shade of gold than this is not for you. It screams yellow on my lids and I have a warm skintone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

great cream eyeshadow. seriously doesn't crease (even without a primer). I like the gold, but I wish there was a better color selection (similar to mac paint pots)...every color in maybelline are shimmery/glittery, even the white. This could be a great base.

on 7/25/2012 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my most recent Color Tattoo purchase. This is an antique gold color with lots of shimmer that is easy to apply with a brush, and it works best when applied in thin layers until you get the look you want. I wear this alone on workdays, and it brightens my eyes and is very complementary to my dark hair and my skin. (I have medium olive skin, but I don't know my MAC shade. Sorry.) This lasts all day without primer, but I've noticed this summer that it fades in the 90 degree weather. My other Color Tattoo shades wear perfectly in the heat, and I'm not sure what the issue is with Bold Gold, but I did not take a lippie off. Outstanding drugstore product.

on 7/16/2012 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this.
I have been looking for a while to find something not only affordable, but also the right shade of gold.
Anyone else? That burnt-ish gold, that's very pigmented without being overly yellow or too neon bright?
This is it!
It's great for everyday wear, I just put in my crease to brow bone as a cute accent to a winged liner, I even used it as an emergency highlighter on my skin, and it looked pretty good!

PACKAGING: Good, like that it's in a glass pot, makes it seem more luxury. The cap is kind of a dinky plastic, but it's not a deal breaker.

TEXTURE: Nice, very creamy without sliding. Blends nicely, but can sometimes feel a little gritty, maybe that's the shimmer particles??

WARNINGS!!:
I have very oily lids, so anyone with the same should take steps to reduce the oil on your lids before applying, because otherwise this product is no good and it just looks sh!t really fast.

Very cheap too, general Maybelline prices, got it at Walmart for like, $6.50 on sale, and the product itself will definitely be worth the price, seeing as I've been using this for about 9 days now everyday, and I still haven't made a dent in the product, so it should last you QUITE a long time.
Hope this helped someone!

on 6/27/2012 6:55:00 PM

Pros:
+A very creamy and pigmented gold color, can be very versatile and go with a number of colors (black, browns, teal or blue, purple, etc)
+Longlasting (12+ hours), no creasing (if you do have creasing try using less product)
+Nice heavy glass jar packaging
+Easy to use
+Cheap, around $7

Cons:
-Unsanitary jar packaging, if worried about this just use a clean brush each time

on 6/16/2012 6:32:00 PM

Love the colour of this eyeshadow, and the fact that you can make it sheer or very vivid. Great for everyday wear and going out. Lovely creamy texture - still creases after a while, but only a little.

on 6/14/2012 2:52:00 PM

I loved my first CT shadow (Bad to the Bronze) so much that I went out and bought all of them, including this one. These colors are very beautiful, shimmery, and last as long as the day is long, literally. I am so in love with these that I can't wait til they come out with more colors (hopefully, pink, please). What an awesome product!!!

on 5/4/2012 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Out of the Tattoo creams I've tried, I actually like this one the least, which surprised me because I HOARD gold eyeshadows like nobody's business.

First, while the color is fine, it's a yellow-gold and not an antique gold, so keep that in mind. Secondly, I don't think it's NEARLY as pigmented as Tough as Taupe (the grey-taupe) or the Pomegranate Punk (reddish-violet), and that was a huge disappointment for me. I had to layer it a few times with my finger to get it to be on the same pigmentation level as the other two. On the other hand, it's great for layering other colors on top because the shimmer really shows through; I like putting a shimmery brown on top for a duochrome look. Lastly, because it is a very shimmery product, there's some glitter in it that gets everywhere. I'm not a fan of glitter on my cheeks! I think I'd like this product better without the glitter, but some ladies out there might like it.

Overall, a good product but not the best out of this line. I'm taking off a lippie for the glitter fallout and another for the sheer pigmentation.

on 5/1/2012 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Not my favorite of the 24 hour tattoo shadows, but it is what it is. It is not as pigmented as the others, but I don't believe it is meant to be. It is a very light, shimmery-bordering-on-glittery yellow gold that makes for a great glowy, shimmery summer eye. It's the kind of stuff you want for a look where you're literally sweeping this across your lids and swiping on mascara and running out the door. I find that it applies better if I use a synthetic brush (think MAC 142 or 152) than with my finger, but I like using brushes over fingers for all the 24 hr shadows. I find that (on me at least) it's not totally crease free unless I use a base, like UDPP, underneath it, more so than with the other colors. Maybe it's the glitter or the sheerer consistency of this product, but it tends to crease/slide more than the other ones. However, with UDPP underneath it, it literally lasts, crease free, forever.