December 19, 2014 | 854 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bold Gold / Eternal Gold

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my most recent Color Tattoo purchase. This is an antique gold color with lots of shimmer that is easy to apply with a brush, and it works best when applied in thin layers until you get the look you want. I wear this alone on workdays, and it brightens my eyes and is very complementary to my dark hair and my skin. (I have medium olive skin, but I don't know my MAC shade. Sorry.) This lasts all day without primer, but I've noticed this summer that it fades in the 90 degree weather. My other Color Tattoo shades wear perfectly in the heat, and I'm not sure what the issue is with Bold Gold, but I did not take a lippie off. Outstanding drugstore product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by MERdusa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this.
I have been looking for a while to find something not only affordable, but also the right shade of gold.
Anyone else? That burnt-ish gold, that's very pigmented without being overly yellow or too neon bright?
This is it!
It's great for everyday wear, I just put in my crease to brow bone as a cute accent to a winged liner, I even used it as an emergency highlighter on my skin, and it looked pretty good!

PACKAGING: Good, like that it's in a glass pot, makes it seem more luxury. The cap is kind of a dinky plastic, but it's not a deal breaker.

TEXTURE: Nice, very creamy without sliding. Blends nicely, but can sometimes feel a little gritty, maybe that's the shimmer particles??

WARNINGS!!:
I have very oily lids, so anyone with the same should take steps to reduce the oil on your lids before applying, because otherwise this product is no good and it just looks sh!t really fast.

Very cheap too, general Maybelline prices, got it at Walmart for like, $6.50 on sale, and the product itself will definitely be worth the price, seeing as I've been using this for about 9 days now everyday, and I still haven't made a dent in the product, so it should last you QUITE a long time.
Hope this helped someone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Pros:
+A very creamy and pigmented gold color, can be very versatile and go with a number of colors (black, browns, teal or blue, purple, etc)
+Longlasting (12+ hours), no creasing (if you do have creasing try using less product)
+Nice heavy glass jar packaging
+Easy to use
+Cheap, around $7

Cons:
-Unsanitary jar packaging, if worried about this just use a clean brush each time

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by stormV301

Love the colour of this eyeshadow, and the fact that you can make it sheer or very vivid. Great for everyday wear and going out. Lovely creamy texture - still creases after a while, but only a little.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved my first CT shadow (Bad to the Bronze) so much that I went out and bought all of them, including this one. These colors are very beautiful, shimmery, and last as long as the day is long, literally. I am so in love with these that I can't wait til they come out with more colors (hopefully, pink, please). What an awesome product!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

Out of the Tattoo creams I've tried, I actually like this one the least, which surprised me because I HOARD gold eyeshadows like nobody's business.

First, while the color is fine, it's a yellow-gold and not an antique gold, so keep that in mind. Secondly, I don't think it's NEARLY as pigmented as Tough as Taupe (the grey-taupe) or the Pomegranate Punk (reddish-violet), and that was a huge disappointment for me. I had to layer it a few times with my finger to get it to be on the same pigmentation level as the other two. On the other hand, it's great for layering other colors on top because the shimmer really shows through; I like putting a shimmery brown on top for a duochrome look. Lastly, because it is a very shimmery product, there's some glitter in it that gets everywhere. I'm not a fan of glitter on my cheeks! I think I'd like this product better without the glitter, but some ladies out there might like it.

Overall, a good product but not the best out of this line. I'm taking off a lippie for the glitter fallout and another for the sheer pigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Run2FlyGurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not my favorite of the 24 hour tattoo shadows, but it is what it is. It is not as pigmented as the others, but I don't believe it is meant to be. It is a very light, shimmery-bordering-on-glittery yellow gold that makes for a great glowy, shimmery summer eye. It's the kind of stuff you want for a look where you're literally sweeping this across your lids and swiping on mascara and running out the door. I find that it applies better if I use a synthetic brush (think MAC 142 or 152) than with my finger, but I like using brushes over fingers for all the 24 hr shadows. I find that (on me at least) it's not totally crease free unless I use a base, like UDPP, underneath it, more so than with the other colors. Maybe it's the glitter or the sheerer consistency of this product, but it tends to crease/slide more than the other ones. However, with UDPP underneath it, it literally lasts, crease free, forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I bought this today for my holidays next week as i want something that will stay put in hot weather.
In uk, this is called Eternal Gold and theyre priced at 4.99 each here.

I have reddish black hair, paleish skin and bright blue eyes, and i have to say this gold colour looks ok on. Very understated, but glam, perfect to just whack on when on hols and want minimum fuss makeup!!! It is a true yellow gold, but think i need a more bronzey gold to work fabulously.

I can imagine this would be a great colour for any eye colour!!

Im not usually a fan of Maybelline but these seem to be ace! I had tried the Max Factor Masterpiece cream eyeshadows last year and as soon as it touched my eyelid, i had a burning sensation reaction from it! Not good!!! So im made up to find these! Im now wanting the brown one for when i go the bar with my hubby :) #

OK little updaye.I have applied two layers of this on my lids this morning, no primer, and it seems somewhat patchy. I applied with my fingertip, so tommorrow ill try with a brush. So far it looks ok, but nothing like it did on the swatch on my hand!

Have already swapped this with a friend for On and On bronze, much more my style :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by suchaclassylady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It doesn't fade, applies easily, and the pigment is just right. I love the price point and will certainly buy more colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty, wearable gold for a casual day. It's not crazy pigmented but lasts long and doesn't crease! Unlike Painted Purple, which I also own, I found that it maintained its pigment throughout the day.