Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/18/2015 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This was the first ever proper high-end eye shadow and my first ever eyeshadow palette that I had ever purchased. I decided to purchase it as a lot of people were raving about it, it had loads of neutral shades but some more daring ones too and supposed to be good quality and also as a beginner I found tones of Naked 2 tutorials on Youtube, which really helped me out. I wasn't very good at eye shadow so I though if I brought something expensive I could somehow push myself in learning how to eye shadow properly because of how much I spent on it. I didn't know much about Urban Decay back then, but now I own a lot of their stuff and they are a fab brand.

Packaging- I much prefer the packaging of the Naked 2 & 3 over the original Naked any day. The packing for 2&3 is metal, a very sturdy metal, which can take plenty of knocks. I travel with this pretty much everywhere, and the packaging has not failed me yet. I do like the look of the original, but I HATE cardboard packaging.

Formula of shadows- The shadows in the Naked 2 are soft, easy to apply, easy to blend and generally have great staying power, which is better enhanced by primers etc. They are also pigmented, which is a huge bonus and also expected considering the cost of the palette.

Wear/Look- As I have said before, I am not very good with eye shadow at all, but after watching some tutorials for beginners and learning about eye shadow in general I am SO much better than I used to be, but still not great ahah! Even with me being okay ish at eye shadow I can still create multiple looks with the Naked 2 from weddings, to shopping, to more darker night times looks. The amount of colours you get in any of the Naked palettes is fab, so useful for loads of things. I also love the simple, neutral tones though it may be a bit too tame for people who like more colour. The eye shadows when wearing for a full day have never creased on me. Both with or without a primer, huge bonus, I don't think I will ever buy drugstore eye shadow ever again.

Price- Price in the UK ranges from 37-38, dont bother buying this off ebay unless you know for sure that it is genuine. I originally went for the Naked 3 on ebay, but later learnt it was a scam, but now I am so glad I went for the Naked 2, it has more browner tones in.

Overall- I will purchase the Naked 2 again, if I ran out, or lost it. Though I don't feel compelled to buy Naked Original or Naked 3 because I have so many other palettes, I like to mix up my brands/ products a lot. I wear MAC one day, then Urban decay the next, one Naked palette is enough for me at the minute, though if a deal came up/ someone gave another Naked palette to me I would of course be VERY happy to have them in my possession.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Purchased this on my trip to the US at Sephora Times Square, along with a bunch of other stuff.
I've been wanting an all nude/neutral tone palette for some time rather than reaching for all singles and gave into the hype ( i am warm, light and yellow toned).

My most used and loved shades would have to be Foxy, Tease, Suspect and Busted, and for nights out i generally like to amp it up with Chopper, Verve, Booty Call and Blackout.

The matte shades have little to no fallout while the shimmery ones do, especially Chopper and Busted, but i expected this from the pigmentation.
All shades blend well and easily, and last all day, especially when using UDPP.

i enjoy the casing it comes in, i feel it is sturdy. I only really use the fluffy end of the brush for crease work, and the other small flat side for my undereye concealer.

Around $50 from what i remember, but i use it every day and its a fond memory for me.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I use this palette very frequently and it's the palette I usually reach for. Since I use it so much, I know it pretty well I think it would be more organized for me to do a pro/con type review:

Pros:
-Very high quality, extremely pigmented
-Can do a large variety of looks, everything from the most simply bare looks to intense smoky eyes and I always find new looks to do with it.
-My favorite color is Busted, but the ones I use most are Snakebite and Suspect. YDK is also absolutely gorgeous and looks great to pop on in the center of the lid, and it looks great on its own too.
-Tease is perfect in the crease/to blend out with.
-I prefer cooler, taupey color browns as opposed to warmer, bronzey ones.
-Great packaging- it's durable, slim, and lightweight which also makes it great to travel with!
-I used this everyday for the first month and a half I had it. lol

Cons:
-Expensive: I believe when the first full Naked palette came out, the price was $50 which is a bit high but I got this for $52, and now it's $54.
-I wish they had a few more matte shades.
-A lot of fallout but I suppose that's hard to avoid with highly pigmented products.

Some of my SIMPLE favorite looks from this (just from the top of my head):
-Bootycall all over the lid, Busted in the crease and outer corner, Tease to blend, Foxy as a highlight.
-Pistol all over lid, Tease to blend, Verve in inner corner, Foxy as a highlight.
-This was my go to look for a while, and it's very simple and pretty: Suspect on inner 3/4 of lid, Snakebite on outer, Bootycall on inner corner, Tease in crease/blend, Foxy as a highlight.

I haven't tried the brush so no comment on that.

Overall, I think this was a great investment for me, especially since I prefer cooler toned neutrals (like I said) and if you're just getting started with makeup, I highly recommend that you invest in a neutral palette like this one if you can. If I were to run out of the shades Tease or Busted, I'd definitely replace them (Urban Decay sells them individually).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Since i have a lot of the naked paleette dupes i was late on buying the real ones but i had to gett them when i got all 3 for the price of 2. Its a great palette and gives so many pretty natual and smokey natural looks.

The quality of the eyeshadows are really good, but i feel like they are not better pigmentet than my costal scents Revealed Palettes, makeup revolution eyehsadows or MUA palettes (or the single eyeshadows for 1 pound. that are AMAZING btw) So for me they are a bit to pricy when i know that i can get a lot of amazing palettes or single eyeshadow for the price of one palette of equal quality.
But for all means its a good palette and im happy i got it.

But if you dont want to spend so mutch money on naked palettes there are a lot of good dupes that are in my book just as well pigmentet as the real ones,

on 2/18/2015 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is an ok eyeshadow palette. The eyeshadows are definitely pigmented and creamy but there is just so much fallout! I have never experienced the same level of fallout with another eyeshadow. I also don't like the colours in the palette that much, the rose-brown tones in the Naked 3 palette are more suited to the sort of eyeshadow colours that I normally wear but I got this as a present so I didn't get to choose unfortunately. But that is just personal taste. That said, I think 'Booty Call' is about the best highlight eyeshadow I have ever seen or used, and the black shade is great too. Overall, its an ok palette but I have better palettes and just never reach for this one.

on 2/17/2015 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am in love with this palette. The shades are very pigmented & good quality. The looks you could create with all the different shades are endless. I like this palette a lot because it works for people of all skin tones, there are shades for everyone. The brush that it comes with works very good for blending and the tin container it comes in is sleek and compact. Overall I love this palette!!

on 2/16/2015 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Since I'm naturally blonde/pale skinned/etc I love nude colours for my eyes. This palette is the best thing that happened to me eyeshadow wise. I barely ever wore eyeshadow before this. Even the packaging is great the brush it comes with is great.

on 2/12/2015 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a lovely palette. The colors will suit every skin tone. There is a great mix of light and dark shades, which makes it easy to create multiple eye looks. I know a lot of people complain of too much shimmer, but I love the shimmer because I dislike mattes except on the browbone. My favorite shades are YDK and Snake Bite. They are great paired with other shadows or as a standalone. The reason I took off a lippie is because the eyeshadows do tend to crumble and have fallout, as many of Urban Decay's powder products do. But I recommend it to everyone. It's great.

This is my favorite of all 3 Naked palettes! These colors all go together nicely and stay all day with the UD primer that I got with it (and already use) my only complaint is that I wish there was another light colored matte shade or 2 to highlight with, but oh well. I like the packaging a lot. The price is up there but once I got it I could see why. I've been using this for my everyday "mom looks" and have also used it for more dramatic night out looks. Goes on softly and the black is the most pigmented black I've ever had. Love it!

on 1/20/2015 7:00:00 PM

Best colours for me of all of them

Popular Palettes