MISSHA Cho Bo Yang BB Cream

4.2

Water Titanium Dioxide Panax Ginseng Root Extract Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate Cyclopentasiloxane Dipropylene Glycol Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate Dimethicone Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone Phenyl Trimethicone Arbutin Cyclohexasiloxane Zinc Oxide Sodium Hyaluronate Calcium Stearate Ethylhexyl Salicylate Magnesium Sulfate Sorbitan Sesquioleate Diisostearyl Malate Talc Iron Oxides Beeswax Iron Oxides Iron Oxides Phenoxyethanol Tocopheryl Acetate Butylparaben Cordyceps Sinensis Extract Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract Disteardimonium Hectorite Fragrance Houttuynia Cordata Extract Hydroxyethylcellulose Methylparaben Propylparaben Triethoxycaprylylsilane Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer Propylene Carbonate Adenosine Asparagus Lucidus Root Extract Laminaria Japonica Extract Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract Bacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract Bletilla Striata Root Extract Echinacea Purpurea Extract Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract Cynanchum Wifordi Root Extract Lycium Chinense Root Extract Polygonum Multiflorum Root Extract Rehmannia Glutinosa Root Extract Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract Asparagus Cochinchinensis Root Extract Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract Cnidium Officinale Root Extract Coptis Chinensis Root Extract Ginkgo Biloba Nut Extract Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract Morus Alba Bark Extract Ophiopogon Japonicus Root Extract Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract Paeonia Lactiflora Root Extract Poria Cocos Extract Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract Silica Terminalia Chebula Fruit Extract Gold

on 7/14/2012 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This BB cream is THE BEST I have tried! Believe me, I have tried almost every Asian brand under the sun!(Perfect Cover, Skin 97 Diamond, Skinfood Mushroom, Dr Jart++ to name a few).
Cho Bo Yang has medium to heavy coverage and can be built up to hide redness, acne scars, and discoloration. The consistency is much thicker than M perfect cover. The smell is medicinal and semi-perfume-y. It reminds me of a Chinese herb & medicine shop. I use a pea size amount for my face and blend with a bare minerals kabuki brush. It appears very white (no gray cast) at first, but within 5 mins blends into your skin color. The oil control is great (compared to perfect cover), but I have dry skin so that may be why I don't have a shine by mid day. I wear it for a full eight hours to work with one touch up on the 5th hour. It gives my skin a glowing look without looking oily. It also appears the most natural looking out of all the BB creams I have tried. A deal breaker for me is if it causes breaks outs. This one DOES NOT ;)
I am very happy with this bb cream. I will be buying another bottle.

on 6/26/2012 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

As someone who doesn't need much coverage (my go-to makeup is Alima mineral foundation and blush) I think of BB creams as enhanced sunscreens -- and had high hopes for this almost unanimously praised version. With quite fair Asian skin (NC15-ish) even in summer, I felt confident ordering Cho Bo Yang in its lighter shade, Natural Beige. Turns out I'm still a couple of shades too dark for it. I agree that coverage is great, like a substantial liquid foundation, but for me it verges on mask-like, though I used only a 1/4-pea-sized amount of product over my entire face. Still, I'll be keeping this BB cream as a winter sunscreen and if that works well consider trying the darker shade. Two nagging questions: why is this BB cream so much pricier ($46) than Missha's Perfect Cover ($30)? And what in the world makes it the "Herbal Prescription BB Cream," according to Missha's website?

on 6/22/2012 12:07:00 PM

This is by far one of the best BBs I've tried. I've tried both Asian and some the US BB brands. I'm on my 3rd tube and I have another back up. Another product I can't go without. I am using the others that I've purchased but I have to put in additional work in order to get the finish I like. When I am in a hurry, I use Cho Bo Yang. I use my hand to apply and I'm out the door within minutes.

on 6/14/2012 9:45:00 AM

I use the Marcelle BB cream but it doesn't have sun protection so I thought I would try this one;

Pros
Sun protection
Good coverage
Very smooth ( I use the Beauty Blender to apply)
Doesn't cause breakouts
I ordered online and got lots of great little samples along with it!

Cons
What is up with the colour??
I am fair with Scottish/English/Irish colouring and it is still too light. I ordered the light thinking it would be good for my fair skin, it was too pale, so I ordered the dark to mix them and the dark alone is still too pale. I also noticed it has whitening properties in it, maybe it's an Asian thing. So if you are a woman of colour or have any colouring at all for that matter, this will be way too pale for you and pale in a greyish pale.

I'm thinking I might get a very dark foundation and mix a little in as it is a good product other than the colour.

on 5/30/2012 4:04:00 AM

I bought this product and just tried #1. Very thick sticky liquid. I put a few dots around my face and spread it out until it blend into my skin tone. Very good coverage. This is the first BB cream I have tried. Will buy again if I want to do makeup again.

on 5/25/2012 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Everything about this BB cream has been pretty much said. It is indeed, the best BB cream out there and I've tried quiet a few. It makes my skin looking natural, like I'm wearing no makeup. It covers so well and lasts all day. I do recommend it!

on 4/30/2012 2:54:00 AM

I picked this up this BB cream in a 20ml tube in shade No.2 Calm Beige during one of MISSHA's flash sales, probably one of the only times I would purchase them because this tube is otherwise $18 and the 50ml tube is $46! I'm not sure that it's worth that high of a price tag, but I will definitely vouch that the product is worth trying if you can catch the flash sales!

In the past I have also used a few BB creams including MISSHA's Perfect Cover and Signature Real Complete BB creams. I personally really like Cho Bo Yang BB Cream; it's faintly fragrant, it has a natural, semi-matte finish, and amazing medium-to-full coverage. This is currently the only BB cream I have tried so far with that kind of coverage. Unfortunately, because this covers so well, you need to match your skin tone if you can. Even more unfortunately, this only comes in 2 shades. I had their deeper shade, and although it eventually does come close to my skin tone after oxidizing, I must note that I do have yellow undertones and this neutralizes/dulls it just a little more than I would have liked.

One of the things that may be troubling about applying this BB cream is that it has a very, very thick consistency. Ranked from watery to viscous: Signature Real Complete, Perfect Cover, and Cho Bo Yang. Because this is a thick cream formulation, it can be difficult to spread this over the face, but this is eased by dotting it more frequently than you would if you had Perfect Cover and then patting and blending from there. The great thing about it being so thick is that it lasts all day! I find that this has the longest-lasting coverage of any BB cream I have tried.

While this BB cream is recommended for dry skin, I was also surprised that the cream itself feels far drier than any other BB cream I have tried. (Though most of the ingredient claims and anti-aging benefits are questionable; they seem a little old-fashioned and anecdotal...) But I found this beneficial anyway because I have combo-oily skin, and this BB cream, although a little heavy at first, has good oil control throughout the day; I have never had to blot. This may end up being a different case during the summer though when my sebum levels are much higher, in which case this BB cream may feel very, very heavy.

The deal breaker for most people with this BB cream will be the limited color selection (as with most BB creams), but go on the green light if you find a match!

I have tried quite a few BB creams and this is my favourite.
Neither too matte or too dewy it has a perfect creamy finish and the colour seems way better and not as grey as Perfect Cover. It is expensive but you only need a tiny amount so it should last for ages. Highly recommended.

First off I'm surprised more people haven't tried this or at least reviewed it. I know perfect cover has a lot of users who love it. I like perfect cover but I find the coverage to be a little more on the lighter side for me. I bought cho bo yang because I saw one of my favorite YT guru's raving about it so I thought I'd give it a try! So glad I did!! Ok for reference I am #117 in makeup forever and have very dry skin. I don't think it would be my best bet to wear this alone so I use cho bo yang emulsion underneath it and they both work together perfectly! Which also is kind of another review but I usually break out with moisturizers so for a while I had given up on using them which unfortunately was neglect to my dry skin and to what I believe has caused my caugh, caugh premature lines under my eyes so I'm glad I decided to give the emulsion a try because it hydrates my very dry skin without breaking me out. Finally! Anyways the cho bo yang gives medium to I'd say full coverage if you build it up but using more then a layer or 2 can look cakey with it. I use 1 layer and it covers my freckles and dark under eye circles really well. It looks very natural which I think is awesome because I don't like it looking like I'm wearing makeup. A little pricey I paid $45 off missha's website but I think it is worth the cost. I kid you not I think those fine lines I accrued under my eyes have smoothed out a little since using this. I definitely recommend this to anymore who wants a more medium coverage bb cream that looks natural. This and brtc gold caviar are my current favs right now! You gotta try this stuff you will not be disappointed! (:

on 4/7/2012 1:39:00 PM

I love this cream!

I do not know about the skin care properties, but this is one great foundation.

I wear shade #1. It is just a tiny bit darker than my NC15 skin. A lovely, light beige.

It stays on and on and on!

I can just use blotting paper on top of it if need be.

I wear the tiniest amount. It is a bit thick so applying a tiny amount only can be challenging.

It looks great around my eye area, too, as it does not accentuate the fine lines.

The SPF is a great plus for me, too.

The only problem is it is not sold in my home country. Grr! I hear there are fake BB creams, too, so how do I know I will get a genuine one as I am not able to buy it from a shop and Missha´s web store does not ship internationally?

BTW my sis uses this, too, and her skin looks better than EVER with ChoBoYang on!

EDIT: I will buy more! This is THE best foundation ever!