October 25, 2014 | 1827 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - Cho Bo Yang BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Autumn13

This is by far one of the best BBs I've tried. I've tried both Asian and some the US BB brands. I'm on my 3rd tube and I have another back up. Another product I can't go without. I am using the others that I've purchased but I have to put in additional work in order to get the finish I like. When I am in a hurry, I use Cho Bo Yang. I use my hand to apply and I'm out the door within minutes.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by sdelory

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use the Marcelle BB cream but it doesn't have sun protection so I thought I would try this one;

Pros
Sun protection
Good coverage
Very smooth ( I use the Beauty Blender to apply)
Doesn't cause breakouts
I ordered online and got lots of great little samples along with it!

Cons
What is up with the colour??
I am fair with Scottish/English/Irish colouring and it is still too light. I ordered the light thinking it would be good for my fair skin, it was too pale, so I ordered the dark to mix them and the dark alone is still too pale. I also noticed it has whitening properties in it, maybe it's an Asian thing. So if you are a woman of colour or have any colouring at all for that matter, this will be way too pale for you and pale in a greyish pale.

I'm thinking I might get a very dark foundation and mix a little in as it is a good product other than the colour.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by oppsgal

I bought this product and just tried #1. Very thick sticky liquid. I put a few dots around my face and spread it out until it blend into my skin tone. Very good coverage. This is the first BB cream I have tried. Will buy again if I want to do makeup again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Rebellaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Everything about this BB cream has been pretty much said. It is indeed, the best BB cream out there and I've tried quiet a few. It makes my skin looking natural, like I'm wearing no makeup. It covers so well and lasts all day. I do recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I picked this up this BB cream in a 20ml tube in shade No.2 Calm Beige during one of MISSHA's flash sales, probably one of the only times I would purchase them because this tube is otherwise $18 and the 50ml tube is $46! I'm not sure that it's worth that high of a price tag, but I will definitely vouch that the product is worth trying if you can catch the flash sales!

In the past I have also used a few BB creams including MISSHA's Perfect Cover and Signature Real Complete BB creams. I personally really like Cho Bo Yang BB Cream; it's faintly fragrant, it has a natural, semi-matte finish, and amazing medium-to-full coverage. This is currently the only BB cream I have tried so far with that kind of coverage. Unfortunately, because this covers so well, you need to match your skin tone if you can. Even more unfortunately, this only comes in 2 shades. I had their deeper shade, and although it eventually does come close to my skin tone after oxidizing, I must note that I do have yellow undertones and this neutralizes/dulls it just a little more than I would have liked.

One of the things that may be troubling about applying this BB cream is that it has a very, very thick consistency. Ranked from watery to viscous: Signature Real Complete, Perfect Cover, and Cho Bo Yang. Because this is a thick cream formulation, it can be difficult to spread this over the face, but this is eased by dotting it more frequently than you would if you had Perfect Cover and then patting and blending from there. The great thing about it being so thick is that it lasts all day! I find that this has the longest-lasting coverage of any BB cream I have tried.

While this BB cream is recommended for dry skin, I was also surprised that the cream itself feels far drier than any other BB cream I have tried. (Though most of the ingredient claims and anti-aging benefits are questionable; they seem a little old-fashioned and anecdotal...) But I found this beneficial anyway because I have combo-oily skin, and this BB cream, although a little heavy at first, has good oil control throughout the day; I have never had to blot. This may end up being a different case during the summer though when my sebum levels are much higher, in which case this BB cream may feel very, very heavy.

The deal breaker for most people with this BB cream will be the limited color selection (as with most BB creams), but go on the green light if you find a match!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by sparklemotion

I have tried quite a few BB creams and this is my favourite.
Neither too matte or too dewy it has a perfect creamy finish and the colour seems way better and not as grey as Perfect Cover. It is expensive but you only need a tiny amount so it should last for ages. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Castingcrowns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off I'm surprised more people haven't tried this or at least reviewed it. I know perfect cover has a lot of users who love it. I like perfect cover but I find the coverage to be a little more on the lighter side for me. I bought cho bo yang because I saw one of my favorite YT guru's raving about it so I thought I'd give it a try! So glad I did!! Ok for reference I am #117 in makeup forever and have very dry skin. I don't think it would be my best bet to wear this alone so I use cho bo yang emulsion underneath it and they both work together perfectly! Which also is kind of another review but I usually break out with moisturizers so for a while I had given up on using them which unfortunately was neglect to my dry skin and to what I believe has caused my caugh, caugh premature lines under my eyes so I'm glad I decided to give the emulsion a try because it hydrates my very dry skin without breaking me out. Finally! Anyways the cho bo yang gives medium to I'd say full coverage if you build it up but using more then a layer or 2 can look cakey with it. I use 1 layer and it covers my freckles and dark under eye circles really well. It looks very natural which I think is awesome because I don't like it looking like I'm wearing makeup. A little pricey I paid $45 off missha's website but I think it is worth the cost. I kid you not I think those fine lines I accrued under my eyes have smoothed out a little since using this. I definitely recommend this to anymore who wants a more medium coverage bb cream that looks natural. This and brtc gold caviar are my current favs right now! You gotta try this stuff you will not be disappointed! (:

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by annehelge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cream!

I do not know about the skin care properties, but this is one great foundation.

I wear shade #1. It is just a tiny bit darker than my NC15 skin. A lovely, light beige.

It stays on and on and on!

I can just use blotting paper on top of it if need be.

I wear the tiniest amount. It is a bit thick so applying a tiny amount only can be challenging.

It looks great around my eye area, too, as it does not accentuate the fine lines.

The SPF is a great plus for me, too.

The only problem is it is not sold in my home country. Grr! I hear there are fake BB creams, too, so how do I know I will get a genuine one as I am not able to buy it from a shop and Missha´s web store does not ship internationally?

BTW my sis uses this, too, and her skin looks better than EVER with ChoBoYang on!

EDIT: I will buy more! This is THE best foundation ever!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Chloeclover

I recently purchased a whole travel size trial kit of all Missha's BB creams. The Moisture and Matte BB Creams made me break out but this one stayed on my face through out the day and the oil control was way better than the Matte one. This one didnt make me break out and my face is pretty oily and sensitive!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Andalucian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Having checked out Missha's marketing of this particular BB cream ("best for dry and/or sensitive skin," "works better in drier seasons"), I picked up a travel size tube of this for my mother when I repurchased my beloved Perfect Cover. I ended up trying it instead when my typically-oily skin went through a more sensitive and dry stage... and my poor mother never got to see that tube. The Cho Bo Yang is actually a little thicker than Perfect Cover, and the texture feels a little more dry - not what I was expecting in a BB cream advertised for dry skin. It absorbs oil well, doesn't accentuate dry patches, and generally lasts all day for me. Coverage is medium but can fairly easily be sheered down or built up, and it looks remarkably natural. I don't know that ingredients like "velvet and pure gold" (???) necessarily help my skin in any way, but it hasn't aggravated any skin issues or caused breakouts or reactions for me. It's quick and easy to apply with my fingers in the morning, and I've gotten a lot of compliments on my skin when I've worn it. I love the squeeze tube - why don't more foundations use this packaging? The downsides... It is a bit expensive, with a $45.99 price tag for the 50ml size, but Missha does offer frequent promotions; I picked up a 50ml tube from the MisshaUS site recently for $9.99. And the shade range is extremely limited. I've been wearing shade 1 (Natural Beige), and it comes out of the tube almost a pale pinky-grey color. I was slightly horrified when I saw it, but somehow it adjusts well to my NW20 skin. I never thought I'd jump on the BB cream bandwagon - so few foundations actually last through my daily life (15-hour days, mostly working outdoors) without irritating my (sensitive, very breakout- and reaction-prone) skin, and I doubted BB creams would live up to the hype with their long lists of often bizarre ingredients. This and Perfect Cover have made a believer out of me.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No