Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

on 7/17/2015 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have purchased this concealer in Fair, Light, and Neutralizer. I am currently using Neutralizer. The formula works for me. It does slightly crease under my eyes -- but what concealer doesn't? I like using Fair under my eyes, but it's too light for my face. Light is good for my face, but not bright enough under my eyes. So this is why I decided to try Neutralizer. This is yellow-toned and brightens up my eye area and any redness on my face. I like this very much and love that it isn't too heavy/thick.

on 7/15/2015 11:34:00 AM

This is my fave product in my entire MU box at the moment. It is super silky, glides on and easy to blend. it matches my skin perfectly. It stays put all day. I love it. But then again so does most of MUA

on 7/15/2015 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great for dry skin, does not accentuate fine lines or cling to dry patches. Not a huge fan of the packaging - the sponge seems unhygenic and hard to clean. Concealer itself is good for covering dark circles and highlighting, I have mine in the shade medium. Wish this did not contain parabens.

on 7/13/2015 10:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Trust me when I say the sponge is unsanitary, it is hella unsanitary. My skin is not that easily irritated, so at first I didn't remove the sponge tip, and for a while it was fine. But after my sister borrowed this from me and used it on half a dozen of her friends, it broke me out merely hours after it touched my skin. I threw the sponge tip out immediately, and except for that isolated incident, I never had any problem with it since. Another reason why you too should toss the sponge, is that upon removal, I found it had absorbed so much product, which coagulated and stayed there, so as time went by even more product got trapped, and less could actually went through so I could use it. So save yourself the trouble, and chuck the sponge, honest advice.
Other than that, I think this is a great concealer personally. It's a bit thick, but doesn't dry too fast, it's super blendable, especially with fingers, and a little bit goes a loooong way. I only need one dot to cover my under eyes, the pores around my nose, the centre of my forehead, and if I still have some left I pat it on my lids and my purple veins there simply disappear. Besides texture (say, of a lumpy acne), it covers pretty much everything. I got it in Light/Pale, but to be honest it's still a bit pinkish for my very pronounced yellow undertone. But I don't really mind because I usually use it on small areas, plus I'm pale so I can get away with it. I don't find it cakey either, but maybe that's because I rarely use it on my dry cheeks, I use it mainly on my oily forehead and eye areas, and I don't even need to powder there. It dries to a smooth finish, I can still see and feel my skin underneath a very light layer, but so so smooth and immaculate. One tiny minus is that, I have very deep hollows that are really dark, almost seemingly bruised skin on the outer corners of both of my eyes, right under my lids (if you watch Wayne Goss you probably know what they are, he's like the only one person on Youtube that I have seen mentioned it). It creases to a line there and doesn't cover up much either, but that's has always been a problem area for me, plus this isn't entirely a color correcting concealer, so I'm not too upset about that.
Also, the twist up packaging takes forever for the product to get out, but if I twist more than 3 times, there's more product comes out than I would need. If I want to use it I always have to reach for the concealer first thing, twist it only twice, then go do my moisturiser and foundation, only about more than 5 minutes later will the product comes out. It's quite expensive as well, I blame it on the cumbersome packaging, if they had just made a simple packaging like the Fit Me, the two would have probably been similarly priced. So I'm really torn about whether if I want to repurchase. I mean to try the Fit Me one, if that one is just as good, I might change my allegiance, but if it isn't then this would become my go-to concealer, without a doubt.

on 7/7/2015 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have seen a lot of great reviews about this product by beauty blogger and Youtubers, but when I was looking online I saw that there were a lot of mixed reviews and especially here on MakeupAlley this concealer didn't receive a lot of great feedback.

I ended up buying this concealer anyway along with a two other drugstore concealers, the Rimmel Wake Me Up and the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. I have been using all three concealers and I have to say the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer is my favourite one!

I have dry skin, especially my under eye area, so I need to be careful that the concealer doesn't dry out my skin even more, settle into my fine lines or accentuate and lines that I have. The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer does a great job, because it is really moisturising and I love using it as an under eye concealer.

I'm not too keep on the applicator, but I blend out the concealer using the BeautyBlender sponge and it works great. This concealer gives light to medium coverage and does not crease. It's also long lasting and I don't need to worry about smudging or coming off in any way.

The only downside is that it only comes in two shades (at least in the UK), which is Light and Nude. I am currently using Light and it suits my skin perfectly.

I can highly recommend this product!

on 7/3/2015 9:24:00 PM

Itīs been a while since I had to get rid of this concealer.
I bought it like two years ago, and at first I was SO in love with it. It feels like weight and brightens beautifully. But after barely a few months, my undereye area turned into a sensitive mess; I gotta say that Iīm not sure wheter this product caused the itchiness...

My skin is dry and specially sensitive and "fragile" around the eyes, so too much concealer delivered some sort of allergic reaction. If I didnīt suffer from this condition, I think Iīd love the product. Anyway, once the allergic reaction was gone, I tried it again after some months and it irritated and dried my skin... I guess it was due to the matte formula. PLUS, the sponge is so unsanitary itīs insane... The packaging might be sleek, but the loss of hygiene does not justify it.

The overall rating its 50/50 since, even though I donīt think itīs a bad product, it definetly hurted my sensitive skin (and, oh, the hygiene...). The packaging itīs really nasty, and even if you attempt to clean the sponge on every single use, it will be a waste of both product and time.

on 7/3/2015 11:37:00 AM

I bought it because of all the raving that involved it and I didn't like it. I either have to set it as quick as I blend it because otherwise it changed its color, or use another concealer on top to cover up the orange shade that it gave me. I'm NW18 in MAC and I used this concealer in Light, I hear the ones that come in effects and not shades are better (like radiant I think). I'm not trying it again.

Could work as a corrector

The sponge is nasty
Packaging is not nice
Leaves orange under eyes unless set really quick

on 6/24/2015 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Has great coverage.

on 6/24/2015 11:31:00 AM

this is my HG drugstore concealer! i alternate between this and MAC pro longwear concealer, and i find this to be much more blendable and natural looking on my dry skin. love the easy applicator too, although it can get a little messy once it's been used for a while.

on 6/9/2015 12:29:00 PM

I swear by these they are the only other concealers i swear by besides my la girl pro concealers...i have 3...brightener....light...neutralizer.. they last all day and do not crease they have amazing coverage for being drugstore..i first use the neutralizer wich has a yellow base to it to conceal my very dark circles..then i will go over it with either the brightener or the light concealer depending on how bright i want my under eye.. they blend out very well i usually use a beauty blender but i have also used my small flat top kabuki brush for my under my eyes..either way it comes out great. One tip i do have is remove the sponge top and you will end up saving yourself alot of product instead of the sponge absorbing it all. I just use a small flat concealer brush after i twist the concealer out to pick up the product then apply to my face..this has never broken me out in any kind of way and as long as i set it with some setting powder i dont have to worry about creasing or getting patchy through out the day.. i dont believe it has any smell to it none that i have noticed anyway..oh the one thing that is annoying with this product is when you first get this product your gonna be twisting it for a while lol just take your time and try to be paintent bc if not amd you go crazy with the twisting you will waste alot of the product..also the sponge is antimicrobial so you dont have to worry about it getting all germ infested.. i definitely recommend this product its easy to use easy to just throw in your case or purse dont have to worry about it leaking bc the lid is nice and sturdy

Video Reviews & Tutorials