July 29, 2014 | 2073 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by beautylover94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! It's very inexpensive (anywhere from $2-$3) It's the perfect powder to wear over liquid foundation because it really sets it in. I love the price and the quality of the product, I have mine in beige and I just love it. I dont' reccomened just using the product by itself, its the the perfect product to wear OVER liquid foundation, but not to use by itself. It's an awesome product and I HIGHLY reccomend it. It's my everyday powder :D

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by xoxotoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is my reliable, beloved oil-blotting powder. i buy mine in translucent and it does the job without all the hype. if you are looking for a straight forward no-nonsense non-hyped no-frills shine absorbing powder that WORKS, this is the one you want. it's cheap! it WORKS! it will accentuate any dry patches you have, but just use some moisturizer on those spots & set your makeup with this pressed powder. the sponge that comes with it is a cheapy little kid type thing, but in a pinch it works just fine. the powder itself is pretty fine and smooth, it's not gritty; it's very light and evens out my complexion. i originally bought it as an emergency powder--i was going someplace & left my compact home & didn't want to spend $10 on more dang powder. it worked so well, i use it exclusively now. it's not pretty to pull out when you're out in public-- it's not a status thing, definitely. i'm thinking about getting a fancy compact & depotting it into there. nyc should sell fancy compacts separately so you can depot all their makeup into pretty containers. good stuff. get it. if you hate it, you're only out 3 bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by mishilafferty

Love! The powder is soft and gets the job done. For 3 bucks and some change, this product is amazing! I had to deduct a lippie because the packaging isn't the greatest. There's a gap on the side when I close mine up but it's not a huge deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by cSquaredFactotum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love this powder! it's super sheer, non-cakey and i use it to set in the morning and blot throughout the day. it is a lot better than their loose powder (though that isn't AWFUL). when i first saw the little sponge it came with i was like: yeah right. but being at a loss for powder puffs at the moment and not wanting to carry a brush around i used the sponge and i actually like it! this powder doesn't cake even with the sponge and if i apply too much i can just press it/dust it away with my fingers. you don't need to waste your money on expensive blotting/setting powders when this works just as well. the packaging in sleek but looks a little cheap and the hinge might break but hey, that's what ducttape is for, right?
NYC continues to impress me with their powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by XxOmgItsDaraxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this powder to set my undereye concealer,to make my face a bit matte and to set cream blush. I find it to be a lightweight powder and is actually translucent (doesn't leave a white mask on my NC40 skintone). I apply it with a kabuki brush and don't use a lot. I love that its a multitasking powder and I only have to pay a small price. The packaging isn't the most appealing but it hasn't broken so its worth it. Would recommend and buy again when I finish it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I would never use this powder when I put on my make-up in the morning - it's very white (and I'm very pale), and NOT translucent.
I DO use this, however, at school and at work when my face gets oily and shiny. I wouldn't suggest using it with the little sponge it comes with it, because it gets cakey. Instead, I use it with a mini (very mini) Ecotools Kabuki. It blots up the oil nicely and gives the slightest bit of extra coverage.
Gotta love the price too! Though the packaging it VERY cheap, I really don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by molakip

The best thing about any make-up product is its price (i.e. cheap!) and does what it claims WITHOUT causing skin irritations. For 3 bucks CDN, this is a steal for an easy go-to translucent powder when the disco ball shininess comes around.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It changed color on my face where my skin is more oily :s soo embarassing . It went darker on my forehead and nose, I looked ORANGE. Gross, never use it again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by MandySaysHaii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I put this product on over my NYC Smooth and Natural Matte Powder Foundation last night when i went out, and when i got home, i barely had a shine to my face! :) its non-comedogenic so it wont clog your pores and its oil-free. Ive used this product for a day, and so far im happy with it! :) as of right now i will repurchse.
If anything changes i'll write an update!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by sillychicken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I can give a comparison to MAC Blot Powder which I used for a few years.

This powder has a more natural look to it than Blot. Blot would start to look cakey after re-applying the 2nd or 3rd time of the day and this powder doesn't do that, Blot would oxidize on my skin as the day wore on and take on a orange hue and this powder doesn't change color, Blot would cause my skin to look oilier when I wore it (maybe it increased oil production?) and this powder doesn't, I had to remove Blot after a few hours with a wipe and then reapply to keep it from getting that cakey oxidized look but with this powder I just use blot sheets and reapply lightly to t-zone as needed. I like the color Translucent for my fair skin because it blends in so well that you can't even see it vs. in MAC the Medium looked "dirty" especially in photos and although the next shade Light was a closer match to my skin it was more heavy/chalky looking. This powder doesn't really add any color but it does get rid of the oily look especially from using sunblock so my skin looks the same color except matte.The only thing better about the Blot was that the compact was well made and more presentable for times when I need to whip it out to check something in my eye or whatever in public while the NYC compact is cheap looking with the way the logos are plastered all over the front cover and doesn't have a proper hinge (the compact in the photo looks a lot better with a more discreet logo than the one I bought which has shiny silver words covering most of it).