April 16, 2014 | 944 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner ] [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by martini8787

I love and adore this stuff! When it's a 120* outside and you want a cat eye you better not walk but run for this! There is a ton of product for only $4. It is soo silky and buttery when it first comes out making it super easy to use but it dries and sets so smudge and budge proof. I will never use any thing else for a cat eye! By the way I have super oily skin that makes all my other products have half the staying power but this stays put.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by katieturtle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh. I wish I could love this, but my stupid crazy oily make this smudge like crazy. :( the price is amazing and it's super creamy and great until a hour later. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by anna2095

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being an Asian with monolids that can never work with eyeliners on the waterline, I bought this one with very high hopes. It's a good product that I would buy again, but it definitely fades and smudges on my outer lash line and sometimes on the inner lash line. If you don't have monolids, maybe you can wear this eyeliner on the waterline with no problem, but I was disappointed. It gets points for the best eyeliner I've used, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Hiraaxo

I love this product! It's amazing how much of a dramatic effect it can give and also manage to stay on all day long! I find using this better than a liquid liner because you have more control when applying it. I will definitely be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by heavenz_desire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My HG gel eyeliner, easily. This beats MAC Fluidliner by a longshot. I couldn't tell you how many gel liners I've tried, but this one I've got nothing but mad love for.

C$4.51 price tag after tax, wears all day, applies super easily and smooth, jet black colour, and hasn't dried out within a couple months--what's not to love? Who cares if the packaging isn't pretty, it does the job. I hope they never discontinue this or raise the price... but even if they did, it'd still be worth it. Couldn't recommend this enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

I've been using this for months and realized that this is only just okay. In the beginning, I did love it. In terms of pigmentation and texture, it's easily on par with MAC. It didn't dry out for months (provided you tightly closed the jar and stored it upside down). However:

- Even when before it dried out, when I did a winged line, it still would transfer to the bottom corner of my lid throughout the day. I had to touch up with my felt tip liner and q-tips kept in my mu bag.

- It faded, even more so now that it's drier. Again, more touch up with liner. Barely 4 hours after applying and it begins to fade on me.

So I don't know, I guess for the price ($3.50 at Ulta), it was good, for a few months. But I don't like half a jar being wasted because it no longer performs well, even when it cost $3.50.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! I got the Midnight in Paris color and it lasts all day on the upper lid, and longer than any other gel liner I've tried on the waterline. I doesn't smudge, is pigmented and cheap. Will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Mametchi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

AMAZING!!!!!! I do the top cat eyeliner look almost daily and have struggled finding a good brand. I must have gone through at least 6 different drugstore eyeliners in the past year. Some work the first few times and then the felt brush weakens or the product smudges on my face. I have tried elf, revlon, almay, NYC...the list goes on. They're not cheap either. My favorite line of makeup is MAC but my bank account was low and I didn't feel like paying $15 for a gel eyeliner alone, nevermind the brush. I asked a girl who's cateye always looks flawless what type she uses. She said gel essence in midnight in Paris. It was two dollars online, so I said why not try it! I ordered it from Ulta, along with a brush (fine liner brush by real techniques). The results are amazing, I'll never use anything else. It goes on really smooth and the brush gives you great control. This gel eyliner allows you to get really close to the lash line. I'm also a contact lens wearer and it does not sting or irritate me eyes. This does not smudge, and provides hous of wear and looks crisp. Some reviews said that it takes a while to set, but I did not experience this, it dried quickly, and was mess free. Most liquid eyeliner users know what a relief this is, it's the worst when you're in a rush and the product is not cooperating. It looks like tere is a lot of product in the little container. It is also vegan and cruelty free. I am in love!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by gaohuian

OMG I really wanted to love this eyeliner after finding them in Watsons Singapore. I bought the Midnight in Paris, which wore so well in the humidity that is characteristic of Singapore.

However, at the same time, I also realised that my right eyebag was swollen! It seems to be an allergic reaction as this was the only new thing i had applied on my eye area.

OMG. It's weird that only my right eye reacted negatively. I'll see if it's possible to apply it when the swelling disappears. Will definitely update - i can't believe i'm allergic! I've never been allergic before to any cosmetic or facial product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty great gel liner. I have tried a few different gel liners, and this one is just as good as any of the better ones I have tried, but it costs much less. I have only used the black color of this liner, and I had it for about a year. The price is very affordable, and you really don't have to settle for a product that is lesser than any other gel liner. So why pay more? It comes in a little glass jar with a plastic lid. The packaging is very durable, and I never had a problem with it breaking, chipping, or coming undone in my purse. The reason that I would not repurchase this product is because of it's lasting power. I do not mean lasting power on the eyes, because it does stay all day. I am referring to it's lasting power in the jar. I have forgotten to put the lid on this liner maybe 3 times in a whole year. It didn't really affect this liner too much when I did so. However, the last three months or so of this year the liner has really changed. It is clumpy, impossible to work with, and is a very dull black. It is not the rich, deep color it once was. Nor is it creamy and soft anymore. I cannot even work with it any longer and apply it. I believe this is due to me having it for so long. I did use this almost every day, but I still have some left (which is usually a good thing!). I would prefer to find a gel liner that I can own for a long time without having to throw away the remainder of the product once the product gets too old. So, it's by no means a "bad" product. I am just looking for my HG gel liner, and want to try another gel liner first before I commit to this one forever. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone, so go for it!