July 29, 2014 | 1891 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

thought this was pretty darn great!
good pigmentation, rich color, CHEAP, and just a really great gel liner! :)
the consistency is reaaally creamy, im used the the maybelline studio one which does harden a bit but i dont have much issue, but this one is suppper slippery/creamy, which can be a good and bad thing. it made it harder to work for me personally

dries semi matte
i really do recommend this liner!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by imaiyarules

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the best makeup purchases I've ever made. I forget how much it was exactly now, but it was deff. no more than 4$ Canadian at Shoppers Drug Mart. The product is so creamy and easy to use. It is extremely black and doesn't budge, even on my oily lids. Moreover, you get tons of product for the price. I can't speak on the eyeliner brush Essence makes, but I want to try it out!

My only complaint is that Shoppers doesn't carry more colours :( Seriously, if you want to try a gel eyeliner, LOOK NO FURTHER. Absolutely incredible value, price aside; I think this could compete with any higher end brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by bettybear135

It's almost ALMOST a perfect gel liner. It's soooo rich, smooth, pigmented, creamy and it's dirt cheap. HOWEVER, it creases a lot more than most of my eyeliners. Even if I set this with a powder, or wear a primer underneath, it still creates a raccoonie look, not so pretty:/ but than again, I have super oily eyelids, so it might be just me. If you have dry skin, this will be your holy grail;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by bittertown

I've literally used this almost every day for a year, and I still haven't finished it. This eyeliner is absolutely fantastic. Very creamy, and easy to work with, dries fairly quickly, doesn't budge once you apply. It also helps that it's dirt cheap (I think I bought it for three to four dollars at Ulta). I seriously love this stuff, and would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

For the price this is a gem but I am reviewing based on the quality of the product itself. The color is black but transparent when applied so it takes a couple of times going back over the line to get a true black. This is problematic since the formula doesn't dry fast, it takes about 45-60 seconds to dry well enough for me to totally open my eye without getting any transfer and then moving to the other eye. This coupled with the sheerness of color makes applying my eyeliner a good 8-10 minute job and I just can't afford to spend that amount of time on a regular workday morning. Since money isn't the issue, I will gladly pay more to get a good, high pigmented eyeliner that will achieve what I want with a single application and faster dry time. For those that want a sheer line to give their eyelashes more fullness, then this would work great.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by jessicax21

Love it except it is not completely waterproof. My eyes tear a lot at the corners so when I wing my liner, it can tend to disappear, but other than that, very black, doesn't dry out quick, affordable, and long lasting except for the non waterproof factor :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by meganxoxo1996

I absolutely LOVE this gel eyeliner. i have two all time favorite gel/cream eyeliners, and this is one of them (the other is the wet 'n' wild one). the product is so creamy, you could probably dip your brush in all the way to the bottom of the jar. it is so smooth, and dries nicely without any clumps. it also dries pretty fast. it gives a very even application, and has fantastic staying power. it has never smudged on me (except when im a klutz and touch it while it is still drying). i dont think that it's completely waterproof, because when i tested it on my hand with water and i touched it, it did smear a bit. but if you just accidentally get water on your face and dont touch your eyes it should be fine. it is so pigmented and black, one of the blackest eyeliners ive used. i've had it for a couple of months now and there are no signs of drying out. the glass jar is sturdy, but i question the plastic cap sometimes because it might make it dry out sooner. I heard that they are planning to discontinue this product, so i'm definitely going to pick up more when i find it at ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by martini8787

I love and adore this stuff! When it's a 120* outside and you want a cat eye you better not walk but run for this! There is a ton of product for only $4. It is soo silky and buttery when it first comes out making it super easy to use but it dries and sets so smudge and budge proof. I will never use any thing else for a cat eye! By the way I have super oily skin that makes all my other products have half the staying power but this stays put.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by katieturtle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh. I wish I could love this, but my stupid crazy oily make this smudge like crazy. :( the price is amazing and it's super creamy and great until a hour later. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by anna2095

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being an Asian with monolids that can never work with eyeliners on the waterline, I bought this one with very high hopes. It's a good product that I would buy again, but it definitely fades and smudges on my outer lash line and sometimes on the inner lash line. If you don't have monolids, maybe you can wear this eyeliner on the waterline with no problem, but I was disappointed. It gets points for the best eyeliner I've used, though.