April 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Radiance

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by tinkeli

A HG primer for me! I have good, normal skin, but still feel this makes huge a difference. My makeup will stay fresh and dewy (in a nice way, not greasy) from morning 'til night despite humidity, heat etc.
The look it gives my bare skin is just lovely, makes me look more awake and youthful every time. Since it is a bit pricey, I often mix it 50/50 with my daily moisturizer and then apply - and it still performs perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by surfplum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a big fan of this stuff. If you're in the market for a primer, make sure to get the foundation primer "radiance" by laura mercier, not the regular foundation primer. This has a natural glow and I can wear this alone without foundation (in the summer at least) because it evens out my skin that much. I had been using Mac's prep+prime for a little while and then I got this primer in a sample tube, and had to make the switch. I use this primer, Revlon's photoready foundation, and laura mercier's invisible loose setting powder for work and my face looks fresh all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful product. I got a good-sized sample tube from Sephora, and I plan to purchase the full-size as soon as I use it up.

I only use this in the winter, when my skin isn't too oily. I like the way it makes my skin glow as if "from within". It does a great job of counteracting dullness on my 40+ skin.

I use this under Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation. I haven't tried it under any other foundations. But I think it would be great for anyone who wants to add radiance to their complexion. The product is aptly named.

Oh, and it does a great job of keeping my makeup on all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by shell11

LOVE this product! After using Smashbox's primer for several years now, I feel like I have been missing out all this time. It is super hydrating and has the prettiest glimmer to it which makes your skin look illuminated. It's even better used in the spring and sumer time, to give you that extra glow. Totally recommend this primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by deez724

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG primer. This primer really sets the skin and makes me look awake. It works well with both tinted moisturizers and cream foundations. It has a smooth, hydrating feel and not sticky or pasty like other primers I've used. It looses a lippie for being so expensive for something that goes under makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by culebra

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite primer. It works well as a primer. It does not cause break outs. My skin is pretty good so I use it alone and just use concealer in strategic places. It looks like my skin glows from within.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After using this primer I could NOT find a pore on my face! It was that perfecting. I have clear skin thanks to Accutane at one point and Retin A now but I am of Greek heritage and those pores come LARGE. This even shrunk the one I have had for 30 years, kind of an ice pick scar from a pimple dibalacle in my teens, yes I squeezed and unless I spend a lot of money at a derm it is with me, but this made it less than 1/3 the size.
The radicance is nice, I just hope it is not accentuating the little wrinkles I have hear and there. I will have to update. But if you are young, have large pores, GO GET THIS.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by mufejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying, I have extremely oily skin. I mean it. When I blot my face, the whole blotting sheet turns transparent, and this is just three/four hours into the day.
That being said, I thought, radiance primer...I dont know...
Then wonderful sephora was giving out free deluxe sized samples of it with an order of $30 or so. So I got it and tried it out
I am so glad I did
Seriously I didn't think anything would help me get that dewy glow. I use highlighters but I still didn't see that great of a difference.
Then I tried this primer. I used a dime size amount and I didn't see that great of a difference. Then I tried a larger amount, like a nickel, and it was wonderful! I looked so dewy and aamzing, but not oily!
And I used foundatino over it and it was even better
This product is slightly tinted but I have dark skin so it didn't look bad or antyhing.
My face looked wonderful and bright and radiant!
I used this under the new EL invisible fluid makeup and my friends all complimented my skin.
My problems with this primer are these:
1. It's somewhat hard to blend. I usually use my fingers for primer, but i find that I have to take my buffing brush with this because I don't feel like it spreads that great. But no worries, I save my fingers from getting dirty!
2. I don't know if it dries my skin slightly or not.Usually, after I blot, my skin looks normal. Now, with this primer, when I blot, I find some dry spots under my eyes. And I moisturize extremely well. Also, I find that my foundation really does stick to it. Not in a good way....it is somewhat hard to explain. If there was a spot where the primer wasnt beldned out 100%, then the foundation would kind of clump around it. Somewhat of a cakey effect. But I realized it might have been because I used a little too much. Nothing a little more blending can't fix!
But I love this primer and I'd recommend it to everybody!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by hannab52

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample from Sephora and at first when I tried it I thought it was pretty nice--product went on smoothly, my skin had a glow, looked healthier, etc. But when I looked at my skin a few hours after application, I don't know what happened but the shimmer in the primer seemed to be not only giving me a glow but also accentuating all my imperfections. The skin on my forehead looked a bit thick and leathery and the sun spots on my cheeks were gleaming! Not so pretty!

I'm thinking this might be better on younger skins, but it seems we older folk are the ones who really need the primer. I don't know--but something happened when this product mixed with the natural oils in my skin and it wasn't good. Definitely won't be repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaBiatch

I like this primer a lot! I was nervous when I saw it on my hand and how shimmery it looked, but when you put it on your face it is not nearly as bad, just gives you a slight glow. I put foundation over it so any shimmer disappears. The texture is really good though, I have very dry skin and it makes my face feel really hydrated. Foundation goes on amazingly and you can actually see the difference. Also, a little goes a long way so you only need to use a tiny bit of this product. I learned that mistake the first couple times and used way too much, lol.