September 14, 2014 | 1161 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Radiance

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by reg81

I got this as a free gift at Sephora, I tried it, and I love it! I am definitely going to buy this when I am out of the sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Jaclyn86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After trying a lot of different primers I am so glad I found this one! Is really easy to apply to the skin, and feels very nourishing and moisturising on the skin. I don't find this makes me look to shimmery at all, just adds a glow to the skin much like Origins Vitazing but without the orangey tone. The packaging is really nice, I like the tube compared to many other primers that come in pot packaging. Its much more hygienic. I've been using this year round under foundations. I wouldn't recommend using a moisturiser in combination with this, as I found it didn't settle into my skin as well when I did apply a moisturiser beforehand. Pricey, but a worthwhile investment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been searching for the best foundation primer for years. I've tried: Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer, NARS Pro-Prime, Hourglass Veil Primer, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, and many more. I'm not really acne prone, but I do find that if anything is going to break me out - it's going to be primer. Hourglass and Smashbox were especially responsible for this. Not huge, noticeable breakouts, but over time, I got little tiny bumps and less radiant skin.

I'm finishing my second tube of Laura Mercier Radiance. I've had no skin issues from it, no clogging, nothing. I have pretty normal skin, a little dry in the dead of winter. I do like my finished face make up to have a natural glow to it - not greasy or shiny, but not fully matte. (IE: I don't get crazy blotting my forehead in the middle of the day).

My routine: skincare (cleanse, tone, eye cream, drop of face oil, moisturizer), let my skin care sink in for 5-10 minutes, apply a dime sized amount of the Radiance Primer, let the primer sink in for 2-5 minutes, and apply my foundation. The primer on its own shows up on my face as a sheer, natural rose gold flush. It is not shimmery or glittery on me - more like that perfect natural glow. While my skin tone is tan, I have seen my pale friends use it with a beautiful result. However, I can imagine that oily skin or anyone that loves the ultra matte look may have an issue with Radiance.

It makes it easy for my foundation to glide on easily and I do notice better and longer wear of my foundation. Interesting, as I hated the original Laura Mercier Primer.

The price point is much more reasonable compared to other primers. I believe 32 dollars for 1.7 oz (NARS Pro Prime is 32 dollars for 1 oz, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer is 36 dollars for 1 oz)

I think I'll most likely continue re-purchasing... however, I have heard good things about Sunday Riley's Primer, so I might just have to try out a few samples.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirl25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this primer. Wasn't too sure about the "shimmer" effect at first because I have combo skin. I used a foundation brush to apply a light coat, then LM TM on top. Really helps the Tinted Moisturizer stay put. Doesn't feel heavy or clog pores. Gives a radiant glow :) Only complaint would be the lid doesn't meet the tube as well as it could.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by JoannaHollyx

I have used this primer for quite a while, I love it and it really helps my foundation stay on all day and makes my skin smoother and less cakey with makeup. However, I really cannot stand the smell of it which is the only downside.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by tinkeli

A HG primer for me! I have good, normal skin, but still feel this makes huge a difference. My makeup will stay fresh and dewy (in a nice way, not greasy) from morning 'til night despite humidity, heat etc.
The look it gives my bare skin is just lovely, makes me look more awake and youthful every time. Since it is a bit pricey, I often mix it 50/50 with my daily moisturizer and then apply - and it still performs perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by surfplum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a big fan of this stuff. If you're in the market for a primer, make sure to get the foundation primer "radiance" by laura mercier, not the regular foundation primer. This has a natural glow and I can wear this alone without foundation (in the summer at least) because it evens out my skin that much. I had been using Mac's prep+prime for a little while and then I got this primer in a sample tube, and had to make the switch. I use this primer, Revlon's photoready foundation, and laura mercier's invisible loose setting powder for work and my face looks fresh all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful product. I got a good-sized sample tube from Sephora, and I plan to purchase the full-size as soon as I use it up.

I only use this in the winter, when my skin isn't too oily. I like the way it makes my skin glow as if "from within". It does a great job of counteracting dullness on my 40+ skin.

I use this under Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation. I haven't tried it under any other foundations. But I think it would be great for anyone who wants to add radiance to their complexion. The product is aptly named.

Oh, and it does a great job of keeping my makeup on all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by shell11

LOVE this product! After using Smashbox's primer for several years now, I feel like I have been missing out all this time. It is super hydrating and has the prettiest glimmer to it which makes your skin look illuminated. It's even better used in the spring and sumer time, to give you that extra glow. Totally recommend this primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by deez724

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG primer. This primer really sets the skin and makes me look awake. It works well with both tinted moisturizers and cream foundations. It has a smooth, hydrating feel and not sticky or pasty like other primers I've used. It looses a lippie for being so expensive for something that goes under makeup.