November 1, 2014 | 771 users online

Pressed Powders - Estee Lauder - Lucidity Translucent Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 7:57:00 AM More reviews by andal

This powder is just GREAT. Translucent and lightweight, it glides on smooth and evenly. Ideal for touch-ups during the day. I have shade Medium (03).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2007 6:47:00 AM More reviews by gupalsmurthpadacal

Pros:
Good for pale skin,
goes on smoothly,
works well at keeping everything in place,
doesn't agitate sensitive skin.

Cons:
Can separate slightly if you have greasy skin,
the pad it comes with isn't the best for application.

Overall: I really like the product I have really pale skin and find it hard to find products that don't turn me orange!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2007 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Beautiful_But_Dorky

I'm torn on this one. I like that this powder truly does hold well and feels silky at the same time. But, like other reviewers, I have to say that this must be applied carefully or else it looks like a ghostly mask. And I hate the smell! I used to like that the fragrance was flowery, but now I feel it overpowers everything else. If I wear too much powder, I smell the stuff all day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 2:13:00 AM More reviews by ozone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have wasted my money on this product, don't know what to do with it now. THis powder feels so silky, but it doesn't go smooth on my skin. I feel like I am using baby powder on my face. It dried my skin as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by aquariusa

Bought this powder awhile ago and it looked good at the store but I hated it when I got home. It looked muddyish, but was okay with a powder brush. I would have only been satisfied with it if it was under $25 but it was over that and truly a waste of money. Oh yah it had a bad smell. The only plus was that it wasnt cakey.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2007 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Abigpinkpanther

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to buy this powder because its the only one that fits my sweetromancejewlery
collectable compact. When i buy it I'll tell yall what i think!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2006 2:18:00 AM More reviews by ylchag

I have a sample size of this in a gwp palette - and its the only thing in there I've used down to the last bit! But it might also be b/c I don't have any other translucent powder right now..I like the smell and it hasn't irritated my usually sensitive skin at all. It gives me a nice, soft-focus kind of finish, although I wouldn't say it does anything amazing as far as oil control and staying power go. But with regular touch ups it does help my concealer look better and my skintone more even overall. I have combo/med-asian skin. Will prob purchase the full size and use it often.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2006 4:56:00 PM More reviews by shalalala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the quality of this powder, but the smell is too much for me. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2006 4:48:00 PM More reviews by hooked

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have two of these in collectible compacts. The compacts can cost as much or twice as much as the regular plastic blue ones BUT you can get the refills for under 10. I love how the compacts are small enough to fit into your purse. I keep one with me and one at home. The powder is perfect for soaking up shine on the T-zone. I just pat it on. No chalky residue on me. Finely milled. For reference, combination skin, asian.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2006 4:20:00 AM More reviews by DaiBMui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. It's very finely milled (more so than MAC's Blot powder, IMO). It never cakes, even if I put on a little too much. The sponge that comes with it works fine (though it might initially take a day or two to air out the plastic-y smell), but it works even better with a brush. This powder is fragranced but it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and the scent will dissipate after a while. I have dry skin so I don't really need to reapply, but it might not be enough for oily/ combo skin. I have pale Asian skin & the shade works great (not ashy, doesn't turn orange, etc.) though I suspect it will work for most light skin tones as well. This really is translucent & it makes my skin GLOW.

My only qualm is the packaging; the compact is quite large so I can't swap pans.