August 23, 2014 | 1885 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Sheer Blonde Highlighting Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Korr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used the Platinum to Champagne sheer Blonde shampoo when I had blonde highlights in my hair last year, and it kept my hair color from fading or getting dull. It just added a little extra something to it! That was a while ago though, and this morning I ran out of my normal shampoo so I used this one- even though my hair is back to its natural color (dark brown). And after my hair dried, it was actually lighter! I guess it brought out the natural highlights in my hair and lightened them, because now it looks like I have golden highlights... I like this product, but I didn't expect it to lighten my hair. The smell is also very nice, maybe a little too strong for me, I continually smelled it throughout the entire day, and my hair feels very clean as well. As for the packaging, it isn't flimsy, but a little on the small side for my opinion-especially for shampoo. As a whole, I would say this product is pretty good, but make sure you don't mind your hair getting a bit lighter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This definitely does make the hair blonder, and the tone of the blondeness quite nice, and not brassy or yellow. I notice the quality of my hair's colour improves significantly when I use this. It's comparable to clairol shimmer lights without the grandma smell, and in a much more attractive bottle. My hair texture has not improved nor gotten worse with this. The effect on the colour though definitely makes this a re-buy product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by PinkSoFoxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this shampoo and conditioner in Platinum to Champagne for a few months. I like it and it does brighten my highlights, it's subtle but noticeable to me. I wouldn't use this everyday because it does seem to be a bit drying. Instead I use it as a clarifying shampoo once a week and it's great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2009 3:39:00 AM More reviews by ssheff

although this product doesn't seem to make your hair blonder...it does have several pros
1. it rinses out and doesn't leave shampoo build up
2. it smells amazing
3. it makes your hair soft
4. a little goes a long way
i first used it at my cousin's house (she is blonde). i loved the way it made my hair feel so i bought some myself even though my hair isn't exactly blonde, more like a light brown. but i think this is a great product no matter what color your hair is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by imnotreallyadoctor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first good shampoo I've had the privilege of using in such a long while. My hair's like, super fine, so I figured I'd try this out since my mom already bought it (despite my hair's red-tinted brunette-ness). The first day I used it, people asked me if I coloured my hair because it was so significantly lighter. A friend also commented that my hair looked "so voluptuous". My hair also dries a lot faster than when I would use other shampoos, and it doesn't smell too bad.

The only thing is that you need a large amount to make it fully clean your hair. I may have thick hair, but it's also very layered and I don't usually need such a large amount; this shampoo ust refuses to lather up. But all things considered, I would definitely recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Chritylala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually use this shampoo on my highlited hair to obtain body for my dried out hair. I haven't noticed any difference in the tone of my hair, but it really makes my hair bouncy without drying it out or making limp. I think it should be called Sheer Blonde Volumizing shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by fairyprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite! I've tried other brands that said they enhance your color and add highlights, but I always come back to this one. Frieda's Sheer Blonde line is just in a class by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by smithjennm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have my hair highlighted every three months, and no matter how light or dark I go in the variation of blond, I use this line of shampoos and conditioners (lately I have alternated between it and Loreal Everpure shampoos and conditioners, b/c they have UV filters). Sheer Blonde always makes my hair feel nice and look nice. The scent is subtle and not overpowering, and it lathers well (something that bothers me a little about the Everpure brand). Sheer Blonde brings out my blonde highlights and even the darker lowlights really well. A little bit goes a long way- the products last a while- and I have found that this line works just as well as other higher priced lines, like Redken. I've stuck with it with years and will continue to.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by mikkids

only used one time
smells great
but didn't notice difference as far as color enhancing
will continue using and give it some time

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by arahitah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product! It works just as well, if not better, than the expensive products and makes my blonde look gorgeous. I have thin, fine, oily, and color-treated hair; it's difficult to find products that don't weight it down, but this certainly doesn't make my hair limp.