December 18, 2014 | 1656 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by cr1000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really good if you have really dry or sensitive skin.
Some people have complained that it leaves a film of product that is hard to get off and that is true, but it comes off of my skin when I dry my face with a towel. It feels like a protective layer that is protecting my skin from the elements too, which is great during the harsh winters. It also leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. I noticed that after the first time I used it.

For people looking for truly green and natural products, look elsewhere. Burt's Bees is not nearly as natural as they would like you to believe.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by emmerdale941

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you want your cleanser that is hard to rinse off your face and hands and leaves a greasy film on your face, you'll love this cleanser. This stuff was gross. I bought it today at noon and within a half hour it was in the trash. Normally, I'd try to salvage a newly bought product that turned out to be a dud - like using it to quickly wash my face in the shower or keeping it to use when I'm in a pinch and out of my normal cleanser. But not this one.

It is thick, greasy, and overpriced. I don't know why I keep trying Burt's Bees products. Ever since they were bought by Clorox a few years ago the quality of their products has nosedived (not to mention that they aren't as "green" and "natural" of products as they want people to believe). This brand continues to disappoint me and this cleanser was the last straw. Save your money. Or, give Weleda's Cleansing Milk a try. That stuff is wonderful, milky and what Burt's Bees' sensitive facial cleanser wishes it could be.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by thebreezyboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE the way it makes my skin feel! It doesnt irritate my skin at all! My ONLY problem is it doesnt not fully remove my foundation and concealor around my eye/nose are. I use eye make up remover for my eyes anyways but now added a cosmetic wipe to remove what burts bees doesnt take off. This is very soothing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by krf87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying, I have extremely sensitive, acne prone skin. Everything breaks me out. I wanted to give this cleanser a far chance, so I've been using nothing but this cleanser for a little less than a month now. I use it in conjunction with the olay prox cleansing tool. No moisturizer, or serums of any kind, cleaning my face only once a day, at night.

- Moisture, this cleanser leaves my face silky smooth. Even without moisturizer, I have no tight feeling, or rebound breakouts because of dryness.

- Acne, this cleanser did not cause me to break out at all. It cleared the rest of my breakouts, pretty slowly. But it didn't add to the issue. In fact, I barely broke out during that time of the month. Which is huge for me.

- Cleansing, I'm not a big makeup person, so I'm usually not wearing a lot. And with the olay tool, I don't have to bother with left over makeup. But I could imagine that this cleanser would have troubles removing it all. It doesn't foam like we're used to.

Overall, my skin really loves this cleanser. It holds my acne at bay far better than acne washes. It has an extremely faint smell. My skin tone has evened out, and even in the start of winter, it's kept my face well hydrated and smooth. 1 bottle lasted me a little of a month, but i use quite a bit. Would definitely recommend over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by bluemamka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fairly sensitive skin right now, and just about anything irritates it. My skin seems to love this cleanser at the moment. I leaves my skin soft and very comfortable. It's a very thick cream with no foaming or anything. The only downside for me is that if I happen to be wearing more makeup than usual, it doesn't really get it all in the first go, and I have to rewash or use a toner. Otherwise, it's perfect on my little to no makeup days. It is unscented but there is a very light natural scent to it that is kind of creamy and spicy. I will be purchasing more of this for my dry, irritated and sensitive days.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by napoleandynamite

I received this product from a BzzCampaign. I probably wouldn't have bought this product otherwise but glad I had to the opportunity to try it. I usually use Neutrogena'a Natural face wash but do find it to be a little too perfumey. This doesn't have too much fragrance to it. It is very emollient feeling. It leaves my skin feeling very refreshed and not dry feeling at all. I still need to use an eye makeup remover to remove the remaining mascara and eye liner left behind, but I have yet to find a facial cleanser to completely remove ALL of my makeup. I really like that it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight like other cleansers do. I would definitely would consider repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by thecalhounian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First off, I got this and the moisturizer as part of a BzzCampaign. I am here to give my honest opinion on this product.
I would not have normally noticed/given thought to buying the cleanser until now.
There are many things I like about it. The consistency is very creamy and easy to apply/spread on my entire face. It easily washes off, too. A little goes a long way. However, it's not a good idea to use it to take off makeup because it is a gentle cleanser. I like that it's all natural, and I love Burt's Bees in general so I was glad I got a chance to try this out. Within the first week, it cleaned well and I used it every morning. My face was extremely soft and it helped a lot with acne!! I was always using harsh products but now I see using gentler products prevents my face from getting irritated. The smell is pleasant. However I also noticed my face began to get really dry after the first week, but I use a little moisturizer after washing and my skin is just fine.

Overall, I have seen a really good improvement in my skin. I still get breakouts but not as much. I feel it is a quality, all-natural product that works. It does dry out your skin so I wouldn't suggest using this if you already have some dryness because it will aggrivate that. $10 is pretty expensive for just a cleanser to me but I consistently use this everyday and it lasts long so I would buy it again once I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by sexyann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this free because I am a BizzAgent. I really appreciate that the Burt's Bees company sent me the sensitive skin face wash, but it was not for me. for reference, I have dry, sensitive skin as well as rosacea. The face wash smelled of menthol and that is not something I am willing to put on my face (because of the rosacea).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by NeonSnow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Burt's Bees has always been a favorite brand of mine since I like to incorporate natural products into my life whenever possible. I was excited to hear that they were coming out with a line of products for sensitive skin and that I'd receive a sample product of their new sensitive skin facial cleanser, as part of a Bzz campaign but this cleanser was really disappointing as it's just too irritating for me.
The one thing I did like was that it took away all the dirt, oil and makeup from my skin and that my skin felt smoother initially but after using it for a week, my skin was much drier and it was actually irritated and red from this product. I went back to my usual cleanser and now my skin is back to normal again.
I would recommend this product to someone without sensitive skin that wanted an all natural skin cleanser, I think it would work for you, as it does clean and smooth your skin but it's too irritating and drying for someone like myself with annoyingly, dry, easily irritated, skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Jescaoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I too am a Bzz Agent and was sent this cleanser along with the moisturizer for review. I was quite excited to try this out as I am a huge fan of the Burt's Bees products (specifically the lip balms!) but I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I have to agree with some of the other reviews in that it is a quite thick consistency. Once applied it is a thick non foaming cream cleanser that takes a while to wash off. It doesn't remove much on my minimal makeup days yet alone my heavy duty foundation. I feel like I always have to use a toner after using this to actually feel like my face is clean. I am acne prone and it hasn't irritated my skin so I continue to use it, but only as my morning cleanser as I feel I don't need a heavy duty cleanser in the morning. I don't think its a bad product but it doesn't fit my needs for a cleanser. I feel for more mature skin in need of moisture this would be really great, considering my mom seems to be enjoying it. Personally the thickness is off putting and I would not repurchase.