Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water, eau), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), sucrose stearate, cetearyl alcohol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, gossypium herbaceum (cotton) flower extract, oryza sativa (rice) extract, beta vulgaris (beet, extrait de racine de betterave) root extract, quillaja saponaria bark extract, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, yucca schidigera leaf/root/stem extract, artemisia umbelliformis extract, euphrasia officinalis extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane, extrait de canne à sucre) extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, silica, sucrose, fructose, glucose, coco-glucoside, inositol, maltodextrin, citric acid, benzoic acid, trehalose, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, CI 77947 (zinc oxide), alcohol denat., phenoxyethanol.

I have to start this off with the fact that I received this product through a Bzz campaign...along with the moisturizer from the same line of products for sensitive skin. My thoughts on this skin cleanser? I like the fact that there is barely a detectable odor.. a bonus for those who not only have sensitive skin, but sensitive noses as well. It feels wonderful when you use it.. creamy and soft on the skin but I find it does not remove make up like other cleansers do, so it would be good as a morning cleanser perhaps? Also, it is very hard to adjust how much comes out of the package, I know this seems insignificant, but it is too easy to squeeze out too much, which wastes alot of product.. and for the cost ( I think it is 12.99 CAD) It can be an issue for those on a budget who need to watch how much of a product they use. As for my acne prone skin, I am not sure on that.. I don't "think" its actually causing acne, but cannot be too positive as I am at the hormonal stage of the month so to speak.. But over all, a very gentle, non-irritating cleanser that I imagine would be easily tolerated by most. I have noticed I do not have the dry patches in the usual spots on my face since I started using this.. but it can leave a slight film on the face that I notice even after I dry my skin.. but this film could also be the reason why I don't have those dry patches.. which begs the question... over time, would that "film" cause any problems, i.e acne, cycstic acne, etc.. I probably would not purchase just because of the what ifs.I will update if necessary as I continue to use the product.

on 2/6/2012 1:04:00 AM

I have pretty sensitive skin and I felt like it didn't clean my face very well and then it made me break out. I am not really a fan. My face never really felt clean after washing. I prefer the L'oreal 360 Clean for Sensitive Skin and it costs half the price of the Burt's Bees.

on 1/20/2012 11:25:00 AM

Really good if you have really dry or sensitive skin.
Some people have complained that it leaves a film of product that is hard to get off and that is true, but it comes off of my skin when I dry my face with a towel. It feels like a protective layer that is protecting my skin from the elements too, which is great during the harsh winters. It also leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. I noticed that after the first time I used it.

For people looking for truly green and natural products, look elsewhere. Burt's Bees is not nearly as natural as they would like you to believe.

on 1/13/2012 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

If you want your cleanser that is hard to rinse off your face and hands and leaves a greasy film on your face, you'll love this cleanser. This stuff was gross. I bought it today at noon and within a half hour it was in the trash. Normally, I'd try to salvage a newly bought product that turned out to be a dud - like using it to quickly wash my face in the shower or keeping it to use when I'm in a pinch and out of my normal cleanser. But not this one.

It is thick, greasy, and overpriced. I don't know why I keep trying Burt's Bees products. Ever since they were bought by Clorox a few years ago the quality of their products has nosedived (not to mention that they aren't as "green" and "natural" of products as they want people to believe). This brand continues to disappoint me and this cleanser was the last straw. Save your money. Or, give Weleda's Cleansing Milk a try. That stuff is wonderful, milky and what Burt's Bees' sensitive facial cleanser wishes it could be.

on 12/8/2011 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I LOVE the way it makes my skin feel! It doesnt irritate my skin at all! My ONLY problem is it doesnt not fully remove my foundation and concealor around my eye/nose are. I use eye make up remover for my eyes anyways but now added a cosmetic wipe to remove what burts bees doesnt take off. This is very soothing!!

on 11/20/2011 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Let me start by saying, I have extremely sensitive, acne prone skin. Everything breaks me out. I wanted to give this cleanser a far chance, so I've been using nothing but this cleanser for a little less than a month now. I use it in conjunction with the olay prox cleansing tool. No moisturizer, or serums of any kind, cleaning my face only once a day, at night.

- Moisture, this cleanser leaves my face silky smooth. Even without moisturizer, I have no tight feeling, or rebound breakouts because of dryness.

- Acne, this cleanser did not cause me to break out at all. It cleared the rest of my breakouts, pretty slowly. But it didn't add to the issue. In fact, I barely broke out during that time of the month. Which is huge for me.

- Cleansing, I'm not a big makeup person, so I'm usually not wearing a lot. And with the olay tool, I don't have to bother with left over makeup. But I could imagine that this cleanser would have troubles removing it all. It doesn't foam like we're used to.

Overall, my skin really loves this cleanser. It holds my acne at bay far better than acne washes. It has an extremely faint smell. My skin tone has evened out, and even in the start of winter, it's kept my face well hydrated and smooth. 1 bottle lasted me a little of a month, but i use quite a bit. Would definitely recommend over and over again.

on 11/15/2011 12:43:00 PM

I have fairly sensitive skin right now, and just about anything irritates it. My skin seems to love this cleanser at the moment. I leaves my skin soft and very comfortable. It's a very thick cream with no foaming or anything. The only downside for me is that if I happen to be wearing more makeup than usual, it doesn't really get it all in the first go, and I have to rewash or use a toner. Otherwise, it's perfect on my little to no makeup days. It is unscented but there is a very light natural scent to it that is kind of creamy and spicy. I will be purchasing more of this for my dry, irritated and sensitive days.

I received this product from a BzzCampaign. I probably wouldn't have bought this product otherwise but glad I had to the opportunity to try it. I usually use Neutrogena'a Natural face wash but do find it to be a little too perfumey. This doesn't have too much fragrance to it. It is very emollient feeling. It leaves my skin feeling very refreshed and not dry feeling at all. I still need to use an eye makeup remover to remove the remaining mascara and eye liner left behind, but I have yet to find a facial cleanser to completely remove ALL of my makeup. I really like that it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight like other cleansers do. I would definitely would consider repurchasing!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

First off, I got this and the moisturizer as part of a BzzCampaign. I am here to give my honest opinion on this product.
I would not have normally noticed/given thought to buying the cleanser until now.
There are many things I like about it. The consistency is very creamy and easy to apply/spread on my entire face. It easily washes off, too. A little goes a long way. However, it's not a good idea to use it to take off makeup because it is a gentle cleanser. I like that it's all natural, and I love Burt's Bees in general so I was glad I got a chance to try this out. Within the first week, it cleaned well and I used it every morning. My face was extremely soft and it helped a lot with acne!! I was always using harsh products but now I see using gentler products prevents my face from getting irritated. The smell is pleasant. However I also noticed my face began to get really dry after the first week, but I use a little moisturizer after washing and my skin is just fine.

Overall, I have seen a really good improvement in my skin. I still get breakouts but not as much. I feel it is a quality, all-natural product that works. It does dry out your skin so I wouldn't suggest using this if you already have some dryness because it will aggrivate that. $10 is pretty expensive for just a cleanser to me but I consistently use this everyday and it lasts long so I would buy it again once I run out.

on 11/5/2011 3:00:00 PM

I received this free because I am a BizzAgent. I really appreciate that the Burt's Bees company sent me the sensitive skin face wash, but it was not for me. for reference, I have dry, sensitive skin as well as rosacea. The face wash smelled of menthol and that is not something I am willing to put on my face (because of the rosacea).