L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Disodium EDTA, Rayon, Ethylparaben, Nylon-6, Polyvinyl Alcohol, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Silica, Synthetic Wax. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide. (Taken from packaging 05/2011)

on 6/27/2013 1:28:00 AM

Love love love this mascara. It lengthens nicely and does a great job with seperating. I find the price is high for a drugstore product but was lucky and got on sale for $7 at shoppers drugmart. I find the packaging is a little tacky looking though. But no biggy

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is probably the worst mascara I've ever used. I bought it because I thought it would be a cheaper alternative to the other fiber mascaras sold at Sephora. The brush is extremely awkward and makes it difficult to apply. The formula does nothing for my lashes except clump them up. The mascara smudges way too much and I look like a panda within hours of applying. I regret buying this mascara and should've just spent the extra money to buy the other fiber mascaras out there. I will never ever buy this mascara again.

PROS: It's thickening and somewhat lengthening.

CONS: Horribly awkward to use brush. Cannot tell you how much I hate the brush. Goopy formula. Huge tube that is very awkward to store in purse, etc.

ALTERNATES: The Falsies by Maybelline (then covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof) or The Rocket by Maybelline (waterproof version) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, Covergirl Professional Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof, OR The new Manga mascara by L'Oreal is fantastic for length and volume that lasts a long time without smudging; I'm kind of in love with it.

APPLICATION TIPS: I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler

I have SHORT lashes-but tons of them, so I am always look for lengthening mascaras. This one has worked well for me-but not for all-day use. I have tried the waterproof one and regular, and while the waterproof lasts a little longer, it's still not an 8-hour work day mascara for me. But for a night out for a few hours? WOW. It gives me tons of length and never gives me raccoon eyes (although I don't have dry skin-so oily skin might change this). Overall I love it for a LE night-out or special occasion mascara, and I will repurchase.

The packaging LOOKS cool, but the handle makes it kinda strange to apply. Just mentioning because I have read that other people thought the same thing.

Definitely worth a try for under 10 bucks!

on 4/30/2013 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Bought because I love the original Voluminous, but this was super disappointing. Didn't work. Ran out very quickly.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This mascara did not work for me. When I first put it on, it does not give me much volume or length. Does not hold a curl either. I feel like it makes my lashes feel dry and brittle. And worst offense, it flakes on my under eyes during the day.

on 4/14/2013 4:01:00 PM

I love this mascara! volumizes, lengthens, builds, holds curl. Does not flake! Works better for me than any of the Lash Blast's, Collosals, DiorShows, or XXL's.

on 4/3/2013 11:27:00 AM

Not a bad mascara, but there's no way it gives anything remotely like false eyelashes. There are plenty better volumizing mascaras out at the drugstore level.

on 3/30/2013 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is my holy grail mascara.

I enjoy dramatic lashes, as I feel totally naked without mascara. Therefore, I am pretty picky over mascaras.
This:
1. Lengthens and thickens them as if I have false lashes on.
2. Builds extremely well. No clumps.
3. Does not smudge or flake
4. Very dark black
5. Does not make my eyelashes feel dry, hard, or crunchy

I cannot say enough good things about this mascara! I highly suggest picking it up if you are a lover of thick eyelashes.

on 3/28/2013 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my #1 favorite mascara! A friend of mine who buys a much pricier name brand at Sephora compared our new tubes and we both agreed that mine won favorite. She was ticked cuz she spent SO much more than me! It makes my lashes big and separates them well. I do agree that after a month of so, it can begin to dry up, still works, but is a little more difficult to put on. But with how much I save, I don't care if I want to pamper myself to a new tube before the old one runs out! LOVE IT!!!