October 24, 2014 | 1210 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm loving this. It matches my ~NC20 skin perfectly. My skin is combo, leaning more towards dry, so I like that this gives a satin, almost dewy finish. It looks great on its own, which is really nice for those days when I'm looking for a quick fix to even everything out. Coverage is light to medium, but very buildable. It works well for me as a setting powder too, buffed in with a kabuki brush, it really blends all of your makeup together nicely. I like to lightly dust MUFE's HD powder on top of that, and my makeup looks picture perfect all day.

I'm not a very oily person, so I'm not sure how well it would work for someone with that skin type.

I've been using it for a few weeks now, and it hasn't broken me out. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by ramdog17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder! Perfect match for my skin and does not make me look heavily made up. No breakouts or blemishes associated with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by NAK4beauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was on the search for a good pressed powder that would give me some coverage, set my foundation, and just give me that all over 'better' look to my foundation while not looking cakey or powdery. I really thought that I found my HG powder. It looked amazing! Soooo natural yet flawless. It really looked like I had no powder on my face. On top of that, light plus was a perfect match for my nc20 skintone and didn't oxidize throughout the day. But the reason I WILL NEVER USE THIS AGAIN: it gave me little bumps ALL OVER MY FACE. Not painful cystic acne or anything like that, but skin-colored bumps everywhere. :( It just really made my skin look bad w/o mu. My skin is more important to me then makeup so I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Emma93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Overall, I love this product. It gives me a matte yet dewy finish and looks very very natural. It is the perfect powder that I have been looking for. It is the very first powder that doesn't make me look cakey (and I tried it with some foundations that usually look cakey when set with powder).
The only downside to this is though, that it is a little bit too light for me. It is winter, so I can wear it, but it makes me look a little pale and sick. This is the reason I said, that I would not repurchase it. I am still rating 5 stars, because it is not the product's fault that the MAC lady matched me wrong. (Due to the lightning in that shop, it really looked like a good match, though). I should've gotten this in Medium. (I tried tried to return it, but they won't take it back. I've only used it once, still have the original packaging and the reciept not very customer friendly..)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Bucephala

It's strange that Light Plus hasn't been reviewed yet. Oh well. I really love this product for setting my makeup or as a sheer foundation in the summer. The colour suits my fair, cool complexion very well. If you are looking to use this as a medium cover foundation, then you will be disappointed. I will definitely repurchase this again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No