April 20, 2014 | 887 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by AngelOfDeath

When I first bought this product I was not overly fond - I found that it accentuated the dry areas of my face and could look quite patchy. However, after making sure my face was hydrated and I was using a good primer, I went back to it to find it look amazing. There are a few things you should know with this product, for example: if you're going to use it then make sure your face is well hydrated - it will only accentuate your dry patches. Also, without the right technique I find it to settle into your pores, so use a brush, and pat on with your fingers anywhere you feel you need a little extra coverage. It is a dewy finish, and I find it gives amazing coverage - a little goes a long way. All in all, a good product, and one I would definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by ccddmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first it seems to be so thick and dry even my skin is oily but one day i decided to use this with a wet makeup sponge i adore how it nice looking on my skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

This foundation is odd....I couldn't quite place my finger on what about it exactly
I did not like. First of all the coverage is pretty bad, for such an expensive foundation
I would expect a bit more pigmentation. The bottle itself is beautiful, very luxurious.
However, the finish on this odd is just so....dry looking? I think that's the word im looking
for....it could very dry and matte in the worst way possible. Even though it looks so dry it
does absolutely nothing to control my oily skin. Ironic? Also very, very perfumed. A big no no for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by lolo100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Tried many foundations but this is my best. With one layer you cannot even tell that I am using makeup. It matches my skin tone very well, it is well absorbed and does not sit on the skin. Best of all it does not cause me break outs, I do not need to use a powder over but if it is hot and I sweat, then I do. If I need more coverage I just apply a second layer and still without looking 'caked'. I love that is looks natural and feels natural, it does not have so much of pigment like other foundations. And like most of Chanel's product, a little goes a long way.

Oh and even though it has an spf, it does not make you look white in photographs.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Valentina200

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was not impressed with this foundation. It's very drying, and the color choices are too yellow. Looks flat and cakey.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by darkangel13

I don't think Chanel foundations are designed for us 20-somethings who want to experiment with high end makeup. As another reviewer said, Chanel is targeted towards women 30+ ... (or at least that's how it seems.) And there is nothing wrong with that! Its kinda like how I feel a little out of place at the Estee Lauder counter or even Clinique. Same goes for their Vitalumiere foundation. Its not their fault that a bunch of ditzy oily-skinned teenagers buy a foundation that is CLEARLY not for their skin type. So I don't want to bash on Chanel or this foundation because its not really their fault in that respect. However, the general consensus on this foundation is that its quite ho-hum and lackluster which I agree with. Is it terrible? No. Is it amazing? Nah. Its just nothing special. Definitely not worth $60 that's for sure. I was pretty satisfied with Perfection Lumiere until I became convinced that it was the culprit for a sudden breakout of itchy, cystic acne that I was having. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the added fragrance which I didn't find "subtle" at all. Who the hell even perfumes foundations so heavily anymore?!

CHANEL: If you are reading this (I know you probably don't care about losing one dissatisfied customer in a harem of loyal followers) but PLEASE, PLEASE stop pouring a bottle of perfume in your foundations. This isn't the Edwardian era in England where everything must be doused in heavy fragrance because us "common" folk stink lol.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

First bought this when I was newly introduced to high end brand name make up, was sadly very disappointed by this! I have quite scarred skin and I didn't get any coverage from this at all, and when I tried to use a powder or blush on top it would begin to cake completely! I suppose it is suitable for people who want a very light coverage, however I prefer the coverage I get from MAC Studio Sculpt and Estée Lauder double wear. I will say however I do love the peachy scent to it and would love the Mac to have a similar scent!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by JessicaSmellsGood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has nice packaging and all, but this foundation made me break out! Everytime I wear it, I break out! And it oxidizes A LOT! And it made me look oily! I think i'll stick to my Studio Fix Fluid!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by WazzleDazzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this foundation! Although most foundations don't have a fragrance, this one has slightly, but its a subtle fresh scent in no way over powering or irritating. Beautiful coverage and feels like second skin. Looks so natural like theres nothing on my skin! Always, always get compliments when I have this foundation on. One of the reasons why Chanel is my favourite premium make up brand! As with all other foundations, I recommend getting a sample pot simply because not everyones skin is the same.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by melaniepich

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not buy this. It makes dry areas stand out and did not help with my oil control. It oxidized HORRIBLY. My mom borrowed mine for an engagement party and her face looked way off in the pictures. Her face got way darker than her body! I lookedat her and you could clearly see where it oxidized. I let my friend use it and the sane happened to her. This product is NOT worth the money. You can get something better for cheaper. Will not repurchase.