Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50%, Octisalate 4.00%, Zinc Oxide 3.50%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titaniium Dioxide 1.1.0% water, dimethicone, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, pentylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, behenyl alcofol, trioctyldodecyl citrate, polymethylsilsesquioxane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, PEG-40 stearate, polyglyceryl -10 pentastearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, Hordeum vulgare (barley extract), extract d'orge, Triticum Vulgare (wheat germm extract), Laminaria saccharina extract, Linoleic Acid, Oryzanol, cholesterol, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, Polyquaternium-51, lecithin, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Sodium PCA, Isopropyl titanium triisostearate, Trehalose, urea, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Glycyrrhetinic acid, stearic acid, Aluminum hydroxide, silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica

on 4/24/2013 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I don't seem to have much luck with the Korean BB Creams unfortunately, but this is definitely my favorite Western BB Cream! I'm currently an NC10-15/NARS Gobi and wear the shade 02. I'm very fair with golden undertones and read online that 02 should be my shade. When I received the sample however, it looked soooo dark. I didn't think there was any way it could possibly match, and, knowing how dark Clinique foundations tend to run and what their idea of "fair" is, I thought it was a lost cause. But when I tried it out I was shocked to see that it really does blend into my skin very well! It looks a bit dark at first but after about 30 seconds it just matches. After reading some of the other reviews for this product I see that there are even some NC25-30s wearing it! So surely this must have some sort of adapting properties. That's awesome because if NC25s really can wear it, that means I won't have to buy a darker shade to use in the summer! This should match me year-'round.

Application of this product is very quick and easy. It blends very well, though so far I've always applied a light moisturizer underneath first. It feels very soothing and light on my skin. It gives a light-medium coverage, and I do still use concealer on my undereye circles and on the redness around my nose. It covers my pores very well which is awesome! Doesn't sink into or accentuate fine lines. What I truly love about this product is that it *looks like my skin*. It's like seeing my natural skin if it were naturally flawless. I *cannot* see that I'm wearing any base. It makes my skin even and nearly perfect, and so healthy, yet it just looks like it's my natural skin. I'm a self-proclaimed foundation/TM/BB Cream addict and have tried SO many over the years. I honestly don't think I've ever used a product on my face that looked so natural. The first day I wore this, I received compliments from three guys I didn't even know; they just randomly came up to me.

This product has no fragrance and has not irritated my skin or made me itchy like many of the Korean BB Creams have. No breakouts. This lasts about 10 hours on me which is perfect. I do apply a light dusting of a light mattifying powder after the BB Cream. Packaging is a basic squeeze tube and nozzle (no pump) which works just fine for me. Convenient for travel or putting in your makeup bag for the day.

Initially I didn't really view this as a true BB Cream because it doesn't contain skin lightening or "brightening" properties like the Korean ones do. But I'm now seeing that even some of the Korean BB Creams don't have that. Some are just high SPF and moisture, which is what most of the Western BB Creams have. If you're interested in that specific function though, Clinique just came out with a CC Cream that advertises lightening of dark spots. I have tried a sample of that and will be reviewing it as well. I definitely highly recommend the BB Cream and will be repurchasing!

on 4/21/2013 12:41:00 PM

I got a sample of this cream number 3 before going on vacation. It's luminous. I got lots of comments about my skin. I'm between light and medium and it blended perfectly. I love the samples because I can see if it's for me or not and this is definitely for me.

on 4/20/2013 11:31:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product but I just do not. It looked great in the store but after 4 hours of wear it hi lighted every pore on my face. As time goes on it also smells like sulfer (sp) on my skin. yuck. I was wearing it under the even better foundation and I am not happy with that product either. My first experience with a BB cream and my last.
My make up has never looked worse. blotchy, hi lights dry patches and every pore on my face was magnified by this stuff.

on 4/13/2013 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this BB cream!! I am fair-skinned with pink undertones and use Shade 01, (the lightest one). The color is a bit too light, but I wear this BB cream as a primer and protectant underneath my foundation, and so I apply this very sparingly. I don't have any problems with it looking "off" because by the time that I blend the small amount that I put on, (it really doesn't take much of this), and put my foundation on, it looks gorgeous! I love the fact that I am protecting my skin from future damage while at the same time helping my foundation to stay on longer throughout the day. I would definitely buy this again because this tube will last me a very long time and it has great benefits. I am oily-skinned and this does not break me out or feel greasy. I highly recommend as a primer and skin protectant! I'm not sure that I would want to wear this by itself, as the coverage is not enough for me like that, but that is not what I bought it for and so that doesn't matter to me.

on 4/12/2013 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These past couple months I've been trying lots of different make up items. It's a hobby, and a little bit of a treasure hunt for me. While some people love shoes, I love make up :) anyway, speaking of treasure hunts.... This is a treasure. This is super thick. It's actually quite nerving because you'd think it would be cakey or heavy. I have the lightest shade and it's very smooth and brightening. My face feels soft, and it's totally not heavy. It's ideal for me with normal skin in the warmer months because this isn't greasy AT ALL. Infact, I took it down one lippy because I have to apply my moisturizer before this. It's beautiful though. I'd buy it again. This could very easily replace a foundation and maybe a concealer for those with no major imperfections. It's like a creamy foundation without all the foundation fuss because it sits so nice on the skin. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

WOW. I was cautiously optimistic about this product, but was prepared to have my expectations dashed. This is not formulated for my kind of skin. I am very oily. But I now have aging (although still disconcertingly oily) as well. This can be a BIG problem, as most long wearing or matte products tend to emphasize all the age related issues I am trying to hide; fine lines, large pores, rougher texture...SIGH. However, most age-defying, luminous, hydrating products just cannot stand up to my oily skin. Also, I am finding that what they say is true...as you age, less is more in terms of foundation.

So I've been experimenting trying to find some middle ground, with not much luck. I thought BB creams might be the answer, if I could find the right one.

I'm not prepared to say this is IT, but it's very, very promising. It's definitely lighter coverage, but not sheer. It can hide some minor issues, but not anything substantial, such as acne scarring or pronounced sun damage. But that's what I was looking for. I'm too old for heavy, maksy foundations that cover everything and make you look like a blank canvas. So I used this with a good concealer to cover my dark circles and a few dark spots and minor blemishes and I was really satisfied with that in terms of camoflouging my problems without looking too heavy.

I LOVED the texture and the finish. Not luminous, but not matte either; very skinlike. It didn't exactly "set", but it didn't remain greasy or slippery either. I did set this with powder. It looked so fresh and lovely that I couldn't stop looking at it. But I knew I couldn't make any kind of determination until I had worn it for a full day.

I wore this for a full day and purposely did not blot or powder
at ALL, other than the initial application of powder to set. I even wore it thought an hour long workout.

I got "dewy" after about four hours. But it wasn't terrible. I think I could have blotted and been fine. As it was, I didn't feel that it was bad enough to make me feel conspicuous or self-conscious. And there was no apparent breakdown in the coverage.

After my workout, which took place about six hours into wear, I was definitely shinier, but I was not dripping with oil as I would have expected. The coverage was still very even, with no patchiness or streaking. I could have used a blot and a smidge or powder at that point and been fine for quite a while longer I think.

At eight hours, it was definitely showing signs of wear, but again, I had done no touch up throughout the day. I always do touch up, even with long wearing formulas, because of my oily skin. And I was prepared to sacrifice some of the long wearing properties I have become accustomed to in order to get the the lighter, fresher more youthful looking finish. I was pleased to find that while it had broken down some at this point, it hadn't gathered in my fine lines and large pores as some foundations have.

One problem with long wearing formulas is that because they set so hard, it's hard to do any reapplication without starting all over, because it's difficult to blend one layer on top of the other, and because it just gets too heavy and opaque. But due to the finish of this product, I think I could have added a bit more product to refresh and gotten a good result.

All in all, I was very pleased. I think I can make this product work for me. It might take a little more effort than I'm used to, but it's a trade off I can live with. I certainly didn't get any drying at all. I guess it depends on skin type, but I really can't see how that would be true of this product.

OH! Also meant to say, there was no overt chemical sunscreen smell or feel, which was surprising. However, it remains to be seen if the SPF breaks me out, which tends to be a problem for me. If it does, I will be sorely disappointed.

on 3/24/2013 4:09:00 PM

I love Clinique so I was hoping to like this product. I was very disappointed. I do however think if I had younger skin it might be great. I asked the sales girl if this was a good choice for older skin (53) she said it would be great. I found it to be very drying and it sunk right into my fine lines. My husband told me whatever I was using on my skin made it look old. If you have beautiful young skin go for it. Otherwise forget it

on 3/17/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have been using this for about 6 months now. I recently took a 2 month break from using it to explore other options. I was quite happy with my purchase but somehow we always look for bigger and better things. Today I used it again after a long break and I was more appreciative of the product. Today was a hot day and I spent most of it outside. Coverage was good, my face was protected, it was sweat proof and did not smudge or run. After 6hrs it still looked the same as when I applied it. I like this product because it looks natural and leaves your face looking fresh. Its not as creamy and moisturising as the dermalogica cover tint which has a more velvety texture. I keep that for when I'm in doors and want to look dewy all day. I find this bb cream a very resistant and durable product so I will use it for outdoor days. I don't recommend it for dry skin as it can leave a tight feeling towards the end of the day and a moisturiser is needed before application. All in all I'm glad I pulled this out of my arsenal again and put it back in rotation. I was impartial to it a few months ago but after having tried a few products these last few months I can honestly say this is a keeper.

on 3/13/2013 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

When BB creams started getting really popular; I really wanted to get on board! I wanted something that was GOOD for my skin. I wanted a natural look but coverage. I tested the maybelline bb cream however I thought it broke me out and did not provide any coverage. I finally checked out Clinque's BB line and I really have liked it. I have been wearing it alone with blush and mascara for a more natural but I still have makeup on look! I feel like it has just the right amount of coverage for my redness. I still use moisturizer underneath it. It was a good buy for me!

on 2/27/2013 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm really pleased with the coverage, colour, and finish of this BB cream. It's somewhat thick and creamy -- definitely not the usual tinted-moisturizer consistency of most North American BB creams. I appreciate this moisturizing creamy-ness, as my skin is super-dry and drinks it right up.

Coverage is medium, and it does indeed blur imperfections and mask most of my skin's redness and acne scars. It hasn't broken me out so far, and when I pat a wee bit of powder on top it stays put and does not become greasy or shiny.

The thing I love about this most is the colour selection -- I am extremely pale, with rosy undertones, and shade 01 suits me better than any foundation or tinted moisturizer I've ever tried. It has a nice rosy tone to it that blends right into my skin.

Basically, what I love about this is that it looks like my skin but better when I have it on. My only complaint is that, for some reason, the version of it available in Canada, where I am, does not have an SPF.