December 21, 2014 | 1786 users online

Cleansers - Trader Joe's - Nourish All in One Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by WoodlandDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Trader Joe's because it's a cheap cleanser packed with an impressive array of vitamins and is supposedly a dupe for a much more expensive version sold at a dermatologist's office. It removed my makeup thoroughly and did not sting my eyes. I returned it because I found that every time I used it, I woke up to pin-point-sized clogs on my nose that would go away once I switched face washes.

Ingredients: Water, sodium cocoyl glutamate, disodium peg-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, sodium lauroyl oat amino acids, cocamidopropyl betaine, peg-80 sorbitan laurate, vitamin b5, vitamin a, vitamin d3, vitamin e, vitamin c, vitamin k, alpha lipoic acid, coenzyme q-10, green tea extract, copper peptides, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, sorbic acid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Loving this face wash! I have been pleasantly suprised by this product. I have used more expensive face washes from Dermalogica, Epicuren, Lucrece, Philosophy etc and was getting tired of spending that money. I saw somewhere online that a dermatologist had formulated this cleanser and sold the same formula in his office for much more.. So I figured I would try it since it was so cheap! So far it has been great for my combination skin! It takes off my makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean without drying it out. It also hasn't broken me out (and I broke out from many other cleansers) I would highly recommend!! Try it !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

The reviews on MUA don't lie, this product is so awesome! For reference, I have clog-prone combination skin that's easily broken out. Since I began using this cleanser, I haven't had a single cyst or acne flare up, which often occurs when I switch cleansers. The texture is gel consistency, it dissolves makeup& oil, and leaves my skin feeling refreshed and balanced! It can be a slight bit drying, so the tiniest amount is all you need. Thank you TJ for making an affordable cleanser that does everything it promises.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

Yay. This takes off my makeup better than my Earth Science A-D-E cleanser, smells good (faintly) but doesn't have fake perfume, and didn't dry out my skin. Can't complain!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by parks906

I am such a trader joe's foodie but I wanted to try one of their cleansers just because! So so so so so glad I did. I am on birth control now which regulates my acne - but this is the topping on the cake - amazing for my sensitive acne prone combination skin - my skin is more "normal" now and less oily. i don't use any other skin products daily just this! (i do use a mask every couple of weeks but this is the only thing that has changed. i no longer use my prescription cleanser or cream and my skin looks great! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by shiherostar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this. I couldn't wait to try this because I moved from a big city with Trader Joe's everywhere to a small city where one was opening in like 6 months. I finally picked it up and I really like it. It's simple. Just a cleaner and nothing fancy about it. So far so good. I have been using it for a couple weeks now and it has not broken me out at all. If this keeps working well, then this will be HG status. I sure hope so because the price is just right and skin is tired of whoring around trying to find the right product. I really want to try the moisturizer next. I have really been loving Trader Joe's products. The best part is they are cheap and don't test on animals. WIN!!!

EDIT: So, I am still using this and it has reached HG status. I am on my 3rd bottle of it. It takes off my makeup, doesn't break me out and is simple and non irritating. I absolutely love it! Dirt cheap and amazing. Go get yourself some!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by mariiahx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really eager to buy this because of all the amazing reviews but it makes my face BURN, even worse it makes my skin dry and my breakouts worse. It does however do a good job of getting all my eye makeup off.1

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by fromskyline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my #1 face wash. There's no weird perfume scent that makes me feel like I'm choking while I'm washing my face. Doesn't dry out my face but also doesn't leave oily residue behind. Free of -parabens. Good pump + bottle. I beyond love it. I effing love it. If you still don't understand how much I love this, I'd stock up only on this face wash if zombie apocalypse was a real thing. No joke.

Edit: December 2, 2012
I almost want to knock the rating to either 4 or 4.5 instead of my original 5. It's been drying the skin of my face, but not horribly peeling dry like other cleansers I've used before. I'd say that if you have a combination oily-dry face, this is perfect for you. If you have skin that leans towards flaky or dry, either back it up with good facial moisturizer (I use Trader Joe's Nourish Antioxidant Facial Moisturizer) or move on. I don't think this is perfect, but it's pretty darn good for $6. It's cheaper than even most drugstore cleansers, so I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon.

Edit: December 16, 2014
I knocked my 5 star rating to 3 stars. Because while this is not horrible, my skin has definitely changed over the past 2 years to extra-flakey oily mess (is it stress? is it diet? I don't know). I have had to upgrade to a high-end cleanser to address my constantly flaking skin (I scrub and moisturize everyday so this is strange to me), and the high-end cleanser is DEFINITELY something different (note: better, more refined) than TJ's cleanser. But, if you have tolerable skin that's just oily without any strange dry flakiness, TJ's is pretty darn good and the best bang for your buck. I still use TJ's cleanser in the mornings, but I diluted the formula greatly (1cleanser:3water) to suit my skin, and it's still pretty awesome.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by kjellig1217

I was really looking forward to trying this product after my sister said only good things about it. It's dermatologist formulated and has many antioxidant ingredients as it states, However, after using it once in the morning and at night, my face started to really burn and turn a light red. I have combination skin and it's not very sensitive, so I dont know what caused this. Might just be an allergy or the acids in it.
So overall, the ingredients are great and its a generally gentle cleanser, just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Excellent product for my normal skin. Does a great job of cleansing without drying out my skin. Gently removes all of my sunscreen without leaving a film or tightness. I've never broken out from it and love that I can pick it up at my favorite grocery store. This is an excellent, basic, no frills cleanser.

Edit: It's been a year and I'm still buying this, so I must like it. I will keep buying it and stock up if they ever discontinue it.