August 21, 2014 | 927 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Coolaulin conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryBlonde27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I Love Lush but this thing, omg... it was awful! I'm glad I didn't bought this stuff, I got it as a sample. My hair was horrible after I used it, didn't conditioned it at all and the smell... I was gaging when I had this on my hair. My hair it's still recovering from this thing. Just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by PixieCorpse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love what this conditioner does for my hair. I used to have to blow dry and flat iron my hair to make it smooth and silky but after using Coolaulin for a few months I can let it air dry and it's perfect. I love the true coconut scent as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

v. moisturizing...but not as great of a coconut smell as Trichomania. The combo of Trichomania and American Cream is better in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by tigretigreburn

I am in LOVE with this product.

Bought this when I was in Seoul (LUSH PLEASE COME BACK TO SINGAPORE!) because I love Lush products in general and also its product description (coconut + lemon, yum).

Got back home and checked MUA and felt a bit dismayed when I read the mainly negative reviews. I did not have high hopes when I tried it on that night. To be honest, the smell was rather synthetic when I was applying it to my wet hair. I was also not used to it being not the typical "slicky" feel of conditioners when wet. HOWEVER, the magic began when my hair dried.

This conditioner does not soften your hair in the same way as other conditioners. All the other conditioners I have tried (and I have tried alot - cult japanese brands to professional salon brands) coats your hair with a protective and silky layer, which to me sometimes seems rather artificial and can even weigh your hair down. BUT Coolaulin actually softens the FIBRE of your hair strands, which is great news for slightly coarse Asian hair as mine. I end up with FLUFFY, FULL BODIED, and NON FRIZZY hair. No artificial waxy smooth coating!

Lastly, the SCENT. oh my gosh it is so amazing and even more delicate and complex than the generic 'coconut flavour' scent in regular products. My hair smells great and the scent lasts and lasts. It makes me feel so good just getting a whiff of it. I have gotten plenty of compliments on my hair as well as how good I smell.

Now my only gripe is on how to get my hands on another bottle when this runs out, boo :( TRY IT PEOPLE! Don't dismiss it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by aastew

This conditioner was thin, runny and not that moisterizing. I would compare it to Suave conditioners. It smelled good. But, for the price I could go down and buy Suave for a couple of bucks and it does the same thing. If you need alot of moisture, don't use this conditioner. It isn't strong enough. I LOVE curly wurly shampoo. It is my favorite. I'm sticking to a heavier conditioner though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by MojoWorkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best conditioner I've ever found. It makes my hair amazing. It's way too expensive, esp with the shipping, but I have to buy it anyway. It works better than any other. I like the smell too.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Ice999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have jaw length, fine but dense hair that is very easily weighed down, but since it's color treated still needs some conditioner. Coolaulin is great for my hair type, it leaves my hair soft, fluffy and moisturized without any buildup. The only problem with this is the smell...it smells like RUM. What a strange smell to be putting in my hair. Luckily the rum smell doesn't linger, and it does actually smell like coconuts once my hair is dried. But I still prefer Veganese and Retread, they smell much yummier.

Don't buy this if you have thick or course hair that needs serious moisture...it won't cut it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2008 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Brenn18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There are many LUSH products I love. However, this is definitely not one of them. I have been using Curly Wurly as a shampoo for the last week and really enjoy the coconut/island vibe it gives me in the morning, so I bought Coolaulin in an effort to maximize the coconut factor.

First of all, the smell - yuck! It has a coconut undertone, but what hits you first is the smokiness. In all fairness, this does (mostly) fade when the hair is dry, but it doens't make for a great shower experience.

Secondly, I did not find it moisturizing at all. I have fairly long, wavy, medium-thick, fine hair. I color it every couple of months, but would not consider it overly-processed. However, I felt I had to use a ton of this just to untangle my hair. I used a wide-toothed comb after showering could barely get it through my hair without pulling out chunks in the comb - not fun!

The reason I am not giving it 1 lippie is that once I was able to unsnarl my hair and let it air-dry, it was slightly more frizz-free than usual. Also, because it is so light, it didn't weigh my hair down, so it did seem to curl a little more.

I think this would be a decent conditioner if you have fine, thin hair that doens't require a lot of conditioning action - if you don't mind the smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2008 2:35:00 AM More reviews by sarahmascara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like American Cream, Coolaulin kind of leaves me feeling "eh" as far as its conditioning prowess goes. I like the smell better that of AC, but the conditioning action is even milder in Coolaulin, so I have to use a ton of it to really saturate my long, fine, color treated hair. Someone with hair that's really fine and easily weighed down by products will probably like the way Coolaulin feels, but for people like me who need a bit more conditioning, it's probably better to pass up.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Perfumesheep

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like Ojon, this smells like a dirty ashtray which I could overlook if it actually worked. It's texture is way too thin for my coarse dry hair. As is my usual problem with LUSH products, it just doesn't deliver what it promises. May be good for a leave in if I can get past the smell on this one.