Rimmel Lash Accelerator Serum

3.7

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Caffeine, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate

on 11/19/2012 3:21:00 AM

First of all, this lasts forever! I have been using it every day and night for over two months and I still have half of the product
It does sting when it gets in your eyes and it leaves a white sticky residue if you put on too much but it works!! my lashes are definitely longer and stronger and my eyebrows are growing faster (I got this after I over plucked them)

on 10/7/2012 2:53:00 PM

1. This product conditions, lengthens, and produces more lash growth for myself personally. When I used it after a week and a half I noticed these results.

2. The only problem is that it leaves a film on your lashes that makes it quiet difficult to apply mascara over. I recommend it as a night treatment only.

3. It does a lot for its price. I bought this 4 months ago and have persistently used it daily and not even half the bottle is gone.

4. May irritate eyes.

on 10/2/2012 5:58:00 PM

I used this after I couldn't afford the L'Oreal version anymore. I was happier with the price, but I have to give this an average rating. The brush it came with wasn't very practical, a brush would have worked a little better. The serum itself is pretty thin, which can be a good thing because it means it will last longer. But whenever I got it too close to my eyes, it burned like heck. I did notice that my lashes are a little stronger, but don't stand a chance when I apply mascara to them. They can get very stiff and even fall OUT when I remove it with makeup remover. I used a little less of the serum and it seemed a little better. I think I will finish this off, and then switch back to the L'Oreal.

on 8/24/2012 2:10:00 PM

This serum has a little brush as well as a very thin paint brush, either of which you can use to apply the product. Unfortunately, something in this irritates my eyes and makes them puffy and reddish and I get a slight burning. Yikes! Also, even if that wasn't the case, I hate the way it cakes and crusts. The price was reasonable (under $10). I am now moving on to Larenim; no irritation so far from that one, or crusting.

on 7/4/2012 1:47:00 AM

What a waste of money. Yeah it was only ~$8 CAD but come one. Nothing happened after 2 months. I applied it on my browns andd top/lower lashes night and morning. Gonna try either L'Oreal oen Ardell

on 7/1/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this product to help with brow regrowth and I am very happy with its performance. I have, or rather I should say HAD a bald patch on my left eyebrow for 15 years, and it is filled in. Now I am trying to coax them to be a bit longer. I am also trying it on my lashes, after seeing what it's done for my brows.

on 6/17/2012 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this product not necessarily for the purpose of making my lashes grow longer or thicker (I use Fusion Beauty's lash enhancer to do that), but as a primer for my mascara or a clear mascara to be used alone that had the added benefit of conditioning my lashes during the day (you only use FusionB's serum at night). I used to use Lancome's Cils Booster XL (a very expensive mascara primer) but just couldn't justify that expense, especially when it dries out before it's all used up.
A good mascara primer helps mascara stay on longer, provides extra length and/or volume to the lashes, and protects them from mascara. I believe that this serum/primer fits those criteria.
I read the reviews and people said the serum was easy to wash off, and that most of the problems people had with it was at night, when they would wake up with swollen and sore eyes. Since I didn't intend to use this at night, I wasn't too concerned about that. Some people complained about poor packaging as well, but I find that when I end up trying a product that's been dinged for poor packaging, I feel like people over exaggerate, so I decided to buy it since it's even cheaper than the L'Oreal serum.
So, to everyone who complained about poor packaging, I wish I had listened to you. The wand this stuff comes with is just impossible if you want to run the serum through your lashes, the "comb" is not a freakin' comb, it's a one-inch section of the wand (the wand has an eyeliner-brush-like applicator at the end, which is actually completely decent at applying the serum along the lash line) with shallow little ridges. You might as well just use the brush and paint it on your lashes, because that's about as much definition as you're gonna get with that comb. Using it during the day turns into a clumpy, ugly mess of serum. I decided to use a clean mascara wand to run the serum through my lashes, which was a pain because it didn't fit in the tube. I'd have to remove the brush it came with, set it aside to drip and waste product, etc. I had an almost-empty bottle of the Lash Accelerator mascara that I was basically done with and an idea hatched in my head. I cleaned off the wand from the mascara and it turns out that the mascara wand fits perfectly in the serum's bottle, so I use that to apply it every morning. I took off one lippie for the horrendous design of the wand, but I solved that problem by using the mascara wand instead.
So, performance. I have to say I'm ridiculously surprised at how great this stuff works as a primer and lash enhancer. My lashes are always stronger when I've been using it consistently, but as I mentioned, I don't use it day and night as suggested, so I can't comment on the full impact of the product when used as directed. But, for my purposes, it works amazingly!
I work the serum through my lashes with my recycled mascara wand, and make sure there are no areas where the serum has clumped up. I let it dry while I continue to get ready (big downside, it takes forever to dry). When it's dry, and it needs to be fully dry, curl your eyelashes (the serum holds a curl ridiculously well), and run your mascara through your lashes as much as your want (I use Korres Rice Bran Mascara, as well as Lancome Hypnose Drama-a sample I've had laying around for a while). I like the effect because the serum acts like a lengthening mascara, it creates little fibers that extend your lashes and the mascara accentuates the longer and thicker-looking lashes. It also looks great on its own.
I was standing in the front row at World of Color at California Adventures, and got completely DRENCHED, and my mascara didn't budge at all because of this serum! Plus, I had already been wearing my makeup all day. Even better, I hate how most primers are white, they're supposed to dry clear but usually don't and if you miss a section of your lashes, you walk around with a patch of white. Not fun. This primer is clear, so you can even use it on its own, much less not worry about looking weird because of a missed section of your lashes. Best primer ever.
As an added benefit, because the serum is relatively easy to wash off with a gentle cleanser or eye makeup remover, it makes removing even the toughest mascara you put over top of it even easier, which means less scrubbing, irritating the eyes, and creating fine lines.
Some people say the serum is irritating if you get it in your eyes... Uhm, duh. It's a freakin' serum, it's not meant to go in your eyes, just like mascara isn't meant to go in your eyes (and stings like all hell when it does), so be careful when applying not to let it touch your eye.
Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. I think it's a really great moment when you can replace a really expensive product with a cheaper one that works even better. Who doesn't feel like a genius when they beat the system?
Hope that was helpful! Always remember to take product reviews with a grain of salt. You are unique and beautiful because of it, but different products may work differently on you than on anyone else in the world. Good luck!

on 6/11/2012 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this!!!! It really strengthened my lashes and made them longer/thicker. My lashes are long already but made them a bit thicker and stronger. I don't mind the peeling of it because I wear it as a treatment to sleep. Another good thing is the price...I highly recommend this product to everyone who wants luscious lashes.

on 5/13/2012 5:11:00 AM

I am actually quite impressed with this growth serum. Considering the results I've had, I can definitely compare it to Rapid Lash -- for a fraction of the cost!
Now, let me explain. From my experience, Rapid Lash (and this product too) boost the growth cycle of your natural lashes and stimulate/encourage new hairs to grow from the follicle. Each hair follicle on your lash line can have as many as three hairs growing out of it at once, but unfortunately they fall out once their cycle ends and sometimes do not grow back. This is where a boosting serum helps. It allows a new hair to grow in replacement of the old one. Which is why some people may experience eyelash loss when using this product. The serum is encouraging a new lash growth, therefore the old lash will fall out. To some it may be scary, but it is normal. You just have to be patient for it to grow back.
PRODUCT CONS:
Rapid Lash and this product will NOT give you the ridiculously long lashes that Latisse will give you. Latisse is different because it makes your lashes grow more quickly therefore making them grow longer. But, it does have its cons, like hair growth in unwanted areas and darkening of the skin around the eyes and of the iris.
The only cons from this product is the peeling or flaking that other reviews mentioned. To me it's not really a problem since I use this at night time and maybe on days when I go without eye makeup. There is sometimes a bit of a tingly sensation when I apply this but it never lasts long and it isn't uncomfortable in my opinion.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Overall I have to say this is great product considering the price. You can get top quality lash serums for hundreds of dollars, so considering that this was UNDER TEN DOLLARS it is well worth it. The only negative is that when it dries it peels, if you put makeup over it, it will show. What I do is I put it on at night and then in the morning I swipe some eye makeup remover over it before I apply my makeup. This seems to fix the ONLY problem that I found with this product (you can also just peel it off easily in the morning). I have short stubby lashes and within just weeks of using this product I noticed a significant sofference in my lashes! They are FULLER and LONGER and others have noticed as well. If you are on a budget like me and cant afford one of the more expensive lash serums, I highly RECOMMEND this!