September 18, 2014 | 1927 users online

Lash Treatments - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator Serum

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

for now i am putting that yes i would repurchase. i will update this review and the overall rating:
have been using this for 4 days now and i have no complaints. i only use this as a night treatment. the applicator is very useful, barrel for your lashes and a brush tip for your brows. it only gets gloopy if you pile it on, but piling anything on will make it glob up! when you wake up your lashes and brows will be white but washes off easily. i was weary of irritation but there hasnt been an issue. i love the clear tube, makes it easier to see if theres any contamination going on (murkiness). hope it works! my lashes have been shortened and thinned out from lash extensions.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Hard to apply with the applicator, and the formula comes on very thick and goopy. So annoying to have on the eyelashes that I stopped using it after three days, so I can't tell you if it worked. Considering there are better lash serums out there, some for just a couple of bucks more than Rimmel's, I'm not about to try this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by makeupsmad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. I have decent eyelashes but from years of curling and using mascara they were very brittle and sparse, especially on my lower lash line. Since I've been using this it's really helped to fortify my lashes and I've started to get some spots filling in. The texture of the serum is thick so it will go on a little gloppy and will clump your lashes together a little bit, but it's very easy to wash off. I didn't have any irritation when starting this, however I also use the lash accelerator mascara and think I did initially with that. I actually think the packaging is pretty amazing because it gives you a very fine brush for brows, lash line and to get those little lashes on the very ends, plus the plastic wand with grooves similar to a brush. The applicator doesn't give you picture perfect lashes like a mascara would, but it's a serum, not a mascara, so I give it 2 thumbs up for being convenient!

Update: For whatever reason I stopped using this diligently for a few weeks and the mascara version I was using of this was drying out. I noticed that my eyelashes were MUCH shorter so I started using it again and within a week they are going back to their pretty selves. Just like with any serum like this you need to continue using. It's been hard for me to find so I bought two at WalMart. My first one is still about half way full and I've been using it for a few months. I also have been using it on a little sparse patch on one of my eyebrows and it has almost completely filled it in. HG PRODUCT for sure.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by bink180

I've been using the Lash Accelerator serum for a month now, and I can see a significant difference in my lashes and I am also using Revlon Grow Luscious plumping mascara religiously, so I can gain improvment in my lashes. I curl my lashes which leads a few of them to fall off and after using the serum I see less of them falling off, none if I'm very lucky.
The applicator is quite strange and the serum is quite thick when it goes on I prefer the applicator like a regular mascara wand to take place. You're gonna wake up with these creepy white lashes when you wake up if you use it at night but its not a big deal, it hasnt irritated my eyes so far.
My lashes look a lot longer and I also use as kind of like a lash primer, i let it dry a little before I apply mascara and it looks amazing!
I would definately recommend this to a friend.
Update: I am now using it every other night and now my lashes stay put and they are a lot stronger and longer! I'm very pleased with this serum! :D

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by mandysd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Made my eyes and eyebrows so itchy, in 2 days, will never use it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

This review is for the "serum" not the mascara. Up til now, I had been using vaseline to condition and soften my lashes. While it [vaseline] did soften my lashes, it didn't do much else. I have always wanted to try lash lengthening serums eg. Latisse but found they were too pricey. When I saw this at Walmart for $8CDN and "made in Italy" haha I thought it was worth a shot! I have been using this for about a week, once a day (at night before I go to bed) and I have already noticed a difference in my lashes. The consistency/texture of this product is very similar to 'clear mascara'. The applicator is unique as well since the wand includes a tiny eyeliner-like brush at the end for your brows!! My lashes definitely appear to be longer and have some extra volume! I will continue to keep using this and anxiously wait to see how much longer my lashes will become at the end of this tube! So far I am having high hopes for this serum!! *thumbs up*
For reference: my lashes have decent volume and "ok" length. I do not have sparse lashes. Results will obviously differ from person to person :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by niki01

I say this works! I can definitely see the difference on my lower lash lines. I mainly bought this to help my Eye brows to grow back to what it was 8 years ago, before i started to maintain it. Want to try a different look. I have pretty much left my eyebrows alone for the past few months. But in order for the rest to grow ( come out) I have decided to leave it alone for a few more(because i am bold like that...hehe). I dont see a chia-pet effect yet, I definitely notice a difference and that is quite good when I have only used it on and off for 1 week plus especially when you weigh the price. I say try it.

And um yes, if you put it inside your eye, it will burn. That is not where its suppose to be. I have been able to open my eyes in the morning without any issues. My only negative remark is that i wished they had come up with a better applicator because it really is a good product. And really poor designing as far as a useful brush :/ great serum though!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

if this serum wasnt $8, i wouldnt buy it at all. but with all the lash serums like lilash, revitalash, and latisse starting at $110+, $8 is an almost unbelievable price for a lash serum that does really grow your lashes. my lashes grew unnaturally long, super quickly.

unfortunately, it doesnt strengthen lashes. at all. if anything, i think it has made my lashes weaker (even being a daily biotin taker), where if i rub my eyes, i will lose at least a few lashes. whats worse is that the formula makes this almost peel off-able crust in the morning that feels heavy like it could glue my eyelids together. and DO NOT rub your eyes and try and get it off. it is stuck to the lashes and will take them with you when you rub it off.

this being said, the brush does deposit a lot of formula (which the bottle is big as well) so be sure not to use too much.

and ALSO DO NOT PUT THIS ON IF YOUR MAKEUP IS NOT 110% off. i did a slack job of taking off mascara and the whole glue-like formula basically glued the mascara to my lashes. i took to brushes, combs, and even safety pins because a few of my longest lashes, glued together with formula and mascara, just fell off. :(

you just have to be careful with the formula and just wash it off gently or use hot water on a cotton pad if youre lazy (like me).

but for $8, you can buy one of those drugstore eyelash strengtheners as well and be $90 under budget in comparison to the most expensive lash serums. but if you got the money for lilash/revitalash/etc, i say do it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale a few days ago and have been using it regularly since then. I cannot say much because I have not used it long enough but I do have some opinions about this product.

Upon application, it does make my lashes longer and they also appear to be stronger as well. However, I am not very happy with the formula or package. The opening of the tube has a very tight fit with the brush so I have to literally pull the wand rather hard every time when I try to get it out. I am not sure if it is just my tube or it is just the design. Secondly, I find the formula to be a bit too thick. The brush can have lots of serum on it and my lashes are not that long or thick. I can often found residues at the tips of my lashes. I could not swipe it away with the wand because it is coated with serum.

I apply it every night before i go to bed and sometimes when i wake up the next morning, there are dried bits on my lashes from this product. It has not irritated my eyes and though the residues can be washed out easily, it is not a pleasant thing to see them in the morning.

I sometimes use this in the morning before makeup. I usually apply it really early to let it settle completely. My lashes appear longer and more defined.

I will update if anything new shows up

Update 02/24/2012
After almost two months of regular usage, I have something to add here. This product perfroms better in the long term i think. Although I could not say my lashes are longer, I certainly have more lashes now. The serum helps to fill out some spots on my lashline and my lashes are definitely stronger. They are maybe a tad bit thincker too and I have much fewer lashes falling out everyday.

I only apply my upper lashline every night before I go to bed. I've learnt to swipe the wand along the edge of the opening a few times in order to get the excess serum off. This way, it is easier to use and would not leave too much residue in the morning.

Usually when I wake up, I actually see my lashes curl up really nicely. But I am still not sure if it is because of this serum or simply the position I sleep in. I suppose it might means that the serum is able to hold a curl when used under mascara. Because it takes sometime to dry, I only use it as a nightly treatment. Although I do not think it accelerate the length of my lashes, it sure speeds up the growth rate and makes them stronger.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by lisamarie810

I have been using this for two days so far and I have had no problems with it, i'm not going to wear mascara for the next thirty days because i'm testing it out. I apply it to my lashes like a mascara everyday and then comb through my lashes with a brush to get the excess off. Lets hope it works!