August 2, 2014 | 1188 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Extra Wow Lash

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by solg

I've had good experiences with Rimmel mascaras, they're some of my drugstore favorites, and this is no exception. I've tried the 'Extra Lash' version and didn't like it, so I was surprised to see how much I enjoyed this one.
This mascara has a nice medium size brush that separates the lashes, adds length, doesn't clump or smudge and I find that even though I didn't get the waterproof version (didn't know if there is one though), it stayed on all day in place.
I like my lashes to look feathery and 'winged' at the outer corner, and this mascara is great to achieve that. I would love for it to add a bit more volume, but it's a great product.
I like to have a few mascaras on hand at the same time, and I'll definitely be repurchasing this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

This is an excellent, inexpensive daytime mascara. Gives GORGEOUS fluttery fringy lashes, amazing separation and length, a little volume, buildable without the slightest clumping. I would rate this a 5 if it gave a little more drama/volume and it does tend to flake a tiny bit (I can't stand flaking). I will definitely keep this in my arsenal and this works well to smooth out more dramatic but clumpy mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I love this!If you want impact and ease of use THIS IS FOR YOU.
For me this is way better than l'oreal voluminous carbon black.Super black All the volume and length but without the work and smudging and flaking of the l'oreal one.I will be repurchase this time and again I have pretty much worn only this mascara since I bough it.

THE great thing about this mascara even when not on sale is that regular price it's 7 dollars way cheaper than the voluminous line where some go for as much as 14 dollars

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first rimmel mascara and I actually really like it. I got this on sale for $3.99 at shoppers drug mart. I think that's the cheapest you can get it in Canada unless you have a coupon or there's a huge sale or something. There's 8ml in the bottle, pretty average amount for a mascara. I've seen more and less. I got it in extreme black and I really like the colour, it's not the blackest mascara I have but still pretty dark. It lengthens and volumizes very well. And it actually held a curl for me (but I had to first put on a tiny coat of mascara, wait for that to dry to stabilize the curl and then build on more, but I have to do that with all my mascaras). It also keeps your lashes pretty soft and it comes off very easily with water and a tiny bit of makeup remover. I had no problems with smudging or flaking but I don't usually do a lot of physical activity. The only thing is the brush isn't really "oversized". It's not small, but it's definitely not huge. It's around the same size as maybelline colossal I think. Overall, I really like this mascara. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by autumndaydreamer

The good:
1. Seperates the lashes.
2. No clumping.
3. Black.
4. Nice wand.
5. Good for layering.

The bad:
1. Needs several coats for any effect.
2. Even with many coats it still does very little for my eyelashes.

I like my lashes to be long, thick and curly. The more the volume, the better. Without clumping of course. This mascara does not clump, but doesn't give my lashes the desired effect either. Too bad. No rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by kayeartemis

lovely soft volumising subtle lifting mascara
goes on easily and nicely, separates lashes easily without over defining them
great for a nice every day look =]

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by swtdreamsx3

So...I did a little bit of traveling this weekend and I had forgotten my million mascaras at home...did I want to dish out another 10 bucks when I already had a billion mascaras at home? No. That didn't change the fact that I was still in need of one. I dragged myself to the closest CVS and found this little number for a little over 4 bucks...I honestly was not expecting much since it was so dirt cheap (I strongly believe in most cases, 'you get what you pay for') but in this case I will bite my tongue! I was pleasantly surprised when this mascara held onto my curls. (I have very straight, short sparse eye lashes, and often times no matter how good the mascara's reputation might be, its always a flunk for me, within minutes my lashes are straight again) Rimmel hasn't really made it to my top drug store brands but I can sure stand by this particular product of theirs. I do have one minor complaint and that would be the brush, the package claims to have a large/full brush...on the contrary, the brush is quite small and sparse. It does the job for me nonetheless, it may take a few extra applications but in the end, I'm extremely satisfied with this product (for 4 bucks!)

Good luck :]

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by libbier

price : dirt cheap! i can't believe how cheap this was when i bought it! only NZ$16 and 20% off promotion so i got this for NZ$13. i decided to try because i was desperate for a new mascara and the packaging is just really eye-catching! im liking this more than my lancome, estee lauder, and shiseido ones. Because: it can be natural-looking and dramatic as you make it, i find this super lengthening, average volumizing. I have average fragile lashes and they hardly clump or flake from this mascara. I use the shorter bristles for my first coat for volume then the long bristles of the brush for length and seperation. the brush is kinda annoying when it comes to my bottom lashes so i use a different mascara for them. Highly recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 6:47:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Overall a great little mascara if you're just starting out or need a good basic mascara. The packaging is cute without being innovative and not any sort of packaing that we haven't seen before. The brush is easy to use and you can manouvre it around your lashes pretty easily.

Pros: This is a great go to mascara when you need to throw some mascara on your lashes before going out the door. There's no real smell that I could pick up on. The mascara goes on nicely and you can curl your lashes with a lash curler and they will hold with this product on.

Cons: It does flake after a few hours. It's not anything really special or wow. It's just another mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this mascara because I loved the Rimmel London Glam eyes HD Eyeshadow and I wanted to try more of Rimmel's products to see if they were just as good. I got this mascara for a fairly decent price of $4 dollars CDN, compared to other mascaras that go for $8 I was hoping it would be good.
Personally I quite like this mascara. It gives me the length and definition that I want. You have to apply two coats to see any real results.