Rimmel Extra Wow Lash

3.8

on 10/1/2012 10:44:00 PM

I am so surprised how much I like this product! It has a slightly wetter consistency than i typically like but it separated, drew out and fanned my lashes perfectly! It lengthened my lashes considerably and not a clump in sight. It hasn't flaked all day and it's incredibly light and flexible. My lashes without mascara are shortish and stick out at odd angles and this stuff straightened and ever so slightly curled them and they stayed put!! A super deal at Walmart in Canada for $3.88 on sale. I am so very impressed! I think i'll stock up before it dissappears!!!

on 10/1/2012 1:21:00 AM

I wanted a mascara that would give me BIG lashes. I tried this one because it promised a big brush and volume and all that other good stuff. The formula is great, but there's too much of it on the brush. My lashes looked more voluminous but not very long. It's a good mascara for day time, I paid $5 for it, the packaging is cute, but I wouldn't buy this again. Great for makeup beginners.

on 9/23/2012 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Really surprised at how good this mascara is. I got it for free and have been using this as my daily mascara for work & on weekends when I'm only going out for a few hours.

I'm one of those people who rely on waterproof mascaras as my lashes like to drop down after curling them and I also get watery eyes a fair bit. I had to get used to the drier formula and the length of the brush as I use Maybelline mascaras which are very wet and more compact, but this really does apply well. It lasts a long time, doesn't smudge or flake off on me and has a really good hold on my lashes so that they don't droop down and just disappear! Its also really easy to remove.

Really happy I was given this as I wouldn't have tried it otherwise.

on 9/9/2012 10:08:00 AM

This really exceeded my expectations. Extra Wow Lash is kind of a lame name. Priceline was doing a spend $20 on Rimmel and get a giftpack, and this was included. It volumises and lengthens lashes, without clumping like some volumising formulas do. It looks good all day, and the brush is the perfect size. Rimmel's come far since I last tried thrm, I'vee recommended this to my sister and I'll buy again.

for 4 dollars it is pretty good stuff.

like the extreme black color. after one or two uses it thickens and will give a nice amount of volume and decent length though not over the top.

it's a good every day mascara IMO

but i noticed it dries out quickly. after only a few weeks it seems too dry already. guess that's why it's cheap.

on 7/26/2012 4:00:00 PM

I've had good experiences with Rimmel mascaras, they're some of my drugstore favorites, and this is no exception. I've tried the 'Extra Lash' version and didn't like it, so I was surprised to see how much I enjoyed this one.
This mascara has a nice medium size brush that separates the lashes, adds length, doesn't clump or smudge and I find that even though I didn't get the waterproof version (didn't know if there is one though), it stayed on all day in place.
I like my lashes to look feathery and 'winged' at the outer corner, and this mascara is great to achieve that. I would love for it to add a bit more volume, but it's a great product.
I like to have a few mascaras on hand at the same time, and I'll definitely be repurchasing this one.

on 7/19/2012 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an excellent, inexpensive daytime mascara. Gives GORGEOUS fluttery fringy lashes, amazing separation and length, a little volume, buildable without the slightest clumping. I would rate this a 5 if it gave a little more drama/volume and it does tend to flake a tiny bit (I can't stand flaking). I will definitely keep this in my arsenal and this works well to smooth out more dramatic but clumpy mascaras.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I love this!If you want impact and ease of use THIS IS FOR YOU.
For me this is way better than l'oreal voluminous carbon black.Super black All the volume and length but without the work and smudging and flaking of the l'oreal one.I will be repurchase this time and again I have pretty much worn only this mascara since I bough it.

THE great thing about this mascara even when not on sale is that regular price it's 7 dollars way cheaper than the voluminous line where some go for as much as 14 dollars

on 6/3/2012 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is my first rimmel mascara and I actually really like it. I got this on sale for $3.99 at shoppers drug mart. I think that's the cheapest you can get it in Canada unless you have a coupon or there's a huge sale or something. There's 8ml in the bottle, pretty average amount for a mascara. I've seen more and less. I got it in extreme black and I really like the colour, it's not the blackest mascara I have but still pretty dark. It lengthens and volumizes very well. And it actually held a curl for me (but I had to first put on a tiny coat of mascara, wait for that to dry to stabilize the curl and then build on more, but I have to do that with all my mascaras). It also keeps your lashes pretty soft and it comes off very easily with water and a tiny bit of makeup remover. I had no problems with smudging or flaking but I don't usually do a lot of physical activity. The only thing is the brush isn't really "oversized". It's not small, but it's definitely not huge. It's around the same size as maybelline colossal I think. Overall, I really like this mascara. :)

The good:
1. Seperates the lashes.
2. No clumping.
3. Black.
4. Nice wand.
5. Good for layering.

The bad:
1. Needs several coats for any effect.
2. Even with many coats it still does very little for my eyelashes.

I like my lashes to be long, thick and curly. The more the volume, the better. Without clumping of course. This mascara does not clump, but doesn't give my lashes the desired effect either. Too bad. No rebuy.