Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

4.1

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Propanediol, Triethanolamine, Polyamide-5, Galactoarabinan, Caprylyl Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanediolo, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Acacia Senegal Gum (Acacia Senegal), Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate. +/-May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 8/23/2014 10:44:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

. I purchased at Walgreens for $2.99.
This thick, wet formula left my lashes clumped together. I waited a week (a recommendation), same results.
.If you look at demos on Youtube most of the ladies have a spidery look going on. I have even tried wiping off the wand with paper, (anything else can put fibers back into the tube i.e. tissue) I got better results, but not anymore thickening or lengthening than The Rimmel Extra Super Lash that I am using.
The other con is that it's not easy to remove. I had to use cleanser and remover. This reminds me of Great Lash Mascara which I used in high school, lots of hype, but mediocre at best.

on 8/23/2014 7:05:00 PM

I love this stuff. How shall I count the ways...

Well, firstly, I often freshen my eye makeup later in the day after it's smudged or faded. This makes it pretty key that my mascara not clump when reapplying a fresh coat--- and this stuff is pretty damn good on that front.

It also has a really great lengthening effect (from the first couple of strokes you're about good), and thanks to a lack of clumping, it's great for those who like to get the most dramatic effect by building on coats.

And finally, it stays put. I don't have issues with running, flaking or smudging (with the exception of those unfortunate mid-application sneezes).

All in all, great stuff. :)

on 8/20/2014 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have repurchased this quite a few times. I've also tried the other mascaras offered from Jordana and they aren't bad at all. However best lash extreme is by far my favorite, and definitely one of my favorite mascaras.

For the price you honestly can't pass this up. During BOGO 50% sales I always buy a few to stock up cause I love this product that much. It definitely is a hidden drugstore gem. It leaves my lashes looking like I have flasies on even though they're my natural lashes, it also holds curl very well. It's easy to remove with a makeup remover wipe.

I honestly can't say enough good things about this product. Next time you're at Walgreens check it out!

on 8/17/2014 4:53:00 PM

The key to success with this mascara: don't use too much product!!!!

This is not one of those mascaras that you can slap on quickly and thickly and expect it to look good. If you don't apply it right, you'll get clumpy, messy spider-lashes.
I use very very light pressure when applying this mascara and I make sure to go slow, and keep a spoolie nearby incase I need to brush out any clumps or weird spots. Everytime I do this, I get loooong, dark, volumized, separated lashes that almost look like falsies! I get a lot of compliments on this mascara and when I tell people it costs 2.99 nobody believes me haha. I buy 3-4 tubes of this at a time it's so cheap and I love to stock up! Definitely a favorite and you can't the price. Tube lasts long too. Only complaint about this product is that if you aren't careful you'll get clumps.

on 8/16/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Got this last week after reading all the good reviews. I have to say it is a damn good mascara especially for the price! I paid 5 bucks for it at Walgreens. I like the brush and it gives good volume, I give it about two or three coats.

on 8/16/2014 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like shoes, you got to break in your mascara. Every single mascara I have ever tried, your first few applications after opening are never any good. I donít have a clue as to why this is, it just happens this way. When I first started using it, I was like nothing special about it, after about 5 time using it, it became AMAZING. I think this is amazing at lengthening and volumizing. I would say more length than volume, which I prefer. The lashes are definitely thinker though. Honestly I prefer this over my Yves Saint Laurent mascara. Which I loved at one point. But I would rather purchase this over that! I definitely wish there was a waterproof formula as well! Not that this one smudges, just for summer time or vacations for when I am in the water.

on 8/8/2014 11:29:00 PM

I just bought this mascara yesterday, i was so excited to try it after seeing all the positive reviews AND watching the youtuber Lauren Curtis rave about it.

I tried it this morning a little scared tht it wouldnt be o so amazing, it wasnt... i was thinking uh maybe i put it on wrong(so i put it on again)

Basically this mascara is pretty good for its price, but there were def some pros and some cons.
Pros:good pigment, great length, soft lashes(not hard and crusty)
Cons: if u have straight lashes this mascara only holds the curl a little bit (despite how crazily curled u make ur lashes bforehand),smudges but its easy to wipe away

This is my review after only trying it ONCE(well 1&1/2),so maybe i just need to get used to the brush and/or learn a better way to apply it idk but if it gets better ill definitely write another review! hope this helped somebody!

on 8/7/2014 12:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Ladies, did we all buy the same product? This stuff is really not that great! I had high hopes after reading hundreds of positive reviews, but after two weeks of using this product, I can safely say the formula is mediocre at best. I'll start with the positives; it's extremely pigmented and gives lashes a true black tint, as opposed to some mascaras that are marketed as black, but end up looking wishy-washy or like a brown-black color, this is a TRUE black! It's also extremely affordable which is always a bonus.

Having said that, this formula is extremely wet and messy to work with. I thought after two weeks, the tube would dry out a little, and make this easier to apply. It didn't. My face looks like a crime scene after I apply two coats, so clean up takes a while. The formula also stings my eyes and I do not have sensitive eyes. This is the first mascara that has actually caused a burning/stinging reaction for me. Also, because the formula is so wet and messy, this gave my lashes a spidery look, and didn't necessarily add any volume (although it did provide decent lengthening). I'm really baffled by the positive reviews here. This mascara reminds me a bit of Maybelline Great Lash - enough said!

on 8/6/2014 10:29:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

When I first applied this, I had really high hopes. It looked great in the mirror as I don't mind the "clumpy" type look, but I do comb my lashes to at least attempt to get them and the product evenly distributed after each coat...

boy was that a mistake! This stuff takes forever to dry and as I was combing I got too close to my eye and blinked hard...mess everywhere under my eye and on my eyelid. I cleaned that up, and waited....and waited...and waited, poking at my lashes with the comb to check drying progress until the next attempt. The next try at a comb through, flakes everywhere, both on lid and under eye and I hadn't even attempted to apply to my lower lashes yet. Bleh...

I'll try it again at a later time and resist the combing and report back the results

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this off the Jordana website for AUD $12. It was a good bargain, considering the hype it had across the globe. When I received it, I was not so happy with it. There was nothing wrong with the packaging, everything arrived properly and decently, but when I applied it onto my lashes I was so upset. I have long, full eyelashes and when applied, it produced the same effect like benefit's they're real mascara. I don't like benefits mascara, because its just clumpy and it doesn't look nice on me. So Jordana's mascara also gave me clumpy ugly eyelashes. It kept flaking off, and I had to continuously go to the bathroom to sweep off any excess flakes on my cheeks and my eyeballs. Every time i removed my makeup, the mascara ran down to my bottom lashes, and it got clumped inside my eyeball section and inner eyes. I think Im just going to stick to max factors false lash effect mascara.