April 17, 2014 | 1581 users online

Makeup Brushes - Shiseido - Perfect Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My daughter gifted to me after she discovered how 'perfect' it was for foundation. I alternate this with the Mac 130 and I love them both. I think this takes more work to use though than the 130 but the results are great. Mine never sheds, and looks great after multiple washes. Takes overnight to dry, but so worth it. The price is reasonable too considering what it does.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Princesseren

This is one of the best foundation brushes that I have tried ever!
Now, be prepared to practice and gain the technique. This is not you overall brush. It is a very special and professional brush crafted to apply foundation through light dots and sweeps. I would recommend asking a Shiseido consultant how to use it before purchasing.
The basic idea is pumping your foundation in the back of your hand, getting a little product in the brush and start applying in the cheekbone area with light dotting pressure. Work your way down half way through the cheek. Then, sweep the extra product outwards. Repeat in chin and forehead. Remember to sweep afterwards and apply a little more where needed.

Once you master the technique it is a great brush. Remember to use a smooth, non-waterproof foundation.

Get a good brush cleaner too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by lak195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

amazing! best makeup brush i have used. feels really soft. i have only used it with liquid foundation. easy to clean with soap and water. would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Amandaa

This is the most soft blush i own, soooooo soft, love it! I dont use it for apply foundation (have to tr), i use it for apply concealer and the application is flawless. I am willing to buy more 2 brushes, one for blush and the other for apply luminizing powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

excellent brush for under eye concealing and smoothing on foundation on select areas. it is a perfect small size to travel with and blends foundation and concealer beautifully. i dont use it for a full face foundation since that will take a long time since this is a small brush so it is perfect for light make up days and traveling. i really like the angle an the size of this brush and it applies products flawlessly without any streaks. it is worth a try if you are looking for a good foundation brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Re823

Best foundation brush I have found. I've tried the prescriptive foundation brush, moved to a Mary Kay foundation brush, then MAC stippling brush, 188, now this and I really like the size and density of the bristles.... However I have to do a really close up look in the mirror just in case I see some streaking. However if I do I know it's because I am going to fast and not buffing it out right!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation brush is quite small and very dense.
Stippling foundation on achieves a very flawless look with this brush.
Because of its size, it's a great brush to travel with.
Mine has not lost a single hair and the shape is still perfect. The only problem with this brush is that it sucks up a lot of product so a lot of the foundation ends up stuck between the hairs. Also it takes a while to clean, because of the dense hairs.
Altogether a great brush, but for me something more for special occasions than everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by zakitis

so I got this brush as the suggestion of my beauty counter consultant. Today I went for a make up session and ask the make up artist to do one cheek side with shiseido brush, another with normal, flat foundation brush.
She said that the brush is new generation brush. The brush is very, very soft! its very tiny so if you want to make your make up look perfect, this is for you. The only thing what she said that this brush puts make up so naturally that some of my pores were still visible and she still had to use normal flat brush. Together those brushed worked out the magic. Totally flawless aplication! So the summary is, if you are looking for flawless skin look, this brush is a must have! however I would still use it as the first step of make up aplication and then I would go one more round with the flat brush. swiping motions up and down on your cheeks (this is the tip from my make up artist).this brush is a must have for all gadget make up lovers:) it make some longer time to apply however its definately worth to spend a minute more for more smooth skin look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely, short-handled, very densely bristled brush. The handle is well balanced. The bristles are very soft on your skin. You can use it with stippling motions and slide it (e.g. under your eyes, should you use foundation under your eyes). The brush head is very small (diameter approximately 13 mm) which makes it easy to use around the nose as well. The brush is so dense it applies great and with very little waste of product. The result is very natural and you can build product as desired. I wipe the brush with a tissue after each use. The brush is so dense it takes quite a long time to dry after a deep cleanse, something to keep in mind. A very, very nice foundation brush indeed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

When I first saw this brush, I was not blown away. I thought to myself, this looks a lot like the flat top powder brush by ELF, which costs a lot less. However, my thoughts changed when the SA at the Shiseido counter applied a layer of foundation with this brush.

Not only does this give such a non-streaky, even foundation layer, but it is very precise and the angle of this brush makes it so easy to apply. The bristles are not natural hair, but they are handmade together.

My foundation looks super smooth and flawless with this foundation. I like to stipple my foundation and lightly buff it and the angle and the dense bristles make it possible.

The handle is very nice. In fact, the whole brush is made of really nice quality as you can feel it when you use it. Not too heavy, not too light. The design of the brush is very simple yet elegant and efficient.

The only downside is that this brush is hard to wash because it is so dense that any foundation (especially creams and water-resistant/proof foundations) left behind leaves residue in the brush.

A bonus about this brush is that you can use this for all 3 kinds of foundation - powder, cream and even liquids! They say that you should not intermix the type of foundation without washing the brush first (use powder and then cream without washing) or else the brush will end up with a lot of residue at the end.

The brush was around $40 (I'm not too sure but it was around there)..a bit pricey, but I am in LOVE with this brush. I would definitely repurchase this brush.