December 21, 2014 | 1879 users online

Mascara - New York Color - Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by ashleym04

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great mascara for $1.79 .. doesn't really give much volume but it does a great job of lengthening and separating. I had to put on a few extra coats than my normal mascara but for the money you cant beat it. Saw this on Beautypedia and I agree with Paula.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by katie2944

Purchased this mascara mostly because I was in desperate need of one and it was under $3.
It is your typical cheap/basic mascara. I wasn't expecting to be blown away by this product, but it definitely did the job.
I had to apply 2 coats on both top & bottom of lashes to get my desired look.
This is not a dramatic mascara if that is what you're looking for, and you really need to build the colour.

Overall, you can't beat the price, but from now on I will pay the extra $5 for a better brand.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A couple of years ago, I found a mascara I really liked (Jane Aguaceuticals) and then it was discontinued. Then I started using samples I had of 2 different kinds of Estee Lauder mascara, which were pretty good but not worth spending $$$ on. So I was open to ideas when I saw this at the grocery store. I figured it had a couple of things going for it--one, the New York Color brand is now owned by Coty, which to me has always been a quality name, and two, it cost less than $2 and the store had a 50 cent off coupon. It was a gamble, and I might or might not be disappointed. But this mascara works great for me! I love everything about it, including the slender tube. It makes my lashes long and dark, and I haven't had any trouble with flaking, smudging, etc. Now, you have to realize this is not a mascara for someone who wants the super-volumized look, curly lashes, or a false-lash effect. It's simply longer and darker, but I like that look and it's about all my sensitive eyes can tolerate. The only downside to this product is that, the way the container is made, I think mascara is eventually going to start getting onto the outer top of the tube. But I can deal with that. I'm really pleased that I've found "my" mascara for the foreseeable future!
EDIT: I'm REALLY happy with this. I have "older" eyes and lashes, and the narrower brush helps keep the mascara from blotching on my eyelids. I also haven't had any problems with the cap caking up. For me, this is a great everyday mascara, and I will definitely be repurchasing!
EDIT 2: My second tube of this didn't work as well as the first--maybe a quality control issue? Anyway, it would hardly deposit anything on my lashes. I had to turn the wand toward my eye and use the end to apply the excess on my lashes. Then of course it made clumps. So I'll have to keep looking...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by saraluvsduckies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this mascara despite the negative reviews. My only complaints are that it takes a long time to dry and it makes my lashes stiff. This makes my lashes so black and so long it's ridiculous. I have a serious problem with impulse beauty buying. I was trying to find a product someone on YouTube was raving about & it was sold out so I was looking at mascaras. I'm probably the easiest person to impress. I was mesmerized by the cute packaging. I recently took this out of my purse and put in into my makeup bag so I can use it more often. I'm in love.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by vale6295

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On my search for a cheap mascara in target i found this one which was 1.79. What i really like about this mascara is that it really lengthens the eyelashes, separates them, and makes them noticeably darker. to put the mascara i put the brush in the root of my eyelash and wiggle the brush all throughout my eyelashes. this helps to separate the lashes. i definitely noticed that my lashes were longer and other people noticed to and its also really easy to take off. will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well that saying is true. You really do get what you pay for. This didn't do nothing for my lashes. I mean it made my bottom lashes look very well defined but it did nothing to boost the length of my upper lashes. I should've bought Rimmel's Sexy Curves instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by gigglymonkiez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe made my lashes blacker...but every mascara does that. This mascara reminds me of the Maybelline Great Lash mascara from decades ago (which I hate mainly because it did nothing for me despite the hype). I would not buy this product ever again, even though this has got to be the cheapest mascara in the store. Yet, I can think of many other ways to spend the $2. I think the Rimmel Extra Super Lash is around the same price but SOOO much better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just didn't do anything for my lashes, had to keep combing through get any length and then it wasnt much. Zero volume which I really didnt expect much volume since this is just a lengthing formula but something would have been nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

didnt do anything for my short, sparse asian lashes...looks as if it just gave it a tint....didnt hold a curl....thank goodness it was dirt cheap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

Sky Rise is excellent! I get compliments whenever I wear it because it makes my eyelashes look long & false - in a good way. I was not expecting this mascara to be as nice as it is; however, if you apply more than a coat or two or if you use it with another mascara, it'll get clumpy. The black & pinky-gold packaging is cute & sleek-looking. The wand & brush are pretty slim & they worried me at first, but they work well.

The only complaint or con I have with it is that because the formula is thin, it does get a little gloopy & messy. I have to wipe off excess each time I put the wand back in. In any case, for the little money you'll spend you'll get an awesome mascara. As far as drugstore mascaras go, this is one of the best you can get. I actually liked it so much, I bought two tubes without realizing it.