April 19, 2014 | 921 users online

Fragrances - Elie Saab-Le Parfum

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by HRH_UK

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

LOVE IT! Tried it on in duty free but didn't get it as I needed time for it to develop.
At first, it was very strong and I wasn't too sure. It was VERY heavy, in your face, orange blossom and jasmine. I smelled my wrist again about 30 minutes later while on the plane, and I fell in love.
It's sensual and comforting, all at the same time. The orange blossom and jasmine fades into the background. Cedar, white flowers, a slight hint of rose come into the forefront. I absolutely HATE patchouli (probably wouldn't have even tried it had I known it was a note) and fortunately, I can't smell it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Shantay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was intending to buy this fragrances even before I smell it because of such a big brand name! But I was so disappointed at the end of the day. It smells different but nothing really special. My boss (40'ish male) said it smells like an old lady...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Elie Saab starts with a scorching blast--and I mean a fire-hose-high-pressured BLAST--of orange flower and honey, with an itty-bitty bit of jasmine lurking in the background. It takes quite a bit of time (half an hour+) to calm down, and even then I'm not sure if it's because it has truly calmed or my nose has somehow gotten used to it. I'll stick with 24 Faubourg's restrained elegance for my orange blossom fix, as Elie Saab is definitely trying too hard to be a lady and screaming at everyone to pay attention to her.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by ruenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really hate this fragrance. I went to a store to try out some new perfumes and one of the clerks suggested this perfume. I tried it out and it was awful. It was too heavy, strong, sharp and unpleasant. Literally, it gave me a nausea. I had two male friends with me and they hated it,too. The only thing i could say positive about this product, too bad for me, it lingers for a long time. I washed my wrist three times and even so right before I went to bed it was still there and pretty strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by SeeMeBeauty

I enjoy mystery and challenge and intrigue in my fragrances. I welcome a little edge and invite the uncomfortable. However, sometimes I just want to smell great without all the work to get there and this beautiful fragrance fits the bill. Heavy floral, pretty straight forward, starts out jasmine and gains the slightest touch of creaminess as it wears on. Excellent in warm weather. I wink at this one and it winks right back. Nice.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by OVincze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never thought Le Parfum would be for me as I am used to wearing muskier and heavier scents but the moment I smelled this I fell in love and have fallen deeper and deeper for this scent ever since.

It smells exactly like light, evokes memories of sunshine and a vacation in the mediterranean and brings smile to my face, the moment I spray it I see wind and sunshine, clear blue skies and feel happiness. Still, it is not a summer fragrance but one,which,can be worn in any season or any occassion, whether going to work at the office or on a date, and is complicated, mysterious and different. I love different scents, scents with depth but what is so great about La Parfum is that it does all this without being heavy, dark, overly sweet and cheesy.

I cannot resist how great it makes me feel, the way a beautiful dress on a dark, rainy day can or colorful makeup sometimes this fragrance is capable to make someone happy even on a dark day or when in a bad mood.

It is also a perfume that does not need time to develop but starts out as an explosion and stays the same while it fades away. The happiness it evokes is instant because of the orange flower and the other white flowers in the composition and almost instantly you smell the warmth, the honey and lebanese cedar though the notes all come together in a perfect blend and none is overly dominant.

It is definitely not a mainstream perfume but one for those with refined taste. If you are one who dares to be different, smell it, it may just be your scent.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by rosie06

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm really surprised by the mixed reviews on Elie Saab. I love it, my adult daughter loves it, my husband loves it. Enough said!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Roza84

As much as I adore Ellie Saab and his out of this planet sense of fashion and feminine designs, I had tears in my eyes when I smelled this perfume :-(. I rushed to the store to try it and when the SA sprayed me with it I had an instant sharp headache. It smelled like an ancient granny's perfume something, too heavy, too "JASMINY"

Sorry, won't wear that in thousand years. I hope the next one will be nicer. One lippie for the nice bottle, sniff sniff

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is an absolute likeable winner in modern perfumery for sure (jasmine and iris are the ''new rose'':)))...Mr. Kurkdjian has made a perfect loud but still very feminine orange caressing jasmine-perfume which someone could find very cloying and sweet while others maybe to dry and flowery...I'm on my side and my opinion is that this one is already seen (Mon Jasmin noir, APOM, even kinda Guccy by Gucci) synthetic, chemicaly induced orange with very posh jasmine flowers,some vanilla, bergamot,very strong musc and amber....
If you like APOM (whic is quite simmilar to this one) I think you might like Elie Saab Le Parfum..
after 15 minutes I feel very much resemblance with Gucci by Gucci...almost plasticky feeling on my skin....and hardcore orange (neroli) polen..
BUT if you're about to wear it in public,I'm positive there won't be a single person that won't sence that wondereful and sweet aroma this perfume has to offer...
for now (and since I own APOM), I'll settle with a decant...and later on...we'll see...

sillage is great and longievity is average on my skin (5-7 hrs)

be sure to try this one before you buy...and if you buy it, you will be pleased for sure..

(aaand after that- oh God- I bought it!!!it is perfect....I'm totally crazy about it!!!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I can't speak as a user of this full product, a promoter spritzed this on my wrist. And I havvvve to comment. This is so #Chloe Love edp! What happened? I luve Chloe Love for its ultra-feminine cream bouquet kinda scent. A classy take on florals. But Elie Saab, u rate low in originality...not akin to the gorgeous dresses u're renowned for. Also, the drydown smells like another floral. Sorry Saab, am not feelin it.