July 28, 2014 | 1835 users online

Foundations - Boots - No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by stephanie3101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation, I have tried so many for my oily skin and nothing seems to keep me matte for the whole day at work. You do not need much of it at all, do not apply too much or it can look cakey. I agree with the other reviewers who suggest that you should go into a Boots store and get colour matched, I was matched to Cool Vanilla and it is perfect! I sometimes use it with the beautifully matte primer too if I have time to blend it in properly first (I think I might need to go back into store and ask how to use the primer properly because it gets rid of a lot of oil when it goes on right!) I will continue to buy this foundation because I just love it and it is a good price (especially when there are offers on No 7 products at Boots). Try it, especially if you have oily/acne prone skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by SKWKLBF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went to go get matched at Boots and was told I was 'Calico' the lightest shade, which is a very pale shade, I wasn't convinced however and went back the next day and was matched to Cool Vanilla which is a perfect match for my NW15 skin, but I would definitely say go into store the first time you buy just to make sure and get matched.
The formula itself is quite thick so you do end up using a bit more to spread it evenly. The formula I would say is medium to high, it looks very nice when used sparingly, if too much is used it can look cakey. I think it cost me around £10 which isn't bad for a good foundation.
My skin is incredibly oily, so I generally only get max 4/5 hours out of a foundation before having to reapply and this does stay on quite well. It keeps me matte longer than most foundations. However my skin is very very oily, it will last much longer I imagine on normal, combo and oily skin. Still, this does a pretty good job.
The packaging is great, comes in a nice black box, and the foundation itself is in a plastic tube with a pump, so it's really easy to get product out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by laonie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm don't usually write reviews, but I just had to for this foundation!
I'm one of these that has spent hundreds on trying different foundations from cheaper brands like revlon,bonjour ect.. to expensive like bobbi brown, Clinique, MAC, Estée Lauder. Oh so much money i'v wasted on the hope that this foundation will be the one, but I'm always let down!I have oily skin which is acne prone, so I look for a full coverage, non oily foundation, at the moment I was having to use 2different foundations to get the coverage I wanted, which is MAC studio fix & MAC sculpt both in NC30 as one or other on own don't give coverage I need! But doesn't give the greatest colour for my skin.
I came across this foundation by chance when I was in boots waiting for my mum &was standing by no7 counter, I looked at this foundation & thought I'm going to look at reviews for this! So looking at various sites and reading reviews, it seemed to get high praise so I thought let me have a go!
When i went to boots that machine colour match me to deeply beige, the assistant(who by the way was lovely) put abit on me & the colour blended so well, I brought it took it home, wiped off all my other foundation & applied it & I was amazed, colour perfect & that's a first for me, coverage great & looked amazing without feeling heavy! If you have imperfections like me, you will still need concealer & I recommend a finishing powder to, to help keep shine at bay! It has longevity, but you will probably need to re- touch if you want it to last into the night, but that would be the case with any foundation!
If like me, you got my sort of skin, broke, try this foundation, it's the best I' v ever tried & for under £13, bargin I say( well for me, I usally have to buy two expensive ones to make up my foundation) . Great colour match, great foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Brookewannabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am so surprised this doesn't have many reviews. Are you mad?

Ok so I have tried almost every foundation there is. Including ordering from companies overseas. Just to try something different to our country. I've had em all. I used to pay £35 for Jane Iredale! I've tried all by mac. Serval Dior. Estée Lauder 3 different ones. Lancome. Lots of Clinique. Every foundation probably. I've reviewed some. An I rave about them but.. We all change. My skin color is more tanned. I want a different coverage so...

I've been wearing mac face and body again.. Love it. But I felt naked. It gives good coverage if you like sheer. I do and I dont buy I could not find a foundation I was happy with. They all looked perfect under artificial light! But outside. I didn't like my face. I felt like a tart. I wanted a magic foundation that you could not even see I was wearing it. And come on girls. We can see when someone is wearing makeup right?.. It's like in our nature. This is why I went for the face and body. It's so watery it didn't look like makeup.. But like I said. I felt naked. After a few hours it's slipped off.

I went to boots to look around but I am sorry every blooming shade in stores is orange!! It drives me crazy. If its not orange toned. It's pink. Who has this color skin.
Anyway I saw the no7 stand had changed. I had a nose round.

I remember seeing that little machine advertised on tv about color matching service so...
I asked for help. She removed some of my mac makeup and used the little magic toy haha she said I'd had 2 tones. Redid it but same again 2 colors.
She goes and gets them. Tried one on each cheek/jawline. I couldn't tell and tbh was wary. Inside. My makeup did look alright. It wa natural light. An I told her I was fed up of trying all foundations and not liking them and I'm spending a fortune I don't have she completely understood how annoying it is and a waste of money.

She gave me a sample of both colors to try. I was matched to beige and deeply beige.
I tried both on my cheeks and on my hand. I noticed beige was hmm ashy. It had a faint pinky ash tone to it. I swatched the deeply beige and the color inside the house and out was the same color as my hand...

I was shocked haha normally there's got to be something I don't like I'm so fussy
I've been wearing this foundation sample for a few days and I have to say on first application I knew I was buying this!!
It's freaking amazing!!
How the heck have I missed this. Is it new? I don't know but it's mine!!!

I've spent. This year. God. ££££ I've actually purchased this year mac face and body. Mac studio sculpt. Dior nude. Estée Lauder double wear. Double wear light. And invisible fluid. Lancôme teint nude. Revlon color stay. Bourjois I forgot the name. New one. And leichner. Yes I have purchased all them looking for my HG!!!

I found it! And it doesn't even cost much so for the people saying they'll only purchase with a £5 off voucher. Are you mad?! This stuff is worth £50!!

The bottle is great because as you pump it raises inside the container. You can see what you have left plus you get every drop.

I have trouble blending quick. And for people saying you gotta be quick. You don't. It blends amazing. It looks like my own skin in a tub but flawless lol
I've also applied this at about 11am. And slept in it. The next day I still looks amazing. It's got good wear!! I don't need powder

Ok I'll admit. I think it does set quick but my trick is wet your brush. It glided better. I use a stippling brush. And I used a makeup wipe and keep rubbing my brush in the wipe. It won't remove the makeup I wear. Keep ya brush moist Maybe that's why I find it blends better.

Hope you find this helpfull. Sorry I've ranted on but seriously. If ya not gonna buy it please get matched and get a sample

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by karentsang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been searching for a HG foundation for a v v long time! This is the closest that I've come to it, so far :)
My biggest problem is that I look awful with foundations that are even the slightest too pink for my very oily asian (chinese) skin.. They make me look..well, hot and flustered!
This foundation (shade 10 new ivory) is the perfect match!! It is on the yellow side when applied initially but it blends out into the perfect colour..
The staying power is phenomenal, so far. I've had to blot with blotting sheets once during the day in the 5 full days I've been wearing it (no re-powdering!) and it still looks great!
Usually, I take all my foundation off and re-do --atleast-- once a day, due to oiliness and generally feeling caked. This foundation doesn't require that much, a little goes a long way - I use less than one pump. I use it with a damp 'beauty blender' (cosmopolitan beauty sponge from superdrug) and it makes my face looks flawless. This also does well with helping to blend quickly, due to this foundation setting relatively quick! I LOVE IT, so far...
Reference - I was NC30 in MAC before I found better foundations :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by mansunliew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had a £5 voucher off for all No7 products so I decided to give there foundation a try :) I saw many good reviews for this foundation so I decided to try it. I squirted the tiny pump on my hand when I was figuring out my shade inside Boots and so much coverage came out it was unbelievable :o and it blends like a dream :') impressed,i bought it,rushed home and put it on my face. I used a tiny bit for the whole face and was so happy!:D It blends amazingly, the staying power is actually beautiful (I used a powder btw^.^) and its just amaaaazing :). However..it is kinda expensive :'( It is orginally £13.50,but with the £5 voucher it was £8.50,but I would only buy this foundation with the £5 voucher... BUT GO BUY IT NOW!! :DDD

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently decided to try this because i had a £5.00 off No7 voucher and i'd just ran out of foundation.
I payed £8.50, which is less then i usually pay, but it's normally £13.50.
Unlike most, i'm quite lucky when it comes to trying out different foundations, as my skin is reasonably normal, i dont often get spots so i can take more risks when it comes to foundation.
I decided to try the 'Beautifully Matte' foundation because i prefer the matte look, and this foundation certainly delivers that, you have to work it in REALLY QUICKLY as it sets fast and once it sets it's near on impossible to blend in, due to the matte effect.
For a fair foundation, it's a little darker then most but i dont mind that, as it gives me a little extra colour.
I think i would purchase this foundation again if i get another voucher from boots.