April 19, 2014 | 1198 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this in an Ipsy Glam Bag. After using it, I had to do a double take to see if it was waterproof--that's how well it wears. It also goes on easily and is nice and dark in one coat. This mascara has one of those rubbery, spiky wands (hard to describe) that are a little intimidating, but it was easy to apply. The downfall of this mascara? It is EXTREMELY hard to get off. I use my normal eye makeup remover plus DHC cleansing oil and I still have dark circles under my eyes. I would not buy this again because I am afraid all my lashes will be pulled out after wearing it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara did a good job of voluminizing and curling lashes without clumping. Unfortunately, my eyes did not react well to this. When I used this product, my eyes constantly teared and were irritated and red. I actually thought i might have pink-eye and wen to see my eye doctor, who gave me the all clear. I stopped wearing this mascara and all the symptoms went away. I agree with other reviewrs that you can get equally good mascara from DS and I do not get any negative reaction from the other brands. I do not recommend this especially if you have sensitive eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by BEjunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this product because while it does do exactly what it says it will do, it is also a MESS to take off. My Clinique Take the Day Off remover works HARD to get this stuff off... and usually that's all I need. If I remove this and then get in the shower the next morning, I still wind up with black marks under my eyes. General wear: It doesn't flake or anything. Very black mascara that looks beautiful. I just don't know if it's worth it for me to have the aggravation of having to remove it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by babydollnot4u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my first tube of this mascara and have to say that I'm pretty impressed by it's performance! The mascara applies easily and is a beautiful black color. My eyelashes appear much longer after using this mascara, although the mascara doesn't seem to thicken my lashes at all. The mascara lasts all day with out flaking or smearing. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by vanessalee91

I love this mascara! I have long lashes but not thick ones so this really makes them stand out! I'm not too peachy keen on price but I have not strayed from this mascara unless I need waterproof... On that note I wish there was a waterproof version

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by BlaUndBla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. I will definitely repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by srmeric

i really hate this mascara. Seriously, this is Ulta and Sephora's best selling mascara? Really?go to the drugstore and select max factor false lash effect mascara. this is nothing special and not worth the price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I never really saw a difference between mascaras a the drug store, they all pretty much applied and looked the same the only thing that was different was the packaging. I have tried ever drug store mascara (really). So I figured why not move on to the high end. This of course is crazy hyped so I figured I should start with this one. And I really do notice a difference. My lashes look like fabulous long lashes instead of mascara coated sticks. I can put coat after coat and it doesn't clump up. It's amazing. I think it really is worth the hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Missfit88

So I am always on the hunt for a great mascara, and so far this one has been my favorite, along with Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Mascara (yellow tube). I don't care much for eyelash extension effect; since I have a decent length as it is, I am more concerned with Volume. BeneFit's They're Real is great for that, with an extra tip on the brush for addition to the volume. This is a great Mascara for dramatic effect, and although I don't love the price, it is totally worth it for me. I do wish it came in brown, but so far it just gives it to you in black, I have green eyes so the brown mascara's usually are a better contrast with my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Seriously, this is Ulta and Sephora's best selling mascara? Really? Oh lordy people, go to the drugstore section of Ulta and get Cover Girl LashBlast (orange tube), or L'Oreal Voluminous or Telescopic or even Maybelline Falsies...same thing $15+ cheaper. This is absolutely nothing special. As a matter of fact go to Walgreen's and get the Jordana Volume mascara for $3 and it is better than this. I am ashamed at myself for falling into the hype. At least I only bought the $10 mini tube. Those of you who are perfectly happy with your drugstore mascaras, let me be the one to tell you, "No, this is nothing special and not worth the price. Stick with what you know is working for you." If this were a $5 drugstore mascara, not bad. But no way on earth is this woth the $20 they are selling it for.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No