September 22, 2014 | 1884 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by TheLovelyGlamor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Short and sweet: This mascara gives my eyelashes more volume and that extra oomf it needs, but it tends to smudge and can't hold a curl very well.
The Nitty Gritty: Maybelline has a knack for pumping out good mascaras with super cute packaging and lots of claims. Like the falsies claims to give you false-looking eyelashes and that's a pretty big claim. Now when I bought this I never expected it to give my lashes that falsies look, which it didn't, but it didn't make my lashes look pretty darn amazing. It makes them look long and volumized and just super pretty.
There's only a few things that this mascara falls short on.
This can't hold a curl. I think this has to do with the fact that this isn't the waterproof version, but it barely lifts my lashes at all. I don't mind this very much, but I do mind the fact that it smudges right at the outer corner of my eyes every single time I wear it. But I have pretty oily eyelids and pretty much every non-waterproof mascara I use does this on me.
And this isn't a good mascara for layering either, meaning this wouldn't be very good for using with another mascara, but I don't use this mascara to do that anyway so it's not a big deal for me.
Overall this mascara is great for people that just want those long and slighter thicker looking lashes that everybody wants. I would actually repurchase this, but I think I'll be checking out the waterproof version and see if it's any better at holding a curl and not smudging.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by steph720

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Falsies Flared is my HG mascara. I have always used Lancome mascaras and really liked Hypnose and Hypnose Drama. The problem with Hypnose Drama is too much comes out and before it dries in gets on your eyelid above the lashline and below the bottom lashes. So it takes some effort to take off from around your eye once you put it on.

I tried Falsies flared on a whim....I usually only buy Prestige cosmetics. I was shocked and how incredible this mascara is. Just the right amount comes out on the brush as your applying it to your lashes. I usually use one coat, but when I want extra oomph I apply two coats.

I love this one so much that I have three Lancome Hypnose Dramas that I have gotten as gifts that are still unopened!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by kellieanne93

I absolutely hate this mascara. I bought a brand new tube a month ago, and every single application of it has been horrible. It flakes, it clumps, it doesn't hold a curl, it doesn't lengthen, it doesn't thicken evenly..I HATE IT.

I like that it's jet black, so it does blacken but that's about all it does. If I ever finally get my lashes to the desired length with this mascara, it doesn't last for long as it flakes and sags my lashes. I would seriously recommend to avoid this mascara. If I haven't emphasized just how much I hate it..I'm going to the store on my work lunch break today to purchase a new mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hated this product! Way to watery!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by mascaraloverforlife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

ok, there's a lot of mixed reviews about this mascara so i decided to try it for myself. for me, it's pretty average. my 1st problem is there's no stopper (or maybe there is but it's not a good one) which leaves a lot of product on the wand which then causes the clumping in the first place. if Maybelline provides a good stopper for this mascara, this would be the bomb!

PROS:
+adds volume
+adds a little bit of length
+dark pigment

CONS:
-flakes
-clumps
-doesn't have a good stopper
-doesn't make my lashes look "flared"

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ya know? I'm not really a fan. I love the original falsies but not this mess. The brush does produce an intense curl but the regular falsies indeed gives me a false eyelash look so I will be sticking with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by annapieface

I really like this mascara!
Pros:
1) It is quite dark
2) Separates my lashes
3) Makes them appear fuller

Cons:
1) CAN get clumpy
2) Is hard to layer - once the first layer is on and dried, getting another layer on without super spidery lashes is hard.
3) Some people complain about the smell. I don't really mind because you can't smell it once it's on your lashes.

I was drawn to this product by the concept of having 'flared' eyelashes - I find that this does flare out my lashes. Priceline often has Maybelline mascaras on sale for $10 so I think this is a nice, affordable mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This mascara gives a lot of volume and length but it is not very dark and does not coat all the lashes evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by xolovelucyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is seriously amazing... I have experimented with mascaras... I have probably tired every mascara sold in the Walmart stores. I really like the Flared Falsies one the best, though. This product is absolutely amazing. I like the shape of the brush; it is curved and makes my lashes curl. It also adds immense volume to my lashes that I haven't ever gotten from other brands. I tried the Falsies Black Drama mascara and didn't get as good of results with it like I did with the Falsies Flared. It's all I buy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

I really like this mascara a lot. I hated the original falsies mascara. So I was surprised how much i liked this version. I bought it on sale and had heard good things about it. so glad I did. Gives my lashes lusious volume. A great buy.