October 31, 2014 | 1600 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by nluu23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Long story short, I am not a fan of this mascara. I love trying new mascaras and I understand that mascaras work differently on people. I have medium length, naturally curly Asian eyelashes (I know, strange for my people).

One of the reasons why I do not like this mascara is because it clumps, it does a poor job of separating my lashes. Not really easy to layer either, dries too fast. This mascara also flakes rather quickly which is a shame, I'd rather not spend most of my day wiping under my eyes. For it being not waterproof, this mascara does not wash off easily. You definitely need to use eye makeup remover (I'm lazy, I like for my mascara to rinse off magically with warm water and plus, I hardly wear any other eye makeup).

I personally would not buy this again, but seems like there are quite a few fans of this mascara out there. And if it doesn't work for you, at least it will be a cheap mistake :).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by iloovelalu

I bought the waterproof version of this mascara.

I have medium to short asian lashes that are naturally uncurled so they require curl, volume and lengthening. Although the product did not live up to its claim to making my lashes appear like falsies, they were able to hold curl and provide beautiful lengthening and separation for at least 8 hours. Being oily, it was a near miracle that the mascara did not smudge on me. This mascara will also hold through bouts of tears as well.

The fatal flaw of this mascara is that the formula will dry out your lashes. After using this mascara nearly every day for four to five months, I experienced dry lashes that had a tendency to fall out- not pretty. After a short time without using this mascara, my lashes were fine again and I was able to use it.

This is highly recommended to all of the asian gals in the beauty community. This will not weigh down your lashes, and it lengthens and separates wonderfully! I've gotten compliments from my boyfriend on my eyelashes- always a good sign.

Lippies taken off from packaging because it's not super cute, and the mascara has a tendency to clump around the tip of the brush and the opening of the tube. Not a big thing, given that this mascara is cheap. Canadian friends, look around Shoppers or London Drugs! You can often find this on sale for $5.00.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by TheLovelyGlamor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Short and sweet: This mascara gives my eyelashes more volume and that extra oomf it needs, but it tends to smudge and can't hold a curl very well.
The Nitty Gritty: Maybelline has a knack for pumping out good mascaras with super cute packaging and lots of claims. Like the falsies claims to give you false-looking eyelashes and that's a pretty big claim. Now when I bought this I never expected it to give my lashes that falsies look, which it didn't, but it didn't make my lashes look pretty darn amazing. It makes them look long and volumized and just super pretty.
There's only a few things that this mascara falls short on.
This can't hold a curl. I think this has to do with the fact that this isn't the waterproof version, but it barely lifts my lashes at all. I don't mind this very much, but I do mind the fact that it smudges right at the outer corner of my eyes every single time I wear it. But I have pretty oily eyelids and pretty much every non-waterproof mascara I use does this on me.
And this isn't a good mascara for layering either, meaning this wouldn't be very good for using with another mascara, but I don't use this mascara to do that anyway so it's not a big deal for me.
Overall this mascara is great for people that just want those long and slighter thicker looking lashes that everybody wants. I would actually repurchase this, but I think I'll be checking out the waterproof version and see if it's any better at holding a curl and not smudging.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by steph720

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Falsies Flared is my HG mascara. I have always used Lancome mascaras and really liked Hypnose and Hypnose Drama. The problem with Hypnose Drama is too much comes out and before it dries in gets on your eyelid above the lashline and below the bottom lashes. So it takes some effort to take off from around your eye once you put it on.

I tried Falsies flared on a whim....I usually only buy Prestige cosmetics. I was shocked and how incredible this mascara is. Just the right amount comes out on the brush as your applying it to your lashes. I usually use one coat, but when I want extra oomph I apply two coats.

I love this one so much that I have three Lancome Hypnose Dramas that I have gotten as gifts that are still unopened!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by kellieanne93

I absolutely hate this mascara. I bought a brand new tube a month ago, and every single application of it has been horrible. It flakes, it clumps, it doesn't hold a curl, it doesn't lengthen, it doesn't thicken evenly..I HATE IT.

I like that it's jet black, so it does blacken but that's about all it does. If I ever finally get my lashes to the desired length with this mascara, it doesn't last for long as it flakes and sags my lashes. I would seriously recommend to avoid this mascara. If I haven't emphasized just how much I hate it..I'm going to the store on my work lunch break today to purchase a new mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hated this product! Way to watery!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by mascaraloverforlife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

ok, there's a lot of mixed reviews about this mascara so i decided to try it for myself. for me, it's pretty average. my 1st problem is there's no stopper (or maybe there is but it's not a good one) which leaves a lot of product on the wand which then causes the clumping in the first place. if Maybelline provides a good stopper for this mascara, this would be the bomb!

PROS:
+adds volume
+adds a little bit of length
+dark pigment

CONS:
-flakes
-clumps
-doesn't have a good stopper
-doesn't make my lashes look "flared"

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ya know? I'm not really a fan. I love the original falsies but not this mess. The brush does produce an intense curl but the regular falsies indeed gives me a false eyelash look so I will be sticking with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by annapieface

I really like this mascara!
Pros:
1) It is quite dark
2) Separates my lashes
3) Makes them appear fuller

Cons:
1) CAN get clumpy
2) Is hard to layer - once the first layer is on and dried, getting another layer on without super spidery lashes is hard.
3) Some people complain about the smell. I don't really mind because you can't smell it once it's on your lashes.

I was drawn to this product by the concept of having 'flared' eyelashes - I find that this does flare out my lashes. Priceline often has Maybelline mascaras on sale for $10 so I think this is a nice, affordable mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This mascara gives a lot of volume and length but it is not very dark and does not coat all the lashes evenly.