August 27, 2014 | 1854 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Brush Collection - Eyes Starter Set

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

Love them especially the angled brush for my eyebrows.. Price is unabelievable

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Every now and then, I get the urge to haul certain makeup items. I got a lemming for some new brushes, but didn't feel like spending an arm and a leg. These are a great bang for your buck. A majority of my makeup brushes are MAC, and when compared to these, I can most definitely feel the quality difference...but that is not to say that these are "bad" or "cheap" brushes. I like how these are synthetic and can be used for both powder and cream products. For the price, they are soft and well made. They wash very well and dry quickly. If you're just starting a brush collection, or just want to expand your HE stash with new pretties, these are a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Jujulaboo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These brushes are of the highest quality I've ever come across. They are the perfect amount of stiffness and are very consistent in quality. Basically, all the brushes feel like I'm rubbing puppies on my face. They are synthetic the price is $18.00 in the US (On website.) The Base Shadow Brush is very similar to the MAC 217, though u feel it's of higher quality. It's very versatile. You can use it to apply color to your lid, you can you it to apply a crease color, and can use it to blend shadow. I've also used for concealer and it works well. The Deluxe Crease Brush is great for blending in concealer! I also use it to blend eyeshadow. The Accent Brush can be used for detailing on the eye, inner corner highlight, lip brush, and for concealer. The Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush is nice if I want a smokey liner, but I love doing very precise cat eye looks, so this brush doesn't get much use from me personally. The Brow Brush is the brush I use the least in the set because I like a very thin line at the end of my brow. This brush can't make the look because it is quite thick. Overall, I think these are the best brushes money can buy! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by lndtng

I don't think everyone will, but I use all the brushes daily. I think they're great at doing what they're meant to do. I've heard quite a few people saying the eyeliner brush is very large, but I've tried it and I think it works great for eyeliner. Go real techniques!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Mametchi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect brush for gel eyeliner. It gets so close to my lash line. It is sturdy yet gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by sandi117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely LOVE these brushes! I have three sets (this one, the Core Collection set, and the Travel Essentials set) and love all of the brushes. They're high quality and affordable. I recommend these brushes to all of my friends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

These are all synthetic, and more geared towards cream products in my opinion.
The base brush is my favourite as I tend to use cream shadows every single day. Not so great with the 'hard' consistency of certain shadows (Color Tattoos, some BeneFit Creaseless . . . )
Deluxe Crease brush is definitely the best crease brush I've ever used. It deposits the perfect amount of colour and also blends out the shadow at the same time.
Eyeliner brush is a bit of a hit and miss since it's not 'pixel point' per se. I use it with coloured liners as I like using thicker lines with non-black/browns.
Brow brush is too long for my brows but still works in a pinch.
Accent/Detail brush is fantastic for applying cream/powder highlight in the inner corner and also blending out eyeliners

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Polydroogie

I love all these brushes a lot, The only one I don`t care too much for is the pixel point brush, which is too thick for eyeliner application, but the other ones are amazing!
I use the base shadow brush for normal, powder eyeshadow and since I have a small crease, it fits perfectly into it. I use the deluxe crease for concealer and since it is so dense it gets right into the under eye area. I use the angled brush for my brows and the accent brush for under the lower lashline. THEY ARE AMAZING

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Super excited and had a freak out moment in Walmart when I finally found these brushes as I've been waiting patiently for them to arrive in Canada. Absolutely love these brushes and find them to be very high quality for such an affordable price as I paid only $18.98. Each brush is light weight with densely packed and soft bristles, no shedding, and washes beautifully to retain their shape. Love the versatility of these brushes as they can be used beyond eye looks and works well with concealer application and blending, lipstick application, and precise face powder application too. Highly recommend them. I've already gone back and repurchased 2 more sets to give as birthday gifts to my friends.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by dropdeaddandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for these, based on the reviews here. I love the pretty purple handles, and the case is somewhat handy (though, as another reviewer mentioned, it is hard to put the brushes back into their little individual slots)...but these are just way too big for me! I had very little control in that the base and the crease brushes each take up like have the size of the eyelid. It resulted in very little chance to get detailed and actually shade one color into the other-the brush would "occupy" like three colors on the lid at once. It made it hard for me to do the regular smokey eye. Maybe with practice I could get used to the size-and if you like using big eye brushes then these should be fine for you. But I am returning mine.