July 29, 2014 | 2007 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Brush Collection - Eyes Starter Set

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Mametchi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect brush for gel eyeliner. It gets so close to my lash line. It is sturdy yet gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by sandi117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely LOVE these brushes! I have three sets (this one, the Core Collection set, and the Travel Essentials set) and love all of the brushes. They're high quality and affordable. I recommend these brushes to all of my friends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

These are all synthetic, and more geared towards cream products in my opinion.
The base brush is my favourite as I tend to use cream shadows every single day. Not so great with the 'hard' consistency of certain shadows (Color Tattoos, some BeneFit Creaseless . . . )
Deluxe Crease brush is definitely the best crease brush I've ever used. It deposits the perfect amount of colour and also blends out the shadow at the same time.
Eyeliner brush is a bit of a hit and miss since it's not 'pixel point' per se. I use it with coloured liners as I like using thicker lines with non-black/browns.
Brow brush is too long for my brows but still works in a pinch.
Accent/Detail brush is fantastic for applying cream/powder highlight in the inner corner and also blending out eyeliners

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Polydroogie

I love all these brushes a lot, The only one I don`t care too much for is the pixel point brush, which is too thick for eyeliner application, but the other ones are amazing!
I use the base shadow brush for normal, powder eyeshadow and since I have a small crease, it fits perfectly into it. I use the deluxe crease for concealer and since it is so dense it gets right into the under eye area. I use the angled brush for my brows and the accent brush for under the lower lashline. THEY ARE AMAZING

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Super excited and had a freak out moment in Walmart when I finally found these brushes as I've been waiting patiently for them to arrive in Canada. Absolutely love these brushes and find them to be very high quality for such an affordable price as I paid only $18.98. Each brush is light weight with densely packed and soft bristles, no shedding, and washes beautifully to retain their shape. Love the versatility of these brushes as they can be used beyond eye looks and works well with concealer application and blending, lipstick application, and precise face powder application too. Highly recommend them. I've already gone back and repurchased 2 more sets to give as birthday gifts to my friends.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by dropdeaddandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for these, based on the reviews here. I love the pretty purple handles, and the case is somewhat handy (though, as another reviewer mentioned, it is hard to put the brushes back into their little individual slots)...but these are just way too big for me! I had very little control in that the base and the crease brushes each take up like have the size of the eyelid. It resulted in very little chance to get detailed and actually shade one color into the other-the brush would "occupy" like three colors on the lid at once. It made it hard for me to do the regular smokey eye. Maybe with practice I could get used to the size-and if you like using big eye brushes then these should be fine for you. But I am returning mine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

So I bought the Eyes Starter Kit back in January, I do love Real Techniques and the brush are affordable and fantastic quality. In hindsight though, I really didn't need to buy this set. The brushes are great for beginners, but do not even come close to my beloved MAC 217, 239 and 224 brushes for blending, crease work etc. In fact, I use the brushes for different purposes.

So in the set we have:

Base Shadow Brush - Too fluffy for proper eyeshadow application, does a decent job of blending harsh lines.

Deluxe Crease Brush - I love using this brush to apply my loose powder (Ben Nye Banana powder) to my undereye area. I've also used it blend creamy concealer and it does a fine job.

Accent Brush - Not much use for this, except being very precise at apply eyeshadow in my inner corners.

Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush - Too thick for getting a precise, thin line on my upper lashline. I use this everyday to apply gel liner to my waterline.

Brow Brush - Far too large to apply my MUFE Aqua Brow. My brows are pretty thin right now so ineffective for me, I'll be sticking to my trusty MAC 266 brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best vale and quality. I had heard great things about the real techniques brushes so I bought the two kits and LOVE them! They do not shed and they help apply makeup perfectly! I found it took some experimenting to find the perfect use for each but now I can't do without these brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by albs

I get a lot of use out of some of these brushes and minimal use out of others. I wish these were sold individually. Honestly, I don't think the kit itself is a great "starter kit"- it's missing a lot of essential brushes like a flat shading brush, a thin angled brush, and a thin eyeliner brush. I don't use these brushes exclusively on the eyes. I love the design- the long, aluminum ferules look nice and make washing your brushes a little safer because it's more difficult to accidently get water inside. One of the best things about this kit is that there are a lot of different uses for the brushes. This is how I use them now, but I'm always discovering different ways to utilize them. And they clean very well so you can use them for all sorts of different things- just sanitize!

Base shadow brush: I wish I could buy more of these without getting the whole kit! I love it for blending, I think it works beautifully for that. It's very tapered at the tip so it blends eyeshadow out well without blending it away and making everything look like it's all one colour which is something I always have some difficulty with. I also adore it for cream shadow, especially my Benefit cream shadow which I find disappointing otherwise.

Deluxe crease brush: I think this is a little large to be used as a crease brush. I like to use it to blend out concealer.

Accent brush: teensy little paddle brush. I use it for smudging or putting highlight into the inner corner but I don't use it all that often. Still not bad to have kicking around.

Pixel-point eyeliner brush: Pixel point? Seriously? Too thick to apply gel/creme liner. Not bad for smudgy liner or putting a little colour in the lower lash line.

Brow brush: I don't do my brows and this brush is really too thick to use for anything else. Even if I did do my brows I feel like a thinner, more precise brush would be more beneficial.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by meghans4295

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely LOVE these! So much more affordable than MAC, and they do such a good job! They also don't shed, and clean up so easily!

Base eyeshadow brush: so soft, and blends really nicely, really easily!
Deluxe crease brush: I'll be honest, I haven't used it as a crease brush personally, I quite like it for contouring ;)
Liner brush: definitely a bit too thick for liner, IMO (but I already have a great e/l brush so it doesn't matter to me), however I love it for fine detailing with my shadow shape, or more often, getting shadow along my lower lashline carefully!
Accent brush: I use this for concealer, and it's great for me! Small enough so it just covers the spot you need to hide.
Brow brush: I'll be honest, this is the one I have yet to use (because I use pencil on my brows right now), but I'm sure it'll be used eventually!

Overall, i say if you're thinking about getting this set, DO IT! I may also be the minority here, but I find the color really cute :)