October 23, 2014 | 1347 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I have been having seriously bad acne problems. I was on an anti-biotic for my acne and then got off it when my skin cleared up, but I had to go back on it because my skin started getting bad again. It was really, really, really bad and painful. So I reluctantly got back on the medicine.

That being said because I think it is important background information in regard to my review. I want my review to be helpful and not misleading.

In regards to the product I picked it up one day when I was having painful acne flair ups. I used it a few times in combination with another cleanser, but not daily. I didn't find it to be irritating or drying so I kept using it. One a day out of shear desperation I decided I would try this cleanser full time. While it hasn't cleared up my acne it does do a good job removing my makeup and I believe has helped me keep my acne at a tolerable level.

While this isn't a cure for me...too bad....I know I will be purchasing this cleaner again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can't believe I haven't written a reveiw on this. How is it that I've used this product for 6 solid years, loved it, and never proclaimed it?
Well...better late than never I suppose.
When I was in junior high, I washed my face with this every night. Then, I had quite a problem with acne. While this didn't cure it, it kept it under control, and to a 12 year old, stuff that foams is highly amusing.
Now I use it as a makeup remover and it performs like a boss. Gentle, yet effective. I will use nothing else to get rid of stubborn eye makeup as it always delivers.
And...a pump?! That pumps out foamy stuff?! Years later, I still find this fun.
Some loves just never die.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by balletrc10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am prone to breaking out especially around my hairline. I use this product in my skin routine. I use it twice a day once in the morning when I wake up I wash lather rinse and pat dry my face. Especially when I know I will be wearing make up that day. I come home remove my make up so I do not clog my pores then before I go to bed I use it again. My face feels clean and fresh and notice if I have a pimple I see the redness and size of it shrink after using.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by lhuang613

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel like it slightly dries my skin too much even though I only use it twice a week and my skin is pretty normal. The pump doesn't work anymore - it always stays stuck when I press it down and I have to pull it back up.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by ItsAja

Recently I broke out after my last period. Like REALLY >__< my face had every type of pimple known to mankind appear on my face. So I went into "ATTACK MODE" with all types of cleansers and spot treatments. After a two week battle with my acne I went into a local Walgreens and seen that some of the items were having a bogo for 50% off. I purchased the Aveeno Foaming Cleanser and their skin clearing moisturizer. i must say with in 3 days the dark uneven spots where acne had ravaged my face where diminishing. Even my boyfriend was shocked. not to mention that this cleanser washes all ur makeup off your face & eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by marycherry13

This stuff made my skin worse than when I first started using it! I used it for about a month and it just kept getting worse. It also dries out my skin so much. I won't be using it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by maddance713

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I live a very active lifestyle so although my skin is naturally dry, I have problems with acne due to dirt and oils clogging my pores. This cleanser helped eliminate my acne without drying out my face! Amazing! If I could, I would've given it a 4.5 or so. It stays very foamy even rubbing it into my face, which is really nice. My only complaint is that sometimes the pump can get kind of messy, but it's not that big of a deal and easy to clean. I highly recommend this to sensitive, acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by maldiveslover

I use this product because it is gentle and does not aggravate my super sensitive acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by kipilo

So i bought this product in 4 months ago, started using it and liked it. However, I stopped and went another product. After i stopped using this my skin broke out A LOT more and i was constantly red for a month. I gave up on the other option and went BACK to this. I use it twice a day and every 3 days i exfoliate my skin. This product has worked wonders. My skin is less red. If at all red. My acne scars are healing, my pores r apearing smaller, and my skin feels a lot smoother. I also dont use a moisturizer (just toner and serum) and my skin ain't at all dry. OVERALL i would and am going to buy this product again. I've used it for nearly 2 weeks now and i c improvement.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by cypoole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff was recommended by my dermatologist. It is great for sensitive skin with acne. I use it only once per day or every other day and sometimes only once a week in the winter because if you have sensitive skin using salicylic acid too often is harmful and drying. I just use it more when I notice acne getting worse and it keeps it at bay. A really great product and the foam is not clogging or drying like some creamy washes.