Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

4.4

Water, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Agar, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Grandis, Citrus Medica Limonum, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Xylitol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Fragrance

on 4/13/2014 10:30:00 AM

I've been using Kanebo sunscreen for many years and like it very much. I came across this from a friend's recommendation. The texture is between lotion and cream. It's easily spread onto face without any white cast. It feels fresh and no oiliness on face in the first hour, however after 2-3 hours in, my face started to get oily. Also, I feel a bit dryness on my cheek area.

I much prefer Kanebo sunscreen which leaves my skin fresh and moist all day long.

on 4/9/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Product description: Contains unique Aqua Micro Capsules with UV block ingredient to provide superior SPF 50+/PA+++ protection while keeping skin cool and refreshed. It is enriched with Hyaluronic Acid & Citrus essence to hydrate and soften skin. Its water-based texture spreads easily and get adsorbed easily without a white cast. Suitable to be used on face and body.

(2014 Ver.) Ingredients: Water, alcohol, ethylhexyl methoxcycinnamate, lauryl methacrylate/sodium methacrylate crosspolymer, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, dimethicone, ethylhexyl triazone, acrylates/C10-30 acrylate crosspolymer, dextrin palmitate, glyceryl stearate, agar, PEG-400, isoceteth-20, polyvinyl alcohol, sodium hyaluronate, grapefruit extract, lemon fruit extract, orange fruit extract, xylitol, butylene glycol, propylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, disodium EDTA, BHT, fragrance.

Pros:
- great cost performance (800yen/50g)
- decently high UV protection with SPF50+ PA+++
- no white cast; product is very pale yellow
- smells great (citrus-y)/no sunscreen smell
- easy to spread; does not feel oily or heavy
- absorbs fast
- leaves skin feeling cool; feels great in humid summers
- doesn't break me out

Cons
- chemical sunscreen so needs reapplying throughout the day
- not sebum or water resistant
- contains alcohol, fragrance, BHT and other irritants that may affect sensitive skin

on 4/1/2014 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although I put that I would rebuy this product, im not to sure about it yet!!

This sunscreen..let's face it...is a pretty damn good sunscreen. I have extremely
oily skin and most sunscreens exacerbate that. However, this product keeps me
not looking like a hot mess! However its not always perfect at it...it still knocks off my
foundation (especially if i opt for a dewy formulation) and if i apply the appropriate 1/4
teaspoon amount i get pretty oily still.

It sinks into your skin really fast (even when applying the correct amount) and leaves
your skin feeling nice and refreshed. At times, though, it leaves my skin feeling dry or
slightly irritated -probably due to the high amount of alcohol in it.

All in all, this is a great sunscreen, however, i will most likely seek out something without
alcohol in it in the future. Would still recommend though!

on 1/21/2014 3:45:00 AM

A sunscreen that is lighter than some of my oil control moisturizers. That's how light it is. However once applied you will still be able to feel a very light layer of it on your skin. This is actually a good thing because it means this sunscreen won't melt off the moment sweat a little bit. Not a sunscreen for the outdoors though.

Some reviews and blogs mention that this sunscreen can be removed with regular cleansers. But the instructions on the packaging tells u that a makeup remover is recommended for removal. So to be on the safe side I use a cleansing oil to remove this sunscreen.

Update 1:

I have tried the new 2014 version and the main difference is the texture. You can actually feel a light powdery layer after it has fully absorbed. Oil n shine control is a teeny bit better than the older version. The sunscreen is also a bit more substantial so it won't melt off so easily in humid weather. It is still a favourite of mine for daily use.

Update 2:

After 2 months of almost daily use I feel this new 2014 version is a bit too heavy for my liking. Do note that I am comparing this the almost ethereal older version.

on 10/12/2013 2:57:00 AM

Very light and feels powdery when applies . Does not leave a white cast . Good for oily skin .

on 10/8/2013 11:43:00 PM

This has a pleasant light citrus scent, non-greasy, does not leave a film or white cast, and leaves the skin wonderfully soft and hydrated. Those with oilier skins may not even need to use a separately moisturizer underneath.

However, it does not provide sufficient UV protection as it only protects against UVB & UVA2 Rays. Also, it is worth noting that it has a high alcohol content and uses chemical sunscreens only - Octinoxate & Uvinul A Plus.

********************************************************************************************************

UV Filters: Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) & Uvinul A Plus (Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate).

Others: Water, Alcohol, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Agar, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, [grapefruit, lemon & Orange extract] Citrus Grandis, Citrus Medica Limonum, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Xylitol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Fragrance

This is by far the best sunscreen I have ever used! I've searched high and low for sunscreen that has high spf and claims to be non-greasy/dry-touch, and most have disappointed. I discovered this one through my cousin from Taiwan, and since my first try, I've been hooked! This particular sunscreen is made of a water base, so it does not at all have the greasy feel that other sunscreen has. Once you put it on, it really just dries like as if you've only touched water--and this is not exaggeration. It also has a light citrusy scent. I've been able to find this product on eBay for about $13 and the cost of it equates to other drugstore brands, so this is definitely a steal for me!

on 8/13/2013 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Japanese sunscreen is very overwhelming so I was glad to discover this a year ago from Makeupalley. I am on my third tube of this stuff. I even recommended it to my cousin-in-law and she loved it so much that she got it for herself.

It smells fresh and citrusy, is a so light and watery (as the name suggests). I don't love that it is a chemical sunscreen but it is perfect if you're not so picky. I think it is impossible to break out from this.

on 7/17/2013 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this to use as a primer instead of the one I wanted, and for that I thought it was just ok so I did buy the primer I originally wanted. It grew on me as a sunscreen though. It's not thick and gross, it goes on nicely. It doesn't seem to clog me like some sunscreens can. I already bought another one because it's pretty much the only sunscreen I'll use on my face now. I recommend trying this, especially since you can get it easily on amazon or ebay. It's more expensive than some drugstore sunscreens, but less than some other higher end ones. Even though it's small and I don't use it daily, it has lasted a pretty surprising amount of time.

Update: I bought a second tube, but I can't open it. I'm almost positive now that the Propylene Glycol is causing a problem for me. I have to get rid of my tube. Just bought a new one :( I will try it again since so many others really cause acne, but now that my skin is good I will be able to tell if it's a problem or not.

on 7/11/2013 6:09:00 AM

No white cast, no greasiness! It really does sink into your skin quite easily. It's the only sunscreen I've put on that doesn't feel like I'm putting on sunscreen. While I wish that it had better oil-control, I'm willing to trade that off for the other great pros of this sunscreen. I will definitely be reordering on Amazon and be buying more on my next trip in Asia.