Sephora Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

4.5

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've had my eye on this stuff for quite some time. Word on the street is that it's an excellent dupe for Stila's Stay All Day Lip Liquid, at about half the price. So, with my gift card in hand, I made my way down to my local Sephora to try it in True Red (01).

The formula is almost exactly like Stila's. The scent is the same and the shade is an almost exact dupe to Beso. Beso is just a bit deeper but honestly, it's not that noticeable. It's easy to apply, it wears well, and it has definite lasting power. It doesn't dry my lips out, nor does it flake or ball up - all positives in my book!

The shade itself lives up to its name - True Red. It's a blue based red that would work well on any skin tone. I definitely plan on purchasing other shades. I can't see myself shelling out $22 for Stila when I can get the same thing for $13 (oh and I believe you get MORE product in the Sephora brand). Definitely will purchase again.

Update: I've since purchased Marvelous Mauve (13) and Blackberry Sorbet (14) and am officially hooked. Mauve is a great dupe for Stila's Patina and Sorbet is perfect for Stila's Aria. The price has gone up to $14, but still less than Stila's $24. I am truly in love. Going to try Colourpop next....

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Review for Always red 01

I am a huge fan of MAC's ruby woo. the colour is perfect on me but I somehow manage to get it all over my face and I've eaten half the tube in less than a month. I wanted a dupe that would at least not transfer, not necessarily last all day, but just not transfer so I don't have to be paranoid that I have some on my upper lip or chin or forehead (yeah, I don't know how I do it either).

This is not a dupe for Ruby woo as some may suggest, I guess I'm super fussy because I can tell the difference. It just doesn't look as good on my warm skin as RW. AR is a shade deeper and a hint warmer than RW. It's still vibrant, but RW has a lot more POP, neon almost. I'm wearing RW on half my mouth and AR on the other: RW almost looks lighter like it has pink in it compared to AR. Also, although they are both matte RW isn't as "flat(?)" as AR. RW has a powdery finish while AR is just matte. RW actually makes my lips look a little bigger while AR makes them looks thin (Is it all in my head?). AR almost looks like more of a dark brick. AR is totally gorgeous though if you can pull it off and it doesn't transfer (Last factor: good. I did get it off with my plain glycerin soap, no oil needed)

Licking my lips AR feels chalkier but I should really train myself not to lick my lips when I have lipstick on anyway.

In Toronto Sephora came to about $18 CND and MAC came to about $22 CND. So the price diff isn't really a factor. will finish the tube but won't repurchase. I'd rather train myself to wear RW without touching my face if I can't find a better dupe.

Gonna try Maybelline 14hr in ravishing rouge as we don't seem to sell non stop red here in Canada (why? don't canadian girls deserve the same access to products as American girls? Maybe i'll try amazon ).

UPDATE:
Ravishing rouge is a pretty lame red. Not vibrant or intensely pigmented as the ads seem to suggest. It`s more of a berry red. Mehh, could do without. HOWEVER....I tried loreal infallible lipstick in infallible red 211. I wrote a review on it.

After hearing so many great reviews on this product, I was really excited to finally try it. The shade I got was in Marvelous Mauve, quite a Kylie Jenner color if you ask me. It is also a beautiful nude shade for any girl with a deep complexion - so I thought why not to try it?

I really loved the way it applied, quite smooth and effortless. You got to have a steady hand not to go over-board with it, because it sets quite fast. I found that 2-3 min later it was sitting on my lips quite well and felt fantastic. But only at first..

If you generally don't suffer from dry lips, then you will love this lip cream. However I am quite sensitive and what I felt when wearing this product was that my lips were getting quite uncomfortable with every other hour that I wore this. People also say it is a great smudge proof product that doesn't leave a lip print. In my opnion it does and moreover - if you put 3-4 layers on - your lips start getting sticky and gloopy. On a 4-5th hour I would totally remove this from my lips because I just couldn't stand that uber dry feeling anymore. And of course - the day after I would only wear a thick moisturizing balm to kind of restore their normal condition.

Comparing this product to other similar ones on the market - I think this one was the most drying. It also accentuates all the cracks on the lips, so if you have a mature skin - I don't think it will suit you at all.

If you need more thoughts on this product, this beauty review below I find is helpful.

$13 for these and I cannot get enough of them! Seriously, I've tried dozens of long last stains from high-end stores, and drugstores and these are the BEST. They go one smoothly and you can quickly clean up any mistakes before the color sets. It stays on forever...thru eating, coffee, talking, etc. I apply at 6am before leaving my house and the color is still vibrant till lunchtime. I usually reapply midday. The only thing I would caution is do not apply a gloss, lip balm, chapstick or anything on top of this stain - it will smear. I did that once & I looked like the Joker from Batman. Happy lippies here! Highly recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Sephora has some seriously underrated products. Always Red is my go to red lipstick. After trying on several different ones, including some much more expensive ones, I found that the Sephora one looked the best. It was the most bright red, was super matte, and best of all, it doesn't budge. It can look a little messy if applied without lipliner, but that's true for any red. I love the color on it's own, and if I want something more wine colored, I pair it with a maroon Wet and Wild lipstick, and it looks beautiful and stays on all night.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I picked it up in Always red (01) because I was looking for a lipstick with a matte finish and a non-drying formula, so the lip stain was an easy choice!

Pigmentation is extreme, you only need a quick swipe to make the color pop, but I suggest applying two coats if you really want to experiment how beautifully your lips stand out. It's a great alternative if you have bad experiences with popular matte lipsticks, such as MAC ones, which are a bit too dry for my chappy lips.

I wore it from 5 pm to midnight the first day - no smudging, no feathering, no transfer at all! It didn't come off, and I had a few drinks, some water and a really basic dinner.
I wanted to test it with a proper dinner though, and obviously it didn't resist oily food, but that's what happens with any product, given that I remove my makeup with coconut oil. Overall, I'm super satisfied with it.

You can totally use lip balm under it (honestly, I suggest doing so because the stain has a matte finish and could emphasize bits of flaky skin) as long as you blot it gently before applying the product.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

So the cream lip stain that I bought was blackberry sorbet and I'm absolutely in love with it. I had never bought a cream lip stain and did so thinking it was like a lip gloss, although it's not much like a gloss other than the tube and applicator. The color is very intense and it took me some getting used to as I'm not used to wearing an intense color or one this dark, but now I absolutely love it!

The product is very easy to apply, but is messy. Because it's so creamy it doesn't necessarily apply evenly and you need to scrape some of the product off the applicator before putting it on your lips since it gives a lot. The term stain is very accurate as it will stay on without needing a lip liner, although I like to use one. The finish is more of a matte than satin in this shade. It also smells like cake batter, which makes me want to use it more! Finally, it's $13, which is pretty good! I highly recommend trying the cream lip stains out and I'm going to look for more colors soon!

I was contemplating on Limecrime's Velvetines, until I chanced upon these! It's a pity the other colours are always sold out. It has a very pleasant smell, almost like a birthday cake. It dries to a matte finish, rather than satin, which was what I was really looking out for! The staying power is amazing - I can get through a meal and it would not even fade the slightest. I still put a fresh coat on after out of habit. Don't do that because after a few coats, it can get very uncomfortable.

WOW... this is one of my first purchases of Sephora makeup! And I am beyond impressed.

I've been and still am obsessed with lip stains (already bought KVD's Berlin, Outlaw, and Lolita plus Lime Crime's red velvet, wicked, and suede)... So, when I came across the raves here, I quickly tried the tester when i was in Sephora... BAM! I fell in-love with the 01 shade "Always Red." It is a nicer more vibrant red than Outlaw, kind of like MAC's Riri Woo (which I also have) but better!! Retails for 16 cdn, alas it is always out of stock in Richmond Centre. :((

However, today, I saw the last available 01 shade in the big new Robson St. Sephora and quickly grabbed it. I also bought the Mauve colour.

Score!! I found my current HG lipstick!! Highly recommended!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have always red. Great red however application is tricky around the edges for me. If I can learn how to apply liquid stains and not look like a clown this would be excellent