September 21, 2014 | 1262 users online

Lips - Sephora - Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by jptakesdc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For the matte ones:
LOVE this product. Lasts for ages, very very slight rub-off when eating or drinking but it's hardly noticeable if at all. I bought 01- Always Red and it's certainly matte! Definitely what comes to mind when I think of a Snow White-esque red, not shiny or sticky but doesn't look horribly dry either. Looks great with pale skin and the wand is like a typical lipgloss brush so it makes it much more precise than applying lipstick from a tube. The only con is that if you don't moisturize extensively beforehand, this seems to settle into fine lines and looks a little bit like paint. It feels like your lips are dry but they look pretty moisturized (as it is supposed to have extra vitamins in it- not sure about that.) Also, I would definitely recommend lip liner because it tends to feather.
As far as lip stains go, this is AMAZING, especially compared to the awful drugstore ones I've tried. Wish they had more matte colors though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by vronika

I have never worn lipsticks outside the NUDE family, I've been too scared. I tried this new lip stain, not sure on the number or name but its the RED one, don't be scared its a beautiful color once applied and comes to a gorgeous matte finish (I use it with the Sephora waterproof lip liner in Sangria). I wore it to the office scared of the critics, but to my surprise....I got sooo many compliments I ask myself" Why hadn't I done it sooner!"

The staying power is great, I usually make my lipsticks disappear without realizing it. This one is a keeper. I will say though that it does transfer onto cups and straws and such...but it will not come off. I did notice after lunch I had to reapply to the inner part of my lip, but it only makes sense, I don't eat lunch through a straw and therefore part of my lip did need touch-up which I don't mind. I don't expect miracles from products

I paid $12 + tax and it's the best dollar spent in my opinion.

Pros:

Great finish (there are satin and glittery finishes too)
Staying power
Doesn't dry lips like other long wearing products

Cons:
Not enough Matte finish colors
Will need re-apply (I don't mind, others might)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I just bought 2 of these. Sorry, but I can't read the color names or numbers on the bottom of the tubes even with glasses! These are the best long wearing lip colors I have ever owned. I wouldn't call them stains so much as long-wearing and fairly transfer-resistant liquid lipsticks. What first wowed me was the smooth application. Compared to similar products like CG Outlast and others, this applied evenly with no streaks or blotches. The other "wow" was when it dried instantly to a vibrant, rich matte color. Another wow moment was even after hours of wear, the color didn't peel and pill on my lips. When it fades, it fades gradually. It stands up pretty well to eating and drinking, but I find I do have to touch up after. It's not as dry as other long wearing lip colors, but can be topped with lip balm or gloss for a bit of moisture and shine. I really like this product and will purchase more during Friends & Family.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by birdmadgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been buying lip stains for years, and every single one of them has been crap. These, however, are awesome. They go on highly pigmented and the lasting power is pretty good. I can get a good 5 hours or so out of them, including eating and drinking. I do put a bit of clear gloss on top because they are somewhat drying, but that's a compromise I'll gladly make because I really do like these. I have Infinite Rose, which is a peachy-pink with a satin finish. I also have Always Red which is red, red, RED. It's gorgeous - but if you're one of those people who shy away from super-red lips, it ain't for you. I don't know that I would try any of the other colors, but I definitely will repurchase these two.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by LeeAnneroman

I can't use normal lipsticks owing to skin allergies but hav e to wear something for work. First your lips have to be exfoliated and moisturised really well, allow your lip balm to sink in properly before applying the lipstain. It stays on forever! I use really red and it's a very pretty colour that suits most complexions. It dries to a matte finish. I'm on my second tube. The tubes last for ages about 2 1/2 months and I use it everytime I go to work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

I have 3 of these already! I just bought the shade Infinite Rose today and I love it. It is more subtle and wearable for everyday.

These are full coverage, most of them except for Cute Pink. That one is good to top off over another lipstick for shimmer. I'm sort of just "okay" with that one.

They stay on for a really long time and don't rub off much.

Forever Fuschia is beautiful and bold. I will have to post pictures when I can!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by iluv2chug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I WOULD GIVE THIS 10 STARS IF I COULD. I bought it in the GORGEOUS shade Strawberry Kissed. It is a Hot pink/red. These are so pigmented and literally had no budge after 6 hours. I let it sit for a good 15+ minutes before applying a stickier gloss. I was really really impressed with the staying power. Will def be buying more of these. They are very creamy. I really like The doe foot applicator for this stain. Much better that the YSL Couture gloss IMO.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by rachie78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first time I have bought a lip "stain" that actually applied evenly. It was very creamy to apply, dried quickly, and seemed to have very little product wipe off throughout the day. Usually the lip stains I have tried were liquid and went on unevenly. It reminded me more of a long-lasting lip stick when it dried though, and I was looking for it to be more like an actual "stain". I bought it in a pinky nude color (shade "05"- sorry I didnt get the name) but it lasted all afternoon for about 5-6 hours until it faded. I tried the "strawberry" color in the store which was cute but too bright for daytime/work hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Purchased in Strawberry Kissed, #03, a rich bright pinkish red (almost neon), for my NC30/C4 light tan asian complexion. This is the most comfortable long-wear matte lip formula I have tried thus far, from MAC Matte formulas to Revlon Colorstay. The pigmentation is 110% and it stays put for a solid 4 hour run of drinks, dancing, eating, and light cheek-smooching, ooh-la-la. The downside, as with all long-wear formulas, is a slight parched feeling on my semi-full lips and mild pruning. It is absolutely mild and slight compared to other formulas and I simply rub Chapstick on my finger and lightly tap my lips. A little color lifts off, but it doesn't seem to affect the wear. This will be my go-to product when I want vibrant long lasting color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by microwatts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product stays on forever. I have to remember to clean it off with makeup remover at night, even when I put it on at 7 in the morning. They're very bold colours so I can't put too much and so the shimmer is not very obvious. But it's not a major issue because if I want it shiny, I layer with lipgloss.

Overall, it's an amazing lipstain. I already went back for a second shade.