Sephora Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

4.4

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

on 11/7/2014 4:24:00 PM

The staying power is great. Still on my lips for hours even after i eat and drink.. No retouch is needed.. Gonna repurchase again! And maybe consider other shades too! (Mine is in shade 03)

on 11/6/2014 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I absolutely LOVE this product. I have it in the deep burgundy perfect for that deep Autumnal lip. It looks fabulous on my dark skin so women of color, try this! I put it on, it dries matte & doesn't budge. I want to try the hot pink, strawberry red & the nude. It's also affordable at just under 11 euros! Two thumbs up. It can be a bit drying so wear a lipbalm underneath & you'll be golden.

on 10/28/2014 9:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I can't get over how great this product is. The gloss dries completely matte and will last for hours. The red gloss is my favorite but I wish Sephora would come out with more shades! Worth every dime and I'll be purchasing more shades in the future.

on 10/21/2014 11:43:00 AM

I have these in 01 Always Red, 03 Strawberry Kissed and 04 Endless Purple. They are AMAZING!!! Stays on for so long, does not bleed and no transfer. I love how matte the ones I picked are. Yeah it's drying but I don't care they look beautiful. Plus you can always put a gloss or balm over it. Everyone needs to try them. Will be getting more colors.

on 10/21/2014 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not sure why I held off buying this for so long, but now that I have, I'm glad I did.
I picked this up in 07 ("Dark Berry", I think) and it is the perfect deep aubergine for Autumn. I've worn this exclusively for five days straight now because I love it so much. There's a hint of warm-toned shimmer in it, which gives it a good amount of dimension. Otherwise, the texture itself is matte (as one might expect from a longwearing liquid lip color).
The formula and scent both remind me of my beloved Stila liquid lip colors, only Sephora has a wider (and more interesting) range of colors from rosy nudes to bright pinks to the terrific deep purple/burgundy of this shade.
Wear time is phenomenal. I do get a tad bit of fading near my inner lip after I've eaten, but touching up is easy and otherwise, it wears all day without going patchy.
It is a tad drying, but I can wear this every day provided I moisturize my lips properly at night.
Packaging is simple but functional. With formulas like this, it's hard to get the right kind of applicator in the packaging, so I use a separate brush along the lip line to clean it up. This stuff is extremely opaque, so you don't need a lot.
I'll definitely check out other shades in this range, as well as repurchase this one.

EDIT 11/20: Picked this up in the shade 04 - Endless Purple. STUNNING! It's a dark, dusty plum/mauve shade. Slightly vampy, but not as dark as Dark Berry. It's matte as well, and wears slightly better than Dark Berry over time. Fantastic product!

on 9/23/2014 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I tested the red 01 color at sephora to see if it looked good on my nw40 complexion. The moment I walked out of sephora and into the mall, I was approach by several men and women at different location at the mall telling me that they love my look! Of course, my ego had reached a new limit and I rushed right back to Sephora and purchased the lip stain.

on 9/7/2014 6:37:00 PM

On my last trip to Sephora I bought this in 02 Classic Beige. I wanted a stain that was NOT gloppy glossy. On its own, this is a bit drying, truth be said. However, I liked the color (a nude that is not that godawful concealer beige) and everything else at Sephora is so bloody expensive.

I found a great way to make this work. I use it OVER balms, lip glosses or shiny lipsticks. I found it out when I tried it over Sephora's Color Reveal lip balm. I wear it on top of Clinique's Black Honey, to tone the dark red color. I also used it on top of Nars gloss (I can wear it again!) and on top of Lipstick Queen, the Saint version. It can work on any emollient lip balm or clear gloss. The secret is not to go crazy on either product. Exfoliate your lips. Put a thin layer of balm on them. Then a thin layer of gloss, or shiny l/s. And top it with this stain. Gently blend the two. Worked great for me. Long lasting color without dryness. I don't think this is really a stain, but I don't care since my method makes it last a goodish bit of time. I hope this works well for others.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

For the price, this is a great lip stain! Very comparable to the the Lime Crime lip stains. The color Always Red is a great dupe for Lime Crime's Red Velvet and I've even heard some people say that Strawberry Kisses is comparable to Lime Crime's Suedeberry. So if you've been wanting to try Lime Crime's lip stains and they don't comply with your budget or they are out of stock (which they often times are) then these are a great option! They are also just a great choice in general.

on 8/17/2014 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love this product - yes, it's a bit drying, but that's exactly why I love it. It never feels like it's bleeding and it definitely stays on for a very long time even when I'm eating and drinking. I have Always Red, Strawberry Kissed and recently ordered Dark Berry and Everlasting Burgundy. I'm so happy I found this product!

on 8/11/2014 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy amazeballs, this actually lives up to the hype! I'm NC25 and bought Classic Beige (matte brown) and Always Red (matte, true red) on a whim. Always Red is a BRIGHT, classic, retro red and looks very similar to Revlon Really Red, which is my go-to red lipstick. It's super flattering for almost any skin tone and complexion. Classic Beige is a bit harder to pull off - it's a medium, matte brown, and it looks too dark and ruddy to be a nude on me. I'd recommend it for medium to darker-skinned ladies, or I guess anyone who is going for the 90's brown-lips look. I personally think this shade ages me, so I may pass this on to a friend or a family member.

The doe-foot applicator makes application a breeze and you can apply without lip liner of any kind. (Having balm underneath is definitely a good idea.) The product feels incredibly light after it dries, like I have absolutely nothing on my lips. It took about a full minute to dry to the point where it didn't rub off on my fingers or a napkin, but once it's on, it's ON. I saw no fading after a few hours outside, even after drinks and food.

You need something oil-based to remove this stain from your lips because it really doesn't budge otherwise. I noticed that if you add a balmy, creamy lipstick on top, it tends to take the stain right off since those are full of hydrating oils, so keep that in mind if you want to layer things on top of this stain. By itself, it's pretty budge-proof.