October 22, 2014 | 1897 users online

Lips - Sephora - Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by luckyduck63

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I admit it, I'm a lipstick junkie. I have a drawer full of lipsticks, glosses, stains, and plumpers in every shade and formula imaginable. You can bet I'll buy more, too! : ) A Sephora store recently opened less than two miles from my home (proof that good karma comes home to roost) and I've been busy trying pretty much everything they offer. I've had lots of good results from a myriad of products, but this is one that had me going back for more. Let me preface this by saying that I was on a flight and noticed the flight attendant was sporting the most perfect, bold, matte red lips EVER. I had to ask her what she was wearing. When she told me that it was Sephora lip stain and just $12 I knew what my next purchase would be! I picked up a tube of Always Red and LOVE it. I get so many compliments when I wear it and it stays put all day. I love that with a quick swipe of the sponge applicator you get a wonderful, saturated color. After trying the red I knew that I needed more colors! I bought a tube of Classic Beige (don't let the name fool you, it's not a pale, barely there color) because I can always use a good neutral. Again, success! Absolutely love the color and staying power. I've seen some reviews that complain of this formula drying their lips. I didn't have that problem but I imagine that a good lip balm and/or a dab of gloss would be the answer. I also picked up a tube of this stain in Endless Purple, which is supposed to be a mauve plum but seems a little dark. I can slide a pink shimmer gloss over it and make it work though - it was my poor judgement in color choice, not the fault of the product. I'd encourage anyone who wants to put on lip color in the morning and forget about it for the rest of the day to try one of Sephora's lip stains. It's easy for me to give this product 5 lippies!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by miaaaaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't rave enough about the color Endless Pink (09). I have been searching for a buildable, flattering bright raspberry pink matte lip color and this is it! For reference, I have light to fair yellow based Asian skin.
What's great about this product is that you can control the intensity of the color to a great degree. This makes it extremely versatile and easy to work with. For a natural, flushed look, I first apply a light layer of blotted lip balm. Then I use my fingers to apply a TINY amount (like a sesame seed sized amount) of the lip stain and spread it out evenly over my lips. With a bit more product you can create a very saturated, intense matte look.
This does stain my lips, but it also rubs off a bit which isn't a huge issue for me. There is fine shimmer in this particular color, however it just makes the finish appear more "dimensional" and not sparkly or too shimmery.
Highly recommended! I can't wait to try the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by youtriedjpg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this product. It is on the pricey side at $12 but you get what you pay for. I got it in the brightest red they had. It lasts all day but I preferred to touch it up a little about half way through the day. It stays on when you're eating and drinking which really pleased me. I love the applicator because it's just like a lip gloss which is easier for me than all the marker applicators. It did dry out my lips a little but not too bad. I'm definitely going to go get another color some time next week.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by jptakesdc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For the matte ones:
LOVE this product. Lasts for ages, very very slight rub-off when eating or drinking but it's hardly noticeable if at all. I bought 01- Always Red and it's certainly matte! Definitely what comes to mind when I think of a Snow White-esque red, not shiny or sticky but doesn't look horribly dry either. Looks great with pale skin and the wand is like a typical lipgloss brush so it makes it much more precise than applying lipstick from a tube. The only con is that if you don't moisturize extensively beforehand, this seems to settle into fine lines and looks a little bit like paint. It feels like your lips are dry but they look pretty moisturized (as it is supposed to have extra vitamins in it- not sure about that.) Also, I would definitely recommend lip liner because it tends to feather.
As far as lip stains go, this is AMAZING, especially compared to the awful drugstore ones I've tried. Wish they had more matte colors though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by vronika

I have never worn lipsticks outside the NUDE family, I've been too scared. I tried this new lip stain, not sure on the number or name but its the RED one, don't be scared its a beautiful color once applied and comes to a gorgeous matte finish (I use it with the Sephora waterproof lip liner in Sangria). I wore it to the office scared of the critics, but to my surprise....I got sooo many compliments I ask myself" Why hadn't I done it sooner!"

The staying power is great, I usually make my lipsticks disappear without realizing it. This one is a keeper. I will say though that it does transfer onto cups and straws and such...but it will not come off. I did notice after lunch I had to reapply to the inner part of my lip, but it only makes sense, I don't eat lunch through a straw and therefore part of my lip did need touch-up which I don't mind. I don't expect miracles from products

I paid $12 + tax and it's the best dollar spent in my opinion.

Pros:

Great finish (there are satin and glittery finishes too)
Staying power
Doesn't dry lips like other long wearing products

Cons:
Not enough Matte finish colors
Will need re-apply (I don't mind, others might)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I just bought 2 of these. Sorry, but I can't read the color names or numbers on the bottom of the tubes even with glasses! These are the best long wearing lip colors I have ever owned. I wouldn't call them stains so much as long-wearing and fairly transfer-resistant liquid lipsticks. What first wowed me was the smooth application. Compared to similar products like CG Outlast and others, this applied evenly with no streaks or blotches. The other "wow" was when it dried instantly to a vibrant, rich matte color. Another wow moment was even after hours of wear, the color didn't peel and pill on my lips. When it fades, it fades gradually. It stands up pretty well to eating and drinking, but I find I do have to touch up after. It's not as dry as other long wearing lip colors, but can be topped with lip balm or gloss for a bit of moisture and shine. I really like this product and will purchase more during Friends & Family.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by birdmadgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been buying lip stains for years, and every single one of them has been crap. These, however, are awesome. They go on highly pigmented and the lasting power is pretty good. I can get a good 5 hours or so out of them, including eating and drinking. I do put a bit of clear gloss on top because they are somewhat drying, but that's a compromise I'll gladly make because I really do like these. I have Infinite Rose, which is a peachy-pink with a satin finish. I also have Always Red which is red, red, RED. It's gorgeous - but if you're one of those people who shy away from super-red lips, it ain't for you. I don't know that I would try any of the other colors, but I definitely will repurchase these two.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by LeeAnneroman

I can't use normal lipsticks owing to skin allergies but hav e to wear something for work. First your lips have to be exfoliated and moisturised really well, allow your lip balm to sink in properly before applying the lipstain. It stays on forever! I use really red and it's a very pretty colour that suits most complexions. It dries to a matte finish. I'm on my second tube. The tubes last for ages about 2 1/2 months and I use it everytime I go to work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

I have 3 of these already! I just bought the shade Infinite Rose today and I love it. It is more subtle and wearable for everyday.

These are full coverage, most of them except for Cute Pink. That one is good to top off over another lipstick for shimmer. I'm sort of just "okay" with that one.

They stay on for a really long time and don't rub off much.

Forever Fuschia is beautiful and bold. I will have to post pictures when I can!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by iluv2chug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I WOULD GIVE THIS 10 STARS IF I COULD. I bought it in the GORGEOUS shade Strawberry Kissed. It is a Hot pink/red. These are so pigmented and literally had no budge after 6 hours. I let it sit for a good 15+ minutes before applying a stickier gloss. I was really really impressed with the staying power. Will def be buying more of these. They are very creamy. I really like The doe foot applicator for this stain. Much better that the YSL Couture gloss IMO.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No