July 25, 2014 | 1708 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by pandalong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a product of good value. Don't miss it, If you like luminous finish. The shade 52 is a little darker for my skin tone. I'm in NC20. Then I'm not a big fan of the scent, and it lasts few hours. Sometimes I think it's just too luminous, i have to use a mat powder to mattify it a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by swann21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a really good foundation. I would compare it to NARS tinted moisturizer but the consistency is thicker, it's not as hard to take off, it feels less heavy on your face but it does tend to emphasize dry patches more. It gives a finish that is pretty matte but slightly dewy to be natural looking. It lasts all day. I have oily skin and I do get oily nearing the end of the day but This is without setting my foundation with powder and the foundation still looks like my own skin. I use half a pump for light to medium coverage. I've never tried to build it up. However, I found that when I put too much on or when I used a foundation brush instead of my hands, it looks cakey. I found the best way to apply is by squirting some into your hands, rubbing your hands together and using your hands to apply it onto your face, a lot like how you'd apply moisturizer. It smells good and I like how the ingredients are for the most part very safe. I think Europe has a system for inspecting the safety of its cosmetics whereas America does not. I ordered it on a website that gives free shipping for orders over $25. I bought two of them $13 each. This is definitely one of the highest quality yet affordable foundations I've found.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by teoreo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot stress enough about how amazing this foundation is! My skin used to be oily all over but now it's more of a combination skin type and this foundation just glides on. I use Benefit's Porefessional as a primer underneath and I love the texture of this amazing foundation. The smell is very fruity and I love that. I love the glow it gives. I look super awake and my skin is even and healthy-looking with this on top. It doesn't have much coverage but that's okay cause I just use MAC's Studio Finish concealer for blemishes and discoloration. Evens out skin beautifully. It has a pump so that's great. Overall, this foundation is the most amazing one I've tried yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Principessa911

I have Very dry skin and this foundation is a dream! Usually around noon my skin on my nose and t-zone gets really flakes and my foundation looks terrible.. But not this! Gives you a beautiful radiant glow it has a nice Dewey finish but not greasy looking. You can build up layers and it'll never get cakes which is why I love this. Definitely repurchasing it! My HG foundation (and I've tried a lot over the years)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by camillajhb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I first bought this Bourjois serum foundation two years ago, when I had oily-combination acne-prone skin. Now I've bought it again, while I have ultra-dry, sensitive, eczema and acne-prone skin (thanks Accutane!) so I can give a good idea of how this might work on these skin types. I've loved it both times!

First of all, the texture of this foundation is so nice and soothing. Both times I've purchased it I've noticed how luxurious it feels on the skin, even recently while my face has been raw and irritated. The light gel texture has a calming, soothing effect, feeling like a moisturiser rather than a foundation. The smell is fruity and pleasant, adding to the soothing feeling.

Coverage is light-medium, beautifully dewy but never gets shiny, even on an oily t-zone and without powder. Before this I had been using the incredibly resilient Revlon Colorstay, and I have to say I haven't noticed this being any less long-lasting! I've also used it on blemished skin with a few dollops of concealer and was very happy with the coverage, which can be built up to a medium with the use of a buffing brush.

When I had oilier skin I found it applied best with my fingers, and now with my super dry skin I apply it with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush with equally as much success. At the moment it requires a lot more blending (especially over my dry patches) in comparison to effortless blending on oilier skin. This hasn't put me off, however. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by iamthebun

I have oily skin, and this clung to oily patches on my face, especially on my nose. It looked terrible within an hour. At first it looked fine but later it became patchy

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by misszb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I still have mixed feelings about this foundation, even though I've had it for six months maybe. I have acne-prone skin, so when my skin is smooth and generally just a better texture (with no dry patches), it's ok. It has a light coverage, which I think is just not enough for me (just for reference, I have acne marks on the sides of my cheeks, and 1-2 blemishes-so nothing that much). Therefore, it leaves a natural finish, so if you have normal/combination skin with no huge imperfections, I would say give it a try
On the other hand, I don't know how people with dry skin love this, because I just can't use it when I have dry patches left from some agressive acne treatments.
I kind of make it work, just to use it up, but then again I wouldn't repurchase something that I have "to make work".

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by EllaBella95

Light coverage foundation that's easily builds to medium. Applies really easily and quickly with fingers giving dewy, bright, healthy finish. The gel formula spreads like a dream and feels great on. Concealer needed for blemishes etc and a little powder required to make it last all day. I would say this is a daytime foundation as the coverage is too light for a night out in my opinion. Overall really recommend. I have nc20ish skin and found that mixing 51 and 52 was perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

This is a hard one to rate. On one hand, it gives such a pretty glow; in fact it gets prettier as the day goes on. But on the other hand, it pooled around my nose like nothing else I've tried (and I wouldn't say I had oily skin). I also had primed, powdered AND MAC fix+ in the morning after applying it.

I have tried both this and the Healthy Mix foundation and I MUCH preferred the finish of the Gel serum over the standard foundation. Even my husband commented on how cakey my face looked the day I was wearing the Healthy Mix foundation version.

I'll give this another try in cooler weather as I was wearing it on a 40+ degree day in Melbourne so I was probably asking a little bit too much of this.
I was impressed with the way it did not settle into lines around my eyes; but beware; this oxidises Big Time which was fine with me because the darkest shade wasn't quite dark enough for me (NW40)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by vickywang

Personally I think Bourjois foundations are the best drug store foundations available if you are looking for natural and light foundations. All the Bourjois foundations I used never make me break out. Almost all of them have nice scent which doesnt bother me. They dont particularlly stay very long. I ususally need to have touch up after 4 hours. What I like the most is that I dont feel I wear foundations when I use them as they are so light and easy to blend in to the skin. I find all the Bourjois foundations are very similar in term of texture and lasting power. They tend to have dewy finish which I like. For some reason I always go back to purchase their foundations. I do think they have much higher quality products compared to other drug store brands. The only thing is the price - AUD: 35.00, bit pricy.