Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 3/26/2015 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I put this on my face and it was instantly like.. This is the foundation I have been waiting 10 years to find. My face instantly felt good. This stuff feels like moisturizer and has the coverage I'm looking for - I like the "no-makeup makeup" effect. It hasn't broken me out and lasts through the day. My forehead gets a little shiny, but I'm not sure if that's a product of this, having bangs, or just having a very oily forehead. I feel fresh with this foundation and it doesn't cake or oxidize around the nose pads on my glasses (looking at you TruBlend!!!). It's pricey (but not outrageous) - but my mother always said make sure you have expensive foundation - the rest can be cheap crap! I seriously hope this doesn't get discontinued or I will need to start my search all over again. I'm hoping to use this for life.

on 3/26/2015 7:53:00 AM

Good for:
Normal, dry and very dry skin
A natural, dewey finish
Light coverage
''No makeup'' makeup

Not the best for:
Oily skin
Troubled skin (hyperpigmentation, acne, etc)
High coverage

on 3/23/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pros:
+ Natural
+ Light cover
+ Easy to blend
+ Does not cause break out

Cons:
+ Not long-lasting
+ Cakey after 2 or 3 coats
+ Not suitable with ppl who have oily skin
+ Suitable with ppl who have smooth skin already

on 3/18/2015 9:43:00 AM

I love this foundation!! I have very dry dull skin. I do not need much coverage, so this foundation was right for me !! It has light coverage, glowy dewy finish. Love love it and will absolutely repurchase !!

on 3/17/2015 12:32:00 PM

Minimal coverage, so loaded with crap that my skin reacted the second I applied it. Not surprisingly, when I gave it a second chance and kept it on, it broke me out like crazy. Don't bother with this one

on 3/15/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a great foundation! I've been using this for about two months straight and have been loving it. (For reference, I have oil/combo skin with dry patches and an oily t-zone) This foundation is about $30 CAD which is a little pricey and I have only been able to find it at shoppers drug mart...but, if you are an optimum member you can save up points and get it for "free". It comes in about 8 shades, but from my knowledge only 6 shades are available in Canada. It has a pump which is always a bonus and the packaging is all plastic. Lastly, the foundation is not too think but not too thin, just right and it also has a fruity scent to it which I love (almost like Garnier products...).

Now for my thoughts: The fact that I have been using this foundation for about 2 months and have not even thought about any other foundation is enough of a statement. I'm known for hoarding foundations and have tried almost everything in the drugstore and even a few high-end products; nothing even comes close to this. This foundation gives a light to medium coverage depending on which tool you use to apply it. I found my fingers and a flat-top brush gave me a sheer look that was very dewy; not really what i wanted. BUT the Quo "beauty blender" gave me the perfect finish (also available at SDM). All I did was wet the sponge and apply the foundation to my face in a stippling motion making sure not to run the sponge over my face or else it would give a sheer finish. Doing this gave me great coverage and covered up a lot of my acne scars without making it look like I'm wearing a mask!:) At first, the foundation looked dewy, but after a few minutes it gave me a skin-like finish.
The wear of this is where it loses points. It doesn't last 16 hours on my skin, but I've worn worst foundation. I found that WITH a primer it separated on my skin and left a oily shield...which might be the primers fault, but even without a primer I found that it got oily after about 6 hours. This foundation did not make me break out at all and it might just be me and my eyes but I see slight improvements in my skin in terms of texture and radiance. My skin looks and feels more even.
The gel-formula is like nothing that I've experience before. The foundation isn't chalky which i Love. The colour is true to what it looks like, and because of the gel, the product glides onto the skin evenly.
At the end of the day, the foundation still looks great regardless of the fact that it has come off at a few places (around the nose/top of the lip), but don't expect to have this on your face for a long time as it will not stay.

I'm absolutely in love with this foundation and am looking forward to buying more shades in the summer when my skin gets deeper in colour. I highly recommend that all skin types try this (unless you are at the far end of the spectrum: extremely dry and extremely oily). This would also be great for those just starting to get into makeup and also for those who are at a later stage in life.

Another issue I have is the colour range. I love that a lot of foundations are neutral-yellow based (not commonly found in drugstore), but it only caters to a select few skin tones. This line has no colours for fair skin or deep skin tones. I am an nc20-25/C3 in MAC and use the shade 52-Vanilla which is slightly too light for me (but I mix covergirl trumatch in M4 too add more yellow and more depth to the foundation). I wish Bourjois would cater to all skin tones and undertones as this is a fabulous foundation.

If this foundation is available in your area, go out and get it!!

on 3/14/2015 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Man, I really want to love this foundation, but sadly my skin type doesn't work with it. It's gives such a great natural finish to the skin. Doesn't cover everything, but that's why I say "natural" finish. Lightweight, and the serum-like texture makes it so easy to apply. I don't know about others but I love the fruity smell - it's a great pick-me-up in the morning. My only beef with the foundation is, like I mentioned, it doesn't work with my severely oily skin. Even with a primer, finishing powder, and setting mist, it's almost completely wiped off my face after about 4 hours. That said, I'm considering getting myself a better primer and setting spray just to see if that will help. I just want it to work out so bad!

on 3/12/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It is a nice fresh foundation , it makes the skin look healthy, it feels great, goes on looking natural and a bit dewey..my skin is on the dry side and likes that foundation lots! Nice selection of colors..coverage is sheer overall, so if you have lots to hide, might not be enough. I like it.

on 3/12/2015 1:53:00 PM

This is my favorite base product and it has been for a while. I like it because it is a serum, which means that it's very light in consistency and coverage. It feels light on the skin and I wear this every day because I really want my skin to still look like skin and I am a fan of the fresh, no make-up look. Highly recommend this for everyone who have dry skin and want something very light and moisturizing. Love this!

on 3/9/2015 3:18:00 AM

My HD foundation for everyday! It's one of the only foundations that I've repurchased multiple times and will continue to repurchase. First off, the texture is amazing- it's really different from any other foundation I've tried (I've tried a lot and a lot of them feel heavy on the skin for me). The texture is gel-like so when you apply it, it feels really fresh and light going on the skin. I have combination, acne-prone and super sensitive skin and I've never had a problem with breakouts with this foundation. If anything, my skin's texture looks and feels better after I apply it (I think the vitamins in the ingredients have something to do with it).

I'd say it's medium coverage but you can build it in thin layers up to full coverage. I love how it feels super weightless and soothing on the skin (almost like a gel moisturizer) but gives really good coverage. The first time I used it I was surprised at how little concealer I needed after! The finish leaves your skin looking really fresh and healthy- kind of in between dewy and matte. I usually set my makeup with a light dusting of powder just to keep shine at bay. It's amazing to use on days where you're looking tired because it really makes your skin look glowing.

The scent is also amazing- it's mild but really refreshing (it's almost a fruity scent but not overpowering at all). Side note on the scent- if you're feeling tired in the morning, it's a good pick-me-up when you're applying your makeup. Packaging is also super light and convenient and the little nozzle dispenses just the right amount. Overall, LOVE this foundation and will continue to repurchase.